PDA

View Full Version : i have two words for you Dark Hunter

kentspumpkin
11-19-2008, 01:13 PM
i noticed alot of you ladies have been reading the dark hunter novels by SK. i had oicked up one of SK's books in the past(not a dark hunter) and it was ok but i was kind of like take it or leave it. but recently i ran out of things to read, so i found the first book to the dark hunter series, and man am i hooked. i have been reading two of them a week since. for any of you ladies out there that have not caught on to this trend yet is so reccomend that you do. the first book is fantasy lover, and this book is a little different from the actual dark hunter books, but it kicks it off, and the peps in it are in the rest of the books. so while it is different you need to start there, and the next book you get will be the actual first dark hunter book.
thank you to all you ladies, who first got me stuck on J R Ward, and now SK.

LibraryLynn
11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
I can totally agree with you. I would have never thought of reading so of these wonderful authors w/o the suggestion of you ladies.

SK & BDB ROCKS!

Rachel
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I have been reading them for a couple of weeks now and I was hooked from the first book too.I haven't exactly read them in order,I read the first 6 then I read 10,11,12,and 13.I'm fixing to start one of the Dream Hunter books and eventually I'll get the 3 books I don't have.My favorite parts in the books are the ones with Simi.It is a really good series.:th_nod:

kentspumpkin
11-19-2008, 04:39 PM
i like simi as well. i started on book one and i just finished reading sieze the night. i so want to skip ahead to acheron. which leads me to a question does anyone know if i will miss something if i was to skip forward to acheron?

amberplumeria
11-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes and no. As mentioned in other threads, there is A LOT of backstory in Archeron which would kind of catch you up on the stuff you missed, but then you would also miss the story in the books you skipped. You'd already know the ending, and that's no fun, lol.

mommaj
11-19-2008, 04:43 PM
i like simi as well. i started on book one and i just finished reading sieze the night. i so want to skip ahead to acheron. which leads me to a question does anyone know if i will miss something if i was to skip forward to acheron?

Sorry, KP! But you will definitely miss somethings if you skip to Acheron! Patience, my young jedi! LOL! LOVED!!!!! Seize the Night.....Valerius....yummm! and Zarek cracks me up! :snick:

Rachel
11-19-2008, 04:44 PM
It might be a good idea to read a couple more books before you skip ahead.

kentspumpkin
11-19-2008, 04:46 PM
zarek cracks me up too. you know when i had to read vane before valerius, i was at first wanting to breeze through it so i could get to valerius. but as i was rading night play, i found myself laughing alot. when vane and fury go to eat thanksgiving dinner with brides family, i was rolling. i loved when vane kicked fury for smelling the mashed potatoes.

jayzee
11-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I have to agree with mommaj ...don't skip ahead to Acheron. It may seem like it will take a while to get there, but it is so much better to read them in order ...you'll appreciate all of Ash's story more. Enjoy Valerius ...I know I do.

Nala147
11-19-2008, 08:53 PM
you donīt want to miss what Katra is right?, then donīt jump, is better if you arrive at the book in order, then al the book will make sense, if you skip, you will have HUGE chunks of story left behind...,

Achaius
11-19-2008, 10:48 PM
LOL you gotta love Dark Hunters. They're yumtastical :0)

Viking Princess
11-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Read them in order!!!!:snick:

Kristi76
11-19-2008, 11:02 PM
i noticed alot of you ladies have been reading the dark hunter novels by SK. i had oicked up one of SK's books in the past(not a dark hunter) and it was ok but i was kind of like take it or leave it. but recently i ran out of things to read, so i found the first book to the dark hunter series, and man am i hooked. i have been reading two of them a week since. for any of you ladies out there that have not caught on to this trend yet is so reccomend that you do. the first book is fantasy lover, and this book is a little different from the actual dark hunter books, but it kicks it off, and the peps in it are in the rest of the books. so while it is different you need to start there, and the next book you get will be the actual first dark hunter book.
thank you to all you ladies, who first got me stuck on J R Ward, and now SK.

I am on book two now, Kyrian rocks my world with that kick butt sense of humor!:jiggy:

kentspumpkin
11-20-2008, 12:25 AM
oh just wait kristi, the humor just keeps getting better and better, LOL. so i guess i am stuck waiting :sad1: but at least i get to enjoy the wait with the rest of the series.:wbiggrin:
also i was on sk site today and read something about ash having two books, so does any one know any thing about that?

Viking Princess
11-20-2008, 12:36 AM
oh just wait kristi, the humor just keeps getting better and better, LOL. so i guess i am stuck waiting :sad1: but at least i get to enjoy the wait with the rest of the series.:wbiggrin:
also i was on sk site today and read something about ash having two books, so does any one know any thing about that?

Acheron is 2 books in one volume. Part one is his past up until he becomes the leader of the Dark-Hunters. Part 2 is his present, his HEA.

kentspumpkin
11-20-2008, 12:48 AM
TY VP, i was thinking it might be that since the book appears to be large. but still glad to hear it, because i was afraid that i would get half the story and then have to wait. and me and waiting don't get along so well LOL.

Apryl
11-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Seize the Night.....Valerius....yummm! and Zarek cracks me up! :snick:

This was one of my favs of the whole series! Zarek is halarious and Valerius can eat crackers in my bed anyday!

Viking Princess
11-20-2008, 09:24 AM
This was one of my favs of the whole series! Zarek is halarious and Valerius can eat crackers in my bed anyday!

Did you hear Zarek is in the Dead After Dark story and in Dream Warrior. :wwink:

Apryl
11-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Did you hear Zarek is in the Dead After Dark story and in Dream Warrior. :wwink:

No! I just love him. When is Dream Warrior coming out?

Viking Princess
11-20-2008, 09:34 AM
No! I just love him. When is Dream Warrior coming out?

Mind just went blank but i believe that would be.....February

mysticmisty
11-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I am totally with you on this. I am in love with each & every one of them for their uniqueness. I love Julian for his selflessness & heart....I love Kryian for his protectiveness & heart...and I love Talon so far for his fearlessness & heart. OK...not to mention each of these men so far are 6.5 or taller. YUMMY!!!

The more I find out about Acheron...I love him & I cannot WAIT TO READ HIS STORY!!!!

kentspumpkin
11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
that is cool that zarek is going to be in them. i like him, he is kinda like z to me in BDB. it just makes you want to give him a hug.

Jamie Leigh
11-22-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a late bloomer when it came to the DH series. I'm really trying to catch up. I think I'm on #5 so I have a ways to go. It is so tempting to skip ahead but I'm not going to do it.

And that's what I keep telling myself.

kentspumpkin
11-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a late bloomer when it came to the DH series. I'm really trying to catch up. I think I'm on #5 so I have a ways to go. It is so tempting to skip ahead but I'm not going to do it.

And that's what I keep telling myself.

it is very hard to not want to, that is for sure.

Raonaid
11-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I was fortunate to have caught the dark hunter books before Night Embrace came out. I remember voicing an interest in the books when I seen Talon's web site. Two friends suggested I read Fantasy Lover and Night Pleasures first.

Lady Luck smiled her fortune on me for allowing me to find both books at a Used Book store (my standard method of trying new authors).I finished them in two days, remember signing onto the internet, IMing my friend Keeshe and telling her "GET THESE BOOKS!"

We've followed faithful ever after. Hehe, even my hubs reads the books. I managed to talk him into reading one, but he said there was too much sex for his taste and stopped at Night Pleasures. Well, after the signing we attending in August, he surprised me on the four hour trip home "I need to read those books. Which one is after Night Pleasures?"

He's been devouring them ever since. So I don't have to worry about him grouching about book buys when it's Kenyon's dark hunter books. Though he did tell me "Fury's book I get to read first" since Fury ended up being his favorite with Savitor close second.

Dev's mine!

But read them in order, it makes oh so better sense

ginaj
11-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Yes, they have to read in order....listen to Vic on this one. And if you need the order list, she's got that too with notes. LOL! Don't worry Vic, I'll be sending the 2nd half of the series back to you very soon! I just got to read the companion book!

And guess what?! I just finished reading Ashes book!!!! I was SHOCKED to read who his HEA was with!...That's all I'm sayin'......:wbiggrin:

Nala147
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I love Ash HEA, and Zarek and Valerius are my favs hunters (vane and Fury my Fav weres), just loves all SK books til now, no all of them are as good, but I think is because the dream hunters had yet to get to his highest point like D'Alerian o M'Adoc HEA.. but I donīt know if there will be such a thing...:skeptical:

susan h
11-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry, KP! But you will definitely miss somethings if you skip to Acheron! Patience, my young jedi! LOL! LOVED!!!!! Seize the Night.....Valerius....yummm! and Zarek cracks me up! :snick:

What she said.:th_nod:

FeverChick
11-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I finally bit the bullet and started reading this series too since I've been in a reading lull. I'm on the second book in the series I believe, Night Pleasures and its good.

CaveGirl
11-24-2008, 10:57 PM
love sk and LOVE the dark hunters!!! i've gotten a bunch of girls i work with hooked and they love them. i've also started re reading them from the beginning again. there's so much that comes back in later books so definitely read them in order, like others have said.

kentspumpkin
11-24-2008, 11:29 PM
i need unleash the night next, and with thanksgiving coming i have not gone to go get it for fear that i wont cook. LOL. so it will have to wait till after thanksgiving.

snoopy
11-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I have tried to read SK's Dark Hunter series and could not really get into them, but I did read all of Christine Feehan's Dark books....and really, really, love her.....maybe I'll give SK one more try.....but the problem with me is if I love the book...I have to buy them all and Ms. Feehan has atleast 15 connecting...I believe SK's Dark series is pretty long also.....uggggh.....