PDA

View Full Version : Ro...Patrona...Mac's Mom

Nurslings
01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
So, I was thinking while I was putting the kidlets to bed...
In darkfever (not handy but will find) when Mac is in the Bar and about to betray herself to the Grey Man, Ro says that "and you an O'connor no less, I should be telling your Kin!" (or something very similar to that)

But when Mac questions Ro later on... She says that there are no O'connors left

Erm.... That seems Fishy.

Also, and here is an errant thought... in FaeFever, Mac is dreaming again of the Ice Prison, and she says that she can almost make out a familiar voice, but it never quite makes it, and she hears some(one/thing) laughing. She suspects (or maybe it's me...lol) that maybe someone is trying to communicate with her that is trapped in the Unseelie Prison...

So... dun dun dun dun... Could Mac's mom be a prisoner in the Unseelie Prison Realm?

ETA* Hardcover FF chapter 10

I slept fitfully dreamed of the sad woman again.
She was trying to tell me something but an icy wind kept stealing her words each time she opened her mouth. Laughter rippled on the chilling breeze, and I thought I recognized it, but I couldn't lift the name from my mind. The harder I tried, the more frightened and confused I became.

Darkfever pg 27 paperback

(Ro) "How dare you betray us! and you --- an O'connor no less!! I'll be having a word with your Kin, I will!!"

BloodFever: Hardcover pg 199

"Are there or aren't there any O'connors in your organization?"
A shadow crossed her face. She shook her head. "the bloodline died out, Mackayla. If you are an O'connor, or an offshoot of that branch, you are the last."

*Jo*
01-25-2009, 09:36 PM
So, I was thinking while I was putting the kidlets to bed...
In darkfever (not handy but will find) when Mac is in the Bar and about to betray herself to the Grey Man, Ro says that "and you an O'connor no less, I should be telling your Kin!" (or something very similar to that)

But when Mac questions Ro later on... She says that there are no O'connors left

Erm.... That seems Fishy.

Also, and here is an errant thought... in FaeFever, Mac is dreaming again of the Ice Prison, and she says that she can almost make out a familiar voice, but it never quite makes it, and she hears some(one/thing) laughing. She suspects (or maybe it's me...lol) that maybe someone is trying to communicate with her that is trapped in the Unseelie Prison...

So... dun dun dun dun... Could Mac's mom be a prisoner in the Unseelie Prison Realm?

I believe something happened at the abbey 20 years ago & the Sinsar Dubh goes missing.
Patrona ...can't remember this at all.
Goes missing? Dead?! What??
I dunna recall.
The Lanes adopt both girls...

I doona ken.
I think this definitely is a big possibility here.
BIG.

LisK
01-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Wow, interesting thought. This would mean the Unseelie King is trying to wipe out the Sidhe-Seers, and by getting rid of Mac's mom & sister, now would be after Mac herself! Intersting!

Nurslings
01-25-2009, 10:14 PM
ETA* Hardcover FF chapter 10

I slept fitfully dreamed of the sad woman again.
She was trying to tell me something but an icy wind kept stealing her words each time she opened her mouth. Laughter rippled on the chilling breeze, and I thought I recognized it, but I couldn't lift the name from my mind. The harder I tried, the more frightened and confused I became.

Darkfever pg 27 paperback

(Ro) "How dare you betray us! and you --- an O'connor no less!! I'll be having a word with your Kin, I will!!"

A shadow crossed her face. She shook her head. "the bloodline died out, Mackayla. If you are an O'connor, or an offshoot of that branch, you are the last."

So, I think Rowena is power hungry, and probably on the bad side. I think that she wanted to be in charge of PI. I think she wanted it all. And perhaps Patrona was in the way or in the know.

I think Ro stole the book at first. I think Patrona caught her, and things got rolling. Patrona had someone help her get her kids out, because she knew they {the Kids} were going to be able to find the book once it was out. She didn't want the life she had for her kids. {full of demons, Fae, Death, etc}
Instead of killing Patrona, they locked her up b/c they couldn't find the kids, and they needed someone to be able to aid them once they either got the book, or someone to help them find the book.

I donna ken.

OR

Now, the other thought I had and it's sort of out there, but at the end of Faefever Mac (pg 283 Hardcover) She flexes her Sidhe senses out there and sees Darroc standing at the edge of a dark cliff, in the icy place, with a heart held high. {an obvious sacrifice... but whose Heart :wno:) A powerful Human (sidhe Seer???) Like Mac's mother :skeptical:

EEEK

ashes2jewels
01-25-2009, 10:46 PM
This is my thought on what went down at the abby...
Round about though the way is...
First, I think the only reason the seers kept the book safe for so long was because they were all like Mac-the book's polar opposite. As long as it was surrounded by all that goodness, with all that energy directed at simply keeping it guarded, it could do nothing. As time past it evolved but it was a secret evolution, one not fully comprehended because the circumstances of its imprisonment kept it sleeping.
Enter Rowena. Now, all orders are filled with their quota of differing sides, politics if you will. Rowena sat to one side gaining her followers, the then-current leader on hers. Rowena wanted the leader's place, coveted it like a barren woman would the pregnant woman's swollen belly. Perhaps this base desire came at just the wrong time in the book's evolution, perhaps Rowena tried to take but a peek at its pages and woke the Beast. Perhaps, even, though dissension came before, this one was more twin to the book's nature than any ever were.
I can see a battle waged most seers even now are unaware of, lost in the chaos that occured the night the book went missing. I can see Mac's mom trying to stop the waking of the book and failing, see her dying. Maybe she did not die immediately but got her precious babes out in time.
I can also see Rowena never knowing of their existance, their mother in tune with their mega ability and hiding them from seers who's hearts were not quite pure.
I'm not quite sure which i believe more. However, what I'm stone cold certain of is the fact it was the heart of the seers that failed them and led to the book's escape. It's so KMM and falls in with the whole powers of the heart, you know?

Sky28
01-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Is Rowenas familyname mentioned in the books?
:thinking:
Is she related somehow by her own?

*Jo*
01-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Is Rowenas familyname mentioned in the books?
:thinking:
Is she related somehow by her own?

Question #1 :nah:, at least I do not think so.
Question #2 :th_dntknw:

katydid
01-27-2009, 06:44 PM
This is my thought on what went down at the abby...
Round about though the way is...
First, I think the only reason the seers kept the book safe for so long was because they were all like Mac-the book's polar opposite. As long as it was surrounded by all that goodness, with all that energy directed at simply keeping it guarded, it could do nothing. As time past it evolved but it was a secret evolution, one not fully comprehended because the circumstances of its imprisonment kept it sleeping.
Enter Rowena. Now, all orders are filled with their quota of differing sides, politics if you will. Rowena sat to one side gaining her followers, the then-current leader on hers. Rowena wanted the leader's place, coveted it like a barren woman would the pregnant woman's swollen belly. Perhaps this base desire came at just the wrong time in the book's evolution, perhaps Rowena tried to take but a peek at its pages and woke the Beast. Perhaps, even, though dissension came before, this one was more twin to the book's nature than any ever were.
I can see a battle waged most seers even now are unaware of, lost in the chaos that occured the night the book went missing. I can see Mac's mom trying to stop the waking of the book and failing, see her dying. Maybe she did not die immediately but got her precious babes out in time.
I can also see Rowena never knowing of their existance, their mother in tune with their mega ability and hiding them from seers who's hearts were not quite pure.
I'm not quite sure which i believe more. However, what I'm stone cold certain of is the fact it was the heart of the seers that failed them and led to the book's escape. It's so KMM and falls in with the whole powers of the heart, you know?

Awesome thought process! :th_Clap5:

FeverChick
01-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Nice theories ladies! My guess is we will learn more about what happened 20 years ago at the abby and my thought is it has something to do with Mac's mother.

Nutmegmom
01-27-2009, 09:51 PM

Alpha - Omega. Could the Z in the tattoo have anything to do with Mac being the last of the O'Connors? It would be interesting if Barrons had an A tattoo somewhere. I'd gladly volunteer to look!:swoon: