PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it!

Leiha
02-28-2009, 12:31 AM
My sister Kathy is going to read Darkfever. Now keep in mind I have always been a reader, Kathy, not so much. We lived together and I could never get her to read any of my books. Neither of my sisters would. When I got a job working for Karen they didn't realize the significance of it, my brother Adam was the only one who realized because he was at my place the day I received my Dark Highlander ARC and watched me jump on my bed with glee, LOL.

I had to explain the significance of that to him and for years afterwards he would ask my how was Dageus doing or mention the Dark Highlander to me to tease me. So when I started working for Karen I said, remember Dageus? I'm working for her! So he understood but my sisters, not so much.

Tonight we were at happy hour and Kathy's friend was with us and she was asking about the MacHalo and I was showing her pictures and explaining about the lights and Kathy was interested. Since she stopped smoking she needs a diversion during her breaks at work so she is going to read Darkfever. I couldn't believe it. I've tried for years. I'm so excited. :jiggy: I want her to get hooked and become a part of my world.

Karen gets so many emails from people who share her books with their moms or their sisters. Not my family but who knows, that may be changing, woo hoo!

Stellarkismet
02-28-2009, 12:33 AM
That's pretty awesome! I am sure she will get addicted to it in no time. lol

Maria
02-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah! I hope she gets addicted to the series and it would be very interesting to see her post on this board.

Leiha
02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
LOL, I'm sure she would have nothing interesting to say about little innocent me.

CelticMorwen
02-28-2009, 12:49 AM
That's great, Leiha. She'll be hooked in no time. My sister is the one who got me into Karen's books in the first place. I always loved to read but avoided "romance novels". Of course Nathan on the cover helped, too!

natsurd
02-28-2009, 02:33 AM
I hope so Leiha. She's doesn't know what she's been missing.

Morgana
02-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Leiha I know how you feel.. it took me a while to get my mom to read the Harry Potter books but once I got her reading I got her hooked.. now yesterday I have been perserting the hell out of her to read the fever series so " you can understand what I am going gaga over" I had to explain about the Machalo and about the shades last night LOL i was showing her the store but good news is.. she picked up a copy of DarkFever!!:jiggy: now i just have to get her to sit down and READ it!

FeverChick
02-28-2009, 08:14 AM
It's great news your sister is going to pick up the books. They are wonderful and I even have my dh excited and analyzing some parts of the series...lol

Vicki
02-28-2009, 08:34 AM
That's great Leiha, she'll be hooked in no time!! And once she's done the Fever series, ya know she'll have to read the Highlander's :th_nod:

Viking Princess
02-28-2009, 09:01 AM
yeah!!!! you're hookin' another one! :snick:

javafroggi
02-28-2009, 10:25 AM
:anim_devil-vi: Mwah ha ha ha ha!! Yes...YES...Another one...yes...:anim_devil-vi:

bap7249
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
congrats Leiha...i know exactly what you mean and feel about trying to talk to your family about the books and how important they are to you...gives you a real warm glow inside...bap

MelanieD
03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I hope she loves them too Leiha - it's always great to have people to share them with, isn't it? :smile: My sister read a Kinley McGregor I had with me at Christmas and loved it so I'm hopeful that the Highlanders may not be too far down the track for her either!

-^-Lin-^-
03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I got a work friend who "doesnt read fiction" to read the first BDB as she likes vampires. Not sure can get her to try fever but its a start and you never know ;)

LostFate25
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I have the same thing happening to me Leiha!

I'm currently trying to convert my friend to read Darkfever...

she's completely Anti-paranormal romance, but i explained the story to her and she thought it sounded interesting so she's giving it a whirl!

*Jo*
03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
:c7:

pepetrueno
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
That is so cool! You can share theories and thoughts!!!! and maybe she can join the forum.:v_SPIN:

analisa
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I know exactly how you feel, it's like there's this whole part of yourself that is apart of the rest of the world...so it's great when you get to share it, specially whith someone you love.

And when she gets hooked and joins the board ... mwahahaha !!! :anim_devil-vi: we will have someone to snick on the teasers for us !!!:th_nod:

(just joking ... I don't think you'll let her ...*sight*)