PDA

View Full Version : Agree to Disagree about Theories and Speculation

Pyxie
03-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Karen's stories are so well written and fun to read; it's hard to believe we still have two stories to go and so many unanswered questions. With that being said, please remember that everyone on the board is entitled to an opinion, and members are welcome to respond to that opinion. When we post theories, we cannot expect everyone to agree with us.

If there is a problem with understanding what someone has posted or you feel they are personally attacking you, PM the member directly, and resolve the issue off the board! Most members don't want to be dragged into personal disputes, it makes them uncomfortable. If necessary, you can also PM one of the moderators.

Karen's board is a place to have fun, build friendships, and speculate. We just need to remember that not everyone will have the same opinion.

Viking Princess
03-24-2009, 12:05 PM
thanks for the reminder, Pyxie

Andreea81
03-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Let's take things as we should..with calm...and realism: Books, fiction, opinions and friendly discussions:wubclub: :21:
Thank you Pyxie!:th_nod:

jayzee
03-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks Pyxie.

How about we let Karen finish the books and call it a day? NO? Didn't think so. :snick:

Viking Princess
03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks Pyxie.

How about we let Karen finish the books and call it a day? NO? Didn't think so. :snick:

LMAO!!!!! Jenn, you is on a naughty roll today!:snick::snick:

Lady K
03-24-2009, 12:21 PM
OK DID I MISS SOMETHING? SHAKES HEAD CONFUSED, OK YES MA'AM..:th_nod:

Andreea81
03-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks Pyxie.

Touché, Ms. Jenn!!!:wwink:

snowstorm
03-24-2009, 12:57 PM
What did I miss? I didn't read all the posts today. :wideeyed:

Don't we all just debate our pov? Some more than others, but thats fun too. Love a good debate and love to tease a lot too. Everythings all in fun though.:th_nod:

bap7249
03-24-2009, 01:25 PM
LOL, the only problem i have with all the different theories is they all seem really valid when i read them...and surely they can't all be true???...bap

janna7
03-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I sounds like someone got offended. I hope it wasn't something I said - if so - PLEASE PM me. This is NEVER my intention when I offer a theory!

I know I have posted some very controversial theories that is hard for some to accept - but it is ok with me if others disagree, doesn't bother me. I just want to throw my guesses out there and see where they land. I just hope my controversial theories didn't offend someone.

I still find it funny that we rack our brains offering opinions about what we think happened, happens next, etc. about a completely fantasy world and characters!!

Do we need therapy?? (ha!)

Janna

jayzee
03-24-2009, 02:15 PM
LMAO!!!!! Jenn, you is on a naughty roll today!:snick::snick:

:wlaugh: :th_nod:

Wildernessgirl
03-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks for post! It's so funny that you posted this. I dreamt last night that I received an email from moderators regarding this. I think you told me as well that I was posting too much and that I had exceeded the maximum limit :wlaugh:.

I really enjoy debating with everyone and having others disect my theories. I would have never gotten so much out of these books without the rest of you and putting our heads together.

However, at the same time I can understand being protective of ones theories and disliking when people disagree with you when you think you have figured something out. I have to remind myself from time to time to agree to disagree.

I hope I haven't offended anyone when disgreeing with their posts or defending my theories.

Sandy Jo
03-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I am glad you posted this, THANK YOU! I LOVE to talk about and hear all the theories but I can really come across the wrong way some times. If I have I AM SORRY TO YOU! I love to talk about my theories and all of yours! I like it when I am proven wrong, I just like to debate and I can seen :realmad:rude or mad:realmad: even thou I don't mean to. So if I am PLEASE just tell me I don't get offended very easy!
Talk to soon
Sandy

Brigit724
03-24-2009, 03:38 PM
I haven't seen anything offensive yet, but I am still new. LOL. I'm still figuring out how to maneuveaur the options on this site!
Think I'll try again to edit my sig. sighs... at least I have a new challenge every day.

analisa
03-24-2009, 03:49 PM
thanks for the reminder, that's the beauty of this forum ...

Viking Princess
03-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I am glad you posted this, THANK YOU! I LOVE to talk about and hear all the theories but I can really come across the wrong way some times. If I have I AM SORRY TO YOU! I love to talk about my theories and all of yours! I like it when I am proven wrong, I just like to debate and I can seen :realmad:rude or mad:realmad: even thou I don't mean to. So if I am PLEASE just tell me I don't get offended very easy!
Talk to soon
Sandy

I know what you mean. Being an English Major trained me to write aggressively so that when I am writing papers I can defend and support my thesis no matter how out there it may be; to always write as if you are 100% sure you are right. To stay away from it could, what if, etc and go for a firm it is and this is why....

So being trained to do that for 5 years makes me sound like I am being mean when that is just how I was forced to write and it has stuck, so the tone may look one way when it is really all in fun. *sigh*

Oh, well. I hope I don't terrorize everyone too much. :snick:

Nurslings
03-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm only ever joking.. If I offend I'm SO SORRY!!!!

Oh and VP you know I respect ya and love ya right? No hard feelings about V'lane.. rotf I just like to be a pot stirrer.. I like to think outside the box

Jill
03-24-2009, 06:45 PM
I know what you mean. Being an English Major trained me to write aggressively so that when I am writing papers I can defend and support my thesis no matter how out there it may be; to always write as if you are 100% sure you are right. To stay away from it could, what if, etc and go for a firm it is and this is why....

So being trained to do that for 5 years makes me sound like I am being mean when that is just how I was forced to write and it has stuck, so the tone may look one way when it is really all in fun. *sigh*

Oh, well. I hope I don't terrorize everyone too much. :snick:

What VP said goes double for me, and she's right. I am a former AP English teacher where I was a benevolent dictator in my classroom. I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings:sad3:

MaryV
03-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the reminder.:th_nod:

*Jo*
03-24-2009, 09:52 PM
I hope that I haven't offended anyone & if I have I apologize. That is never my intention. PM me asap and let me know that what I said was insensitive, ok?!
:sad1:
Quite honestly, I could care less about more than half of what I actually write here. My main intention?! To keep the board busy while we
whine, whine, whine...wait in between books.
:snick:
But between you & me?!
SSSssssshhhh. Don't tell!!!!!
Ha!

katydid
03-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the reminder Pyxie. I really enjoy reading everyones theories. It helps me to see a different perspective sometimes. It's fun do debate the pros and cons on what's happening in the books. :th_nod:

amabella
03-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Hi everyone
I donīt post here often (indeed cause I havenīt enough time and cause my written english skills arenīt as good as I wish) but I hope no committing offenses to anyone if I'll say something that can injure someone sensitivity. All my sorries!
THX PIXIE FOR REMINDING!!

KISSES TO ALL

Jill
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I hope that I haven't offended anyone & if I have I apologize. That is never my intention. PM me asap and let me know that what I said was insensitive, ok?!
:sad1:
Quite honestly, I could care less about more than half of what I actually write here. My main intention?! To keep the board busy while we
whine, whine, whine...wait in between books.
:snick:
But between you & me?!
SSSssssshhhh. Don't tell!!!!!
Ha!

:th_clapping_9553:

shay
03-25-2009, 01:39 PM
thanks for the reminder! i love readin the theories n i try not to offend any1 if i have im sorry pm me

abanafshe
03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
you guys are so funny-I just posted a theory that I thought was brilliant and it got squashed because I thought that Face Book was done by someone that has read all the books and knows the ending and they just told me it was made by fans. So I have now decided that I need to stop obsessing but I can't I think I need therapy. Maybe Karen will read this will feel sorry for me and will send me her transcripts so that I will not have to spend all this money on therapy about What the heck Jerricho is and what will happen to Mac and Jerricho. :sad1::cry::swoon:

*Jo*
03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
you guys are so funny-I just posted a theory that I thought was brilliant and it got squashed because I thought that Face Book was done by someone that has read all the books and knows the ending and they just told me it was made by fans. So I have now decided that I need to stop obsessing but I can't I think I need therapy. Maybe Karen will read this will feel sorry for me and will send me her transcripts so that I will not have to spend all this money on therapy about What the heck Jerricho is and what will happen to Mac and Jerricho. :sad1::cry::swoon:

:skeptical:
Yeah,
okay.
Nice
try.
Won't happen though.
I have tried similar before & Karen didn't even bite.
And the spoiler for this month?!
Won't come any earlier.
LOL.
How many more days til the end of this month?!
:wwink:

snowstorm
03-25-2009, 06:26 PM

Well she did notice your thread, and she responded. But I don't think you'll be getting any transcripts.

LOL we all need therapy. :wacko: You would think they would want to help the masses and publish DMF and SF now!!!!

Shewolfe
03-25-2009, 08:29 PM
LOL, the only problem i have with all the different theories is they all seem really valid when i read them...and surely they can't all be true???...bap

Here here! :happy0180:

tsukino_aiko
03-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks Pyxie.

i second that emotion, everybody take a deep breath and remember that answers are coming

no need to storm the castle kay? :wlaugh: ps anyone who gets the reference gets 12 brownie points

FeverChick
03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the reminder.

pepetrueno
03-28-2009, 12:54 PM
We need fresh theories, new leads, new clues. The wainting... is taking over our sanity:biglaugh: RELAX AND ENJOYED.

GodlyPrincess00
04-02-2009, 03:54 PM
LOL we all need therapy. :wacko: You would think they would want to help the masses and publish DMF and SF now!!!!

Lol, actually I think I'm headed to a padded cell, but as long as JZB is there with me I'll be ok, hopefully he'll loosen the straight jacket for me :snick: I'm sorry if I offended anyone. PM me if I did and I will apologize to you personally. We're all here to have fun and put our heads together. Some people catch things others might of overlooked and I'm glad/thankful we have a place to talk about it. Thank you Pyxie.

C59100
05-16-2009, 07:27 PM
I am sorry if anyone has felt ridiculed or belittled. That could not be anyone's intention. The board is a discussion of like and conflicting ideas. We all attempt to sway others to our beliefs.

The posts here are full of fluid logical thoughts and KMM's bloggers show a fantastic command of the written word. I thoroughly enjoy reading the research provided as well as the fantastic arguments each and every one has provided. I’m sure Karen does not thank you for simply buying her books, but for giving them life. These boards are as compelling as the books.

I want to stay away from the board and get my life back; I want to stop thinking about Fever, and move on; I want the summer to come so I can tan, not so it will be over and Dreamfever will arrive. But I can't because of the discussions that happen here.

I am dreading what will become of me 4 hours after I finish Dreamfever, and I will be depending on all of you to help me thru it.

So I want to thank each and every one of you who think you might be (how should I say) too boisterous.
Oh, and a special thanks to everyone who contributed to 101 ways to piss of Jericho Barrons that always makes my day, everyday.
:th_Clap5:

Yolanda24
05-19-2009, 05:29 PM
True this is the Forum, alot of talk through our problems and we mostly talk them out, here, we complain, Thank you Viking Princess, Mickey Cat, WildernessGirl, Petruono and You Go Girl, Jo and SNOWSTORM, Princess, and Worrrywort, Ireland Castillo Mr. Night and Mrs. Rainbow and everyone else really ... I love you all , I always seem to read your post first! and , for always being so bubbly/ Boombastic, even through email , I imagine you a shade to bright to color with my crayon...

And for the ( Thread)Post, 3 wishes. I recently posted something private, and it feels i let something go in to the wind ( or on to my keyboard ) which seemed to much for me to Handle that day..
We should agree to disagree and be better friends with Perfect strangers then with out physical friends, because there are no personal grudges or personal affiliations or garbage to hold us back..
ok, i'm done. Thanks again..:wwink:

analisa
07-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Just bringing up this thread ... cause it's a good one to remember every once in awhile ...

alba
07-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks Pyxie for the reminder.........

Ollie
07-17-2009, 12:04 AM
I know sometime email/ IM messages you can't hear the prerson's tone. I was one time kidding on here when I first joined and then worried to death that it sounded nothing like what I meant. If I offended as well, please let me know. I never meant it that way!

PuggyJo
09-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Can't we all just get along. :snick:

DeniseH
10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Janna,

I agree with you but, I don't know if I could live without it. I feel that I must read everything that support JZB was ok at the end. I thought it was JZB, but I am looking for someone to confinence me it wasn't him.... Keeping the faith!

aprilssix
10-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Karen's stories are so well written and fun to read; it's hard to believe we still have two stories to go and so many unanswered questions. With that being said, please remember that everyone on the board is entitled to an opinion, and members are welcome to respond to that opinion. When we post theories, we cannot expect everyone to agree with us.

If there is a problem with understanding what someone has posted or you feel they are personally attacking you, PM the member directly, and resolve the issue off the board! Most members don't want to be dragged into personal disputes, it makes them uncomfortable. If necessary, you can also PM one of the moderators.

Karen's board is a place to have fun, build friendships, and speculate. We just need to remember that not everyone will have the same opinion.

I have enjoyed going threw and reading post! :60: There are some brilliant minds at work on here. :notworthy: It is great to be able to exspress our veiw points as we see it ourselves and share with others. Thanks every one for the great works of words!!!:jiggy:

ScotIrishlass
10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
:60:Thanks Pixie, you're quite right.

I love when people disagree with my speculations or theories; they usually bring up a differenct point of view I never considered, and that is what makes the message board such fun!

ScotIrishlass in Miami

amercnwmn
07-15-2010, 10:41 PM
My first post..and I just realized I posted it in the wrong stinking forum..LOL!!

I'm going nuts. I need Shadowfever like NOW.

Anyways, I'm gonna go find my appropriate "theories" forum and post there..lol
Feel free to laugh at my opinions..I generally do. ;)

Maggie-Girl
07-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Like I said when I introduced myself in the Tea Room -- this forum is like a "water cooler" conversation. This should be a fun place, where nobody is wrong or right - just participating, using imagination and having conversations.

Lycans
07-26-2010, 01:38 PM
The truth is, we are bound to annoy, irritate and just perturbe each other sometimes with our theories or just our personalities.
Thats how life goes. Little cat fights here and there. Plus, in such an open forum, it is bound to happen, and not everyone is going to like everyone else.

I think there are many of us (I'll raise my hand) who have responded in a way that was in poor form to a post and have gotten into little :sFun_slapfight: a time or two (or 3) over the years.

But, we all get over it and like ScotIrishLass said, if ppl never disagreed with us or challenged our opinions, how would we learn anything? We would just go through life thinking we are always right and why doesnt the rest of the world realize that by now?

Im grateful to everyone on this forum-to those who agree, disagree, like me or dont like me-I learn something new from each of you.:th_nod: