PDA

View Full Version : rude neighbors

Viking Princess
04-22-2009, 12:00 AM
We all have them. Call this the official rant about your neighbors thread. grrr

There is this dude in the townhouse next to us that drives a big white pickup truck. He knocked the person in the unit connected to ours' basketball goal down with his truck IN FRONT OF THEM. He almost ran over children playing on someone ELSE's freaking parking area. And yesterday I had George on his leash and was letting him go for a walk while I was going to check the mail, since our yard isn't fenced in, he stays cooped up a lot. We have really really big front lawns here, but we don't have to maintain them. Our lawn care expense is included in the rent. George doesn't do the #2 in anyone's yard but his own, at least he hasn't with me, but he will spray little high clumps of grass and what not. Anyway, there are a bunch of bushes at the end of the yards and a sidewalk on the otherside that is right next to a fairly busy road. I walk on the the side with the yards only because he tries to drag me into the street when on the sidewalk, and there is no grass on the sidewalk side, only mud. The ONLY time George is in anyone elses yard is if he goes to the mailbox, roomie takes him for walks at the park usually.

Anyway... The dude with the truck was at the mailboxes when I was walking with George. Instead of going off the circular driveway around the mailboxes, he cut over THREE people's front yard and came STRAIGHT at me and the dog. If I didn't pick up the dog and move out of the path he would have run us over. He didn't slow down, or even yeild at all and kept going.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad! It wasn't even his yard we were in. but even if it was, and if you are going to throw a hissy over a dog in your yard that you don't even do the yard work for, running them over is not the way to solve the issue. :arghhh: He seriously tried to run us over! I only heard today that roomie had to pull this little 4 year old out of the damn way because he almost plowed over her too today! :realmad:

QueenBoadica
04-22-2009, 12:02 AM
WTH!!! Ugh, I would have had a few choice words for him, and a choice finger.

Anita
04-22-2009, 12:07 AM
I hate people like that they need to move to the boonies where they cant hit anything or anyone.

Esther Marie
04-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Be careful. Not to sound paranoid, but this might be a situation where you have to bring in the police (or at least have to make them aware). This guy is a threat to you, your neighbors, the whole neighborhood, and (really) anyone driving or out and about at the same time he is. He sounds scary and full of road/pet?/neighbor? rage!!

Viking Princess
04-22-2009, 12:16 AM
It just disturbs me. He is probably one of those people that swerve to HIT dogs and cats that get in the road. :wno:

Layla
04-22-2009, 12:17 AM
WOW, that is terrible!
But it is way beyond rude, it is psycotic!!!!
What is he had actually run you both over! Or the 4 year old kid!!! If someone here tried to run over one of my kids I would definetly call the police!!!!!! I know one has no proof, but what if one of these days he actually runs over someone!!! it is truly a sociopat!

I am sorry you have to deal with such an A** Bad neightbors are a nightmare, we had one in my mothers house and this woman even tried suing my mother because she has cats!!!!

SOme people really need to get a life!

Layla
04-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Be careful. Not to sound paranoid, but this might be a situation where you have to bring in the police (or at least have to make them aware). This guy is a threat to you, your neighbors, the whole neighborhood, and (really) anyone driving or out and about at the same time he is. He sounds scary and full of road/pet?/neighbor? rage!!

I totally agree!!! that people can turn out to be a real danger

bluedragonfly81
04-22-2009, 05:58 AM
That is absolutely ridiculous! WTH is wrong with some people?

TXIrish
04-22-2009, 07:47 AM

WOW, that is terrible!
But it is way beyond rude, it is psycotic!!!!
What is he had actually run you both over! Or the 4 year old kid!!! If someone here tried to run over one of my kids I would definetly call the police!!!!!! I know one has no proof, but what if one of these days he actually runs over someone!!! it is truly a sociopat!

I am sorry you have to deal with such an A** Bad neightbors are a nightmare, we had one in my mothers house and this woman even tried suing my mother because she has cats!!!!

SOme people really need to get a life!

Find the local non-emergency number for your police department and CALL THEM!!! This sorry-a$$ed SOB needs to be taken off the road now. C'mon, driving on the sidewalks and thru the yards - the pea-brain is using his pickup as a weapon. Oh, yes, a multi-ton vehicle is a deadly weapon and it needs to be taken away from him. He needs to spend some time in lockup. Besides, you never know, they may already have complaints on this guy and not have enough of a description to find him. A few years in the greybar hotel will do him good, and your neighborhood will be safer!

'Course if he'd had tried to run me over, he wouldn't be driving the truck right now. I'm more than a little vindictive, so I'd have been on the phone the first time he tried this cr@p, and arranged to take his big white testosterone toy away.

I have a rude neighbor, we had a run in about two weeks ago. He's on his 2nd warning, the 3rd one will put him back in jail. He's laying low right now, 'cause he knows if even 1 of the neighbors calls to complain, he's outta here!

Achaius
04-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Freaking monkey! You made a Remy siggy!

*now bothers to read thread for content*

Some people should not be allowed to drive. They just aren't meant to be put behind the wheel of something able to plow through someone.

fea highland
04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm with the other's on this I so think that you should let the cops know what is going on. That SOB does NOT need to be driving. Thankfully everyone so far has been able to get out of his way.

cymbralass
04-22-2009, 09:40 AM
next time he leaves, call the police and tell them you want to report a drunk driver and give them his liscense plate # and the direction he went. If he drives like that in a neighborhood, i'm sure they could get him on some citation on city streets :)

redheadgirl79
04-22-2009, 11:09 AM

I agree with Esther, you should get the police involved. To make more of an impact see if any of your neighbors would be willing file a complaint with you.

On the subject of rude neighbors, all of my current neighbors are pretty good. But when DH and I lived in our apartment we had neighbors that lived right above us that would lock their kids inside while they would go off and do what ever. Keep in mind the oldest child turned out to be FOUR YEARS OLD:arghhh:! Anyway one night we're sitting in our living room watching a movie and all of a sudden I hear running feet on our ceiling, it sounded like a little herd of elephants running up and down the floor above us. After about ten minutes (silly me I assumed that the parents were there and would take care of it) I went upstairs to ask the parents to please make their children stop running and stomping. I knocked on the door and a childs voice answers and I asked if their parents were home and shocker of all shockers the voice said no they were alone. Thank God they didn't open the door, I mean I'm not going to do anything but in today's day and age you just never know what crazy person is going to come knocking. I then asked them to please be quiet and I went back down stairs just fuming at the irresponsibility of the parents and I called the police on them. Whether or not the police ever showed up I don't know all I know is that DH then went upstairs and left a very angry note on their door telling them that we had called the cops on them. I didn't hear anything from them for a few months after that.

Then one day I get home from work and see this little boy who couldn't have been any older than five trying to get into the building. I asked him if he lived there and he said yes, he was very sweet and very friendly, which scared the heck out of me. I let him in and I watched to see where he went and of course he goes toward that same apartment, his mother was inside taking a nap and didn't want to be bothered so she made her young son go outside to play. The next day I see the same child with his little sister who looked to be about three outside riding their tricyles in the parking lot where people go speeding by in their cars. I went up to them and told them to ride their trikes instead on the sidewalk and then I asked where their mother was. Again she was inside taking a nap, and then the little boy said that he and his sister couldn't go back inside b/c Mommy would get very angry if she was disturbed. I marched over the management office and made a complaint. I guess the landlord spoke to them b/c I didn't see the children outside by themselves for a few weeks.

One week I had to go to Denver for training. I got home one night at around 9pm. Lo and Behold who do I see playing outside in the dark? The little boy. DH is with me and one of our other neighbors had just come outside with his dog and they both played with the little boy along with dog to keep him busy while I marched inside, called the cops and went upstairs to give the piece of $%^@ mother a piece of my mind. She of course didn't answer her door so I just shouted through the door that I had called the cops on her again. I don't think the cops did anything (Let's face it in this town half of them are crooked anyway). The next day I called child services and I was told by them that their workload was too full and they couldn't do anything unless more complaints were filed. So after work I went around to all the neighbors and told them and wouldn't you know it for the next week the cops and child services kept showing up at random times to check up on those kids. Eventually they moved out, which I was glad but I was also kind of sad since you never know if their new neighbors would have even cared.

Wow this was a little longer than I thought. Sorry about the length.

jeant
04-22-2009, 11:10 AM

I agree with her, sounds like a dangerous person who the police need to know about so they can be on the outlook for him. Can't hurt to let the police know. Be careful when you are out.

KJTVH
04-22-2009, 11:44 AM

Some people should not be allowed to drive. They just aren't meant to be put behind the wheel of something able to plow through someone.

LOL, glad to know I wasn't the only one so distracted by that siggy that I forgot what I was reading about!

KJ

Jill
04-22-2009, 01:23 PM
I can think of all sorts of ways to mess with him and only a couple of them are felonies. Jesus would probably be unhappy if I shared them with you, though. Maybe if you promise not to actually DO any of the suggestions....hmmmm.....

1. Go to the post office and fill out a change of address form for his address. Send his mail to somewhere fun like Tahiti!

2. Take out a personal ad. for a roommate wanted with his address and phone number in the ad.

3. Nominate him for your local news' "Good Neighbor" feature. You're creative! Make it happen!

4. Write an anonymous letter to the IRS whining how your neighbor has "all this cash" and brags he never pays much in taxes. Whine about how unfair it is!!!

5. Call UPS or Fedex to come for a pick up everyday for a week at at ime you know he will be home.

6. Place corn oil on his hinges late at night. See what he'll wake-up to in the morning!!!

*disclaimer*I have never done anything like this before!!! This is strictly for entertainment purposes!!!:wwink:

Viking Princess
04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I really need to sneak out and get his plate #, the problem is he is outside on his patio so much that I kinda fear for my life in the case he catches me. :wno:

LOL, glad to know I wasn't the only one so distracted by that siggy that I forgot what I was reading about!

KJ

LOL quit drooling on Remy! :snick:

Viking Princess
04-22-2009, 01:25 PM
I can think of all sorts of ways to mess with him and only a couple of them are felonies. Jesus would probably be unhappy if I shared them with you, though. Maybe if you promise not to actually DO any of the suggestions....hmmmm.....

1. Go to the post office and fill out a change of address form for his address. Send his mail to somewhere fun like Tahiti!

2. Take out a personal ad. for a roommate wanted with his address and phone number in the ad.

3. Nominate him for your local news' "Good Neighbor" feature. You're creative! Make it happen!

4. Write an anonymous letter to the IRS whining how your neighbor has "all this cash" and brags he never pays much in taxes. Whine about how unfair it is!!!

5. Call UPS or Fedex to come for a pick up everyday for a week at at ime you know he will be home.

6. Place corn oil on his hinges late at night. See what he'll wake-up to in the morning!!!

*disclaimer*I have never done anything like this before!!! This is strictly for entertainment purposes!!!:wwink:

ROTFLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anita
04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Vic, if you can take the dog for a walk around the block or better yet up and down the street, look at his plates memorize the first 3 numbers or letters take your phone with and punch them in while walking, like you are sending a text.
Then on the way back if you walk up and down get the last 3 and do them same.

Viking Princess
04-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Vic, if you can take the dog for a walk around the block or better yet up and down the street, look at his plates memorize the first 3 numbers or letters take your phone with and punch them in while walking, like you are sending a text.
Then on the way back if you walk up and down get the last 3 and do them same.

good plan. cept the parkin spaces are behind the townhouse. so i would have to be in his backyard to get them.

Esther Marie
04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm SUPER DUPER distracted by your Ragin' Cajun siggy!! I keep stalking you just so I can look at it!! :jiggy: (sorry, I know that's off-topic)

And see? Many agree that you should be ready to get the authorities involved, or at least on alert! :th_nod:

Anita
04-22-2009, 03:06 PM
good plan. cept the parkin spaces are behind the townhouse. so i would have to be in his backyard to get them.

That sucks! You could always call the fuzz and give his address....:60:

KJTVH
04-22-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm SUPER DUPER distracted by your Ragin' Cajun siggy!! I keep stalking you just so I can look at it!! :jiggy: (sorry, I know that's off-topic)

And see? Many agree that you should be ready to get the authorities involved, or at least on alert! :th_nod:

I'm stalking her for the same reason! Wow, that grin... :swoon:

Okay, add this to the 'things to do at 1 a.m. list' -- surely he'll not be hanging around outside at that time, so just go over there with a camera phone and snap a pic of his license.

KJ

Viking Princess
04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
*GASP!* stalkers! :snick:

*licks gambit so no one will want to touch him*

LOL if anyone jumps out at me at 1 am (cuz it is pitch black out there) the whoooooooole city is gonna hear me. :snick:

Jill
04-22-2009, 05:26 PM

LOL if anyone jumps out at me at 1 am (cuz it is pitch black out there) the whoooooooole city is gonna hear me. :snick:

Yep...I married me one of the Ragin' Cajuns from N'Awlins!!! Yea, he could be one of the X-men if he wanted, yea, sure he could!!! My DH has the CUTEST accent. When we first started dating we needed an interpreter!

*sigh* I highly recommend guys from N.O. because THEY ARE ALWAYS FUN ON DATES!!!!:thswoon4:

Viking Princess
04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Yep...I married me one of the Ragin' Cajuns from N'Awlins!!! Yea, he could be one of the X-men if he wanted, yea, sure he could!!! My DH has the CUTEST accent. When we first started dating we needed an interpreter!

*sigh* I highly recommend guys from N.O. because THEY ARE ALWAYS FUN ON DATES!!!!:thswoon4:

grrrr! rub it in!!!! :wlaugh:

Jill
04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Go getcha one, VP!!!:snick:

Viking Princess
04-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Go getcha one, VP!!!:snick:

I would, but it kinda cost moola to get from savannah to NOLA :sad1:

KJTVH
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM

LOL, it would take more than a lick to keep me away from HIM!
:wbiggrin:

KJ

Wildernessgirl
04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I agree with both of those who mentioned being careful around him and contacting the police and filing a complaint. I think if there are witnesses then the police might have to file and report and contact him and let him know what the consequences are. The same thing goes if numerous neighbors have had issues or close calls you could have them all file reports against him

My dad was at university where he works at and became furious when he noticed the same man parking in a handicap spot very day near administration building. There was nothing wrong with the man and he had no tags to park in handicap spot. My dad who's not the vindictive type stuck twigs in the spout that lets air in and out and when the man came back a few hours later all four tires were flat! My dad said he was stomping around yelling and cursing but never parked there again. I suppose it made my dad angry because he's knows tow people who work in that building who are friends who are handicapped. Did I mention the car was a white cadillac with gold rims :snick:?

KJTVH
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I agree with both of those who mentioned being careful around him and contacting the police and filing a complaint. I think if there are witnesses then the police might have to file and report and contact him and let him know what the consequences are. The same thing goes if numerous neighbors have had issues or close calls you could have them all file reports against him

My dad was at university where he works at and became furious when he noticed the same man parking in a handicap spot very day near administration building. There was nothing wrong with the man and he had no tags to park in handicap spot. My dad who's not the vindictive type stuck twigs in the spout that lets air in and out and when the man came back a few hours later all four tires were flat! My dad said he was stomping around yelling and cursing but never parked there again. I suppose it made my dad angry because he's knows tow people who work in that building who are friends who are handicapped. Did I mention the car was a white cadillac with gold rims :snick:?

Maybe you can talk to your neighbors and see if you can get enough willing to file complaints with you, a united front might get the police's attention and also help some of the more shy neighbors be willing to speak up.

Wildernessgirl, your story reminds of a co-worker I had when I worked at Univ. of Houston years ago. She was handicapped and drove a van that was like a tank. She got a special kick out of pulling in behind people illegally parked in handicap spaces to block them so they couldn't get out, and then she'd call campus cops and hang out until they came to give out tickets. She made sure they gave tickets, too! I always worried that someone angry would hurt her, but nothing could get to her inside her van.

Jenn
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Yikes! And I thought the neighbors at our last place were bad, shooting fireworks DOWN THE ROAD and setting our other neighbors' lawn on fire.

The first thing that came to mind when I read that was to call the cops, seriously, that is several giant leaps beyond just being rude, that's just plain psycho! Really scary!

demonlvr144
04-23-2009, 05:28 PM
I would deflat all four tires by gluing little pepples into the air caps.

redheadgirl79
04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
I just had another thought. Do you know if this guy rents his TH? If so then get a few of your neighbors together and make a formal complaint to the management company and see if they would be willing to do anything.