PDA

View Full Version : JZB "I have your back"

STORMIE
05-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have any ideas as to why Jerrico in every book tells Mac I have your back". He has done this several times . It is like he is making a point to tell her "I have your back" like he needs her to hear it. I find it weird and wonder if this is important.
Just thoughts.

Jill
05-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Great post, Stormie! IDK maybe he knows what is to come and he is trying to prepare her in some way. Perhaps he keeps telling her so that in her darkest hour she will rememebr that he will be there for her. What do you think? I do think it is important.

STORMIE
05-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Good point, maybe in her "last hours" she will remember that HE is the only one she can trust.
:th_Clap5: I would trust him, he is dark and secretive but he has ALWAYS been there when she was really in trouble. Not Vlane. Hmmmm

analisa
05-30-2009, 09:41 PM
I think he might mean all of the above, IDK, what I DO know is that line is kind of a turn on, don't you think?:wbiggrin:

oxymoron
05-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have any ideas as to why Jerrico in every book tells Mac I have your back". He has done this several times . It is like he is making a point to tell her "I have your back" like he needs her to hear it. I find it weird and wonder if this is important.
Just thoughts.

Maybe he's saying, "I have you back". (Mac hears 'your' instead)

Or "I have... You're back". (Could "I have" be responding to something she said? And "You're back" be a separate sentence?)

I think it's important to look up exactly what Mac said just before JB says this each time.

I think it's more likely it's two separate thoughts being run together, "I have." and "You're back."

Jill
05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Maybe he's saying, "I have you back". (Mac hears 'your' instead)

Or "I have... You're back". (Could "I have" be responding to something she said? And "You're back" be a separate sentence?

I think it's important to look up exactly what Mac said just before JB says this each time.

OOOOOOO!!!!! Could you look it up? I'm at the lake and I don't have access to my books. Do you think she is JZB's reincarnated "luvah" or something????? What are you getting at? I am dying to know!!!!!

oxymoron
05-30-2009, 10:04 PM
OOOOOOO!!!!! Could you look it up? I'm at the lake and I don't have access to my books. Do you think she is JZB's reincarnated "luvah" or something????? What are you getting at? I am dying to know!!!!!

Reincarnation certainly. I'm gathering info and thoughts for now, trying for cohesive idea with adequate backup.

Jill
05-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Reincarnation certainly. I'm gathering info and thoughts for now, trying for cohesive idea with adequate backup.

:notworthy:

bap7249
05-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi,
Just thoughts.

uhhhhhhhh, maybe because he's such a wonderful guy who really cares about her????...and he is always there when she needs him...anyway, i can dream that's the reason....bap

NewMacFan
05-31-2009, 09:48 PM
I've only ever took that at face value; him telling her that he will be there if things get out of hand with whatever she is doing. My friend and I have teased like that before--saying well I'll have your back if you need it LOL! That is all I thought it was.

bella.noella
05-31-2009, 09:55 PM
No, I think it's important to him that she understands that he'll be there for her. He keeps getting angry that she doubts him about it, not that she doubts him about other things, but that she doubts his ability to rescue her. I wonder if maybe someone else (IDK the missing female from his past?) doubted his ability and it ending up leading to their downfall/death/other tragic ending...

katydid
05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
No, I think it's important to him that she understands that he'll be there for her. He keeps getting angry that she doubts him about it, not that she doubts him about other things, but that she doubts his ability to rescue her. I wonder if maybe someone else (IDK the missing female from his past?) doubted his ability and it ending up leading to their downfall/death/other tragic ending...

Great point there Bella.

oxymoron
05-31-2009, 10:28 PM
I've found two uses of the phrase:

DF p.164 pb Mac is just learning how to hunt US. JB says "It's on the move. Headed for the door. Go after it. I've got your back."

BF p.193 pb In Burren after Mac eats US, JB waved his hand at cell door, "You lead, Ms. Lane. I've got your back."

Not any hidden meaning I can unearth here. I take these uses to mean that JB is telling Mac that she is the leader -- the more important one -- and his role is to get out of her way, and protect.

I didn't find the phrase in FF, but could have missed it. Drat! I was hoping to find something exciting.:nah:

The only other possibilities I can come up with are:
1. Mac is not hearing what he's really saying -- not likely.
2. The idiom translates into something more meaningful in another language -- not much more likely. I've tried French, but mine sucks so came up empty.

oxymoron
05-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Thank you!:notworthy:

But darn it!! I had my theory on this all plannes out! :embarrassed:

Tell! Tell! (please)
You could be on to something -- we just don't see it. Maybe you do.

oxymoron
05-31-2009, 10:59 PM
LOL.
This was mine:
Maybe because he loved and lost and I'm pretty sure that he loves Mac now, that he wants her to know that he will protect and keep her safe. And he want let what happened to the person he loved happen to Mac.

I know it was little, but it would have given some insight into his past. But I'm still thinking on it. it might still mean something bigger. :skeptical:
-Sighs-
My theories never work out!:arghhh::snick:
Maybe a fae was the reason Baroons loved and lost?
Maybe V'lane?

It makes perfectly good sense to me. Since JB is so guarded about letting his feelings show, he could have been talking all 'back to business, tally-ho' stuff just to guard himself -- while he's physically guarding Mac. It might still mean something more. And he could also enjoy watching her walk -- from behind.:wbiggrin:

mickeycat
05-31-2009, 11:18 PM
"I've got your back" is kind of a military phrase, isn't it? And doesn't JB also imply there is a war going on? Maybe this is just a platoon leader reassuring his "men" (ok - "wo-man") that someone has to bring up the rear and since the captain is always the last one off the ship, it stands to reason, the leader would be the last one out the door (or cave entrance or whatever the case may be).

I didn't read anything more than a military meaning into this (either time). JMO...

analisa
05-31-2009, 11:42 PM
And he could also enjoy watching her walk -- from behind.:wbiggrin:

:rofl4: I think you got it just right !!!:snick:

Jill
06-01-2009, 09:55 PM
"I've got your back" is kind of a military phrase, isn't it? And doesn't JB also imply there is a war going on? Maybe this is just a platoon leader reassuring his "men" (ok - "wo-man") that someone has to bring up the rear and since the captain is always the last one off the ship, it stands to reason, the leader would be the last one out the door (or cave entrance or whatever the case may be).

I didn't read anything more than a military meaning into this (either time). JMO...

Well, this makes sense especially if he is a mercenary. Good post, Mickey:notworthy:!

lbell
06-07-2009, 07:32 AM
I think Oxymoron is on to something and irina also. Barron's could be saying I have you back. Since many of have picked up on Barron's druid training he could definately be saying he has MAc back. Remember Barron's told Mac that he has loved and lost. Also, everytime Mac and Jericho touch there is a electrical current that goes through them both. Mac could be Jericho's mate. This could mean that the person he loved and lost was Mac and he has been waiting for her to reincarnate. If this is the case, it would explain why Mac finds herself thinking about sex with Barron's, and locks it in the box in her brain. Remember, if the couple say the druid binding vows they will love each other throughout their reincarnated lives. Jericho just probably never died (the pictures Christian MAcKelter showed Mac) but MAc did and was reincarnated. Barron's keeps making statement about her age and her catching up to him, I think he is waiting for Mac to come to the realization that he is there for her and she loves him. ALso, when Christian asked MAc in FF if she wanted to have sex with Barron's she says no and Christian states that it is a lie.
:arghhh: