PDA

View Full Version : How will DRF End?

Nurslings
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
With the upcoming release only 21 days away... I thought we could discuss how we think DRF will end. I'm talking the last page ladies.

Will Mac and Barrons work out their issues... will they walk away from each other, will Mac run away from Barrons, will she fall for another man, etc... etc... etc...

What will V'lane be doing?

What about Mac?

What about Barrons?

We can discuss the secondary characters, but those are the main ones above

RedRose
07-28-2009, 12:40 PM
1) Mac will finally reveal and face that she loves Barrons and they end up together after a lot of conflicts and arguements along with a few close-to-death experiences.
2) Dani will move in with them in BB&B (if it is still up) and they will be a family. Dani's identity and true powers will only be slightly revealed. She has left the Abbey and vows to help Mac rather than kill her since the followers of Rowena most likely want to kill Mac. Now that they realize Dani sides with Mac, Barrons, and V'lane they will try to get rid of her but the Abbey is weakened since she was one of the best fighters. [Dani still has the Sword of Light]. Maybe she will be a helper to V'lane as a favor of some kind because I have a feeling that she will do something dramatic or something that makes her bound to something or along those lines. I think Dani will also know and realize who killed her mother (if she really had one) but she will not kill them.
3) V'lane will be prompoted into a higher respected Fae and will continue to help Mac. I think something will happen to him such as positive but might keep him distracted.
4) Barrons's secrets will be revealed and he will continue to help Mac. I think he will not say his true feelings to her until Shadowfever but he will comfort her or hold hands or tender kissing (that level of a relationship in showing compassion.)
5) Mac and Alina's true identity will be revealed to Mac and will impact her future events and decisions.
6) Mac's adopted parents will be saved and is safely back home. They will not know of what Mac is but they might be introduced to Barrons [more] and Dani. I think Mac will say that she adopted Dani and that she is part of their family now.
7) The darkness and Darroc will not be fully dismiss but they will be down or rather wounded.
8) Everyone [sidhe-sheer and Fae] will be preparing for a war or something along those lines.
9) New weapons that stand against the Fae will be created.
10) Mac's dreams will change as well as her out look upon things. She will have faced different things that she never thought she would have had to face before. Mac will have different emotions and have different obligations as well as different powers that she will discover. I think she would have killed some Unseelie but not the four Unseelie princes...Well maybe one or two.
11) The human world and society is concerned as well as worried and confused because they might think that this was the end of the world since they do not know about they Fae or believe.

Oh my gosh! I am sorry! The last page! Oh my goodness! Silly me!
Well at the end page I think it will end with Mac staring out into the sunset out of BB&B. Then Barrons comes up and wrap and arm around her. And she doesn't pull away.
YAYA FOR SOMEWHAT HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry again! I thought...never mind! Me misread! :jiggy: Too excited! Too excited! :wlaugh: Too much root beer! :biglaugh:YEEEHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill
07-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the last cookie Karen gave us is how the book is going to end. I think it's the last paragraph!!! (You know...the one when Barrons so crudely asks: "Do you miss fecking me, Ms. Lane?"...or something like that.:shocked: I think Mac ran from him, and he has found her!!!! Dun, dun DUNNNNN!!!!!!

Teilzeitpsychopath
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
the first option, of course!!! always be optimistic!!! ;)

RedRose
07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the last cookie Karen gave us is how the book is going to end. I think it's the last paragraph!!! (You know...the one when Barrons so crudely asks: "Do you miss fecking me, Ms. Lane?"...or something like that.:shocked: I think Mac ran from him, and he has found her!!!! Dun, dun DUNNNNN!!!!!!

I hope not! That would be horrible torture! But that might happen; it is a good hunch but that would be cruel to not know the answer though! Will Mac finally reveal what she has felt for him in the beginning? Oh, such a tragic love relationship!
I am scared! Not another cliff hanger! :cry: No more!!!
Although I could imagine her running!!!
Hehehehehe!!!!!!
Dunn dunn dunn! I laughed so loudly when you said that....now everyone is looking at me
*sinking in chair now*

Bones
07-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I chose 'walking away from each other' because I think that's the image from the new banner that blew KMM away. And I think it's just like that. Him toward the dark and her toward the light, but looking back at him because she doesn't really want to let him go.

Will they end up on opposite sides? Maybe. Are they in accord but having to go to their battle strengths separately for the cause? Maybe. Has he convinced her he's no good and she can stand on her own two feet so leave him alone. Maybe.

Lots of possibilities for 'why', but I think that image from the banner is what we're going to read.

Butterfly
07-28-2009, 01:19 PM
I voted for the last one, but it's not really exactly what I think. I think Barrons lets her go until ShadowFever. I don't think there's another guy.

FeverChick
07-28-2009, 01:27 PM
I voted for the last one, but it's not really exactly what I think. I think Barrons lets her go until ShadowFever. I don't think there's another guy.

I agree with you. I think JZB is the guy, but I don't think everything will get work out for them until the end of the SF.

nena10
07-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Nope. I just can't do it! :nah:

To many things in the air.

Ughhhh....my nerves...!! :arghhh:

Pinkfrog
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm thinking a lot of the book will be about Mac getting herself back with the help of Barrons and Dani hopefully. I think this book will be all about what she has to do to save the world, herself and maybe just maybe find love that can help heal her soul then in SF it will about the fight to keep it all I think. we will see :wbiggrin:

Chrisdles
07-28-2009, 02:14 PM
I am not sure about Mac and where she will go but I get the feeling that Dreamfever will start to pull out the big guns and the climax of the series will begin...I hope to read more of the MacKelter family and possibly even more of the Royal Faes.

I doubt Mac and Barrons will get together in DF for more than a fling, Shadow will bring us a HAE. Will it be with them together? No idea but I look forward to the upcoming show!

Nurslings
07-28-2009, 03:09 PM
personally... I HOPE that they are united at least for the most part :th_nod:

But somewhere deep in my mind, I feel like Mac is gonna run... and some of SF will be barrons chasing after her and trying to kill the bad guys...

or trying to convince her that she should be with him...

or mayhap I am giving Barrons too much credit and he will just let her go and she will need to decide whether or not she wants him, and he will just wait for her to come to him... and if she doesn't... <Shudders>

fatima
07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
i think that there is a possibility that Barrons will sacrifice himself for Mac...im not sure by who or what..and it will be Mac's turn to go and save HIM for a change..into the shadows......hmmmm.....
anyone agree witht his possibility?

FeverChick
07-28-2009, 03:54 PM
i think that there is a possibility that Barrons will sacrifice himself for Mac...im not sure by who or what..and it will be Mac's turn to go and save HIM for a change..into the shadows......hmmmm.....

I would love for Mac to have to save JZB. I'm just thinking about what he would say when she rescues him. :biglaugh:

V'lane_Obsession
07-28-2009, 04:06 PM
I think what happens is Mac has to choose between Barrons and V'lane but this time she chooses V'lane because she finds out something horrible about him. She'll choose V'lane because he's the lesser evil. I think SF will be about Barrons trying to redeem himself in Mac's eyes.

airbear82
07-28-2009, 04:26 PM
I said the second one:

"Mac will run from Barrons. She will try to hide from everything between them."

DrF is supposed to have and even bigger cliffhanger ending then FF so that is why I chose it.

snowstorm
07-28-2009, 05:01 PM

Or close to it.:60:
That's what Karen did last time with one of her teasers.

I'd die for himWhich was both the first and the last line of FF.
because the start was a summary of the book.

Bones
07-28-2009, 05:06 PM

I think this is what could happen in Shadowfever, too. :th_nod:

Wildernessgirl
07-28-2009, 05:48 PM

I think this will happen as well. I'm not sure yet if she ran from him because she finds out what he's trying to keep from her or if she has to leave without telling him when she goes to find parents because whoever took them told her to.

Jericho does mention that she will hate him someday although we don't know if it's them speaking in that teaser. I think it's them though. I have always thought it's either that he's the UK and doesn't want her to know or that he killed Alina by mistake. Maybe both.

On the other hand considering how everyone is afraid of him I can see whoever kidnapped her family not wanting him with her and threatening her family if he comes with her. I can see her slipping away and him following her.

C59100
07-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I think the last book with be Mac and JZB getting together.

*Jo*
07-28-2009, 09:45 PM
United...

moningmaniac86
07-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I think Mac will find out who she is, and more about her birth parents. I also think we'll find out what Barrons really is. I also think they'll start to get together but won't really make it until SF. I can't remember now who said that they think the last paragraph is the last preview about her missing feking jzb but I have a feeling that is true!

I CAN"T WAIT 21 MORE DAYS! I just finished re-reading and I'm ready now! OK, I can wait I just don't want to lol!:smile:

kimab810
07-28-2009, 11:14 PM
oh my gosh! if the whole teaser with the "do you miss fecking me Ms. Lane" is at the END of the book i will DIE! i cant wait! i am lucky that i am going on vacation this week so that week will definetly go fast! aug 18 cant come fast enough!

Stapes
07-29-2009, 12:10 AM
I chose 'walking away from each other' because I think that's the image from the new banner that blew KMM away. And I think it's just like that. Him toward the dark and her toward the light, but looking back at him because she doesn't really want to let him go.

Even though I don't want that to be true, I think you may be right. And if that is how Dreamfever ends, it is going to be a hellish year (or so) waiting for Shadowfever. :cry:

Milady_Danielle
07-29-2009, 12:31 AM
I hope it's number 3, but I am probably the only fan on the face of the earth who doesn't want Mac and JZB to get together.

"Hearing" that DRF has an even bigger cliffhanger ending than FF did solidifies my resolve to not read it until SF is released next year. Of course, I'll see bits and pieces on this board, but I am careful which threads I read.

Ollie
07-29-2009, 12:41 AM
I voted together but I don't know?? I read somewhere that karen said the end of Dreamfever is even more of a cliff hanger than FF. :cry:

lilahlove
07-29-2009, 12:45 AM
I think Barrons will tell Mac some very upsetting things about himself, and that he loves her. I think Mac will freak out and that is where it will end: without us knowing whether or not she chooses to forgive him. That, in my opinion, will be the emotional cliffhanger that we are left with until ShadowFever. Furthermore, I think that will be the struggle that Mac and Barrons face in SF, which is them forgiving each other, finding love, coming together to face off with the "bad guy" of the series, and then ending up together!

C59100
07-29-2009, 08:29 AM
I voted together but I don't know?? I read somewhere that karen said the end of Dreamfever is even more of a cliff hanger than FF. :cry:

:arghhh:no :arghhh:no :arghhh:no :arghhh:please don't say that. please no, not another frekin year. :arghhh:

Ollie
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
:arghhh:no, no :arghhh:no :arghhh:please don't say that. please no, not another frekin year.

I'm starting to wonder if Karen isn't conspiring with the pharmaceutical companies for :jiggy: nerve pills. :snick:

Jessi
07-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I agree with that, I think this one will be more about Mac getting herself back together. I wonder if when we get Dani's POV if she goes and tracks down Barrons. That would be interesting. But we'll have to wait and see:notworthy:
And I wonder if anything exciting will happen with V'lane and Barrons. Or if anything happens between Barrons and Mac. I read one of the teasers, and I cant remember which one, but it hinted majorly at them doing something.

Nurslings
07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks to Karen's latest teaser.....

Dreamfever will end IMHO with Mac pressing IYD and then someone says Hello......

the end :arghhh:

lilahlove
07-29-2009, 01:13 PM

Dreamfever will end IMHO with Mac pressing IYD and then someone says Hello......

Bite your tongue! lol We're all going to be psycho by the end of the wait for ShadowFever!! :jiggy:

greeneyz
07-29-2009, 03:56 PM
I said the second one:

"Mac will run from Barrons. She will try to hide from everything between them."

DrF is supposed to have and even bigger cliffhanger ending then FF so that is why I chose it.

I kind of agree with you on that. But I really do not want that to happen so voted for first one optimistically. However, I have a feeling that it will be another cliffhanger, which makes more sense for the second one:cry:

amabella
07-30-2009, 09:31 AM

Do you really realize that Mac calling IYD can be her second longest night, maybe cause she´s in danger or dying??
Of course, It would be the last statement of DRF, with such a cliffhanger that would derive us incredibly insane!!!!!

OMG!:arghhh:

V'lane_Obsession
07-30-2009, 01:43 PM

Don't jinx us! :realmad:

She can't do this to us! :arghhh:

Karen please don't cause half of us to end up in a crazy house!

Silverfawn
07-30-2009, 04:12 PM
The final chapter in the book will be a cliffhanger, of course. Mac will have run from her feelings for Barrons (They will get together again in last book.)
The final scene will be for, whatever reason, Mac dying alone in some godforsaken spot. She will hold out phone with weakening hands and dial the infamous "If You're Dying" feature. (This is the last chance for it, after all.)
A voice will intone "Hello.." and that will be it until the next book.:wlaugh:

FeverLover6
07-30-2009, 10:29 PM

actually and thank god for this, but when you go back to the teaser, at the top it says it is from pg 13!! :snick:

Jill
07-30-2009, 10:35 PM
actually and thank god for this, but when you go back to the teaser, at the top it says it is from pg 13!! :snick:

Really? Well, DANG!!! They most have been VERRA, VERRA busy the first dozen pages of the book!!!! Thanks, I did not catch that! LMAO!!!!

kittjen
07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Wasn't that PG-13? Or did I read it wrong???

Bones
07-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Really? Well, DANG!!! They most have been VERRA, VERRA busy the first dozen pages of the book!!!! Thanks, I did not catch that! LMAO!!!!

It's not, babe. Sorry. She said it was PG 13. Not pg 13. Meaning Parental Guidance 13 (due to the f-bomb, of course).

You could still be right about the horror of that line being the ending. :cry:

Wasn't that PG-13? Or did I read it wrong???

You read it right.

Roxy
07-30-2009, 11:19 PM

OH NOOOO i dont want to read that I donna like cliff hangers :swoon:

Southern Faerie
07-31-2009, 12:55 AM

Oh no, please don't say it's so. Not sure I could take that. BUT, you could possibly be right. That would be a very huge cliffhanger, wouldn't it?

Maybe, it's a combination of what we all are guessing. Mac runs off, JB follows to "protect" her, something happens and JB sacrifices himself for her and then she calls the infamous IYD because she thinks JB is. And, oh bother, I am really no good at guessing games.

Come on August 18th!!!

black_locket21
07-31-2009, 03:26 AM
I honestly have no idea what could happen but voted for the first one because it seemed the most probable.

I haven't caught up on all the teasers, but agree with some of the theories from other posts regarding Mac and Barron having sex now that she's priya. She might even have sex with V’lane. I'm also wondering if V‘lane is susceptible to falling in love with her. That one could be way off though.

Out of curiosity, this was probably thought up before, but does anyone think that since Barron's usually seems to know what's going on beforehand, he knew the rape would happen and refrained from stepping in and helping her out because ultimately the thought of having personal-sex-slave Mac was just to appealing for him to pass up? :skeptical:
I know it's a horrible thought but he does seem like the sadistic type....

I hope Mac continues to defy and exasperate Barron's much much more in the next installment. It is very amusing.

And I wonder if we get to see what QA has been up to.

Jill
07-31-2009, 07:35 AM
I honestly have no idea what could happen but voted for the first one because it seemed the most probable.

I haven't caught up on all the teasers, but agree with some of the theories from other posts regarding Mac and Barron having sex now that she's priya. She might even have sex with V’lane. I'm also wondering if V‘lane is susceptible to falling in love with her. That one could be way off though.

Out of curiosity, this was probably thought up before, but does anyone think that since Barron's usually seems to know what's going on beforehand, he knew the rape would happen and refrained from stepping in and helping her out because ultimately the thought of having personal-sex-slave Mac was just to appealing for him to pass up? :skeptical:
I know it's a horrible thought but he does seem like the sadistic type....

I hope Mac continues to defy and exasperate Barron's much much more in the next installment. It is very amusing.

And I wonder if we get to see what QA has been up to.

Welcome to the forum, Black Locket! Excellent post. I so love it! You may be right, because my friend, *Jo* thinks Barrons is a dog from hell (she did not really say it in those exact words). And please, Barrons fans who drank the Kool-Aid, I am just teasing and please be kind to our most excellent and intelligent newbie here, black_locket21!:th_welcome-12::sSig_hi:

Nurslings
07-31-2009, 08:24 AM
I should have made an option for none of the above :arghhh: I wasn't thinking :wlaugh:

or one that involved V'lane so VP wouldn't think I'm V'lane Hatin' :jiggy:

Bones
07-31-2009, 01:52 PM
I had a addition to my thought that they will part at the end of DrF (I think it's an unwilling, but necessary parting -- either Mac or JZB can't accept the whole thing, or they have to go to their strengths to fight the war). Several of us have been thinking and wanting for Mac to rescue JZB, in the good ol' Amazon butt-kicker sense.

So, I think the end of DrF will show them parting, but possibly show Mac that JZB isn't just going away, he's going to sacrifice himself, but not to death. And this is when this line from the May teaser comes in: "If my beast thinks to leave me I will track him."

And that tracking/rescuing will happen in Shadowfever. :th_nod:

As far as the kool-aid goes, I'm intrigued by Ryodan's instant defense of JZB. He wasn't just defending him, either, he was angry on his behalf. Villains don't really react that way over each other. They say "yeah, so?" Ryodan's my tasty kool-aid that allows me to see the promise of JZB. :wwink:

Nurslings
08-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I think we are going to find out what barrons is for sure in DRF.

I mean we sort of have to... right? :th_nod:

mmm.. should I make a new post/poll about this one?