PDA

View Full Version : dentist today

christa3
08-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm having an anxiety attack. I have to go to the dentist today :cry:. I would rather go through unmedicated childbirth (and I have) than go to the dentist. I wish you had the option for them to just completely knock you out the moment you enter the waiting room until they slide you into your car :sad1:.

Dageus'Lass
08-14-2009, 11:18 AM
aww hun I know the feeling I HATE HATE HATE going to the dentist, but everything will be ok think happy thoughts *hugs*

Butterfly
08-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry. {{{{hugs}}}}

I think there is a dentist in the Raleigh area that will knock you out while you're in the chair. I don't think they can do it while you're in the waiting room, though.

christa3
08-14-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry. {{{{hugs}}}}

I think there is a dentist in the Raleigh area that will knock you out while you're in the chair. I don't think they can do it while you're in the waiting room, though.

LMAO! I may call you for that number!

Butterfly
08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
LMAO! I may call you for that number!
I'll see if I can find it. lol

Conoga
08-14-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah well i am such a chicken butt i havent even made the appointment yet! and i KNOW i need to go. its been a while since the last visit and lemme tell ya... it was JUST a cleaning but i'm lucky i still have my jaw attached. that ham fisted idiot tried his level best shove his entire hand, cleaning tools, wrist and all into my mouth!

i told my husband i wanted to be knocked out completely and he said no. i needed to suck it up and just deal with it. well i dont wanna cause i know its gonna hurt because i have a small mouth and i havent had a cleaning in a while(other than brushing and flossing every morning and night) ....and.... *whimpers* i have a cavity in a molar that i had filled when i was third grade.... :( so its only gonna get worse if i dont do something now.

yeah i want to be completely unconscious during the whole ordeal and for the next couple of days after!!!

angboys3
08-14-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm having an anxiety attack. I have to go to the dentist today :cry:. I would rather go through unmedicated childbirth (and I have) than go to the dentist. I wish you had the option for them to just completely knock you out the moment you enter the waiting room until they slide you into your car :sad1:.

Sounds just like me! I had a filling and crown done, and I was a mess. I have another tooth that my son accidently cracked and I am really putting it off. I will need that whole tooth taken out as it can't be saved and an implant put in. Nooooo! I hate, hate the dentist.

Jenn
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Aw, I feel for ya, girl! I find it's not the actual procedure that frightens me so much as the cost, LOL. I recently had a root planing/scaling done (thank goodness that's over). She used a temporary ambesol type thing to 'take the edge off' and I was ok with that.

Then a few weeks ago I went in for a few fillings and was really really tense and nervous. I didn't know why at first, but after he got the novocain part over with, I was fine. He even noticed my nervousness, and said, "Why are you so tense? It'll be ok! You're going to make me nervous if you don't knock it off!"

Of course then I had to go back three times that same day because of rough edges or whatever (I ranted about that here, I was so frustrated, LOL).

Anyway, the dentist is never fun, but you'll pull through! :wwink: We're all pullin' for ya!

Conoga
08-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Anyway, the dentist is never fun, but you'll pull through! :wwink: We're all pullin' for ya!

might not be a good idea to mention pulling to someone who is on their way to the dentist! :wlaugh:

christa3
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
might not be a good idea to mention pulling to someone who is on their way to the dentist! :wlaugh:

LMAO! Yeah Jenn, you jinxed me :biglaugh:! I just got back, and aside from the migraine I gave myself, it wasn't so bad! Just a few small cavities and a suggestion to pull 2 of my wisdom teeth (again, thanks Jenn :snick:). I did think I was going to pass out on my way to the exam room. The dental hygienest was a doll, I think I'm going to send her a thank you, she really did a great job of making me feel better. I don't even think it's the pain, I think I just get embarrassed if there's something to fix, like I'm not clean enough. Anywho, it's all over until next week for fillings. Thank you ladies for the laughter and moral support!!!!!! :notworthy:

Jenn
08-14-2009, 07:08 PM
How did I not notice that when I was typing it??? LOL! Sorry for the jinx, my dear, but I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you feared!

christa3
08-14-2009, 07:45 PM
How did I not notice that when I was typing it??? LOL! Sorry for the jinx, my dear, but I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you feared!

:jiggy: Funny thing is, I didn't either until Blue pointed it out, and then I thought to myself, hey wait a minute, he did say pull teeth, LOL. Can you mistakenly write something about winning a few million??

Jenn
08-14-2009, 08:05 PM
:jiggy: Funny thing is, I didn't either until Blue pointed it out, and then I thought to myself, hey wait a minute, he did say pull teeth, LOL. Can you mistakenly write something about winning a few million??

Yesh, I can... but I'm not gonna miss out on this one...

...ahem... 'I'm feelin' rich today, how 'bout you?'

yeah, that's all I got, LOL

christa3
08-14-2009, 08:08 PM
It could have been worse, you could have wrote 'don't worry, you'll have money coming out of your a**', then it would be totally useless ROFLMAO!

Jenn
08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
It could have been worse, you could have wrote 'don't worry, you'll have money coming out of your a**', then it would be totally useless ROFLMAO!

LOL! You're right, I could have done worse!:wlaugh: