PDA

View Full Version : Phil Gigante Chat (changed time)

Leiha
09-22-2009, 02:15 PM
We will be having a chat with the wonderful Phil Gigante and Natalie Ross this Thursday Sept 24th at 6:30pm pacific time. I know this time doesn't work with everyone but I try and pick a time that works with most of the time zones (at least in the states).

I'm sorry for the short notice but Phil and Natalie's schedules are crazy and we had to make sure they could both make the chat.

Keep in mind the chat will be moderated so there will be a delay in post time. Do not be upset if your comment is not approved. If there are 20 people saying the same thing, I'm only going to approve one or two. This is common with LOL's or hellos. I try to change up who's LOLs are approved but with as fast as it moves some people might show up more then others. Keep in mind, I am not showing favoritism, I'm just trying to keep things moving.

Speaking of which, I won't be approving hellos to people who join the chat once it begins, it would make things easier if you don't say hellos (except to Phil and Natalie when they come in), it clogs up the moderation log. So don't think people are ignoring you if you don't get a greeting when you come in. We just want to keep the chat as on track as possible. There could easily be a hundred people in this chat.

If your question is not approved, don't keep asking it. That will just slow down the approval process. I will approve comments as I see fit.

Everyone needs to make sure that their font is in black. Phil, Natalie and I will be the only ones in color. This makes it easier to follow along.

I will be posting the transcript from the chat within a couple of days of the chat. So don't worry if you can't make the chat.

If you are new to chat Lin did a great users guide here:
http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11046

The chat room is always open so feel free to wander in and get more comfortable, plus you never know who you will meet in there.

Sorry I did the time conversion wrong. It's 6:30pm pacific.

Scottish Heart
09-22-2009, 02:17 PM
YESSSSSSSS! Thanks for this Leiha!! so can't wait - it's gonna be awesome. I had such fun with the test chat and meeting everyone there.

DoberDawn
09-22-2009, 03:16 PM
YESSSSSSSS! Thanks for this Leiha!! so can't wait - it's gonna be awesome. I had such fun with the test chat and meeting everyone there.

ME TOO

bluedragonfly81
09-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Woooooooot :60: Phil was teasing me about the podcast during the test chat, LOL, can't wait to see what he has to say!!!

hunnybee
09-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up Leiha, Phil's always fun to chat with, can't wait to say howdy to Natalie!:notworthy: p.s. Howdy there Blue!:wwink:

analisa
09-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll be there, trying to keep up, lol.

thanks !!!

FaeKissed
09-22-2009, 04:12 PM
I'll be there!!!! :60:

Wait - when do I LEAVE the chat room? :biglaugh:

FeverChick
09-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks! I won't be able to be there because I have class, but I think it is a wonderful opportunity for everyone.

*Jo*
09-23-2009, 06:36 AM
9:30 p.m. EST.
Got it.
(Thanks Leiha & Dawn)
:wwink:

Mackalena
09-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks Leiha!

I'll be at the ice skating rink watching my kids lessons. DH will set me up with a laptop so I can at least catch a little bit!! Typing will be interesting with frozen fingers (its so cold in that ice rink!) but I REFUSE to miss it!!!

Awesome! Can't wait!!!

DoberDawn
09-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks Leiha!

I'll be at the ice skating rink watching my kids lessons. DH will set me up with a laptop so I can at least catch a little bit!! Typing will be interesting with frozen fingers (its so cold in that ice rink!) but I REFUSE to miss it!!!

Awesome! Can't wait!!!

Do what my addicted hacker sister does.... get some gloves and cut the tips of the fingers off.... works like a charm... you can type and keep da fingies warm!!!

Jewelstir
09-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks for organizing this! Can't wait to meet Natalie!!

Mackalena
09-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Do what my addicted hacker sister does.... get some gloves and cut the tips of the fingers off.... works like a charm... you can type and keep da fingies warm!!!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! *runs to get scissors*

KJTVH
09-23-2009, 09:08 PM

I actually bought climbing gloves -- they only cover the fingers halfway -- and used to use those frequently at my last job because they kept our office freezing half the time. Still keep them in my backpack!

SummerRses
09-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks. Leiha, for the reminders about this type of chat and for the update on the time! :th_nod: