PDA

View Full Version : Question about Adam, please help!

oldnellie
11-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey guys, I just finished The Highlander's Touch and loved it! I just had one question - what other books does Adam play a major role in, like he did in this one? I know he has his own book (The Immortal Highlander) and I actually wanted to skip forward to it, but then I was worried I might miss something good in between, lol. I've read the first three books, btw.

Also, I just wanted to praise the Highlander series. It's a lot of fun. I'd been getting burned out on straight romance until I discovered Karen's books. (I started with the Fever series) I've read many of the other big paranormal series - Kenyon, Ward, Feehan, and so on, but one thing I noticed as I read through those series was that I didn't enjoy much of the writing and would end up skimming. Not with Karen, she's so awesome. Have to thank her for helping me fall back in love with straight romance and the Fever books are great. Highlander's Touch, Circenn, woot!!

Purplegardenias
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Let's see well are you reading them in order? Adam is in Beyond the highland mist, The Highlanders Touch,
I have never read romance before Karen's books I have read and love all of hers though. I am going to check out some of the other authors soon

LisK
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the board - all of us love Karen's books, so you're in a good place.
Adam plays a major role in Beyond the Highland Mist, and makes appearances in other Highlander books too. You've got to read them before you read his book, to get to "know" him better - he's got many sides to his personality, and being fae, he shows them in different ways! Enjoy!

oldnellie
11-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Let's see well are you reading them in order? Adam is in Beyond the highland mist, The Highlanders Touch,
I have never read romance before Karen's books I have read and love all of hers though. I am going to check out some of the other authors soon

I've read them in order so far, but I can't decide if I'm more interested in reading about the McKelter's or in Adam. :) I may skip forward to Dark Highlander and Immortal and then back to Kiss of the Highlander. God luck reading other romance authors! I really like Marjorie Liu too, she tells a fine story.

oldnellie
11-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the board - all of us love Karen's books, so you're in a good place.
Adam plays a major role in Beyond the Highland Mist, and makes appearances in other Highlander books too. You've got to read them before you read his book, to get to "know" him better - he's got many sides to his personality, and being fae, he shows them in different ways! Enjoy!

Thank you! Very glad to have stumbled in here. :)

I can't wait to read about the McKelters too.

LisK
11-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh, you have so much to look forward to............:th_nod:

*Fae*Baby*
11-12-2009, 04:34 AM
I wouldnt read Kiss of the Highlander after Dark and Immortal Highlander.
Events in Kiss are kinda important that build up to the latter books.
Kiss of the Highlander starts off where reading the rest of the books in order has the best outcome since the story kinda travels through them. I think you might get confused with reading Dark first and then disapointed reading Kiss last since you will pretty much know everything that has happened.
There is a build up point in Kiss .
Was one of my favorite of the Highlanders!!! Adam Blacks story though is my FAV!
Hope I was able to help! :smile:

HAPPY READING! :60: