PDA

View Full Version : Druid Binding Vow

chailin_alainn79
11-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I've read the Highlander books and I thought that KMM had put the Druid Binding vow in one of the books in Gaelic.
If so, does anyone know which book?
If not, does anyone have the translation into Gaelic?

Dana
11-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Memory may be fogged over with turkey but try Dark Highlander when Daegus and Chloe go to the village back in time. during a love scene, i believe.
Dana

dljodin
06-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I think there is a web site that you can use to tranlate english into almost any lanquage. You have peaked my interest though, so I think I may try

greeneyeswe3tie
06-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I love the binding vow. It's so beautiful! Anyone think if I used it in my (hopefully one day future) wedding vows it would be violating KMM's copyright?

Also did KMM make up the last name Keltar?

Iamgiven2
02-07-2011, 03:11 AM
i've been curios abou the binding vows. Are they from or adaoted form some legend or did Karen come up with them. They are so beautifil

AmyPisces
02-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I remember reading somewhere, probably on the website, that she made them up.

Iamgiven2
02-13-2011, 02:13 PM
thanks, i'll go with that. I had searched the internets and come up with naught, but you girlies are generally better than I. Kudos to Karen, they are just sooo perfect

Fae Fan
02-13-2011, 02:20 PM
I think I recall she said she made them up as well. They are beautiful...itsn't KMM the best? :)

Yolanda24
06-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm trying to find the vow but i can't seem to locate it, ive read ( scanned the book) twice over..
I'm looking for the vow....

Please.. In gaelic or english how ever.. I'm tryingto show someone how good her books are and i was trying to recite it and guess what now, i look like an ass cause i can't find it.. Lmao.

-^-Lin-^-
06-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm trying to find the vow but i can't seem to locate it, ive read ( scanned the book) twice over..

Please.. In gaelic or english how ever.. I'm tryingto show someone how good her books are and i was trying to recite it and guess what now, i look like an ass cause i can't find it.. Lmao.
Dark Highlander PB pg 261

ChristiansConcubine
06-20-2011, 02:48 PM

From Kiss of the Highlander, Drustan:

"If aught must be lost, 'twill be my honor for yours.
If one must be forsaken, 'twill be my soul for yours.
Should death come anon, 'twill be my life for yours.
I am Given."

Justary
07-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Get me every time.....
ahhhh....:thswoon4:

Roxy
08-04-2011, 07:35 PM
WOW i loved this book. I miss Drustan.

KerrysGirlCrystalynn
12-13-2012, 09:02 PM
The vows would be in almost all of the highlander books. "If aught must be lost, it will be my honor for yours. If one must be forsaken, it will be my soul for yours. Should death come anon, it will be my life for yours. I am given." Karen Marie Moning, The Immortal Highlander, pg 347.

ldystrnge
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
I've read the Highlander books and I thought that KMM had put the Druid Binding vow in one of the books in Gaelic.
If so, does anyone know which book?
If not, does anyone have the translation into Gaelic?

Hi!
I'm actually looking for the same thing!! I wanted to get it tattood on my back and the websites that I have researched either want you to pay to use their site, download a program on to your computer (without knowing if it's a real program or not) or doesn't have Irish, Scottish or Gaelic as a choice for translation! I'm just not having any luck...

Can anyone out there translate the vows to Gaelic??
:)