PDA

View Full Version : I got the classes I wanted!

Viking Princess
11-07-2007, 12:35 PM
well some of them I don't really "want" more than I "Have" to have them but still.

I get to take Advanced Creative Writing-fiction, Contemporary lit, German 4 (eew) and the Senior Capstone (eeeeeeew. Basically a super long research paper with an oral presentation that is required to graduate. kill me)

BUT. All I have left after the spring is one historical period lit class, a survey of American lit, and an elective! I should be out by next Christmas :anim_headbang-vi:

LisK
11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Congratulations on getting your classes! Sounds like an English major to me (I was one too, a long time ago).
Are you going to write? teach? go on to something else entirely, like most English majors?

Good luck with your studies!

maryjane
Well good for you! Congrats!!!

amberplumeria
Me too!! But I still have another year and a half to graduate college....:crying-vi:

Viking Princess
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah I'm an English major :D I do want to write but I don't know. I prefer reading stories than wracking my own brain for ideas. In the regualr creative writing class I took last year one of the stories I wrote got published in the school literay journal thing that gets published once a year so that was really cool. Exept I can proofread everyone's work but my own and they didn't catch some of my typos so I was like OMG it says freight instead of fright my dad is gonna make fun of me when he gets his copy (he did. alot)

I kinda want to be a book editor. You wouldn't tell by my own typing, but I can proofread the heck out of anything that i didn't write myself. I guess my mind sees what i know it was supposed to say or something. I dunno.

I couldn't do teaching. I have slight social anxiety and public speaking makes me shake really bad.

Silver
11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Your soo lucky!!!!

I have a long ways to go befor grad or for that matter what classes that I want....

I envy you so badly right now:happy0158:

Congrats!!!:2v-vi:

LisK
11-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah I'm an English major :D I do want to write but I don't know. I prefer reading stories than wracking my own brain for ideas. In the regualr creative writing class I took last year one of the stories I wrote got published in the school literay journal thing that gets published once a year so that was really cool. Exept I can proofread everyone's work but my own and they didn't catch some of my typos so I was like OMG it says freight instead of fright my dad is gonna make fun of me when he gets his copy (he did. alot)

I kinda want to be a book editor. You wouldn't tell by my own typing, but I can proofread the heck out of anything that i didn't write myself. I guess my mind sees what i know it wa supposed to say or something. I dunno.

I couldn't do teaching. I have slight social anxiety and public speaking makes me shake really bad.

I would say your options in the book publishing world are pretty limitless. That sounds like a really exciting career (imagine "discovering" an author like Karen Marie!!!). Don't know why I never thought of that career track! Or you could end up like Leiha, working for an author - how cool would that be????

And as far as I'm concerned, the publishing world (be it newspapers, books, or the Web) could definitely use a few more GOOD proofreaders!

Good luck!

Maria
11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
:2v-vi: That's great news!

Desire
11-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Congrats - :happy0158:

I know what you mean about the Senior Capstone paper. I have my Capstone class coming up Spring 2008, so I do understand how you're feelling.

Enjoy your classes.

Amie
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
That sounds great-- good for you!

highlanderlas
11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
That is wonderful news! Congratulations!:2v-vi:

cedemaree
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
:happy0158:Congrats

Cheryle
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Way to go Congratulations!

Liberty
11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Awesome! Good for you. :happy0158:
Sounds like you're in for a lot of reading and writing.

krstis
11-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Good for you!