PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Mad Gab Equivalent Puzzle

DoberDawn
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Ever played the game Mad Gab. There's a series of words written on a card. You say them out loud and they're supposed to end up sounding like something else. Your team has to guess the intended phrase.

Not a very good one IMHO, but the only one I have handy:

For example, the card says: Where Tally Hank Of Hick
The answer is: Weird Al Yankovic

How lame is it that I actually got that one right?

It is actually a fun game, but that is not the point of this post...

My bird has a new toy. Depending on the button he pushes, it says a phrase or lights up or both. I understand most of it. I love you. Hello. Laughter. But one button is a mystery to me.... I would swear it is saying...

and maybe this is my fever and having to take tylenol every 4 hours that is coloring my judgment....

"Tylenol Bird"

Okay... really can't imagine that's it. So, I'm playing my own home version of "mad gab" but with no answer card that I can turn over...

What logical bird related phrases or things people would think of commonly to say to a bird or want a bird to say... might sound like "Tylenol Bird" in a weird tinny mechanical toy voice???

Anybody? Brainstorming here? No answer is too stupid... c'mon... I'm posting Tylenol bird.... you can't be sillier than that... so chime in... let's try to figure out what it could be... any guess you might have might trigger someone else to think of what it could be.

It kinda goes down an octave on the "nol" and back up on "bird". Starts high on "Ty" drops a little on "le" even lower on "nol" back up high on "bird"

Butterfly
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I haven't a clue, but I'll think about it some more. That's weird.

Guess #1 - Tired old bird?

irelandcastillo
01-08-2010, 01:06 PM
any way to record it to make us able to hear it? lol, it is hard to guess something without hearing it to see if it sounds like what you are hearing.

Stapes
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Well, maybe once Tiki learns how to say it, you'll be able to understand it! Maybe that middle syllable of Tylenol is "and"? Do you feel confident that the first word does begin with a T?

Crazy_Girl
01-08-2010, 01:59 PM
My guess..
Tell it all, Bird

DoberDawn
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
any way to record it to make us able to hear it? lol, it is hard to guess something without hearing it to see if it sounds like what you are hearing.

I can only record and email... I don't know how to post online. When I've tried before it has not worked. Unless Jordy wants to do it. I can Skype and play it for you on the puter phone. Hee Hee

Well, maybe once Tiki learns how to say it, you'll be able to understand it! Maybe that middle syllable of Tylenol is "and"? Do you feel confident that the first word does begin with a T?

I'm not confident of anything. I'm feverish and under the influence of nice sleepy meds. <vbg> What do you expect from someone who heard Tylenol Bird???? :wlaugh:

irelandcastillo
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
My guess..
Tell it all, Bird

:60:this sounds like it might be right!

Crazy_Girl
01-08-2010, 03:35 PM
:60:this sounds like it might be right!

Maybe,but what does it mean.LOL
Is it supposed to teach Tiki how to tell Dawn something????
*Amazon is amazing*:wwink:

*Fae*Baby*
01-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Im sorry to laugh at your demise but this post made me smile :D

The only thing I could think it would be saying is "tell an old bird"

but then again who knows!!!

But good Luck on figuring it out!! MAYBEEEEEEEEEE you could go on website of the company that made the toy and it might give an example of all the sayings :D :D :D

And if you figure it out please tell us what its really saying!!

Cause i swear its going to be on my mind to figure it out all day LOL !!!

Crazy_Girl
01-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Im sorry to laugh at your demise but this post made me smile :D

The only thing I could think it would be saying is "tell an old bird"

but then again who knows!!!

But good Luck on figuring it out!! MAYBEEEEEEEEEE you could go on website of the company that made the toy and it might give an example of all the sayings :D :D :D

And if you figure it out please tell us what its really saying!!

Cause i swear its going to be on my mind to figure it out all day LOL !!!
I tried googling it!LOL

Stapes
01-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I tried googling it!LOL

Me too! What did you try? I tried bird phrases. And then parrot phrases.

Crazy_Girl
01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Me too! What did you try? I tried bird phrases. And then parrot phrases.

LOL,puzzles just drive me batty!
I tried Tylenol bird, That didn't work!:biglaugh:
Mad gab phrases,parrot and bird phrases!
Then I went to Amazon and looked up electronic parrot toys!
I guess that is cheating,but I don't know what brand or type Dawn has!
Like I said,puzzles just drive me absolutely crazy.

*Fae*Baby*
01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
It kinda goes down an octave on the "nol" and back up on "bird". Starts high on "Ty" drops a little on "le" even lower on "nol" back up high on "bird"

How many of you are saying this out loud over and over ... then pause and think if anyone could hear you they would think ya lost your marbles??
HAHAHA

..... thats what i was doing :jiggy:

jeskrt
01-08-2010, 06:03 PM
:snick: this makes me smile. I keep thinking "polly want a cracker, but obviously that is not it.

irelandcastillo
01-08-2010, 06:06 PM
How many of you are saying this out loud over and over ... then pause and think if anyone could hear you they would think ya lost your marbles??
HAHAHA

..... thats what i was doing :jiggy:

:th_nod:you could have been sitting next to me talking about what i was doing. lol, sitting in fron of a computer trying to sound out tylenol bird with the correct pitches

DoberDawn
01-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Okay... fever down a wee bit...

I didn't think to google... show how fever-addled I've been... the gift rec'd is a Jungle Talk brand game.... Hmmmm... maybe if feel more up to it will try to google. But, I used my 10 minutes of energy for this next addition...

Oh and what you're all doing... same as me... hee hee... only, at least I can claim fever... hee hee and drugs if I get caught. :snick:

I suddenly remembered my phone records video that is youtube ready. So, I video'd the toy. The audio is poor (course it wasn't clear to begin with... that being my problem LOL). But, I did a quick clip of it... and loaded it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGNqIcMkmIU

So, now that you can see and hear my Tylenol Bird... what the heck *is* it saying to you????

Crazy_Girl
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Hmm,now it sounds like "have good day" to me:snick:
Did I tell ya puzzles drive me crazy:arghhh:

DoberDawn
01-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Hmm,now it sounds like "have good day" to me:snick:
Did I tell ya puzzles drive me crazy:arghhh:

:shocked: I soooo do NOT hear that at all!!! You're just saying that to make me go back to bed miserable. :cry:

Crazy_Girl
01-08-2010, 07:04 PM
:shocked: I soooo do NOT hear that at all!!! You're just saying that to make me go back to bed miserable. :cry:

:rofl4:Really,that what it sounds like!
I think YOU just posted this to drive me crazy!

Stapes
01-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Ok, I thought it said Hel-lo Dawn!

Stapes
01-08-2010, 07:07 PM
It definitely doesn't sound like Tylenol Bird. :skeptical:

Crazy_Girl
01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
It definitely doesn't sound like Tylenol Bird. :skeptical:

:snick:

Stapes
01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Amazon shows "calling all birds". Could that be it?

http://www.amazon.com/Jungle-Talk-Medium-Assorted-Colors/dp/B000UJR1QC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1262995730&sr=8-1

One of the reviews says there is one phrase she doesn't understand and she doesn't press it because she doesn't want her bird to learn it!

DoberDawn
01-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Ok, I thought it said Hel-lo Dawn!

I've heard the button that says Hello... it's very clear. Sooo not it.

Amazon shows "calling all birds". Could that be it?

http://www.amazon.com/Jungle-Talk-Medium-Assorted-Colors/dp/B000UJR1QC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1262995730&sr=8-1

One of the reviews says there is one phrase she doesn't understand and she doesn't press it because she doesn't want her bird to learn it!

Will go check out the link... but I'll bet that's it if it's supposed to have a button that says that!!! That reviewer presses the buttons for her bird? Ahem... she didn't read the instructions... you are supposed to put it in the cage for the BIRD to play with... Duh! The bird pushes da buttons.... Tiki does... annoyingly so when you're sick and need sleep. Grrrrrrr.

*Fae*Baby*
01-09-2010, 03:54 AM
Well I am not to sure but i am thinking that its saying "Hey Baby!"

thats all i could get from it LOL

Im going to go back and replay it 20 more times :D

*Fae*Baby*
01-09-2010, 03:56 AM
LOL @ doberdawn you must be super sick hun cause I couldnt hear any note of the word Tylenol LOL

Feel Better Fast!!!

DoberDawn
01-09-2010, 07:52 AM
LOL @ doberdawn you must be super sick hun cause I couldnt hear any note of the word Tylenol LOL

Feel Better Fast!!!

You hear what you're conditioned to hear and what you have on your mind. LOL :snick: I think that phrases that Stapes found are right cuz they match what's on it... and that would make the one she found for the missing phrase right:

"Calling all birds"

I'll feel bad that I'm sick and heard "Tylenol Bird" but, umm... You're healthy and YOU heard "Hey Baby"????? :wlaugh:

Stapes said there was a reviewer on the site where she found the info that said they won't even use that button on the toy cuz they can't understand it. I think it's safe to say, it is unclear and useless.

You know what's really interesting? Tiki hits all the other buttons repeatedly. He's hit that one a couple of times, but seems not to be very interested in it. Weird, eh? I'll just count my blessings on that one. :th_nod:

*Fae*Baby*
01-09-2010, 03:24 PM
:rofl4: ... ya... no comment on my shame

Justine
01-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Hey - if It sounds like "Tylenol Bord" and Tiki is as smart as you have told us - Here is what you do. :wwink:
Reinforce it - so Tiki does learn to say TYLENOL BIRD - -

Then you do a video of you grabbing at your head and saying - "Oh I have such a terrible Headache - !!!"

Then To the rescue comes Tiki - The Tylenol bird :biglaugh:

- of course you have to figure out how to get Tiki to swoop down carrying you Tylenol. (Maybe the individual packs.)

A Red cape and a T emblazoned across Tiki's chest is optional -
but it might get you a sponsorship - -
if nothing else - Youtube could make Tiki famous. !!!:cool:

KJTVH
01-10-2010, 02:26 AM
I dunno, is it saying "Darn it all, bird!"