PDA

View Full Version : Twilight people scare me

veecelina
03-16-2010, 10:21 PM
so twilight comes out saturday.... or friday. whatever. not really interested. but i have a 14 year old sister so i HAVE to know these things. my parents celebrate their 22nd aniversary this weekend, so Charlene (my 14 year old bratty (which is a matter of opinion, but commonly shared at my moms) sister) wants to have a twilight release party. i'm babysitting so my parents asked if i was ok with it and then bringing them at midnight to get the movie at Borders. i said yeah sure. that was saturday. its tuesday. and i am terrified. they started planning imediately. and because my parents spoiled the baby (charlene) there is no real spending limit. so they were planning today. and i made the mistake of mentioning that i didnt like twilight.... boy was that the worst thing to do in a crowded room of teenagers. good grief. first off, i dont know if yall heard of the 95 reasons twilight sucks, but i got it a few months ago and must agree with everything. i just dont like the books. sorry. sue me. but please dont mob me.
almost instantly after the words left my mouth, i realized that i had messed up. the decorating had begun, to the cast of twilight got to watch as my sisters friends used all of my mothers household items to beat me down and then went even crazier and beat me in the head with the book. the fourth one. you know, the one that weigh about three pounds. i got hit with my moms choppy blendy thing first. and then someone threw a glass mug at me, which i dodged. then a softball, which ill blame my brother for leaving his crap around. that hurt. i have a bruise the exact shape of a ball somewhere around where my spleen is. they really attacked me!!!! no joke! but ill be fair, i didnt exactly word it like "i dont like twilight". it was more along the lines of "twilight is a worthless waste of time. its not even good enough to wipe my a** with. its totally at conflict with itself. she ugly, but everyone likes her. hes a good guy, but hes an a**. its a stupid book. you guys should try, like, artimis foul or something. heck id be happy if you'd read harry potter." and then i started on the movie. this really got their attention. and then suddenly i realized that i was standing in a crowded room of obsessed teenagers, and there were sharp objects. im just glad they didnt find the knives. sad part? a girl in my psych 101 class was there with her little sister. and she attacked me too.
sorry, but twilight people scare me.
and at the risk of bodily harm, i really hate those books. please do not hunt me down. i have student loans out.

Critter
03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
So, you're totally not alone in that. I've read the books, I've seen the movies, I still don't like them. I have valid reasons for not liking them. I keep them to myself cause I don't like to rain on anyone's parade, but you're so not alone.

Breelia
03-16-2010, 11:00 PM
O_o I think that's grounds for juvenile hall, dude. Or at least riot gear. *shudder* In your place I'd send all of them twilight greeting cards with "Edward is a ponce loser" written in big red block letters over his face. :th_nod:

Then possibly move to Greenland and change my name...

veecelina
03-16-2010, 11:02 PM
THANK YOU!
i feel bad, but im a very opinionated person, and i really didnt think id actually get hurt, but there were people like that in college. and its not even that great of a book. i really dont understand why they would fight practically to the death to defend a book. i mean i love reading and stuff, but i know everyone has an opinion.
my mother came home and looked at the mess, and the small cut i have from there the cutty blendy thing hit me in the head. all she said was "Vee, please learn to shut up before i have to identify your body at the mourgue." very supportive. lol.

Breelia
03-16-2010, 11:04 PM
THANK YOU!
i feel bad, but im a very opinionated person, and i really didnt think id actually get hurt, but there were people like that in college. and its not even that great of a book. i really dont understand why they would fight practically to the death to defend a book. i mean i love reading and stuff, but i know everyone has an opinion.
my mother came home and looked at the mess, and the small cut i have from there the cutty blendy thing hit me in the head. all she said was "Vee, please learn to shut up before i have to identify your body at the mourgue." very supportive. lol.

That's all she had to say?? No punishment for the brats who did this to you?? :shocked:

Anita
03-16-2010, 11:16 PM
I agree that's it?!
If I ever did anything like that, my mother and father would have been like okay no you don't get to go to the party AND you're grounded AND I'd not get the movie for a few weeks.

And I don't like Twilight much. Either.

Are you okay though? (Heck, if I were you, I wouldn't drive them)

veecelina
03-16-2010, 11:16 PM
my moms a doctor and my dad works offshore. i had one of "those" childhoods. lol. she made them clean up the mess, and i got out of babysitting the party cause she was worried for my health. but shes one of those liberated people, which is where i get it, cause she wont punish any of us for our opinions... unless they get us arrested or something.... which is where me and her part ways in our agreement. lol.

veecelina
03-16-2010, 11:20 PM
it wasnt a big deal, cause im considered the... well the bad egg. so long as they havent been arrested yet, theyre good in my moms book. but shes a good mom and what not. and she sorta saw it as a joke. until she saw the bruise. then she said Ronnie could drive them. to me it was worth the bruises to get out of it! thank god. last year the release thing was horrible! two hours, on my feet, at midnight. and then i had class the next day. and work at eight. but i promised. now im kinda stingy with my kindness when it comes to little sisters.

Liberty
03-16-2010, 11:40 PM
I've never read the books, thought the first movie was okay, I really couldn't stop laughing for most of it. Haven't seen the second one, only interested in it because I have a thing for werewolves-ish things.

To be fair, you could've said it in a nicer way. It's one thing to say you don't like something, it's another to out right it insult to a room full of people who are actually fans. Of course you knew that. :wwink:

Still, you didn't deserve to be beaten and mobbed. CRAZY... is what I'm thinking. She should've been grounded. Not being punish for you opinion is fine, I don't think anyone should, but come on...physical violence is never okay.

Hesperia
03-17-2010, 12:37 PM
I personally love the The Twilight Saga however, I don't think that it's the best piece of fiction ever written. I also understand that it is not for everyone and that if you don't like it then you are entitled to your opinion. The behavior of the teens, IMHO, is why so many people feel turned off to Twilight. They think that everyone who likes it are crazed & obsessed. I'll be the first to admit that I went to the movies everday of New Moon opening weekend to watch the movie, but I'm certainly not going to physically attack someone because we have a difference of opinion :wno:

And yes I'll be standing in line to buy my copy of the New Moon DVD @ 12:01am on 3/20/10 along with everyone else in this town, LOL.

JamiSings
03-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Tell her that I said you're right. Twilight DOES suck. It's poorly written. Bella is a dishrag, the kind that ends up in abusive relationships IRL and would be eventually beaten to death by her boyfriend, and Edward is a prissy boy stalker. The books are prime examples of a writer with no talent and abusive relationships.

airbear82
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and should not be mobbed because of it. All those girls should be ashamed of themselves, especially your sister. If I showed that kind of behavior my mom would be APPALLED Not only would I not be having the PARTY, I wouldn't be getting the movie EVER! My mom would probably have taken away the books plus I would be grounded for awhile. I would also have to apologize for my behavior as well.

Tell her that I said you're right. Twilight DOES suck. It's poorly written. Bella is a dishrag, the kind that ends up in abusive relationships IRL and would be eventually beaten to death by her boyfriend, and Edward is a prissy boy stalker. The books are prime examples of a writer with no talent and abusive relationships.

:wlaugh:

I love the series but I even found this funny. I have read books that are better written but I still liked the series.

analisa
03-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I personally love the The Twilight Saga however, I don't think that it's the best piece of fiction ever written. I also understand that it is not for everyone and that if you don't like it then you are entitled to your opinion. The behavior of the teens, IMHO, is why so many people feel turned off to Twilight. They think that everyone who likes it are crazed & obsessed. I'll be the first to admit that I went to the movies everday of New Moon opening weekend to watch the movie, but I'm certainly not going to physically attack someone because we have a difference of opinion :wno:

And yes I'll be standing in line to buy my copy of the New Moon DVD @ 12:01am on 3/20/10 along with everyone else in this town, LOL.

Yes, what she said.

Being physically attacked, in your own home, by your own sister and her friends, even if it was on a "joking" tone, not acceptable, not at all, they left bruises on you !!! And why are you the bad egg? You sound like a pretty smart girl to me, at least you think for yourself and stand up for your opinions, and that says a lot. :th_nod:

veecelina
03-17-2010, 04:41 PM
lol more power to you. i dont think that everyone who reads it is insane... but the vast majority of those teens.... yeah, they scare me. but what gets me is that, if someone told me they hated books i loved, i wouldnt attack. even if they ragged it. but ive read quotes of the things some of these people say. they need therapists. but my friend ang, she loves the books and the movies, and we agree to disagree. i even read them all just so i could try and get into it... it just never happened.i guess some people cant handle their literature. lol.

veecelina
03-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes, what she said.

Being physically attacked, in your own home, by your own sister and her friends, even if it was on a "joking" tone, not acceptable, not at all, they left bruises on you !!! And why are you the bad egg? You sound like a pretty smart girl to me, at least you think for yourself and stand up for your opinions, and that says a lot. :th_nod:

<<not a cheerleader, therefore a bad egg. lol. not only the cheerleader thing. im just not... mom wanted a little girl. and got one. but... not girly. and not exactly law abiding. but not in a bad way. lol, dont judge just cause my mom has issues with tomboys. im still a 4.0 student...

Seira
03-17-2010, 07:30 PM
I read the books and like them myself, but really, that was going a bit too far. And they are rather poorly written, Bella is quite Sueish to me. Thier fun to read and watch but to me it's like reading a harlequin novel. No real substance.

You certainly won't find me acting that way. That's just insane.

Jill
03-17-2010, 09:35 PM
BOO!!!:biglaugh:

veecelina
03-17-2010, 09:40 PM
BOO!!!:biglaugh:

EEEEEP!!!.....
should i even ask?

Jill
03-17-2010, 10:56 PM
EEEEEP!!!.....
should i even ask?

I am a Twilight person scaring you.....:s5:

cathyla
03-18-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm a twilight person and not scarey at all. Just got back from taking my nieces to Forks last week and they would not attack anyone either. we enjoyed it stayed in a cabin on first beach and had a ball. It's not for everyone just like other books aren't for everyone, still trying to read covet not getting very far, but some people loved it.

LMey
03-18-2010, 02:39 AM
.. so I have to admit that I read the books, and thought they were decent mind-candy. They were fun brainless entertainment that didn't require the reader to actually consider anything of great depth, which certainly has it's moments. I actually have all four books, and was just recently loaning them out to a co-worker who decided that she wanted to finally find out what all the fuss was about.

Was not expecting her to come into work today (having started the second book) in tears and making the exclamation of "Edward just broke up with us!"

<facepalm>

.. really?

I think I need those back now.

Crazy_Girl
03-18-2010, 10:18 AM

:wlaugh:

Christmasgirl
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Just think of it this way, what if you got in a room with all us KM maniacs and said you thought the fever books, charactors , bloodrush was all stupid ect..

Yeah , got the picture, dont burst twilighters bubble just caz you didnt like it was no reason to dis them or be rude

Crazy_Girl
03-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm a Twilight mom-Go team Jacob!LOL
My daughter is Twilight obsessed!
We even have Twilight Granny-she loves Dr. Cullen!
We enjoy all the hoopla!:wlaugh:

veecelina
03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
i have nothing agaisnt people liking the books. and when i was ragging, i do that all the time. shes my sister and shes 14. i live to torment her. but like i said, nothing against the people who read them... just against the crazy teens. and i dont think id ever attack someone cause they said that the fever series sucked. my mother in law doesnt like it and i get that its just not for her (shes a sappy romance kinda person). but id like to say i have enough self control to not go nuts. lol.
btw... hippos are so verra mean.

KJTVH
03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Sorry some of us couldn't have been there to support you! I have read all of the Twilight books -- I own all of the books (they were given to me, I didn't spend a time). I have seen the first movie (DH got it on Netflix, and he says he's going to get the second one on Netflix too <sigh>). All of these are over-rated, over-hyped, horrible role model for girls, good for those moments when there is absolutely nothing to read, watch, discuss, clean, or otherwise find a productive use of time. My daughter, thankfully, agrees with me, or at least pretends to, although some of her friends really like them. Hope it makes you feel somewhat better to know that you are very much not alone in your feelings.

veecelina
03-18-2010, 11:58 AM

EEEP! stay back! i have rugby players and im not afraid to use em.

Crazy_Girl
03-18-2010, 12:33 PM
i have nothing agaisnt people liking the books. and when i was ragging, i do that all the time. shes my sister and shes 14. i live to torment her. but like i said, nothing against the people who read them... just against the crazy teens. and i dont think id ever attack someone cause they said that the fever series sucked. my mother in law doesnt like it and i get that its just not for her (shes a sappy romance kinda person). but id like to say i have enough self control to not go nuts. lol.
btw... hippos are so verra mean.

I have a teen,and she is not crazy!

-^-Lin-^-
03-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Can you keep the comments specific to the incident and not make global statements that say every teen who likes twilight is crazy.

Opinions and behavior differ in all things so there are going to be people here who like twilight and whist you can say you don't, it doesn't mean you can be insulting to others who do.

amy.m1
03-18-2010, 01:11 PM
I am a HUGE twilight fan. But I would have to agree that there are "some" (not everyone) people out there who are just nuts. I have met people who claim that they are secretly dating the characters and who are so upset about the dating rumors of the actors/actresses real lives. Its just insane. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Just because I like something, I dont expect everyone around me to like it. I get teased for liking the series, but I would never attack them. I am so sorry to hear that you had to get hurt just b/c you voiced your opinion. But at least you got out of the party :wbiggrin: