PDA

View Full Version : When does the Dream begin?

Tydren
05-02-2010, 05:36 PM
So...

If DF contains a dream Mac is having...when does this dream start in the book?

*Jo*
05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
:thinking:
There are nnumerous threads in the archives with this very question plus there is more that I didn't copy~

http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19239&highlight=when+does+the+dreaming+start%3F
http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19177&page=14
http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6009&highlight=when+does+the+dreaming+start%3F
http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21473&highlight=when+does+the+dreaming+start%3F
http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20808&highlight=when+does+the+dreaming+start%3F

I do not honestly remember all the options though I do recall my thought~
After Mac & Christian get out of the water was my guess...

aprilssix
05-02-2010, 06:21 PM
:thinking:

I do not honestly remember all the options though I do recall my thought~
After Mac & Christian get out of the water was my guess...

How come you think it was then JO?

bap7249
05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
So...

AaaaHaaa, Fluer....that is the most burning question that i have....and we will probably not know until ShadowFever is released...bap:wno:

aprilssix
05-02-2010, 06:30 PM
DREAMFEVER...

Is it going to be Mac lying down, closing eyes, and falling asleep and DREAMING, or is it going to be that she is in the DREAMING only, in the silvers? :smile:

*Jo*
05-02-2010, 07:05 PM
How come you think it was then JO?

Since I only read the Fever series one time, april
~please bear with me...
I think that I had come to the conclusion that both were so incredibly tired after swimming & getting out of the Hall of Days that they crashed..succumbed to 'dreaming'.
All that came after the beach was but a dream...
Theory here: Which means the monster of the sea may indeed be Barrons?
And the beast is either Insp. Jayne (cause we know Christian who ate Unseelie ended up in Unseelie) or the DEG, "Lor" or if that is the DEG's name...HIM then.
:GB:
I apologize if I have any facts wrong.
Feel free to refresh my memory since I read Dreamfever last August...and haven't reread. I find there's just too much & my mind gets too cluttered with all of it ;0}. Do ye ken?!

aprilssix
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
~please bear with me...
I think that I had come to the conclusion that both were so incredibly tired after swimming & getting out of the Hall of Days that they crashed..succumbed to 'dreaming'.
And the beast is either Insp. Jayne (cause we know Christian who ate Unseelie ended up in Unseelie) or the DEG, "Lor" or if that is the DEG's name...HIM then.
Feel free to refresh my memory since I read Dreamfever last August...and haven't reread. I find there's just too much & my mind gets too cluttered with all of it ;0}. Do ye ken?!

Thanks Jo, that does make sence....I have read DrF only once too, and yeah, trying to keep all of this stuff straight in your head, it gets cluttered more then my kids rooms...lol:snick:

Meli
05-02-2010, 07:39 PM
~please bear with me...

Yep, yep:th_nod:
I think the dreaming part started around the Hall of Days.
but, sea monster? The thing that ate the unseelie that Christian threw into the water? Barrons? :shocked: Am I understanding correctly and what makes you think so? I'm veryveryvery curious now!:th_nod:

aprilssix
05-02-2010, 08:04 PM
So...

What if the "dream" -ing has nothing to do with Mac at all? :shocked:

FarmerCoehick
05-02-2010, 08:11 PM
It may also have been called Dreamfever because wasn't this the book that Barrons mentioned the "Dreaming" in?

*Jo*
05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks Jo, that does make sence....I have read DrF only once too, and yeah, trying to keep all of this stuff straight in your head, it gets cluttered more then my kids rooms...lol:snick:
:snick:

*Jo*
05-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Yep, yep:th_nod:
I think the dreaming part started around the Hall of Days.
but, sea monster? The thing that ate the unseelie that Christian threw into the water? Barrons? :shocked: Am I understanding correctly and what makes you think so? I'm veryveryvery curious now!:th_nod:

Ummmmmmm.
*thinking here*
Mac had another 'vision' or experience similar to this before about the monster in the dark water...in a boat (?!!!) and she didn't want to turn around to view what was behind her.
Before Dreamfever.
(She had this creepy snapshot after being with Barrons.)
Or was it Dreamfever?
No, no. I remember this recollection as the second time I read it...
Or something very similar happening to Mac in an earlier book.
:wideeyed:..:sad4:..:th_blush:
ANY HELP here would be good about now.
I failed to mention I have read each book of the Fever series only once.

aprilssix
05-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Ummmmmmm.
monster in the dark water....

Loch ness monster?!...lol:snick:

BabyG3551
05-02-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't think she is dreaming as much as I think she is physically IN the Dreaming. And I think that she fell into it during her last shift, when she was separated from Christian.

FarmerCoehick
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't think she is dreaming as much as I think she is physically IN the Dreaming. And I think that she fell into it during her last shift, when she was separated from Christian.

I like that! :60: Next question - how does she get back out?

BabyG3551
05-02-2010, 09:26 PM
I like that! :60: Next question - how does she get back out?

I think that someone would have to come and get her or she would have to meet someone else that is living in the Dreaming to help her escape. I don't think she will be able to just find the way out on her own.

yvonndalona
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
:smile:Gotta say.... I'm out on my own on this one, I guess....

But I thought the title "Dreamfever" was about the importance of Mac's dreams and the fact that she had began having them in earnest.

I thought that was how all the books were broken down:

Darkfever...Mac learns of the darkness out there she had been previously unaware of.

Bloodfever...Mac develops "savage Mac" and a bloodlust for revenge.

Faefever...Mac turns priya

I know its a popular theory that Mac is dreaming, but that seems too easy.

I previously put up a post about Occam's Razor and I'm sticking with the idea that the simplest solution is the correct solution. The book titles have not been difficult to understand where they apply to the story line, and I don't think Dreamfever is any different than the others.

*Jo*
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
:smile:

I previously put up a post about Occam's Razor and I'm sticking with the idea that the simplest solution is the correct solution.

:th_nod:
Believe in this all the way through~
:serrrr:
*still wondering about the double passage of the 'monster' in the dark water*

cadown18
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
:smile:Gotta say.... I'm out on my own on this one, I guess....

But I thought the title "Dreamfever" was about the importance of Mac's dreams and the fact that she had began having them in earnest.

I thought that was how all the books were broken down:

Darkfever...Mac learns of the darkness out there she had been previously unaware of.

Bloodfever...Mac develops "savage Mac" and a bloodlust for revenge.

Faefever...Mac turns priya

I know its a popular theory that Mac is dreaming, but that seems too easy.

I previously put up a post about Occam's Razor and I'm sticking with the idea that the simplest solution is the correct solution. The book titles have not been difficult to understand where they apply to the story line, and I don't think Dreamfever is any different than the others.

I like all this.
I think an important part about Dreamfever is that she dreamed her life back.
I don't have the book in front of me but her last night in Barrons bed that is how she described it. "I dreamed my life back."

So even though she went into the mirrors and seems to be heading towards the unseelie prison, I think all of that stuff that happened to her in the last chapter is real - not a dream.

Can't wait to read what happens at Fevercon.
Hope someone keeps the rest of us well informed. :smile:

Ollie
05-02-2010, 11:30 PM
So...

My take on it is that it's probably more than one meaning.

Barrons gets his dream, just not in the way he expected it to happen...being with Mac. Don't remember what book, but Barrons says something like "$%&^$ you, Ms. Lane" and Mac replies "In your dreams"

I personally think Barrons some how is a part of The Dreaming. He always left when Mac went to sleep. Mac said Dreaming is a real place. So, if she goes to this real place everytimes she sleeps and Barrons leave her and goes somewhere...maybe he goes into The Dreaming where Mac would be when she sleeps. I think maybe that's how she dreamed her life back, Barrons knew she was ready, that's why he was so upset about wanting to speak, but not speak when he asked about her prom. Knew what he had to do. Whispers what he wants her to see...just like Barrons said he might be doing to Karen.

So..my guess is Mac in the Silvers which also mixed up with The Dreaming and that's the realm she was in when she meet The beast..not dreaming, but in The realm Dreaming..which is under BB&B.

Plus I think she understands the sad dying women in her past dreams and why she is sad, cold and feels like dying, after she kills the person who was her everything. Her past dreams are all starting to make sense.

That's just my guess on it.

MaryV
05-03-2010, 02:34 AM
I'm with you Meli if she is dreaming it started in the Hall of all day's.

Jill
05-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Ever the eternal optimist, I would like to think that the dreaming started in the church before Mac was raped, and she is still there (in the dreaming)! I would like to think that one of the Keltars' spells worked on Halloween, and mayhap they sent her into the dreaming realm to protect her. And she is still there. And none of the yucky stuff really happened. Let me live with my delusional thoughts until December 7, okay???

But unfortunately, I do think *Jo* is right. Although I thought the Lanes acted "off" when Darroc had them, and that was before the lake scene, so IDK...

I have a feeling Shadowfever is going to be a very long book (I am hoping for one)!!!

clrich
05-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I still wonder if it was when she had the encounter with the book.

What if when Barron's asks her what the %&#* she is, it's actually the book asking her that question? What if the book tried to take her over, but couldn't and is manipulating her to break her down to the point that it can?

I can't get this theory out of my head. The book tells her something like "I say when we're through." and then all of the sudden she wakes up back at BB&B with Barrons? That's just too cooincindental to me. It seemed to me that most of the people that Mac ran into after that point in the story sort of acted bizzar. Maybe that's because it is only the books interpretation of how those people would act.

I wonder about V'lane being summoned into the dreaming and that is why he reacted that way, not because of the wards in the abby. Maybe he knew if he stayed that he'd be trapped as well?

I'm probably wrong, but this theory is still what eats at my brain and makes me wonder.

*Jo*
05-03-2010, 10:41 PM
But unfortunately, I do think *Jo* is right.

:DragonBreathFire:
for the back-handed compliment there, Jill. I think...
Though I am really not too certain. *scratching head here*
:happy0188:

MariZ
05-03-2010, 11:29 PM
I was thinking that it started when she goes thru the silvers, she thinks she's back home and her parents are there, BUT.. if she was actually in Georgia the stone wouln't have reacted, they never have in Dublin. Also when she comes out of the silver she describes the "membrane" goo thing as being pink and that always made think of "pink Mac".
But then again reading your post, you guys make sense. So in the end IJDK:skeptical:

Jill
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
:DragonBreathFire:
for the back-handed compliment there, Jill. I think...
Though I am really not too certain. *scratching head here*
:happy0188:

Unfortunate for Mac because I was hoping she had started dreaming in the church before the rape.

*Jo*
05-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Unfortunate for Mac because I was hoping she had started dreaming in the church before the rape.

Yeah, I was hoping the very same but?! Intuition tells me, "Nay."

Meli
05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Yep, what throws everything off is Dani's POV.