PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jayzee
11-29-2010, 07:25 AM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Debbie_D
11-29-2010, 07:27 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

ditto

KAthrine
11-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Look, its Barrons flying around!:biglaugh:

Jill
11-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Yep! Barrons hordes books, and so do dragons. It is a dragon...right!?!:skeptical:

jayzee
11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Yep! Barrons hordes books, and so do dragons. It is a dragon...right!?!:skeptical:

I was going with a Royal Hunter ...but mayhap it's a dragon :D

Justine
11-29-2010, 09:48 AM
*JO* *JO* :chatterbox:

- LOOK - It's a ROUND TOWER !!!!

MissAmy
11-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I like it! I like it!

kendapup
11-29-2010, 10:01 AM
It is soo cool!! (I thought I was in the wrong place for a second) The banners here are always so beautiful.

happygirlie
11-29-2010, 10:19 AM
I had to do a double take! We're getting closer peeps...

What? What did I miss? Is it a clue?????

KJTVH
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Oh, my favorite so far! Love it! But not Barrons, LOL!

jeant
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Very beautiful!!

mally0407
11-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Ooooooo.....Veeeeerrrry Niiicccce:th_nod:

Southern Faerie
11-29-2010, 11:32 AM
It is very pretty. With the "Hunter" and the round tower. I love the red coloring to it. My first thought was Dragon also. A red one actually, but then I went with a royal hunter too.

happygirlie
11-29-2010, 11:49 AM
I wonder if its the UK's personal hunter? Didn't V'lane say it had been spotted in a teaser? Hmmm, I wonder if it is red and that what makes it distinctive and therfore recognisable...

Viking Princess
11-29-2010, 11:51 AM
AHHHH! A Hunter! Run for your lives! Hide your women and beadwork!!!!

Breelia
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
LOL for a second I looked at it and thought OOoohhh O_O Am I the first to see this? Nope! Once again I am last to know everything. LOVE it, though!

*Jo*
11-29-2010, 01:14 PM

Hehehe. yes, it truely is Justine~
Great researching skills about that, lass!
:60:
Looks like Barrons, the flying dragon. Here I am thinking that was a totally Welsh mythology.:DragonBreathFire:

DoberDawn
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
A round tower... and ... is that a grail orb illuminated over it to lure Eric aka Galahad to the NOLA gathering where 250 maniacs will beg him to spank them? Heh Heh... feeling kinda Monty Python silly. <g>

Achaius
11-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Ohhh, very pretty.

FaeOfGlenElandra
11-29-2010, 02:45 PM
I soooo love it!! :]

KAthrine
11-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Jo, check this out:

Irish round towers (Irish: Cloigtheach (singular), Cloigthithe (plural) – literally "bell house") are early medieval stone towers of a type found mainly in Ireland, with three in Scotland and one on the Isle of Man.

The Isle of Man (pronounced /ˈmćn/; Manx: Ellan Vannin,[2] pronounced [ˈɛlʲən ˈvanɪn]), otherwise known simply as Mann

In Manx mythology, the island was ruled by Manannán mac Lir, a Celtic sea god, who would draw his misty cloak around the island to protect it from invaders. One of the principal theories about the origin of the name Mann is that it is named after Manannan.

An old Irish story tells how Lough Neagh was formed when Ireland's legendary giant Fionn mac Cumhaill (commonly anglicised to Finn McCool) ripped up a portion of the land and tossed it at a Scottish rival. He missed, and the chunk of earth landed in the Irish Sea, thus creating the island.

*Interesting*

Your link below Jo! :shocked:

http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?28385-An-Domhain-Manannan-amp-Barrons-Daoine-Aes-Dana-Immortal-or-Celtic-God-Barinthus-!

Hehehe. yes, it truely is Justine~
Great researching skills about that, lass!
:60:
Looks like Barrons, the flying dragon. Here I am thinking that was a totally Welsh mythology.:DragonBreathFire:

bap7249
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Jo, check this out:

Irish round towers (Irish: Cloigtheach (singular), Cloigthithe (plural) – literally "bell house") are early medieval stone towers of a type found mainly in Ireland, with three in Scotland and one on the Isle of Man.

The Isle of Man (pronounced /ˈmćn/; Manx: Ellan Vannin,[2] pronounced [ˈɛlʲən ˈvanɪn]), otherwise known simply as Mann

In Manx mythology, the island was ruled by Manannán mac Lir, a Celtic sea god, who would draw his misty cloak around the island to protect it from invaders. One of the principal theories about the origin of the name Mann is that it is named after Manannan.

An old Irish story tells how Lough Neagh was formed when Ireland's legendary giant Fionn mac Cumhaill (commonly anglicised to Finn McCool) ripped up a portion of the land and tossed it at a Scottish rival. He missed, and the chunk of earth landed in the Irish Sea, thus creating the island.

*Interesting*

Your link below Jo! :shocked:

http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?28385-An-Domhain-Manannan-amp-Barrons-Daoine-Aes-Dana-Immortal-or-Celtic-God-Barinthus-!

LOL, i don't know if it's a clue or not...but i do know it looks just like the dragon on my new Kindle cover...this banner is absolutely beautiful....bap

FeverLover
11-29-2010, 05:46 PM
OOOOHHHH I can't wait..... almost there maniacs!!!

My first thought was a dragon, but now I'm leaning towards a hunter. Doesn't matter which... :snick:

LOVE IT!!

aprilssix
11-29-2010, 05:51 PM

LOL. I noticed that too Justine! :snick:

Love the banner!:60:

Viking Princess
11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
A round tower... and ... is that a grail orb illuminated over it to lure Eric aka Galahad to the NOLA gathering where 250 maniacs will beg him to spank them? Heh Heh... feeling kinda Monty Python silly. <g>

Naughty Zoot illuminated the grail shaped beacon again?! *gasp* Galahad shall have to spank her!

jayzee
11-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Naughty Zoot illuminated the grail shaped beacon again?! *gasp* Galahad shall have to spank her!

:shocked: Galahad/Eric has to spank me again?!?! Yes please!!!

pepetrueno
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM
I love Dragons!!!:DragonBreathFire:

analisa
11-29-2010, 06:33 PM
WOW !!! Looks great !!! and looks like Mia's ...

pamadona
11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Love it!

Liberty
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Love it, love it, love it!

So many theories and insights.
Here I was just thinking "Ooooh, pretty new banner." *sigh* I can't keep up with you ladies.

DeeS
11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
jeez louise - you girls are so easy to stir up!
:smiley_chicken:

Very nice banner
Is this another Mia creation?

Mackalena
11-29-2010, 07:55 PM
W.O.W. Love the new banner! Its almost here!! *claps fingers*

DeeS
11-29-2010, 08:26 PM

The Towers were created to worship the Sun and Moon ...
the great battle between the Tuathe de Daanan and Firbolgs took place on the "Field of Towers" battleground.

St Patrick and his followers built their wooden churches under round stone towers...

There's also numerous ref's to the phallic representation of the tower.

I'm going to have to dig further into the Tarot Card's Tower Card as well as the Wheel of Fortune. Lots of refs to the Tower of Babel here ..

-Kat
11-29-2010, 08:30 PM

Barrons a big red dragon ... that's funny. That's what we named his car when I was with him last Friday night.

Viking Princess
11-29-2010, 08:32 PM
:shocked: Galahad/Eric has to spank me again?!?! Yes please!!!

*prints*

-Kat
11-29-2010, 08:38 PM
*prints*

Heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh! :rofl4::type:

LisK
11-29-2010, 08:47 PM
LOL for a second I looked at it and thought OOoohhh O_O Am I the first to see this? Nope! Once again I am last to know everything. LOVE it, though!

Nope, not last - here I am late to the party as usual. LOVE THIS LOOK!!! BEAUTIFUL!!

jayzee
11-29-2010, 08:48 PM
*prints*

Heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh! :rofl4::type:

There will be none of that behavior!!

Leiha
11-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Excellent eyes ladies, this image is actually one of Mia's tarot cards. David formatted it for the board, when he said this would be perfect for the forum I didn't see it and then he showed it to me and I was blown away so thank you Mia for once again sharing your talent and David for your eye!

KJTVH
11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
LOL, Red Dragon is my Girl Scout 'camp name'...although sometimes the girls call me Big Red Dragon because I like to drink Big Red soda (which I just happen to be drinking now!).

Jill
11-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Barrons a big red dragon ... that's funny. That's what we named his car when I was with him last Friday night.:shocked:

CJlover
11-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm currently reading Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken, so I have dragon on the brain, too. This is beautiful! Go Mia!

ksushanchik
11-30-2010, 01:56 AM
hey guys..wow the banner is like wow :)))

everybody seems to think that its Barrons who is the dragon...I might be crazy but the first thought that came to my mind was that the dragon is actually Mac. Didnt KMM mentioned that Mac will fly on her own wings one day or something like that??

cassyyy88
11-30-2010, 03:35 AM
loooooove it.
no theories here, im just going to enjoy the banner !!

KJTVH
11-30-2010, 03:38 AM
Don't jump to conclusions! NOT all of us here think Barrons is a dragon...nor Mac. I don't want to get into my theory here, just to say neither.

Mia, you are always amazing, I should have known this was your work!!

Sue71
11-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Very cool banner! My first thought was oh cool a hunter. Then after thinking a bit I wondered if it could be the UK's hunter.

bap7249
11-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Excellent eyes ladies, this image is actually one of Mia's tarot cards. David formatted it for the board, when he said this would be perfect for the forum I didn't see it and then he showed it to me and I was blown away so thank you Mia for once again sharing your talent and David for your eye!

WOW!!!!!...gotta love Mia and those Davids...it's fantastic...thanks to all of you....bap

Fang
11-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Agreed! The banner is beautiful!

Bones
11-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Gorgeous. Amazing talent, Mia.:notworthy:

win1212
11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Love it!!

jeant
11-30-2010, 02:45 PM

Here I was just thinking "Ooooh, pretty new banner." *sigh* I can't keep up with you ladies.

I'm right there with you Liberty!!! I quit trying to keep up with the ladies on the board, my mind just can't work that fast or deep.

Justary
11-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Thinking......thinking....

Yeah is pretty, but what does it tell???

DeeS
11-30-2010, 06:27 PM

YES! :th_penguindance:

I think I'll post The Tower on today's Tarot Card lesson in the Tarot thread.

Those Davids *are* wicked young men. They refused to give up any information when they sat at our table during the FeverCon dinner. Tho they did seem rather interested in the young ladies sitting next to them .... :wbiggrin:

AlysL
11-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Love the new Banner!!!!! Great work Mia - you are soooooo talented! :notworthy: And thanls David for the magic to make it fit!

I going with the Hunter theory on this one.....:th_Clap5:

reids_haven
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
I was going with a Royal Hunter ...but mayhap it's a dragon :D

I was thinking Hunter too, thats the first thing I thought of.

It is really good... Love it.....

shay
12-01-2010, 08:41 AM
awesome banner! wow!!

IslandLass
12-03-2010, 09:19 PM

Ditto Liberty....not only do I have to read between the lines :skeptical: but now I have to decode pics:wno: I can't keep up!!!!:cry: