PDA

View Full Version : My sad ending to 2007

desertwolf
12-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Teddie, my basset hound, passed away December 27th. He was 13 years, 7 months. He was a happy dog that loved everybody he met. Usually everybody who met him loved him. The house is eerily silent without him. The cats miss him and I miss him.

In his honor (and to show what I've been doing the last couple of days) I've attached the appropriate basset hound send off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28DR84DSd48&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQyhVLPyWZo&feature=related

I also attached an Adrain Paul vid with a song Loreena McKennett sings. It was oddly appropriate but also makes me cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xxzotMGgmU

rosie
12-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Sorry to hear about Teddie. Pets can become like one of the family. Again I'm sorry.

ILUVNURDS
12-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry desertwolf.:grouphug: You had 13 wonderful years that you can always cherish.

LisK
12-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear about you dog. Bassets are wonderful friends, and I'm sure you will miss him for a long time. Great tribute.

MelanieD
12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi desertwolf,

I really understand how you feel. My old dog went to live with good friends, who who had known her for years and loved her, when I moved from Australia to the UK. Leaving her was the hardest thing I ever did but I felt I wasn't home enough to be a good dog owner when I lived in Perth so I always felt good that she went to a home where she had lots of company and my friends kids have become very fond of her. She is now 17.5 year old and I'm going to see her tomorrow. I know this is probably the last time I will see her - she has more bad days than good now and I'm getting teary thinking about it even though she doesn't even live with me now.

You'll always miss him but time does help. I'm going to try and think about all the great times I spent with her and what a good life she had. Maybe that will work for you too. :th_hug-vi:

highlanderlas
12-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Teddie's passing. You were a wonderful mommy to him and he cherished that, I know. :6::6:

DrkPrncss
12-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Sadness. my best to you. we lost our dog last year and it was so very different the night he was put down.

my best to you.

Bella...
12-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I am so sorry... I know you loved Teddie very much... {{{Hugs}}}

*Jo*
12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Teddie was an awfully lucky dog if you ask me...with you as a mommy.
I am so sorry for your loss and sadness...

Scout
12-30-2007, 10:08 PM
I have no other words for you other than I am so truely sorry! My dogs are my children too and my heart weeps for you! I made sure I adopted another dog when I realised how attached to my baby I am. I refuse to even think about loosing mine! I have been told that it helps ALOT to get another. You'll never feel the same again, but time heals all wounds!

Viking Princess
12-30-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that :( Here's a hug from me to you :grouphug:

Ranj
12-30-2007, 10:22 PM
I am so sorry!!! A dog is so much more than just a pet, they are our babies, our best friends and our families!! I am so sorry for your loss!

alba
12-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Sorry about Teddie they are such a big part of the family it is difficult when the go you were a god mommy to Teddie but your memories of him will be with you always:th_hug-vi::th_hug-vi::th_hug-vi:

CathyJ
12-30-2007, 11:57 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. It is always hard to lose a family member--even the furry ones. Obviously Teddie had a wonderful life with you, and you will always have your memories of him to cherish. I've always had dogs and it is always hard to lose one, but the joy of their company is always worth it.

Beware_of_Italics
12-31-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm so sorry. I've had pets my whole life and so have lost many. I know how much it hurts. (((HUGS)))

dmarie
12-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Teddie. :6: :6:

krstis
12-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Dog

When God made the earth and sky,
The flowers and the trees,
He then made all the animals
And all the birds and bees,
And When his work was finished
Not one was quite the same.
He said, "I'll walk this earth of mine
And give each a name."
And so he traveled land and sea
And everywhere he went
A little creature followed Him
Until its strength was spent.
When all were named upon the earth
And in the sky and sea,
The little creature said," Dear Lord,
There is not one left for me."
The Father smiled and softly said
"I've left you to the end.
I've turned my own name back to front
And call you Dog, my friend."
~~~unknown

Sorry for the loss of Teddie, desertwolf. I've also lost pets, and it's tough. My sympathy to you & family.

Blazing Fire
12-31-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. My best friend growing up was not a person but a little pomerianean dog named Daisy. She lived for 17 1/2 years before my parent were forced to put her to sleep. There are times I still miss her and she has been gone for five years now.

I know how pets can become your best friend and a member of your family. I have a cat now and she's been a part of this family since the day she joined it.

I'm sorry that your friend died. Really the only advice I can give is to honor him in your heart. He will always live forever there.

Cheryle
12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. He was a big part of your family and it is hard to lose someone you love.

VWolf
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Teddie. Big hugs and thanks for sharing the song and tribute. He was well loved obviously.

desertwolf
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
The poem was beautiful! I think I've seen it before somewhere. I probably won't be getting another dog anytime soon. I need to make some changes in my life first. Maybe later on I'll look to getting another one. There are always dogs needing homes unfortunately.

Thank you for your support, I've been needing it these last few days. You are all phenomenal!

Highlander's Lass
12-31-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your fur baby. I know if it was one of mine I would be devestated. They are my children. I'm sending you big :6: