PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody!

Ingrid
02-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm on a skiing trip with my family at the moment and thought I'd pop in to say Hi :happy_face_waving: and catch up a bit with what's going on here.
And wow, there's been quite a lot going on while I was away! Poor VP gets ominous cards and messages, I bet she's already chewed off all her nails by now :03:

And what about chicken, squirrel ladies, scarlet o'hara and barking dogs? I tried to read this thread, but it was so weird it gave me a headache and had to stop in between, lol!

My mobile internet connection is acting up and kicks me out every now and again. So let's hope I can stay connected for a while!

Sarah_D
02-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Heeeey Ingrid :happy_face_waving:

I hope you're having fun!!!

Yes..poor VP <g>

Viking Princess
02-09-2008, 03:01 PM
How did you guess about my nails? (right down to the quick too. it bled)

Hope you are having fun!!!! :happy_face_waving::89:

ginaj
02-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Ingrrrrrid!!!! :happy_face_waving: Ski trip, huh? I bet you're having a blast and topping it off by rubbing it in our faces! :) Well, I hope you're having a wonderful time!

VP....nail biting is bad for you! Yuk!

Sarah_D
02-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Ingrrrrrid!!!! :happy_face_waving: Ski trip, huh? I bet you're having a blast and topping it off by rubbing it in our faces! :) Well, I hope you're having a wonderful time!

I hate nail biting..

Ingrid
02-09-2008, 03:09 PM
How did you guess about my nails? (right down to the quick too. it bled)

Hope you are having fun!!!! :happy_face_waving::89:

Oh, then you better should take your fingers out of your mouth now and start chewing (licking, sucking, ...) on something else! You wouldn't want to go to the premiere party on 13th with no nails at all, would you? Hey, maybe V'lane can help out to satisfy your oral needs instad of your finger nails :33::65::anim_naughty-vi:

highlanderlas
02-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Ingrid, have loads of fun skiing!

Sarah_D
02-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Oh, then you better should take your fingers out of your mouth now and start chewing (licking, sucking, ...) on something else! You wouldn't want to go to the premiere party on 13th with no nails at all, would you? Hey, maybe V'lane can help out to satisfy your oral needs instad of your finger nails :33::65::anim_naughty-vi:

LOL. Yes then she can lick, and suck.. :anim_naughty-vi::65:

Ingrid
02-09-2008, 03:19 PM

Ehem, not really a blast, Gina. Tomorrow will be my first try after my ski accident three years ago, where I got a complicated fracture of my knee and couldn't walk for about 6 months. And I have to say that I am a bit afraid, but I want to try it again anyway! Well, the weather and the snow are fine, so I hope it won't turn out too bad :a20:

Sarah_D
02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Ehem, not really a blast, Gina. Tomorrow will be my first try after my ski accident three years ago, where I got a complicated fracture of my knee and couldn't walk for about 6 months. And I have to say that I am a bit afraid, but I want to try it again anyway! Well, the weather and the snow are fine, so I hope it won't turn out too bad :a20:

Oh.. what a terrible accident!! I hope this time it works out better.

Viking Princess
02-09-2008, 03:20 PM

Secrets being kept from me is bad for me too

Ingrid
02-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Oh.. what a terrible accident!! I hope this time it works out better.

Thanks, Sarah! I will start it really slow and easy and see how it goes. And when I'm still whole tomorrow evening, I will come back and tell you how it went :6:

MelanieD
02-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Ah! Thats where you are. Well I hope all goes well tomorrow!

Sarah_D
02-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks, Sarah! I will start it really slow and easy and see how it goes. And when I'm still whole tomorrow evening, I will come back and tell you how it went :6:

I also hope everything goes well. Don't be too afraid--just try it, as you said, slowly and it will work out. :6:

Ingrid
02-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Ah! Thats where you are. Well I hope all goes well tomorrow!

Thank you :89:

Maria
02-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi Ingrid, enjoy your skiing trip :2v-vi:

Saint
02-09-2008, 05:15 PM
be careful and have fun too

Jennifer
02-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Yay Ingrid! I'm so glad you made it there okay! I miss you! Can't wait til' you get home so we can get started on our little "plan"....LOL...shhhhh! Have fun! Talk to you soon!:03:

Jennifer
02-09-2008, 05:27 PM

Awww Ingrid, that's awful....PLEASE be careful...the spirit of Andrei is with you...:65:

Ingrid
02-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm back in our hotel room after my first day of skiing and I'm still alive, yay! I was afraid in the beginning and I'm sure I looked like I had s****ed in my pants, but finally I managed to go up and down three times and actually had fun! Thanks ladies for the well wishes!

Awww Ingrid, that's awful....PLEASE be careful...the spirit of Andrei is with you...:65:

The spirit of Andrei, haha, that sounds like some Russian Vodka! A shot of vodka surely would have helped to calm my nerves this morning ...:65:

Cheryle
02-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Ingrid! Yay I am so glad to see you! Sounds like your trip is going great. If you have not gotten Moonlight before you left it should be waiting for you when you return! Enjoy your trip!

Jennifer
02-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm back in our hotel room after my first day of skiing and I'm still alive, yay! I was afraid in the beginning and I'm sure I looked like I had s****ed in my pants, but finally I managed to go up and down three times and actually had fun! Thanks ladies for the well wishes!

The spirit of Andrei, haha, that sounds like some Russian Vodka! A shot of vodka surely would have helped to calm my nerves this morning ...:65:

That's great!!! I can imagine the expression on your face...LOL...I am so happy for you! Andrei is a spirit...he is intoxicating, eh? I could get drunk on the sh*t , let me tell ya....
:65:

MelanieD
02-10-2008, 12:30 PM
So glad you came through the day ok and enjoying yourself. I've only been skiing once and on the second day I nearly turned myself into a snowball!! It took me the rest of the week to get my confidence back so to some extent I know how you would be feeling! Well done! :2v-vi:

Ingrid
02-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Ingrid! Yay I am so glad to see you! Sounds like your trip is going great. If you have not gotten Moonlight before you left it should be waiting for you when you return! Enjoy your trip!

Awww Cheryle, can't wait to get it! My parents are taking care of our pets and house and I hope my mom doesn't open the parcel and have a look on what's on the DVDs - she would cross herself over and over again because of the vampires, lol!

ginaj
02-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Ingrid, glad you made it through the day! I could never ski....me and trees are like magnets on skis!!!

Ingrid
02-10-2008, 01:00 PM
So glad you came through the day ok and enjoying yourself. I've only been skiing once and on the second day I nearly turned myself into a snowball!! It took me the rest of the week to get my confidence back so to some extent I know how you would be feeling! Well done! :2v-vi:

Where have you been skiing, Mel? In the Alpes? It's so hard in the beginning and it takes a lot of training to get to the point where you actually enjoy it ...

MelanieD
02-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Where have you been skiing, Mel? In the Alpes? It's so hard in the beginning and it takes a lot of training to get to the point where you actually enjoy it ...

At Chamonix - so beautiful, spectacular! I was on green slopes (suprise suprise! Actually I did do 2 blue runs) but by the end of the week I was doing paralell (sp?) turns and enjoying myself and I was happy with that (and with the vin chaud at the end of the day! :65:)

sassenach888
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Glad you had a safe day, I've only ever been snow boarding once so I've no idea how hard skiing is but it does look quite hard. Hope the rest of your trip goes well!

tempest
02-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Ingrid, glad your trip is going well this time. Have a blast and keep us posted!:03:

jilleb163
02-11-2008, 04:19 AM
Ingrid! :happy_face_waving:
I was starting to wonder where you'd wandered off to. I thought maybe Andrei had you chained up somewhere :anim_naughty-vi:
Enjoy your holiday and try to keep your skeletal system intact :65:

Whew. Was that enough smilies? Good grief.

Ingrid
02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Hellllooooo :happy_face_waving: Today was my last day of skiing and all limbs are still intact :65: I'll go back home by train tomorrow morning, while my DH and son will stay here until the weekend. I'll be alone at home with the dog and the cat, so you girls will have to be my family for the next couple of days, ok? :6:

Whew. Was that enough smilies? Good grief.

Hey, there can never be enough smilies around! I know I'm being goofy, but I always have to smile back when I see one ... :65:

sassenach888
02-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Hellllooooo :happy_face_waving: Today was my last day of skiing and all limbs are still intact :65: I'll go back home by train tomorrow morning, while my DH and son will stay here until the weekend. I'll be alone at home with the dog and the cat, so you girls will have to be my family for the next couple of days, ok? :6:

Glad you're trip went well.

Sounds like such a hardship to have a whole house all to your lonesome but I'm sure you will endeavor to get through it. :03:

MelanieD
02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
So glad it's all gone well! Hope you have/had a good trip back home.