PDA

View Full Version : What are your pet peeves

Dageus'Lass
02-29-2008, 12:23 AM
I thought I would try something different. Name some of your pet peeves ladies and gents

My bed MUST be made in the morning or I won't sleep in it.

When you're driving and someone cuts in front of you and then slows down aghhhh I hate it

RUBBERNECKERS!! it drives me up the wall

When people talk during a movie

siggyj43
02-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Being in a restaurant and seeing someone blow their nose at the table.

Passenger seat drivers.

Smackers while eating, Ugh!!! I hate it.

There's more but at risk of looking like Felix Unger I will stop.

Mac's Man
02-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Being told what to do when the dumb event is over.

Example
I spill some sauce on my shirt.
"You should have screwed the lid on tighter "

:th_duhhhh-vi: Well duhh!

siggyj43
02-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Being told what to do when the dumb event is over.

Example
I spill some sauce on my shirt.
"You should have screwed the lid on tighter "

:th_duhhhh-vi: Well duhh!

Right?!!

Bella...
02-29-2008, 02:03 AM
RUDENESS of anykind... NO excuse for it EVER.

BAD MANNERS... If you learned good manners growing up, REMEMBER them now as an adult.

ps... I have a few quirky ones :65: but these are the important ones to me.

Liberty
02-29-2008, 03:52 AM
People not signaling when they turn or switch lanes, unless there's absolutely no traffic and less than 10 cars on the road, signal!

I hate it when I'm driving and minding my own business and all of a sudden the car in front of me stops and I have to slam on my breaks because that person decides they want to make a turn and not only did they NOT signal but they take what seems like 5 mins. to make that turn.

There have been times (usually when I have had little to no sleep and no coffee) that I've had some vicious thoughts and wanted to key someone's car.

Oh and people bumping into me, not watching where they're going like they're the only person in the world and not say "excuse me" or "sorry". I encounter this with some teenage girls at the Galleria, urgh, I so wanted to stick out one of my foot and trip them. *evil laugh* But I didn't.
They were walking 4 side by side like they own the place and were walking right through groups of people.

What's worse than the self absorb teenagers are the guys who bump into me or try to walk over me, literally, okay so they're usually a lot taller than I am but hey, hello??? Uh down here, yeah, I'm short but I'm not invisible!

Apryl
02-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Mine are all language and grammer related, but here they are.

People who put adjectives on absolutes.

Example: “That is more unique than mine.” There is no such thing as “more unique” or “pretty unique”. Unique is an absolute. If it is unique there is nothing else like it period.

People who contradict themselves in a sentence.

Example: “I have a shirt that is exactly like that but a different color.” Then it’s NOT exactly like it is it.

People who pronounce the word “battery” like baddery. Those aren’t “D’s” people. It’s pronounced [bat-uh-ree]

tcdarcy7
02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
When buying coffee, and a friend insists on not having any, then end up drinking all mine..... urgh

Leiha
02-29-2008, 09:29 AM
It drives me up the wall when I let someone in my lane while driving and they don't give me a courtesy wave. The next car wanting in suffers my wrath, LOL.

I'll wave when someone lets me in and then once I'm in just to make sure they saw me wave.

Eris
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Mine is a little weird and needs a little explanation. In Winder there is a McDonalds that is at a corner right beside the red light. There are two ways out of it. One is where you come right up to where the red light is and you wait until someone is nice and lets you out. The second is, you circle around the building and go out just a few feet down from the red light but it's much easier to get out at.

People will wait at the first exit until someone lets them out then they will turn at the red light in the direction of the other exit and pass right by it. They could have save the 15 minutes they just waited to get out plus not cause me to have to get stuck at the red light! It takes 30 seconds to go around the building! It's not that hard people!

::sigh:: I'm better now.

Jenn
02-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Misspellings and grammatical errors, especially on business documents, in newspapers, or on TV.

People who don't use their turn signals.

People who stop in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store to chat, especially when the store is packed!

Cell phones in the movie theatre.

People who push by you in a store, either to get by you or to reach for something on a shelf. My normal response is: "You know, saying 'Excuse me' usually works wonders!"

Wow, I'm looking over my post and seeing the word 'people' an awful lot. I guess people in general just tend to piss me off, LOL!

christa3
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
It drives me up the wall when I let someone in my lane while driving and they don't give me a courtesy wave. The next car wanting in suffers my wrath, LOL.

I'll wave when someone lets me in and then once I'm in just to make sure they saw me wave.

ROFLMAO! Yes!! Although I can't picture you in a 'wrath' like state, I picture you giving the finger with that big grin on your face,LOL.

I really don't have too many, although my husband would vehemently disagree. My peeves with him don't count though :03:.

*parents who take their babies out in the sun with no hat or some other type of protection,

*gum snappers

*folks that always think the rules apply to everyone but themselves,

*ditto on Jenn's peeve of people in the store/grocery store who are in such a rush they practically knock you to the ground to get a box of cereal and then glare at YOU for daring to exist

okay, i'm getting all heated now.

Echo
02-29-2008, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=siggyj43;149381]

Passenger seat drivers.

QUOTE]

I'm guilty of this but I'm in a 12 step program.:65: In my defense if my husband would learn how to drive like an adult I wouldn't have a problem!

What bugs me (and this just happened this morning) is holding the door open for someone coming out and they don't even acknowledge you're there. Like it's my job to stand out in the cold while you walk out of Dunkin Donuts with your box of freakin doughnuts and coffees! And even if it was my job, you should still say thank you! It's ok, I pretended the old lady said thanks anyway and told her your welcome.

MissAmy
02-29-2008, 09:50 AM
I can't stand people who "KNOW" everything..Commonly known as the know-it-alls.

People who go shopping at a retail store and do not clean up after themselves.. Meaning, if you unfold a shirt at least try to refold it before leaving the table..Ok I'm very anal.

People who go to the bathroom while on their cell phone.

Cassandra
02-29-2008, 09:56 AM
I have to call my brothers (each of them because I have three) everyday! I just gotta make sure they're okay (I'mma good sister) I go to my house everyday at lunch to just make sure Mr. Tibbles (my kitten) is doing okay. I have to make my bed before I leave the house. Then of course I call Jason (mybf) just to say I love you!

bgmbrme
02-29-2008, 10:39 AM
pet peeves.... since working retail.. boy have they gotten worst..let's see..hmmm
most important one.... MEAN PEOPLE.. to both human and our furry friends!! NO EXCUSE on this one!!
1. rude people..in any situation, driving, talking,shopping.. as someone said before..Thank you is a wonderful word in all forms.. so people should use it more often!!
2.the expression: "you have no idea"... this seems to be used more lately by everyone, and what gets me is HOW does said person know if that person has no idea.. no one knows how bad/or what has happen to anybody to say that.. esp when one says " you have no idea how tired i am"... ( i always want to say back, yeah.. i've NEVER been tired!!lololol
3.people who don't realize a cell phone isn't the air they breath, and no i DON't want to hear about your business while i shop!! ( once in a store a women went into GRAPHIC detail on the phone about her gyno exam, like no one else could hear it) sheesh
4. People who think they are smarter than someone else. ( my mom always said "everyone is smart in their own way..ie.. some are book smart, some are street smart, some have the "gift of gab", etc
well, I have LOTS more, but these are my top one's!!:happy_face_waving:

irelandcastillo
02-29-2008, 10:47 AM
people who stare at my husband and i because we don't look like we should be together.(we live in the south and have a mixed race marriage)
people who say weird stuff to you when you are shopping and minding your own business (a man at the mall came and told me that i had a hot little girl, she was 5 he was at least 40)
parents who allow their 9 yr olds to bring a cell phone to school

visitors that never help out around the house unless i ask but have pretty much moved in

chaltom
02-29-2008, 11:15 AM
People who come into a restuarant 10 minutes before close and then stay for the next hour and a half. I'm sorry for me this is rude there are people there waiting to go home while they sit and chat which they could do elsewhere.

And it really bothers me when parents sit and chat and let there childern run wild. I see this way to often at the restuarant where I work and have seen kids get hurt because of this.

And this is my own little quirk but I hate it when my fellow empolees leave the keys in the locks on the money bags. I have no idea why but it bugs the pi$$ out of me.

MissAmy
02-29-2008, 11:25 AM
And it really bothers me when parents sit and chat and let there childern run wild. I see this way to often at the restuarant where I work and have seen kids get hurt because of this.

I know what you mean by parents let their kids run wild.. I work in retail and the other night this lady and her 5 kids.. The four oldest were running around ladies wear and langurie (missed spelled..just for you April), knocking everything off the racks. It looked like a tornado came throuugh. Here is the thing the mom was on the cell phone the whole entire time..Didn't say anything till the very last isle where the socks were.. And guess who had to clean it up?

Dageus'Lass
02-29-2008, 11:31 AM
People who stand or sit in front of you and asks "What are you eating?" I hate it hate it hate it

Also when people talk with food in their mouths ewwwww

Apryl
02-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I know what you mean by parents let their kids run wild.. I work in retail and the other night this lady and her 5 kids.. The four oldest were running around ladies wear and langurie (missed spelled..just for you April), knocking everything off the racks. It looked like a tornado came throuugh. Here is the thing the mom was on the cell phone the whole entire time..Didn't say anything till the very last isle where the socks were.. And guess who had to clean it up?

How did you know that I was feeling lonely over here in the bad speller's corner?

maryjane
02-29-2008, 11:43 AM
People who chew/talk with their mouth open and full of food. EW EW EW!
People who are loud noise makers when chewing their food...I just don't want to hear people eating, it sounds disgusting and makes me sick. I have one exception to this, my little nephew was born with a cleft lip and has a very hard time chewing his food quietly, I still get annoyed by it but I do not say anything to him because I understand his condition. (He will be having surgery this June. They are going to take bone from the little guys hip and put it in his gums. Poor kid, 4 days after school gets out, his summer vacation is ruined.)
People who are in a crowded store and stop in the middle of the aisle to chat with someone, making it impossible for anyone else to get by. That's just rude.
I'm sure there is more pet peeves, I just can't think of them right this minute. I'll get back with you all.

And if I spelled anything wrong or my punctuation is off...well too bad LOL I never said I could spell or type.

melissa
02-29-2008, 11:49 AM
People who take credit for ideas/work that are not their own - I used to work with a lady who did this, to the point that the rest of us would have to put our names all over everything and/or send out update emails: "just a reminder that I have completed the ...... and it is available for review" - such an annoying pain in the arse.

Copycats go along with this - just because something was fun/interesting/enjoyable from someone else doesn't mean you should do it too.

Bad phone manners - yes, cell phone user's, but more specifically when you are talking to someone on the phone and they are eating, or talking to someone else, running water, using the bathroom, etc. Seriously? You can't take two minutes our of your day to give me your attention and answer my question? If you didn't want to talk, let the answering machine pick up.

Beware_of_Italics
02-29-2008, 12:04 PM
- Rudeness
- Refusing to learn the language of the country you're living in.
- People that wear socks with sandals. :33:

Michelle*My*Belle
02-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Being in a restaurant and seeing someone blow their nose at the table.

Passenger seat drivers.

Smackers while eating, Ugh!!! I hate it.

There's more but at risk of looking like Felix Unger I will stop.

Smackers while eating!! My neice was eating dinner next to me in a resturant a few nights ago. The TV she was watching was to my left and she was on my right watching it. So basically she was watching it across me. About midway through the meal I leaned over to her and told her " It's like I'm eating with a COW." My DH nearly choked on his coke and my SIL was mortified. I just couldn't take it any longer!

Michelle*My*Belle
02-29-2008, 12:34 PM
People who are on their cell phone in public places speaking loud enough for EVERYONE to hear what they are saying.

People who borrow my books and bend the spine or dogear pages.

People who don't return borrowed books.

People who LIE!

People who don't get over when I'm trying to merge.

Waitresses who lean over me to p/u or hand something to someone else at the table. I DON'T want to smell armpit!

People who Bit*h non-stop about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

People who play their inappropriate music too loud.

Broken
02-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Okay, I know that this happens to be a wierd one...

People that ask you to "itch" and itch. You can NOT do that people. You have the ITCH so ask someone to SCRATCH it. That really frosts my hide.

Also people who walk out of a crowded room and then just stop and stand in the middle of an aisle or doorway. Then they look at you when you say "Excuse me" and have this expression like "that was rude".

People who walk slow.

Jeans that get tucked under their shoe tounges. I'll pull them out, even if I don't know you.

Aeris
02-29-2008, 03:59 PM

That's a big one for me too, Leiha... I feel like people should feel lucky that I let them in at all and to not get any kind of acknowledgment drives me insane... I swear sometimes I just wanna ram 'em! ESPECIALLY IN FLORIDA!

FLORIDA DRIVERS ARE THE WORST! lol

My other pet peeves include the following:

When you are walking along somewhere (work, mall, outside, whatever) and you see someone and either nod, smile or say 'hello' to them and you get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BACK. ugh.

I always nod and smile at people - including complete strangers. Just trying to pass around some courtesy I guess but I'll be darned if most of the jerks in this country can't even make eye contact.

People are so rude.

I also hate it when people use the wrong kind of there, their, they're or the wrong kind of to, too, two..

Broken
02-29-2008, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=Aeris;149787]
FLORIDA DRIVERS ARE THE WORST! lol QUOTE]

Aeris,
Im going to have to agree with you one that one. I dated a guy from Orlando, and I hated driving down there. Can you answer me a question why do people not know how to properly merge onto the 4? LOL. Sidenote..if you ever see a Ford Explorer with a New York Giants around the plate please feel free to ram into him....LOL.

Broken
02-29-2008, 04:37 PM
OH OH OH..I just thought of another one. When people ask you for a sip of your drink. I hate that. Get your own I dont want what you have lurking around in your mouth. How do I know where it has been? If someone just takes a sip (even my mom) I end up throwing it out and getting something new.

MissAmy
02-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Ok, I've been thinking about this all day and it's is my BIGGEST PET PEEVE EVER!! People who can not speak correct English.. I'm not talking about those who use it as a second language, but those whose family been here since the Mayflower. I can't stand it, I even have to correct them when they use the wrong word in a sentance. I mean we all went to English speaking schools and we were all some what taught the correct way of speaking English..But come on. Ok I'm done, venting.. Sorry if I offend anybody pm my and let me know , please don't post it here on the board...

melissa
02-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree Amy - I have a neighbor who always says "I seen you at...." Drives me crazy! I always want to say to her - no you didn't. The other one that gets me is when people say "Where are you at?" When my children say that, I always say to them "behind the at". Takes them a minute, then they correct themselves.

HopeChasez
02-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Ok, I've been thinking about this all day and it's is my BIGGEST PET PEEVE EVER!! People who can not speak correct English.. I'm not talking about those who use it as a second language, but those whose family been here since the Mayflower. I can't stand it, I even have to correct them when they use the wrong word in a sentance. I mean we all went to English speaking schools and we were all some what taught the correct way of speaking English..But come on. Ok I'm done, venting.. Sorry if I offend anybody pm my and let me know , please don't post it here on the board...

Me too!!! *high five* haha. I can't stand that either. And people who type all...messed up. lol or rofl and stuff I understand. but how difficult is it to type "you"...why do they have to use "u"...or say "wat" instead of what, "dat" instead of "that"...do they really think it's cool? o_O

Another one is the people who choose to come live in this country from somewhere, doesn't matter which country, and never learn ANY English...
I mean, come on...if you're going to live here, at least be able to communicate, right? Or am I being...err...linguistically racist?

QueenBoadica
02-29-2008, 05:46 PM
People who go to the bathroom while on their cell phone.

LOL, Amy, in my family we have a tradition of talking on the phone in the bathroom...I only do it with family, but I'll sit on the toilet and blab with my mom, what's funny is when I can tell she's doing the same thing.

People who take credit for ideas/work that are not their own - I used to work with a lady who did this, to the point that the rest of us would have to put our names all over everything and/or send out update emails: "just a reminder that I have completed the ...... and it is available for review" - such an annoying pain in the arse.

Oh, I hate that! I have a colleague who does that and I have stopped discussing things with him because he just steals my ideas! Be creative on your own! Geesh!

Copycats go along with this - just because something was fun/interesting/enjoyable from someone else doesn't mean you should do it too.

TOO TRUE!!! I have bits with my friends, like we call one guy grandpa, and it has to do with this long complicated story we had, so then this other person started calling him grandpa and it was just wrong! Not that I don't like this person, but we just don't have the same dynamic...you know, how things said from some people wouldn't offend you, but from others, no way! Not allowed.

But it's also the lack of originality! Every time you do something it loses some of it's spark. I don't understand why copy cats don't get that! Accept that we all have different talents and don't try to steal from others! Agh, annoying!

Oh, and people who honk at 7 am to pick up someone...friggin walk the 5 feet to the door, it's 7 am, some of us want to sleep in!

Beware_of_Italics
02-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Two more --

When someone calls on the phone and they know you're busy cooking dinner, shopping, etc. and still they keep on talking... about nothing.

Also telemarketers calling in the middle of cooking dinner.

tempest
02-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Hmmm.....where do I start???

1)When someone runs into or over you and THEN says excuse me as if that fixes it! :a23:

2)People who don't supervise and correct their own children and allow them to act like brats in public. I have my own children to take care of, take care of yours! :31:

3)When you go to a PG or R rated movie and someone brings their very young child (who cries or talks the whole time) because they were too cheap to get a babysitter! :th_duhhhh-vi:

4)People who think that the rules are only there for everyone else and don't apply to them. :11:

HopeChasez
02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
ooh ooh...

and a group of people who walk in a horizontal line on the sidewalk...and then walk really really slowly. >=P

QueenBoadica
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Hmmm.....where do I start???

1)When someone runs into or over you and THEN says excuse me as if that fixes it! :a23:

2)People who don't supervise and correct their own children and allow them to act like brats in public. I have my own children to take care of, take care of yours! :31:

3)When you go to a PG or R rated movie and someone brings their very young child (who cries or talks the whole time) because they were too cheap to get a babysitter! :th_duhhhh-vi:

4)People who think that the rules are only there for everyone else and don't apply to them. :11:

Ditto all of the above...You know, there was actually a couple with a toddler in the Grindhouse movies when I went to see them...it's 4 hours and melting zombies and homicidal maniacs! Yeah, that's a good idea!

Oh, and the rules thing! Ticks me off every time. My sister still does that. She'll steal my stuff but the minute I touch anything of hers, she'll scream to my mom like she's three. Have a colleague too who will play his music so loud on his iPod we can all sing along to the songs, but if we make any noises while he's on the phone or talking to some one, he has a cow! Common courtesy, buddy, learn it!

Liberty
02-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Ditto on the cell phone thing and parents letting their kids run wild.

I hate it, especially when I'm at a resturant and some kid is running around and runs into me and the parents look at me like it's my fault.

Another pet peeve, people who text in movies or talk to their friend in the middle of a movie.

They think people can't hear them but I can hear that "click click click", urgh!

Ooh and parents who bring their kids or babies to an "R" rated movie and the baby starts crying after a loud scene. Even worse, parents who bring their kids and/or baby to a a very late movie (anything past 11pm). Are you serious?! Aren't they suppose to be in bed?

Apryl
02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
I agree Amy - I have a neighbor who always says "I seen you at...." Drives me crazy! I always want to say to her - no you didn't. The other one that gets me is when people say "Where are you at?" When my children say that, I always say to them "behind the at". Takes them a minute, then they correct themselves.

That is one of my mom's biggest pet peeves. Growing up, whenever we ended a sentence with "at", like "Where's it at?", she would say "Between the a and the t." Now it bother's me to hear people do that, also.

siggyj43
02-29-2008, 08:41 PM
One more, I hate hate hate it when you are standing in line at the grocery store and someone stands so close to you until you can feel their breath on you. I want to turn around and say have you ever heard of personal space?? dufus?:31:

irelandcastillo
02-29-2008, 08:53 PM
people who pee pee on public seats and don't clean it up. GROSS!!!

Dageus'Lass
02-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Here is another one that bugs the hell out of me

When you are watching a movie a friend and they interrupt (sp) by saying oh sh!t did you see that. Obviously since I am watching the same damm movie as you

Bengal
02-29-2008, 10:42 PM
* This one is a work peeve i work in a vet clinic and went people don't put their dog on a leash and let their dog use the waiting room as a toilet and make no attempt to stop said pet! Arrggh
* Oh another work one people that answer their phones in a consult and proceed to have a full on conversation wasting my time and the next person waiting!
* Rude people - no need for it..
* People that talk through movies, then ask you what happened!
well that's my vent! :)

HopeChasez
02-29-2008, 10:59 PM
ooh ooh...here's another

when you're halfway through a movie...or watching a series tv show...and someone who hasn't seen the beginning comes to join you, and proceeds to ask you a billion and one questions about the whos, whats, wheres, and whys.

it's called watch the movie...or at least wait til commercial!

christa3
03-01-2008, 09:01 AM
One more, I hate hate hate it when you are standing in line at the grocery store and someone stands so close to you until you can feel their breath on you. I want to turn around and say have you ever heard of personal space?? dufus?:31:

Dufus?!? ROFLMFAO!! I was grocery shopping the other day, trying to pick out some chicken, and this couple was in such a rush for me to get out of their way that she pushed her cart up diagnol behind me pinning me in! I couldn't get out without pushing their wagon. So I said excuse me, no reply, excuse me, no reply, EXCUSE ME. The wife still ignores me but the husband finally moves the cart, so I move out and say something loud ( I don't remember what) and he has the nerve to glare at me!!! I just don't understand what is the big rush these days.

melissa
03-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I will add my two cents about both parents who don't control their young children and rude people at the grocery store - because I encounted both at once last night.

There is a woman at the grocery store with her son, Cody, who is about 4 yo. I know his name is Cody because she kept saying it - loudly. First, she was allowing him to push the cart -slowly and erratically down the middle of the aisle. I can't get around him. So I follow slowly, through produce, through the deli, toward dairy - where I was finally able to get the milk I went in for and get around him. So I pick up a few other items and go get in line. I am standing there minding my own business, when up comes Cody, still pushing the cart - right into my heels. Ouch. No word from the mother. He hits me with the cart again, still no word from the mother. Then Cody decides he wants candy, so he PUSHES ON MY BUTT to get me to move out of his way to get the candy. No word from Mom about say excuse me or anything like that - just, No Cody, no candy. Guess who got candy, after he GRABBED MY BUTT AGAIN?

By the time I was able to get checked out and leave, I didn't know who I wanted to hit more, Cody for being obnoxious or his mother for allowing it.

And yes, I do know that 4 year olds, really have no sense of personal space, but his mother certainly does and he should have been instructed to keep his hands off of me or at the very least apologize for hitting me with the cart that he should not have been pushing.

javafroggi
03-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Ugh. When somebody DOESN'T blow their nose and just sniffles it up and you can hear all the snot rummaging around in their head. GROSS.

And cell phones in movies

And crappy drivers

And and...stupid jerk heads!

Yeah.

Saint
03-01-2008, 11:52 AM
my main pet peeve is stupid drivers. Thats when i swear at them. What about driving down the highway behind a slow person, you go around them, they speed up, you slow down they slow down, then I usually end up going 75 miles an hour just to get away from them. then they slow way down. arrrrh stupid freaking driver. That is why there is still road rage out there.

diana
03-01-2008, 11:57 AM
my pain pet peeve is when you've been working all day and when you come home the house looks like a storm went through it but everyone looks at you like you lost your mind when you flip ahhhhhhhh
heres one more when you are at the drive through for the bank and the car ahead of you can't seem to find there card so they just stay there instead of just going around again waited almost 20 minutes the other day with 5 cars behind me turned out the lady didn't even have her card

bgmbrme
03-01-2008, 01:10 PM
i too just thought of another pet peeve
now, before that, just let me say.. I'm a smoker ( unfortunately) however having said that.. i HATE a smoker who throw their butts out the car window, or throw them on the ground.....no excuse.. it's littering......MOST stores have some sort of ashtray to place the butts in, and for a car, get a removable ashtray if you don't want to use the one your car has...or even take a used water/plastic bottle with a little bit of water in it, and cap it.
That commercial a long time ago with the native American with the tear rolling down his face REALLY left an impression... so please DON'T LITTER!!!
Also, along the same lines ( only because smokers KNOW they should quit).. doctors who tell people they need to lose weight.. like heavy people don't KNOW that already????
I recently had a neurologist tell my husband ( of 25 yrs mind ya).." well you DO know she's a bit chunky".. we just looked at eachother and i said "damn, and here ALL these years i thought i was petite!!!
GRRRRR..I can't stand ANY doctors anymore!!!.. esp the way WOMEN get treated!!!! grrrrr again, and double GRRRR

Beware_of_Italics
03-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I have another one: People who have pets but don't take proper care of them. I have a few neighbors like this, and it drives me crazy!

Teresa
03-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Here are a few of mine:

people who go out to eat a a restaurant and then proceed to talk on their cell phone the whole time.

when one of my roommates comes into the kitchen when I'm cooking and asks me what I'm making (she does this alot when I'm making spaghetti and pizza).

people who don't take the lint out of the filter when they are done with the clothes dryer.

people who make snide or rude comments about the fact that I happen to ride a Harley-Davidson motorcycle as though I'm a rotten person (I'm not) or think I belong to the Hell's Angels (I don't).

People making rude or snide comments about my tattoos ( I have one of the Taz and on of Cinderella in her ballgown). Hey, they are mild and I don't go flaunting them around.

cymbralass
03-02-2008, 12:36 AM
I am a medical debt collector at a law firm so most of mine come from that:

When people tell me they shouldnt have to pay their medical bills because its free in every other country... my "automated response" is, if you don't like the laws then write to your congressman. but what I really want to say is THEN FREAKING MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY OR DONT GO TO THE ER BECAUSE YOU HAD A LITTLE COUGH!!

also when people say they dont have any money when i can hear you smoking (whered you get the money for that) or say you cant blood out of a turnip. i sweetly say, well you are not a turnip right?? :anim_naughty-vi:

janna7
03-02-2008, 10:14 AM
People you work in the service sector - Customer Service, waitress, retail sales, anyone who serves the public who DO NOT know the definition of Customer Service and the Customer comes first....burns me up.

Scout
03-02-2008, 12:48 PM
OH LORDIE! I have way tooo many to post! I would sound like a picky a$$! My husband tells me all the time that its a wonder I can put up with myself! Which I don't do very well! LOL!! Lets see if I can sum it up. Mean, close minded, snoby, stupid, hypocritical, people. OH and not JUST snoby, the "eeeww, don't touch me, your dirty" snoby! People who make fun of less fortunate people, I couldn't even BEGIN to tell you how many fight I have been in for that one. Inconsiderate, people who think of themselves only! OOOOOOH! People who are in the fast lane and going the same speed as the person next to them in the slow lane! UUUUUGGGGHHHH! That drives me balistic! The list goes on, but those are the major setter off'ers!

siggyj43
03-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Dufus?!? ROFLMFAO!! I was grocery shopping the other day, trying to pick out some chicken, and this couple was in such a rush for me to get out of their way that she pushed her cart up diagnol behind me pinning me in! I couldn't get out without pushing their wagon. So I said excuse me, no reply, excuse me, no reply, EXCUSE ME. The wife still ignores me but the husband finally moves the cart, so I move out and say something loud ( I don't remember what) and he has the nerve to glare at me!!! I just don't understand what is the big rush these days.

What is the rush?! They take the rude factor to a new low. Just today I went to the grocery store and as I was putting my items on the counter a man was looking at my food...NOSEY! So I just found another pet peeve:a20:

Dageus'Lass
03-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Here's another one when you are on the phone talking to your friend and then someone comes in your room and starts talking to you HELLOOOO I'm on the freaking phone are deaf or are you blind sheesh

CelticMorwen
03-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Lately, I've noticed that people don't listen. I get cut off in mid sentence and it's usually by someone who then talks about some totally different subject which tells me they didn't hear a word I said. It really ticks me off. And also, people who do something rude or stupid, then can't figure out why you're mad, then think it must be your fault. Ugh...stupidity should be painful.

Teresa
03-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Men who think that being a female equates no brain for intelligent thinking.

Relatives who think just cause I'm female means I should be married, barefoot and pregnant.

irelandcastillo
03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
making your family a meal and then by the time you sit down, the kids want more, the husband is done and watching tv again and wants you to bring him a drink and to top it all off, your food is cold when you finally get to sit down.

oh, and then you get to clean the kitchen when your done cuz no one else will do it

cymbralass
03-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah, when im on the elevator and im the ONLY one and someone else gets on and goes to the back of the elevator and says "9" like im the friggin elevator attendant!!! i am usually wearing dressy womens clothes and carrying my purse and whatever other crap i take to work and im not wearing any bellhop hat. ohh that drives me nuts. i just say... um your fingers arent broken!

siggyj43
03-02-2008, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=siggyj43;149381]

Passenger seat drivers.

QUOTE]

I'm guilty of this but I'm in a 12 step program.:65: In my defense if my husband would learn how to drive like an adult I wouldn't have a problem!

What bugs me (and this just happened this morning) is holding the door open for someone coming out and they don't even acknowledge you're there. Like it's my job to stand out in the cold while you walk out of Dunkin Donuts with your box of freakin doughnuts and coffees! And even if it was my job, you should still say thank you! It's ok, I pretended the old lady said thanks anyway and told her your welcome.

I totally understand:03:

siggyj43
03-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Smackers while eating!! My neice was eating dinner next to me in a resturant a few nights ago. The TV she was watching was to my left and she was on my right watching it. So basically she was watching it across me. About midway through the meal I leaned over to her and told her " It's like I'm eating with a COW." My DH nearly choked on his coke and my SIL was mortified. I just couldn't take it any longer!

I hate that, I used to tell my EX-husband can you not breathe and eat too I had to have one or the other. I think he did it just to get a rise out of me:31: Because he still does when I see him. What a jerk!

Michelle*My*Belle
03-03-2008, 07:53 AM
I have another one: People who have pets but don't take proper care of them. I have a few neighbors like this, and it drives me crazy!

Is your siggy pic from A Garden In the Rain??

Michelle*My*Belle
03-03-2008, 07:58 AM
making your family a meal and then by the time you sit down, the kids want more, the husband is done and watching tv again and wants you to bring him a drink and to top it all off, your food is cold when you finally get to sit down.

oh, and then you get to clean the kitchen when your done cuz no one else will do it

Sounds like my dinner table. By the time my food is cold, I'm good and fired up. I will start giving orders. Andy, put the dirty dishes in the sink. Sam stop trying to eat your fist, you aren't starving. Scott will you put the food in the fridge for me? Usually by the time I'm done giving orders and done eating the kitchen is ready for me to clean.
It sometimes feels like my job is NEVER done.:a20:

Michelle*My*Belle
03-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Men who think that being a female equates no brain for intelligent thinking.

Relatives who think just cause I'm female means I should be married, barefoot and pregnant.

You're not kidding. I have relatives who thought that I couldn't possibly know what I was talking about UNTIL I became married.
Speaking of relatives, my own father still talks down to me because I don't have a college degree. He has his masters and my DH has his, so my DH MUST know more than me. My LACK of degree is ALWAYS thrown in my face. Or my father will ALWAYS bring up how rotten of a teen I was. ALWAYS. As if my OWN guilt over my teen years wasn't enough, I have to be reminded. Apologies don't work. It's like he LIVES to not forgive me.

Beware_of_Italics
03-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Is your siggy pic from A Garden In the Rain??

Yep! I found the picture and then rid the text from it in PS. I've always thought that was a pretty bookcover.

Michelle*My*Belle
03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I totally agree. You really did make it look so dreamlike. I think I will reread that book this weekend.

stormsandsins
03-04-2008, 02:13 PM

How about smackers while chewing gum?

I was in the metro the other day, minding my own business, when this guy sits down in front of me, proceeds to stare at me like I'm this interesting biology project, and chews his gum like a bloody cow.

HATE THAT!

Beware_of_Italics
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks, Michelle, but there really was no effort involved in making that one. :p I wish I could say that there was.

Another pet peeve: Pets being so darned expensive at the pet store! They need homes and often have health issues (kennel cough at least), yet they're $800 and up! And that's before getting their shots/spaying/ buying supplies. I sooo wanted to take home that little puppy today.

Michelle*My*Belle
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks, Michelle, but there really was no effort involved in making that one. :p I wish I could say that there was.

Another pet peeve: Pets being so darned expensive at the pet store! They need homes and often have health issues (kennel cough at least), yet they're $800 and up! And that's before getting their shots/spaying/ buying supplies. I sooo wanted to take home that little puppy today.

You know, it's funny you posted this. We are in the process of buying a dog and I was thinking of all of the puppies in pet stores. I REFUSE to buy a dog from any pet store because I think and have read they come from puppy mills. It's SOOOooo hard because of their soulful, sorrowful eyes. They are just begging to be loved. They are scared, unhealthy(not always) and lonely. BUT the BIT*H of the situation is that if I buy JUST ONE, I feel that I am supporting that type of beginning for them.

I COULD BE WRONG in ASSUMING that what I read about pet shops and puppymills is right. PETA seems to think the two are linked.

Beware_of_Italics
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
You know, it's funny you posted this. We are in the process of buying a dog and I was thinking of all of the puppies in pet stores. I REFUSE to buy a dog from any pet store because I think and have read they come from puppy mills. It's SOOOooo hard because of their soulful, sorrowful eyes. They are just begging to be loved. They are scared, unhealthy(not always) and lonely. BUT the BIT*H of the situation is that if I buy JUST ONE, I feel that I am supporting that type of beginning for them.

I COULD BE WRONG in ASSUMING that what I read about pet shops and puppymills is right. PETA seems to think the two are linked.

We've rescued dogs from lots of places before, and almost always have they been mistreated at one point - not always where you're buying them - or have health problems. One of our poor dogs (Bambi) we rescued from a puppy mill on Christmas Eve. We spent the entire day at my grandmother's house, bathing Bambi and picking fleas and ants off her with a pair of tweezers. (Yes, they were that bad). She literally fell asleep in our lap.

What I can't stand are how expensive they can be, but expensive or not they all need homes and I'm afraid puppy mills, etc. are here to stay. I do think that the furkids we're destined to have be a part of our family will find their way to us. I believe this 100%. They don't come to us just by accident.

Another pet peeve: People that are loud and don't turn off their cell phones in a movie theater.

natsurd
03-05-2008, 09:28 PM
this is a good one... I like this thread.

1- people who take their children to restaurants and don't make them behave. After I paid for a babysitter. It makes me mad that my night was ruined AND I paid a babysitter.

2-People who leave clothes they've tried on in a dressing room. Too rude!

3-Drivers who don't signal... or obey traffic laws. It's like they think their the only ones on the road. Urg.

4-If you hold the door open for someone and then they don't acknowlegde it. A quick thank you would do.

5-Talking in the movies. Arriving late to a show and taking forever to find their seat. It's always the row in front of me. Just seems that way.

6-Diving in the fast lane on the highway - going under the speed limit. WTF?

Echo
03-05-2008, 09:40 PM
This may have been mentioned before, but it's really irritating when someone posts a message like a text on a board (it was not here, somewhere else). It could be just me and the fact that I'm firmly entrenched in my 30's, but I couldn't understand what the hell this person was talking about! I consider myself a pretty savvy person, I mean I'm here for cripes sakes, but come on! How are the young people (oh crap now I sound like my damn grandmother - i love the young people) supposed to learn how to communicate properly if you can't type out a whole freakin' sentence? I undertand some abbreviations are necessary, like the ones we use around here, but the whole sentence is just a foreign language to me. Sorry for the rant, I'm gonna go take my teeth out to soak and put my cane up for the night so I can get up early for breakfast at the cafeteria and maybe if I'm lucky I'll find a nice young person to rub my bunions for me for a quarter.

Teresa
03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
1)Bike riders on the sidewalk. I almost got run over by one yhet again today. ERRR!!!!!

2)Roommates who expect me to feed them when I'm making my own dinner. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't on a regular basis or she offered to help with the groceries.

3)People constantly asking to borrow money. Hey learn how to budget your own money so your not broke within a week after payday.

amberplumeria
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
people who stare at my husband and i because we don't look like we should be together.(we live in the south and have a mixed race marriage)

I hate this, too. My fiance is white (I'm black) and we've been out and black guys will come up to me and proceed to hit on me or whatever like my fiance isn't STANDING there beside me I've actually gotten to the point where I will just say something if I feel like they're looking at me funny, like "can I help you?" or "do you not SEE my hand in his pocket? what, did you think he was my BROTHER?"

Other pet peeves:

People who get in front of me on the freeway JUST because I drive a minivan without taking note of the fact that I'm going five or ten over the speed limit and then go five under.

People who stand abreast on escalators. STAND on the right and walk on the left, hello!

People who make messes in stores and don't clean it up...especially people who will stand there and WATCH the person folding the sweaters or whatever and walk behind them unfolding EVERYTHING. Why would you think that the small looks any different than the extra-small? The design is the same, and even if you want to compare the sizes, it only takes ONE small and ONE extra small to do that, not all of them.

This is a common one: people who let their kids run WILD in public. Especially when they can see that the kids are doing something clearly inappropriate, like knocking things off shelves in a store, running wild in a sit-down restaurant, or messing around in a movie.

I also HATE seeing grammatical/spelling errors. Especially mistakes with homonyms.

Lastly, this one is more personal than general, but I REALLY REALLY hate it when people say things to me like "you speak so well," like it's a surprise that I can speak proper English. Or when assume that I got something because of Affirmative Action rather than because I earned it through hard work and talent, like getting into OU and my scholarships. People have said to my face "oh, you only got in/got that scholarship because of AA" and I reply, "oh, the fact that I got a 1400 on the SAT had NOTHING to do with it, then? What did YOU get on the SAT? People are also ridiculously surprised when they find out that I was in AP/Honors classes and am not from the inner-city. And I HATE HATE HATE it when people look at the one or two black people in class whenever something like drugs, welfare, jail or affirmative action is mentioned, like we ALL know all about those subjects.

Michelle*My*Belle
03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I hate this, too. My fiance is white (I'm black) and we've been out and black guys will come up to me and proceed to hit on me or whatever like my fiance isn't STANDING there beside me I've actually gotten to the point where I will just say something if I feel like they're looking at me funny, like "can I help you?" or "do you not SEE my hand in his pocket? what, did you think he was my BROTHER?"

Other pet peeves:

People who get in front of me on the freeway JUST because I drive a minivan without taking note of the fact that I'm going five or ten over the speed limit and then go five under.

People who stand abreast on escalators. STAND on the right and walk on the left, hello!

People who make messes in stores and don't clean it up...especially people who will stand there and WATCH the person folding the sweaters or whatever and walk behind them unfolding EVERYTHING. Why would you think that the small looks any different than the extra-small? The design is the same, and even if you want to compare the sizes, it only takes ONE small and ONE extra small to do that, not all of them.

This is a common one: people who let their kids run WILD in public. Especially when they can see that the kids are doing something clearly inappropriate, like knocking things off shelves in a store, running wild in a sit-down restaurant, or messing around in a movie.

I also HATE seeing grammatical/spelling errors. Especially mistakes with homonyms.

Lastly, this one is more personal than general, but I REALLY REALLY hate it when people say things to me like "you speak so well," like it's a surprise that I can speak proper English. Or when assume that I got something because of Affirmative Action rather than because I earned it through hard work and talent, like getting into OU and my scholarships. People have said to my face "oh, you only got in/got that scholarship because of AA" and I reply, "oh, the fact that I got a 1400 on the SAT had NOTHING to do with it, then? What did YOU get on the SAT? People are also ridiculously surprised when they find out that I was in AP/Honors classes and am not from the inner-city. And I HATE HATE HATE it when people look at the one or two black people in class whenever something like drugs, welfare, jail or affirmative action is mentioned, like we ALL know all about those subjects.

Please don't look at my grammatical errors. I'm afraid that my posts are littered with them. I am very good with Literature but can't write worth a da*n.

My son is in first grade and in his school they refer to each other as peach and brown. I hope that his generation will see less racial barriers. It's sorry that we are in the 2000's and still judge books by their cover. IE: Sex, color, religion or race. Shamefully, I've done it too.

I think that AA would have been the last thought in my head. (Basically because I know what it is but don't know the ins and outs of it.) My jaw would have dropped for your SAT score though. Not dropped because you got it and happen to be of color (assuming that your pic. is your baby pic) but IMPRESSED because you got a 1400. That's FANTASTIC!! My score doesn't even need to be brought up.

Bottom line, I think that change may be on the horizon. A few apple carts may be tipped over and a few boats may be rocked but sometimes change is good.

I'm not sure why I just said all of that. I am sure that it makes some folks mad though. Not intended to. Just saying what's on my mind.

fantasydragon
03-06-2008, 04:38 PM

OMG! I agree with you 100%! My cousins always laugh at me when I call my aunt in SC. They tell me that I sound like a 'white girl' (no offense to anyone, but that is what they tell me). It always bothered me too when people ask where I ranked when I graduated high school, I tell them in the top 10 and they look astonished! What? Am I not supposed to be in the top 10 but near the bottom of my class? And do not look surprised when I say that I never missed a day of class since I started pre-K and graduated high school! I love going to school and learning!

Another pet peeve of mine, not sure if somone has said this, but people that do not use their blinkers when driving! You have a freaking NEW vehicle (no plates on it yet) and you are telling me that the blinker is faulty!?!? aaarrrggghhh I oughta "bump" into you on purpose each time until you get this point -- when turning right, use left hand to flip switch up so that those behind you KNOW you are turning right! When turning left, use same hand to flip switch down so that those behind you know you are turning left!

Sighs. I have said my piece...lol

amberplumeria
03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Please don't look at my grammatical errors. I'm afraid that my posts are littered with them. I am very good with Literature but can't write worth a da*n.

My son is in first grade and in his school they refer to each other as peach and brown. I hope that his generation will see less racial barriers. It's sorry that we are in the 2000's and still judge books by their cover. IE: Sex, color, religion or race. Shamefully, I've done it too.

I think that AA would have been the last thought in my head. (Basically because I know what it is but don't know the ins and outs of it.) My jaw would have dropped for your SAT score though. Not dropped because you got it and happen to be of color (assuming that your pic. is your baby pic) but IMPRESSED because you got a 1400. That's FANTASTIC!! My score doesn't even need to be brought up.

Bottom line, I think that change may be on the horizon. A few apple carts may be tipped over and a few boats may be rocked but sometimes change is good.

I'm not sure why I just said all of that. I am sure that it makes some folks mad though. Not intended to. Just saying what's on my mind.

I don't judge grammar on message boards like these, lol. I tend to use "correct" spelling and grammar because I know how to type the way they teach in keyboarding, and it's just faster for me that way. I do it in instant messaging as well, and tell my friends off when they say stuff like "ur," I say "are you referring to the ancient Mesopotamian city-state?" But I do know that some people have to think about that stuff, so when they're not doing anything formal they let it slide. My biggest annoyanc when it comes to that is people who will send stuff to someone working on a group project or something with them and not bother to run spelling/grammar check or when people send really informal emails to professors or supervisors.

As for the racism I deal with on a pretty much daily basis at school....well, it's something that is bound to come up when you are one of 1000 assorted racial minorities on a campus of 20,000, many of these students who have never encountered a black person in real life before outside of some kind of sporting event. And with school being so expensive these days, I can understand being a little resentful of someone who is on scholarship, but what bothers me is that they ASSUME that I got a scholarship because I'm black. There are scholarships for underrepresented groups and I do have one, but a) the majority of my scholarships are academic and/or need based (as is the one for minorities and; b) ALL the scholarships for minorities require a higher gpa/class standing to qualify as an incoming freshman AND require a higher gpa to be maintained once you get here.

I also think change is coming (unfortunately NOT with my fiance's parents, but whatever). When I was in the sixth grade, we had "kindergarten buddies" and one day we were helping them color pictures and several of the children colored ALL the people in their pictures brown because "we're not the same color of the paper" and there weren't any of the lighter flesh/earth toned crayons in the boxes we had. The teacher went to the principal's office and got authorization to buy a bunch of people-colored crayons and markers, and when the school board heard about this, they sent it out in the monthly newsletter that all parents who had children in the public schools got. It still brings a tear to my eye. Especially when I'm down here dealing with the crap that we have down here. The soon to be former editor of our school paper told me and some other girls in my student organization that he "knows all about black hair because he wrote a five-page paper for his African American Studies class" when we brought allegations of racism in the paper to the administration's attention.

jeant
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I hate hate hate little mouth smackey noises!!! Makes my hair stand on end!! I have several already mentioned but there is one that just drives me NUTS!!! I know it is crazy but I CAN NOT stand loose hair-on clothes, on furniture, or still on the head. I just can not stand loose hairs!!!

Dageus'Lass
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
When people make those slurping noises while having soup gahhhhh

LisK
03-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Reading through all these new posts on here - and amberplumeria, I gotta say -
WOW - 1400 on your SAT!!! Congratulations!!! I have a son who's a junior in HS and is going to be taking the ACT & SAT here soon - I can only pray that he could come close to making a score like that!!!

All I'm going to say about people who make assumptions like what you face - and I'm quoting someone on this board, I can't remember who said it - but ignorance is NOT bliss!!! You just keep doing what you're doing, work hard, study hard, enjoy your college life, and do what you want with your life. You sound like you have it all together, you have a great fiance, and as my mother always used to tell me, you can do or be anything you want to be. I agree with Michelle - it's sad that here we are in 2008 and people still judge based on race, religion, gender, etc. So let's just get out there and show them how really stupid that is!!!

Guess that would be a pet peeve of mine - someone who tries to act superior, when really they're not.

WeeJamie
03-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I thought I would try something different. Name some of your pet peeves ladies and gents

My bed MUST be made in the morning or I won't sleep in it.

When you're driving and someone cuts in front of you and then slows down aghhhh I hate it

RUBBERNECKERS!! it drives me up the wall

When people talk during a movie
I think we're twins! My answers are all the same as yours.

Karla
03-06-2008, 09:52 PM
my pet peeves...um most of the ones that have been listed here from everyone else, along with about a million others. lol (boy it's a good thing i don't go out much) but my #1 is people who leave their freakin turn signal on WHEN THEY AINT FREAKIN TURNING!!!!!! :anim_furious-vi:omg that just irks me to death. and it doesn't help that their signal is all i can think about so i keep turning mine off and on to help them get the message, which they never seem to do, so it's almost like it's rubbing off on me...i want a loud speaker on my car so i can holler at people when their driving bugs me.

Dageus'Lass
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
When you are talking and someone is trying to correct you grrrrr it pisses me off soooo much

Nala147
03-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I don´t like the text menssage language, sorry, but is dificult to understand it,
I like to have always my hands clean, but more than that, I think I can live with mostly of the others, (people to don´t signal in a turn?, then NEVER EVER try to drive in Spain, I swear they don´t know what a blinkers is for :D)

ok I need to add one more, when I drive I Hate the passenger telling me all time what to do, My mother and sister use to do that all the time I drive, and drive e nuts,

Jenney
03-08-2008, 11:29 AM
When I'm reading and someone looks at me and says excuse me are you busy? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:52: HEEELLLOOOO WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?

Anita
03-08-2008, 02:45 PM
People chewing with their mouth open.
When you can hear a person eat.
Rudeness
People that that makes jokes about horrible tragic things that have happened in history. NOT FUNNY
When the tag is sticking up in someones clothes
When people walk slow (This excludes people like the elderly that can't walk fast I understand that, but if you can walk fast and choose to be a d*ck then MOVE)
People that sit at a table and blow their nose
People that spit in public and don't try to be discreet about it.
People that sit at dinner, on a date or just with friends and talk on their phone!
People that hate animals.

I could go on

Beware_of_Italics
03-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I just now ran into another one:

- People that go out of their way to hurl an insult at someone just because they can. Backhanded compliments.

Also, people that demand special treatment. 'Holier-than-thou' people.

Century Child
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Let's see...

~ People who fold the pages of books instead of using a bookmark.
~ People who break the spines of books/fold the book in half while reading it.
~ Prosti-tots and their parents.
~ People who chew on their toe nail clippings.
~ Bands that classify themselves as "Indie". "Indie" is an economic statis, not a genre! ARGH!
~ People who think they're better than everyone else because only 10 other people in the whole world listen to the same bands as them.
~ "Noise" music
~ People who think Harry Potter is evil.
~ People who try to force their religious beliefs on others.
~ People who say that certain bands suck without giving valid reasons as to WHY they think a band sucks. For example, I do not particularly like country music, but that is because I do not like the instrumentation or the vocalization. Some people I've met will be like "So-and-so sucks because they just suck!" Ugh.

diana
03-26-2008, 08:37 PM
lol i like the way you think century child lol

i've never heard of biting on their toe nails but i think that would bother the heck out of me lol

Century Child
03-26-2008, 09:01 PM
My mother chews on her toe nail clippings...it grosses me out. Ugh.:34:

diana
03-26-2008, 11:05 PM
ok that is just gross why do they chew there toe nails if you don't mind me asking lol

Beware_of_Italics
03-26-2008, 11:10 PM
All right, that's sick. I've seen my father pick at his toes and that alone disgusts me. I guess he throws them on the floor to feed the dogs?

Okay, I just grossed myself out. :34:

tempest
03-26-2008, 11:13 PM
All right, that's sick. I've seen my father pick at his toes and that alone disgusts me. I guess he throws them on the floor to feed the dogs?

EWWWWW!!! :th_puke:

Century Child
03-26-2008, 11:37 PM
ok that is just gross why do they chew there toe nails if you don't mind me asking lol
I have absolutely noooooooooo idea...

Burgandijane
03-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Let us see.

Loud food/gum chewers. *Smack Smack Smack Smack*

Drink/soup slurpers. In some cultures it's a compliment to slurp. In our culture its just plain rude.

Nail biters. It makes this horrible noise. Ugh.

Unsupervised children running amok, anywhere. These children are your responsibility people, act like it!

Leg shakers. You know the ones I'm talking about. The people who shake the entire room with their shaky leg. I'm actually guilty of this one but I try to stop myself.

Snifflers. The folks who don't blow their nose and sniffle away. Gross.

Blowers. The folks who do blow their noses... right at the dinner table.

The interrupters. The people who interrupt you because whatever they have to say is much more important than what you have to say, obviously.

The opinionator. Their opinion counts. You have to listen to it. They will tell you. You will hear it. There might even be a quiz on it tomorrow, so you better pay attention to them!

The I'ers. I'm rather laid back when it comes to speech and grammar, but the people who say "It's Daniel and I's car..." or "Are you coming over to Daniel and I's new apartment." RAWRRRRR! NO NO BAD! That's the one thing that will send me into a frenzy! They do it to sound smart and it's just WRONG!

Dageus'Lass
03-30-2008, 06:12 PM
boys who wear there pants below their butt makes me wants to go behind them and pull it up myself ugghh

Achaius
03-30-2008, 06:50 PM

*gags in sympathy*

amberplumeria
03-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I have to admit I'm a leg shaker and a page folder...I've lost soo many bookmarks it's ridiculous. I will use something to mark the page if I have it, but sometimes I don't have anything and I refuse to buy any more bookmarks. When I get books from the library, I use the receipt they give with the due dates on it....that way I have NO EXCUSE for forgetting when they're due. I only fold the pages of paperbacks, though...usually with hardbound books I use the dust jacket to mark the page.

Guys who sag make me want to pull their pants down. I know it's wrong, but if their pants were at their waists where they BELONG, I wouldn't be ABLE to pull them down, now would I?

Beware_of_Italics
04-03-2008, 01:27 AM
- People that NEGLECT THEIR ANIMALS! I have a neighbor that does this. Why did they get 2 dogs if they're just going to ignore them? (I witnessed this again today).

- People that do Amazon book reviews or visit any celebrity's board where all they ever do is slam them. To me, that's no different than being invited into their parlor and then ridiculing the decoration. :a20:

- Do toe rings count? :33:

amberplumeria
04-03-2008, 08:42 PM
- People that NEGLECT THEIR ANIMALS! I have a neighbor that does this. Why did they get 2 dogs if they're just going to ignore them? (I witnessed this again today).

- People that do Amazon book reviews or visit any celebrity's board where all they ever do is slam them. To me, that's no different than being invited into their parlor and then ridiculing the decoration. :a20:

- Do toe rings count? :33:

I don't mind negative ratings on books/movies/music as long as the heckler has actually read/seen/heard what they're reviewing; sometimes it helps me out if I'm torn between two things. But going to someone's website and bashing them is so obnoxious. I see that a lot on facebook-someone will make a group about something and people will join the group just to go on and on about how they disagree with or hate whatever the group is in support of. I'm like, if you don't agree with the purpose of this group, WHY DID YOU JOIN?!?! Go away and let the people here get along together and stop stirring up trouble! Gah!!

QueenBoadica
04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Guys who don't psychically know I like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chakacool
04-03-2008, 08:52 PM
OK so I'm a little late in getting here, but today gave me a hell of a good reason, and I'm sure it's been stated.... but

PEOPLE LEARN TO DRIVE! 45 is not an acceptable speed on any lane on the highway! If you are going to drive there at least do 60. Do not cut me off at 70 and slow down to 45. Also, don't fit into a car sized space that's not intended to be a space for you to drive in but a space so that I can stop my car without killing myself!

QueenBoadica
04-03-2008, 09:00 PM
OK so I'm a little late in getting here, but today gave me a hell of a good reason, and I'm sure it's been stated.... but

PEOPLE LEARN TO DRIVE! 45 is not an acceptable speed on any lane on the highway! If you are going to drive there at least do 60. Do not cut me off at 70 and slow down to 45. Also, don't fit into a car sized space that's not intended to be a space for you to drive in but a space so that I can stop my car without killing myself!

Wait, do you live in NY?? Cause they drive like that here too!

LisK
04-03-2008, 09:00 PM

Kristen, you would hate the drivers down here!!! My big driving pet peeve in TN - people, learn to MERGE!!! Merge means blend in, not try to hog the road all to yourself!!!

Beware_of_Italics
04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't mind negative ratings on books/movies/music as long as the heckler has actually read/seen/heard what they're reviewing;

That's how I feel, too, but what I can't stand is when they go on and on and on about it. Nothing but negativity and outright bashing. I just never understood why anyone would go out their way like that just to be negative. Of course, I think this bugs me so much b/c my own father is one of these people. :a20: I get tired of it awfully fast and never see the point. It's such wasted energy. Like Thumper said in 'Bambi' - "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all." Lol!

- Another pet peeve. When I just put on a nice pair of warm, just-out-of-the-dryer socks and then I step in a little puddle of water on the rug near the kitchen sink. Ah, the misery! :34:

amberplumeria
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
- Another pet peeve. When I just put on a nice pair of warm, just-out-of-the-dryer socks and then I step in a little puddle of water on the rug near the kitchen sink. Ah, the misery! :34:

That happens to me with ALARMING regularity, lol. Especially at my older sister's house. I mean, I know that in a house with 6 kids aged 16-2, there's bound to be something wet on the floor....but how is it possible that I step in it EVERY TIME??? Every time...I mean, is that even a statistical possibility that with 10 or 11 people in the house at any given time that I'm always the one to find the puddle by stepping in it with my nice, clean socks?

And about the driving slow on the freeway...I drive a 15 year old minivan....that is in about as close to perfect running order that a car that age can be, and I was taught to drive by my Navy SEAL/pilot father and my aunt who lived in LA for 10 years....so I'm always going at least 5 over the speed limit, yet every time I'm on the road, someone sees my van and says to themselves "it's a van, they must be going slow" and proceeds to cut me off, somehow not noticing that they had to go 80 or 90 mph to pass me only to slow down to 55 or 60. Someone needs to invent a butt-zapper.

QueenBoadica
04-03-2008, 09:38 PM
TMI...TMI is annoying!

Beware_of_Italics
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
That happens to me with ALARMING regularity, lol. Especially at my older sister's house. I mean, I know that in a house with 6 kids aged 16-2, there's bound to be something wet on the floor....but how is it possible that I step in it EVERY TIME??? Every time...I mean, is that even a statistical possibility that with 10 or 11 people in the house at any given time that I'm always the one to find the puddle by stepping in it with my nice, clean socks?

This could be me talking. I feel your pain and will always be here for you. :p

FeverChick
04-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Mine is when males don't put the toilet seat down and us females have to use it after them.:33: One time my DH didn't put the toilet seat down and I fell....urg Men!!!
My other pet pev is when my second graders look at me after I've explained a direction and act like they have no clue what is going on. Sometimes I feel like I should be talking German....

amberplumeria
04-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Mine is when males don't put the toilet seat down and us females have to use it after them.:33: One time my DH didn't put the toilet seat down and I fell....urg Men!!!

I fell in a toilet once because someone hadn't put the toilet seat down...I don't remember where it was, though, because I've lived almost exclusively with women for pretty much my entire life...must have been at a friend or relative's home....I was ticked, let me tell you!

Dageus'Lass
05-06-2008, 04:02 PM
My other pet pev is when my second graders look at me after I've explained a direction and act like they have no clue what is going on. Sometimes I feel like I should be talking German....

I hear ya, if you can put up the seat you sure as heck can put it down. I always yell at my uncle when he comes to visit for leaving it up

onlyheaven
05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I hear ya, if you can put up the seat you sure as heck can put it down. I always yell at my uncle when he comes to visit for leaving it up

Yeah, I agree. Found away to make it more fair in my house. I put the entire seat (WITH LID) down. That way, male/female, you need to put it up when you go & put it back down when you're done.

Also keeps stuff like toys & hair clips from falling in. Saves on plumbing bill!!

onlyheaven
05-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Mine is when males don't put the toilet seat down and us females have to use it after them.:33: One time my DH didn't put the toilet seat down and I fell....urg Men!!!....

Hey, this actually happened to me too. My boyfriend used to tease me about it all the time before it happened but when it did, he was so sorry. Well, actually, he laughed FIRST and was sorry right after. At least he didn't leave it up again after that. :th_nod::th_nod::th_nod:

squarepegroundhole
05-06-2008, 10:43 PM
My pet peeve is when you have someone show up at your business who isn't a real supportive customer, and then they complain about everything!!

Beware_of_Italics
05-19-2008, 07:24 PM
People that do not read carefully/follow instructions. :skeptical:

I mention FOUR times on my GB MySpace page that only Thank You notes to Gerry will be posted. No pictures of Gerry, thanks for the add, etc.

Yet, you cannot imagine just how full my inbox gets with nothing but all those things.

RCnBA
05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Hmm ... I really try not to let things get to me, but (Yeah that dreaded but word) every now and then -

-Someone stealing my tea (drink) just irritates me.
-Being rude and snappy, there are better ways to voice opinions.
-The guys not lifting the seat or hitting the hole ... that's self explanatory.
-People that stay for a while and do nothing. (Dishes, hmm ... every dish in the kitchen is dirty and no one will clean up, guess they'll be eating off napkins with toothpicks).

Ok, I have to stop ... lol

Dageus'Lass
09-29-2008, 11:08 AM
When people are paying at the counter they take out their checkbook and it takes forever FILL IT OUT before you go shopping

jeca
09-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Mine is matching up socks after I wash them 'cause my washer seems to eat one ALL THE TIME..... I MEAN, WHERE THE HELL DOES IT GO???????:arghhh:

Also, the tea kettle whistling.:arghhh::arghhh:

Oh, and I hate when people honk at me for going the speed limit. What?? Am I supposed to be going 30 over????:arghhh::arghhh::arghhh:

lesaleer
09-29-2008, 12:16 PM
1. smacking when people eat or chew gum.

You know they kinda of chew with their mouth open, making this weird **smack, smack** sound!:arghhh:

Beware_of_Italics
09-29-2008, 12:30 PM
When people toss a candy wrapper, junk mail, etc. on the kitchen counter when just inches away there's the trashcan. Freakin' use it, people! :realmad:

I also don't get it at all when someone uses the broom to sweep the floor, then doesn't use the dustpan that's... once again... just inches away. They just leave the dirt lying there to spread.

The same applies to the laundry. We have a laundry basket for the dirty clothes and clean clothes and so often I'll find all the dirty clothes tossed out of the appropriate basket and on to the floor.

I. just. don't. get. it. :skeptical:

Okay, this thread has showed me that there are a lot of things that get on my nerves. Lol!

Dageus'Lass
06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm resurrecting this topic since we have newbies

Anita
06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Another one

People who think they are models and post pics of them on fb TRYING to model.
People who think they can sing.
AND
People who post pics of themselves and say "I look horrible here it's so bad etc" STOP FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS!

princess
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I have anger management when it comes to idiot drivers.

Hate! Liars don’t see the point you have to cover a lie with another lie.

No face contact, don’t touch unless you are a boyfriend, don’t hit, slap, etc.

Don’t grab my hair! If I don’t know you and you grab my hair, run.

Don’t scream at me cause I have no problem racing my voice at you.:realmad:

O and this one very big! Do not accuse me unless you are 100% it was me, I get really hard core defensive and I will not tell you sorry if I did not do it. :Smiles (3)::Smiles (3)::Smiles (3)::Smiles (3):

Irina
06-09-2009, 07:57 PM
-Fishing for compliments!!
-Liars
-lazy people
-Whiny people
-And I have horrible road rage, so bad drivers who can't read my mind.LOL
-People who think that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and cheese with holes in it and that everyone should worship them and if someone doesn't, then they think that they are just jealous of them:skeptical:
-And I will admit that I do have the picture, camera, bathroom photos on myspace from when I was younger and I hate them. And I'm rather embarased of them and they are coming down as soon as I can find my camera and get new pic's! LOL
Because I hate those type of pictures now.
-When people do not respect my personal space!
-Inconsiderate jerks.
-People who don't respest others property, IE htting my car with thier car door and buggy at the store!:arghhh:
-When the mail man/UPs guy/Fed ex driver delivers [ImyI] package to the wrong house.
-people who chew with their mouth open
-people who think thaty it's ok to stare at othe rpeople for hours on end.
-People who think that everyone should clean up their mess.

Ok that's all I can think of right now. LOL

JOJO
06-09-2009, 09:45 PM
My list is really long so I will just give you the highlights:
People who talk with their mouths full.
People who smack their gum.
People who click hard candy around on their teeth.
OK bascially I have a rule, no one else should be able to hear you eating your food!

Adults who act like children (aka: irresponsible)
Adults who make there children act like minuture adults!
Mom's who dress there little girls like high priced call girls.
BRATS! (The dolls)
OK I am so going to stop now. I could so go on all night.
OH almost forgot the big one, people who go into my kitchen and touch things. Like they think they are helping. I try to be nice but how many times can I say I would rather do that myself.

JOJO
06-09-2009, 09:49 PM
OH I forgot one.
I live at the beach and I hate it when people on vacation come into the grocery store in their bathing suits. And I mean only the bathing suit no shorts, no coverups. It drives all of us locals crazy because only tourist do it. I swear have some respect for the reast of the world if you are not on the beach or at the pool don't wear a string bikini to go pick up milk and bread!

Dageus'Lass
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
OH I forgot one.
I live at the beach and I hate it when people on vacation come into the grocery store in their bathing suits. And I mean only the bathing suit no shorts, no coverups. It drives all of us locals crazy because only tourist do it. I swear have some respect for the reast of the world if you are not on the beach or at the pool don't wear a string bikini to go pick up milk and bread!
AHAHAHA that must of been a sight for sore eyes....another for me is people looking for sympathy you know "Woe is me"

Dageus'Lass
06-25-2009, 08:52 PM
-Fishing for compliments!!
-People who think that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and cheese with holes in it and that everyone should worship them and if someone doesn't, then they think that they are just jealous of them:skeptical:

OMG yes I can't stand arrogant people :arghhh: get over yourself

momma dee
06-26-2009, 06:24 AM
I may have to post a few times on this one:snick:
bigots:realmad:
people that cut off large vehicles(like trucks,buses) as if they can stop on a dime:arghhh:
STUPID PEOPLE
arrogant people
spitting:arghhh:
liars
Parents that let their children misbehave:realmad:

Apryl
06-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Oh, I gotta agree with people who let their children run wild. It is the parents responsibility to make sure your kids behave.

And people with bad table manners. Close you mouth while you are chewing!!

Oh, and passive aggressive people. If you have something to say, grow a set and say it! Quit beating around the bush.

QueenBoadica
06-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Oh, I gotta agree with people who let their children run wild. It is the parents responsibility to make sure your kids behave.

And people with bad table manners. Close you mouth while you are chewing!!

Oh, and passive aggressive people. If you have something to say, grow a set and say it! Quit beating around the bush.

LMAO! Yeah, I had a child running laps around everyone in the airport, screaming...mom was talking on her cell phone...kept repeating in my head, "Must. Not. Kill. Screaming. Child." There are some things even a mocha can't cure and irresponsible parents is one.

Oh, and I'm with you on the passive aggresssive people. My mom's family is that way, good southerns, you know. No one ever says anything directly, just beats around the bush with the comments. My favorite use to be my aunt's comments about weight, "You have such a pretty face!" This while serving you a teaspoon of mashed potatoes at Christmas dinner. I take after my dad's side more in that respect, just say it and get it out there, get the fight over with and move on. Of course, I can do passive aggressive when I have to...my standard reply to my aunt's comment always was, "Thanks, you know, I try to take care of my skin, good cleaning regiment, avoid things that are harmful like cigarettes and alcohol, just try to stay healthy." I usually didn't get offered seconds on the mashed potatoes after that.

-^-Lin-^-
06-26-2009, 10:21 AM
LMAO! Yeah, I had a child running laps around everyone in the airport, screaming...mom was talking on her cell phone...kept repeating in my head, "Must. Not. Kill. Screaming. Child." There are some things even a mocha can't cure and irresponsible parents is one.

Oh, and I'm with you on the passive aggresssive people. My mom's family is that way, good southerns, you know. No one ever says anything directly, just beats around the bush with the comments. My favorite use to be my aunt's comments about weight, "You have such a pretty face!" This while serving you a teaspoon of mashed potatoes at Christmas dinner. I take after my dad's side more in that respect, just say it and get it out there, get the fight over with and move on. Of course, I can do passive aggressive when I have to...my standard reply to my aunt's comment always was, "Thanks, you know, I try to take care of my skin, good cleaning regiment, avoid things that are harmful like cigarettes and alcohol, just try to stay healthy." I usually didn't get offered seconds on the mashed potatoes after that.

I try to tone out most of that kind of thing but sometimes the volume is already on mute and is not doing it!
So I take that your aunt was a smoker and a drinker? :snick:

Dageus'Lass
06-26-2009, 10:47 AM

people that cut off large vehicles(like trucks,buses) as if they can stop on a dime:arghhh:
STUPID PEOPLE
arrogant people
liars

I totally agree with with everyone don't forget people who give TMI

redheadgirl79
06-26-2009, 11:35 AM
STUPID PEOPLE
arrogant people
liars

That pretty much sums up my list too. Only I have to add a new one... People who need me to do something by a certain date and then don't get me the information I need until it's too late to get that something done that day (i.e. having to open up 19 new checking accounts and have not get a single bit of information about the account holders until 1hr before closing time on the day they're due:arghhh:).

QueenBoadica
06-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I try to tone out most of that kind of thing but sometimes the volume is already on mute and is not doing it!
So I take that your aunt was a smoker and a drinker? :snick:

Oh, yeah...and I try to tune it out, for the most part I am successful, but every once and a while, someone hits that nerve.

I have this theory about family fighting...you're either a silent, back stabbing type or the screaming, bawling types. The screaming types are bad, but at least they get the issues out. Mom's family "never fought," haa haa! They just repressed it all and got bitter. I like the screaming families better.

Snow
06-26-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm sorry to say I agree with too much on here already:snick:

There's one I didn't see! Sorry if it's been said but this one really gets to me too...
Men in typical men jobs who treats women like a three year old child:skeptical:
I have to get this one out of my chest, it's burning me, just this week I went to pick up a can of oil for my truck, thing is it's the only vehicle I've ever owned which needs this particular engine oil...So I ask if it's the only brand he has for this one and I unleashed a monster with a mile long questionnaire...:err:
GOD MAN I read my oil cap like a thousand times already in the last FOUR YEARS and that's what it says call the engineers to ask them why they chose this particular oil dammit! Get over it, hand me the can already, that's what it needs:arghhh:
I changed the oil of that truck ( with DB supervising the process, but still )
SO just because I'm a woman it doesn't mean I don't know squat about cars and engines, silly me for going to buy my can of oil with my hot pink purse this should teach me to know better :wwink:
Thanks for bearing with me I feel so much better now:wlaugh:

QueenBoadica
06-26-2009, 12:10 PM
That pretty much sums up my list too. Only I have to add a new one... People who need me to do something by a certain date and then don't get me the information I need until it's too late to get that something done that day (i.e. having to open up 19 new checking accounts and have not get a single bit of information about the account holders until 1hr before closing time on the day they're due:arghhh:).

Are you a real estate closer??? My mom's a title insurance underwriter!

Dageus'Lass
06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry to say I agree with too much on here already

There's one I didn't see! Sorry if it's been said but this one really gets to me too...
I have to get this one out of my chest, it's burning me, just this week I went to pick up a can of oil for my truck, thing is it's the only vehicle I've ever owned which needs this particular engine oil...So I ask if it's the only brand he has for this one and I unleashed a monster with a mile long questionnaire...:err:
GOD MAN I read my oil cap like a thousand times already in the last FOUR YEARS and that's what it says call the engineers to ask them why they chose this particular oil dammit! Get over it, hand me the can already, that's what it needs:arghhh:
I changed the oil of that truck ( with DB supervising the process, but still )
SO just because I'm a woman it doesn't mean I don't know squat about cars and engines, silly me for going to buy my can of oil with my hot pink purse this should teach me to know better :wwink:
Thanks for bearing with me I feel so much better now:wlaugh:

:snick: I understand how you feel, I hate it when it comes to cars, construction etc that women do not know didley (sp) squat. Two phrases I hate with a passion are "it's a man's job" and "let a man do it" Jeez give us some credit. There are women today that actually know what they are doing and are strong and confident in do it, we aren't put on this earth just to clean the house, cook dinner or do the gardening.

redheadgirl79
06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Are you a real estate closer??? My mom's a title insurance underwriter!

Nope, I assist the Private Bankers in my area for my bank so I get to deal with a lot of rich people and a lot of them (not all mind you) think that just b/c they have tons of money the patriot act (or any other form of due diligence) doesn't apply to them, which the complete opposite is true b/c they have a lot of money. Those 19 new accounts pretty much had be opened by that day so that their attorney could play micromanager and go over those documents with a fine tooth comb (btw that plays into another one of my pet peeves, micromanagers) and then she informs me that some of that information was wrong, she had been the one to initially give me all of that information to begin with. I just about screamed. Sorry for the rant there.

momma dee
06-26-2009, 12:30 PM
thieves (if I want you to have I'll give it to you):arghhh:
"mean" for no reason:wno:
water spots on the mirror
fingerprints on glass tables
unmade bed (I make mine soon as I get up)
open cabinets,closetdoors
really baaaaad body odor:arghhh:
people that don't wash their hands(don't touch me or my food):skeptical::realmad:
To be continued:wwink:

QueenBoadica
06-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Nope, I assist the Private Bankers in my area for my bank so I get to deal with a lot of rich people and a lot of them (not all mind you) think that just b/c they have tons of money the patriot act (or any other form of due diligence) doesn't apply to them, which the complete opposite is true b/c they have a lot of money. Those 19 new accounts pretty much had be opened by that day so that their attorney could play micromanager and go over those documents with a fine tooth comb (btw that plays into another one of my pet peeves, micromanagers) and then she informs me that some of that information was wrong, she had been the one to initially give me all of that information to begin with. I just about screamed. Sorry for the rant there.

My mom has had to deal with that...she deals with multi-million dollar real estate closings and the moneyed people always want their money 10 seconds after closing. Rant away!

kcvron
06-26-2009, 12:36 PM
i hate:
late ppl--sometimes myself
waiting
hypocrites
crazy drivers
they all make me wanna curse! but my all time pet peeve is having bad days! for me they snowball.
there is more to come those are on the top of my list.

momma dee
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Snow;485256]I[FONT=System]'m sorry to say I agree with too much on here already:snick:

Yes,Yes,Yes. That one bugs me too. Don't ASSume b/c I have breasts I have no knowledge about a car especially the one I drive.:realmad:

redheadgirl79
06-26-2009, 12:48 PM
My mom has had to deal with that...she deals with multi-million dollar real estate closings and the moneyed people always want their money 10 seconds after closing. Rant away!

:snick: Thanks! Those are also probably the same people who also complain about having to pay a $20 outgoing wire service fee (to pay for the above real-estate closing) or who complain when they overdraw their checking account about having to pay the overdraft fees. You're a flippin multi millianaire for Gods sake you shouldn't be overdrawing your account to begin with!!!!:arghhh: Not all my clients are that way though, the ones who expect to pay the fees I'm more willing to reverse b/c they're nice and they don't expect special treatment.

airbear82
06-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I am a cashier and work in a grocery store, I have a ton of pet peeves but the only one I can think of right now is when people go through my check on there cellphones. I am like :arghhh: can't you get off your cell for one blasted minute so I can do my job?!

Apryl
06-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Oh, I forgot one that drives me absolutely insane. People who ask you questions and then when you answer them tell you you're wrong. This irritates me to no end, espically at work. Someone will ask me how to do something and when I tell the what to do they say, "Oh, I don't think that's the right way to do it." I always want to say, "First, I have been doing this job for 12 years, I think I know what I am talking about, and second, why did you come and ask me if you aren't going to listen to what I have to say?"

I don't just don't understand people. See, if everyone was just like me the world would be perfect. LMAO!

JamiSings
09-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Here's an image to illustrate one of my biggest pet peeves.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/JamiSings/stuff3/shoppingcart.jpg

And you know what makes it worse? The place to put carts is less then 10 feet away. It's that sign with the red arrow.

How lazy can you get?

And yes, I moved it after I took the picture.

Wildernessgirl
09-17-2009, 07:56 PM
People who are ignorant and don't even know it.

People who when they become angry and take it out on whoever is closest without even taking a moment to ask themselves if they should be angry.

Rude or inconsiderate behavior.

People who don't realize how much they have that they should be grateful for. If they take into account how 90% of people around the world live they would realize how privileged they are.

Pessimists

People who are intolerant of others.

V'lane_Obsession
09-17-2009, 08:05 PM
My biggest pet peeve is not washing your hands after you've come back inside from whatever you were doing at first. If you're going to hit the fridge for a snack, please hit the soap and water first lol.

KJTVH
09-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Here's an image to illustrate one of my biggest pet peeves.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/JamiSings/stuff3/shoppingcart.jpg

And you know what makes it worse? The place to put carts is less then 10 feet away. It's that sign with the red arrow.

How lazy can you get?

And yes, I moved it after I took the picture.

Hey, that place looks familiar! I at least try to keep them from blocking parking spaces even if I don't put them back in the proper place (depends on the distance from my car to the place to put them and how much of a hurry to get home I'm in, lol).

My biggest pet peeve is when I'm driving and other people do not understand the concept of merging lanes or how to use turn signals. Also tailgaters and people that talk on their cell phones while driving (that is supposed to be illegal in Calif, when are the cops going to start enforcing this?!).

AlysL
09-17-2009, 09:21 PM
People who say "I called you and you didn't answer."

I do not live just to answer a phone. I have a life. I work. I don't want to talk to you! When I am through with what I am doing I will call you back!

Also use of the words
"fixin"- Like, "I'm fixin to get me some ice tea." I am southern, but that is not a word!
"irregardless.....that's a double negative...it's just regardless

Okay, I'm done venting:wbiggrin:

JamiSings
09-17-2009, 10:52 PM
I at least try to keep them from blocking parking spaces even if I don't put them back in the proper place (depends on the distance from my car to the place to put them and how much of a hurry to get home I'm in, lol).

It's one thing if you're far away and put them somewhere it won't block a space, but man, KJ, I tell you it's like some people are out to purposely inconvenience the handicapped! Having a mom who's legally handicapped due to back surgery I'm more aware of this then I used to be. I've seen as many as FIVE shopping carts in the handicapped spot at once.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/JamiSings/stuff3/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

My biggest pet peeve is when I'm driving and other people do not understand the concept of merging lanes or how to use turn signals. Also tailgaters and people that talk on their cell phones while driving (that is supposed to be illegal in Calif, when are the cops going to start enforcing this?!).

Don't even get me started! GRRR! I have so many driving pet peeves it's a wonder I don't have road rage!

The worse though is stop signs. California law states it's THE FIRST PERSON TO THE LINE whom gets to go. Yet people think it's "whomever feels like it." Many is the time I'm in the intersection during my proper turn when someone decides to rip through after coming to a complete stop. Some have even cursed at me even though it was NOT their legal turn. Some I've honked at and they ignored me.

Then there was the mystery "people". Either they were twins - a brother and a sister - or a man whom occasionally dressed as a woman. The man had a white truck, the woman had a white sports car. Both had the same face shape and same glasses. But the woman had long hair - which could've easily been a wig. Worse of all, they had the exact same driving habit. Every single time I was halfway through the intersection they would decide to go. I'd stop, lay on the horn, and they'd WAVE to me like if I allowed them to go! I haven't seen them in a couple years (it was always at the same intersection) so either they moved or he/she is dead from a car accident.

I swear, some people are BEGGING to be hit.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/JamiSings/stuff3/facepalm2.jpg

Then there's the bike riders whom think just because they're on a "green" vehicle they can legally run stop signs and sometimes even stop LIGHTS! Here's oncoming traffic and they RUN A RED LIGHT ON A BIKE!

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/JamiSings/stuff3/facepalm.jpg

Finally there's the people whom can't understand the rules of double turn lanes.

When it's a double right hand turn ONLY the one CLOSEST to the curb gets to turn on red! The outside one can ONLY turn on green! Yet people sit there behind me laying on their horns and flipping me off just because I'm OBEYING THE LAW!

When it's a double left turn the inside left turn HAS to take the INSIDE lane, but the outside one can take the middle or outside lane. Yet people will turn from the inside one and cross over in front of the other cars to get to the outside lane. Especially near a freeway entrance.

Would it really kill them to get in the outside left hand turn from the start? Especially when there's a big old delivery truck in the outside lane that also wants to get on the freeway and can crush their rinky-dink sports car?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/JamiSings/stuff3/Facepalm4.jpg

Honestly, wish I had a fae on my side. Gladly do whatever they wanted in exchange for a wake up call on idiot drivers.

Maria
09-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Here are my pet peeves:
-rude people
-bad drivers
-dirty public washrooms, yuck!
-bad table manners
-messy bed

Wildernessgirl
09-18-2009, 10:18 AM
I agree about people riding bikes who don't follow traffic regulations. Grrr. We have so many bike riders here and I see them on the wrong side of row, going up wrong direction on one way street, go around someone already half way out of parking space trying to back up, etc. One person had hood of jacket over head and couldn't see and was blocked on right side of lane and continued riding on left side and was almost hit by car trying to make a left hand turn. Don't they know passing on left side illegal? I wish police would start giving tickets to cyclists.

redheadgirl79
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Jami, you've just put into writing most of my driving pet peeves. I'll add another one to this list, people who don't know what a yield sign means. Honestly some day I'm going to just continue to go and if they hit me then it'll be their fault:arghhh:. Also people who are just waaaaaayyyyy too cautious and/or courteous on the road. It's okay to let one car in front of you who's waiting to merge, but when you end up letting the whole friggin line in front, that's just too much. It just makes the people behind you less courteous b/c they're now irritated.

A few other pet peeves are:

Rude/Slow/No Service at Restaraunts
Cell Phones in the Movie Theater
Rude A$$ people on the plane who insist on leaning their seat ALL THE WAY BACK even when you explain to them that you have long legs and that the seat is pressing very uncomfortably and painfully against your knee that you have had problems with in the past and if they would please raise their seat up by about two inches it would be greatly appreciated and then their response is "No I can't I have to have my seat all the way back and could you please stop shifting around so much you're kicking my seat." Sorry if the seat is pressing against my knees then I'm gonna end up kicking that seat everytime I have to move/shift around. Let's just say I turned into my other pet peeve on that return flight from France, Person who constantly kicks the seat in front of them.

Darkgate
09-18-2009, 11:03 AM
My pet peev is manners. My mother taught me to say yes ma'am, no ma'am, thank you and please, but for some reason nobody else uses those anymore and that is irritating. People are rude nowadays and they think it is okay. it isn't. Another peev is that my mom taught me to clean up after myself once I was done with something and that went for places outside of the house but when I go out, I see so many people make messes at resturaunts and not clean up after themselves because they think that the waiter or waitress needs to do what they are paid for and clean up after them. I am sorry but just because you are at mcdonalds doesnt mean you need to forget what your mother taught you. CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!!! Sorry I got carried away, but that's it.

KJTVH
09-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Jami, I so can't wait until my husband gets home so I can show him all of those facepalm images from your post! Those were all terrific! And I have to agree with all of those peeves you listed, I'm surprised I don't have road rage, too!

I really wish I had taken a photo of the last guy that really pissed me off when I was driving to pick up my daughter from school yesterday! I was at a red light, light turns green, I started into the intersection, and then had to slam on my brakes because a white moving van coming the other direction decided to make a left-turn lane on his red light, which put him in the intersection in front of me, only then he had to slam on his brakes so he didn't run over the pedestrians crossing on their own right-of-way (parallel to my green light). Then when the driver turned to see me slamming on my brakes to not hit him now that he was at a stop totally blocking the intersection, I see that he's only got one hand on the wheel because he's talking on his stupid cell phone! He encapsulated all of driving stupidity! Really, could anyone be that desperate to get to the Taco Bell that he was turning in to?! Times like this I really wish I had a dash-mounted laser cannon.

momma dee
09-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Also tailgaters and people that talk on their cell phones while driving (that is supposed to be illegal in Calif, when are the cops going to start enforcing this?!).

Tailgaters I don't mind too much as long as they are behind me. Since I drive a real steel "Land Yacht" as my friends call my car it makes them think twice about running into it.:skeptical: As for when will the cops start enforcing NO talking on cell phones while driving? Probably when they too get off of theirs.:arghhh: Cops are some of the worst drivers you may encounter.

redheadgirl79
09-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Times like this I really wish I had a dash-mounted laser cannon.

So glad I'm not the only one who's had that fantasy:snick:. Everytime someone pi$$es me off when I'm driving I just imagine having Storm's powers from X-Men and being able to call down lightening and zap that car off the road. Hmmmmm......come to think of it that's probably the number 1 reason that I don't have that power to begin with.

Burgandijane
09-18-2009, 07:52 PM
People who say "I called you and you didn't answer."

I do not live just to answer a phone. I have a life. I work. I don't want to talk to you! When I am through with what I am doing I will call you back!

Also use of the words
"fixin"- Like, "I'm fixin to get me some ice tea." I am southern, but that is not a word!
"irregardless.....that's a double negative...it's just regardless

Okay, I'm done venting:wbiggrin:

Irregardless burns me up too, along with "I could care less" /headdesk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Nd-kp13A0 Love this guy. He covers quite a few of those grammatical errors.

Beware_of_Italics
09-19-2009, 12:34 AM
- When someone sweeps the floor with the broom, but just leaves the pile of dirt there, NOT USING THE DUST PAN that's just inches away.

- Also just being messy in the kitchen. Leaving wrappers and dirty dishes on the counter when - once again - the trash can and empty dishwasher are just inches away.

- The same goes for leaving a small piles of clothes on the floor, JUST OUTSIDE the laundry room because you don't want to step over the pet gate.

It drives me bonkers, but of course I can't ever say anything or a fight wil ensue. :skeptical:

FaeKissed
09-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Those stupid shoes with the skates built in. Heelys? Heelies? Whatever they are. Do you KNOW how many times I've been all but ran over by obnoxious kids flying through supermarkets on those blasted things? OMG, it should so be legal to just smack the crap out of any child who runs into you if they are wearing these things...AND you should be able to rip the wheels out of the shoes and burn them!

I'm really not a violent person, I just think these are the most ignorant things ever invented. I've seen people get coffees smashed into themselves, groceries spilled, etc, due to kids in these "shoes". I've seen stores put up signs banning them, but kids wear them anyway, and the parents don't seem to stop them....

OH - and about the cell phone driving thing - we have that law here in Washington too, so I asked my neighbor who happens to be a cop about it. He says that here it's a secondary offense - meaning you can't be stopped for talking on your phone alone - but if you are stopped for speeding or something else AND you are talking on your phone, you get the bonus ticket. Maybe that is the case for some of the rest of your states too?

Beware_of_Italics
09-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Got a new one:

When you loan a book to someone and when it's returned just 2 or 3 days later, it looks like it's been circulating a used bookstore for twenty years. :cry:

That's what my Bloodfever book looks like right now. Of course, this means my Faefever book that I bought just a few weeks ago will look like the dog's breakfast when I get it back tomorrow.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T LIKE LOANING BOOKS!! There's no respect for my books, even if it is a close family member that's doing the borrowing (destroying). :arghhh:

From now on, I'm pretending I can't find said book.