PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorta Back

highlanderlas
08-16-2007, 04:14 PM
:happy_face_waving: Hi, everyone! I am sort of back from the surgery. Every day is a new experience since I am lacking some of my important (at least to me) organs. Over did last monday (1 wk after surgery) and paid for it the next day with pain and weekness. I know "Bad girl". I re-learned what I can and can't do. Today is the "I'm bored" day heavily dispersed with crying jags:crying-vi: (having no hormones will do that to you). Between bouts of crying, nausia, light headedness and heart flutters :th_sick:( again the results of no hormones), I actually felt horny. :anim_naughty-vi: Go figure, not to be had for at least 6 wks and only if every body part involved is oked by doctor.

Thank you for allowing me to whine and cry on your shoulders. Now I will go get something else cold to drink. I do believe the next stage is coming on, hot flashes:th_heat: which at the moment are just warm surges, but I'm sure they will turn into hurricane force power surges before it's over.

oracle
08-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Hun,

I'm so glad that you're back, sorta. Feel better and be gentle with yourself. It's great to feel your presence here so don't be a stranger! Take exquisite care of yourself!

Debbie_D
08-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Thank you for allowing me to whine and cry on your shoulders.

Anytime you need too, just call. Or post here. We're always here for you girl.

Chrisdles
08-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I am glad that all is well (in the big picture) and that you have the board to help you with your recovery. It shouldn't over exert you - although some of the posts have given me a fair set of sare ribs - and we are always here to talk to.
Take Care and keep loving yourself, like we all do x

Cheryle
08-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Debbie so sorry you are not feeling to well, as far as being horny, I know how you feel, I am not getting any either right now.

Anita
08-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Aww feel better fast hun, and as the other ladies have said, we are always here for you.:th_hug-vi::22: You should go and get some :th_sheep::th_goingtobed-vi:

Amie
08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
We're glad you're here -- vent all you want, we're just happy to see you.

MissAmy
08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Debbie, gald your almost back... If you want to vent feel free and if you want to cry go ahead.. Thats what we're here for.

highlanderlas
08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
My DH at the moment is such a saint dealing with the tears, not a good housekeeper (which has been a problem with me, but I just gently remind him) but he puts up with a lot and he's still affectionate, so that helps some.

Thank you all for the support and Cheryle, I feel for you. My DH used to be a cross country trucker and would be gone 6 wks at a time. We have made use of some places in the truck that would have caused my mother to have a heart attack. :th_blush:. But I also dreaded the days when he was gone and he did some of this before cell phones! Waiting for that call or missing it was heartbreaking.

I'll check in with everyone and post often.:grouphug:

Cheryle
08-16-2007, 06:31 PM
My DH at the moment is such a saint dealing with the tears, not a good housekeeper (which has been a problem with me, but I just gently remind him) but he puts up with a lot and he's still affectionate, so that helps some.

Thank you all for the support and Cheryle, I feel for you. My DH used to be a cross country trucker and would be gone 6 wks at a time. We have made use of some places in the truck that would have caused my mother to have a heart attack. :th_blush:. But I also dreaded the days when he was gone and he did some of this before cell phones! Waiting for that call or missing it was heartbreaking.

I'll check in with everyone and post often.:grouphug:

Debbie you are such a dear making me feel better while you are not feeling up to par! You will recover soon, Much love to you!

Jenn
08-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Debbie, I'm glad you're on the mend. I know you've still a ways to go and hormonal things to get adjusted to. But you know we're always here to listen and support! :6:

highlanderlas
08-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Debbie, I'm glad you're on the mend. I know you've still a ways to go and hormonal things to get adjusted to. But you know we're always here to listen and support! :6:

Thanks, Jenn! You guys may get more than an earfull at times. Just know when it's your turn, I'll be here to listen and give virtual hugs!:th_hug-vi:

MaryKate
08-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey hunny~ I'm so sorry that things arent going so great at the moment, but it will get better. My sister had a rough time of it for a while and now she is pregnant so she would get very discouraged about not being able to clean the house....that would be where I would come in at times. Wish I help with the cleaning and could pamper you with massages or something. Love you. I'll be thinking of you.

LisK
08-16-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm glad to hear your DH is being such a sweetie!! They come through at the right times, that's for sure! Take care Debbie, and laugh, cry, vent, rant, rave, whatever, we're here for ya lass! :6:

MelanieD
08-17-2007, 04:30 AM
:happy_face_waving: Hi, everyone! I am sort of back from the surgery. Every day is a new experience since I am lacking some of my important (at least to me) organs. Over did last monday (1 wk after surgery) and paid for it the next day with pain and weekness. I know "Bad girl". I re-learned what I can and can't do. Today is the "I'm bored" day heavily dispersed with crying jags:crying-vi: (having no hormones will do that to you). Between bouts of crying, nausia, light headedness and heart flutters :th_sick:( again the results of no hormones), I actually felt horny. :anim_naughty-vi: Go figure, not to be had for at least 6 wks and only if every body part involved is oked by doctor.

Thank you for allowing me to whine and cry on your shoulders. Now I will go get something else cold to drink. I do believe the next stage is coming on, hot flashes:th_heat: which at the moment are just warm surges, but I'm sure they will turn into hurricane force power surges before it's over.

Doesn't sound much fun Debbie - just hang in there and vent here! x

Vicki
08-17-2007, 09:56 AM
:happy0158: Glad your back, sorta!! Don't rush things. Take time & be good to yourself!

highlanderlas
08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Whoo, Hoo! I got to go to Wal-Mart! Sounds silly, but I needed to get my prescriptions and my daughter needed to go pick up some stuff, so she took me.:anim_headbang-vi: I think just the walk in, down the length of the store to the pharmacy and to the check out is my exercise today. :th_heat: There is only so much room in my house to walk and the yard is only so big so it was starting to get really boring at home. Sad, the highlight of my day was getting my meds and ice cream (which I swear is leading to my recovery).:happy0194:

Thanks for all you virtual hugs and well wishes, they're working!

Bella...
08-17-2007, 12:45 PM
I hope you are feeling much better... I am sending a {Huge Group-Hug} your way ... :grouphug: !!!
Be sure to check out the website { http://www.hystersisters.com/ } You can join up for free & access all the information/forums on the site. There are some great message boards with tons of info from other Ladies that have had all types of female surgeries.
Maybe it will answer any questions you might have about the {Hormone Jungle}
Believe me, it will get better with time & We are all here WHENEVER you need to vent/cry/or just pitch a little hissy fit !!! Just bring it on !!! We will be here for you.

pss... Enjoy lots of {ice-cream treats} *ALL CHOCOLATE* HEEEheee ... good for the hormones :65:
Do Y'all have a {Stone Cold Creamery} in your area ?? If yes.... GO-GO-GO soon & enjoy... We have to drive about 20 miles to the nearest shop, but it is {sinfully Heaven}

LisK
08-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Bella, only you would tell Debbie to pitch a hissy fit when she feels like it!! I love it! I don't think you could give any better advice......except about Stone Cold Creamery. We have one here in Chattanooga, and it is........yes, sinfully heaven!!

Bella...
08-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Bella, only you would tell Debbie to pitch a hissy fit when she feels like it!! I love it! I don't think you could give any better advice......except about Stone Cold Creamery. We have one here in Chattanooga, and it is........yes, sinfully heaven!! Lis, I have been known to have a {hissy fit} OR TWO !! :65: in my time... It does feel WONDERFUL ...lol ............ They need to teach that course in High School, up there maybe along with PE or Home Economics. All Ladies need to learn the proper way to {get the message across} without spitting & sputtering or sweating & messing up the hairDo too much. Heeheeeee :D

highlanderlas
08-17-2007, 06:06 PM
My family knows when I am about to explode, I speak to them in a slow, low, monotone voice and they know it's too late. Even the dog runs for cover and I am not above tears to make it work. LOL

highlanderlas
08-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Can you believe Wal-Mart was out of my Blue Bell Chocolate Covered Cherry Ice Cream? I didn't blow a gasket, but had to pick something else out. Now if it had been yesterday, they would have scurried to special order it for me.:65:

alba
08-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Debbie I'm sorry your not up to par these days I've been their I know the drill
Did the samw as you week after mine I paid for it Too
DH nagged me to death all most wanted to:53::11::beathorse-vi: befor the day was done.
Like everyone else we learn from our mistakes...
Glad you got to go out and Ice cream YUMMMmm:drool-vi:.
Take it easy :th_hug-vi:

highlanderlas
08-17-2007, 06:33 PM
I promise to be good! Don't want a re-occurence of that again. Sure would have been good to Cian speak those magic healing words in my ear. That would have made my life. DH is being a saint about most stuff. He is not the housekeeper I am and I am having to deal with not letting it get to me. Tues is my first post-op visit and we will see what she says.

Leiha
08-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Don't push yourself too hard and don't let the emotions get to you, like you said it's a part of the process. Ice cream is a wonderful cure. My favorite dessert! So enjoy your ice cream and if you need to cry, cry.

VWolf
08-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Your the Saint DebbieH. For Blue Bell ice cream I would just about raise the roof!

Even with set backs it sounds like improvement is occurring. Hope the post op visit is positive.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Good to see you back (sorta) Debbie H. Take care of yourself and don't try to do too much too fast!
My friend had her "woman parts" removed last year and she is only 28! She tried to do too much too soon to keep up with her two kids and she ended up not healing properly and had complications for a year!!
BE CAREFUL! I know it sucks laying around but milk it while you can!!!:th_zzz::th_tv2::th_read:

highlanderlas
08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful well wishes. I did spend an hour in the ER last night because of my over doing back a week ago. My incision split open a little bit causing a scab and of course, the scab got stuck. When I pulled off the cover to check the incision it pulled the scab and bled for a little bit. So off to the ER to have it checked. They scolded me properly, gave me some antibotics to prevent infection, wound care instructions again and a firm DON'T DO ANYTHING. I go back to my GYN tomorrow afternoon and will have to apologize for messing up her fine incision making, be scolded again and make another 2wk appt.

My DH is beginning to be a slacker and not getting it all done. He tries but he is not a multi-tasker. He focuses on one thing and forgets the rest. I have a list for today to get done. He was up most of the night doing laundry and still has a couple of loads to do when he gets up. AHHHHH, it's drives me nuts not being able to do anything. You think you would love to have a week to do nothing except lay around, but trust me, when you are confined as to where you can lay around, it's not fun.

LisK
08-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Poor Debbie! I know the feeling - DH's try, but as you say, cannot multi-task when it comes to housework. However, as much as it frustrates you, FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S ORDERS!!! You can knock yourself out later!!

Hope you feel better soon!

VWolf
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
This is a good time for them to appreciate everything you do for them. grin

Cherokee
08-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Hey Sweetie! So sorry to hear about your setback! I know its easier said than done...but you've gotta take it easy! I know how much it sucks to want to get things done and not be able to do anything. You can vent to us anytime! I hope your do gives you a good report despite the incision opening back up. I wish for time to fly for you and for you to get better soon! Wally World is better than the house sometimes so go for the Ice Cream! Chocolate is medicinal! Lots of love and hugs!!!!!

highlanderlas
08-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey Sweetie! So sorry to hear about your setback! I know its easier said than done...but you've gotta take it easy! I know how much it sucks to want to get things done and not be able to do anything. You can vent to us anytime! I hope your do gives you a good report despite the incision opening back up. I wish for time to fly for you and for you to get better soon! Wally World is better than the house sometimes so go for the Ice Cream! Chocolate is medicinal! Lots of love and hugs!!!!!

Unfortunately Wallie World is what got me into trouble to begin with. That's where I did too much. Just walked across the store and back. My DH is out, getting stamps, going to Wally World for ice cream and to Braums for ice, milk and ice cream if wal-mart doesn't have Blue Bell Choc. Covered Cherry ice cream. I have fallen in love with that one. Cherry ice cream with these little dark chocolate heart shaped chocolates with a cherry jelly in them. My older grandgirl and I suck the ice cream off them line them up on a paper towel, eat the ice cream and then eat the chocolates. LOL My DH says I am still a little girl at heart.

highlanderlas
08-20-2007, 06:50 PM
I have to shout praise for my DH! He has learned why I never get to watch TV. I had him multi-tasking like mad this afternoon. He went to the store, post office, dairy store. Then he came home, we sorted laundry with me pointing and advising. Then he watered the plants, made tea with the tea maker. As he sat down and got two pages into his magazine, the dryer buzzed and he had to get up and change out the clothes from one machine to the other. Then he started dinner. Just as he sat down to look at the mag, the doorbell rang. He has yet to get back to his mag. I told him "see why I never watch tv?" I missed all the shows in the 90's because I worked full time and did all of this, never missing a beat.

While at the store, he found my choc covered cherry ice cream! Got extra brownie points for that! LOL

alba
08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Debbie Glad your spirits are up sound like you giving DH a taste of life as a female good on ya:happy0158:
It's nice to give brownie point when they bring home THE TREAT MY dh got so use to IT he dose it without being TOLD now????
YEH GO DEBBIE!:anim_headbang-vi:

LisK
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Bella, every good Southern girl knows how to throw a proper hissy fit. Helps cleanse the soul, plus get your way! I've thrown a few in my time too, DH & DS usually run for cover!! And you're right, no swearing, and definitely no messing up the hair - if those things happen, you have lost control!!