PDA

View Full Version : My sister is a butt!

Leiha
04-01-2008, 05:47 PM
My sister called me today while I was at Office Depot. She doesn't like talking on the phone too much but she's coming out here in a couple of weeks and we're going on a cruise so I figured that's why she was calling. She's like guess what? My guess is, "you're pregnant." That was me being a smartass. Then she turns around and says "yes, I am." My first reaction was crap, I have to stop guessing that. My other sister was a young mother and I guessed she was pregnant before she told me, cause I was trying to be smart. Kim is 24 so not too young but definitely not ready to have a child. So I start questioning, why wasn't she using birth control? She said she was. She said she had taken 3 pregnancy tests and was going in to see the dr. She told me who it was, her on again off again. Keep in mind, I've been her mom since she was 5. Well actually before that. I was the one who got up in the middle of the night to feed her when she was a baby. Hearing this was not good news to me and I started sweating. It was just running down my body while I'm standing at the counter at the Office Depot. The next thing she says is April Fools!!!!

How awful is that? I swear it took 10 minutes for me to top sweating. I am going to kick her in the butt. Needless to say she is gloating up a storm. I'll never hear the end of it, LOL. I think I'm going to cancel her cruise!

ginaj
04-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Awe, Leiha! I can just see you dripping sweat at the counter and people staring at you like you have a gland problem! LOL Yes, I'd kick sisters butt too. Someone did that to me on this day too but I wasn't laughing afterwards. Considering she had problems conceiving in the first place. I hope you at least get to laugh about it...soon.

Broken
04-01-2008, 05:53 PM
That is just horrible. (a little funny) but horrible. So sorry Leiha!:6:

I almost gave my dad a heartattack once when my then boyfriend and I showed up at the house with a fake diamond ring. He didnt talk to me for a week.

Burgandijane
04-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I've done this to my mom... twice. My fiance and I also did this to his mom last year. I guess it's just the devil in me *snicker*

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908076/VVQJO-WFWNH-jennydevil.JPG

-^-Lin-^-
04-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Aww Its a pity you didn't realise and then said well its funny you should say that, so am I! That would have got her back good! LOL

Oh and rather than cancel the cruise I might be tempted to dangle her over the side holding her by the ankles :)

siggyj43
04-01-2008, 06:28 PM
But that was a good one LOL, she got you good. Get her back later:65:Glad that was not true.

Cheryle
04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh Leiha she is GOOD real good! I keep forgetting it is April Fools and this had me going to LOL!

QueenBoadica
04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I have not done that one, but have planned it out a few times...I'm waiting for a particularly good year to do it, like when I have a boyfriend she hates...

Kick her good, Leiha!

*Jo*
04-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Give your sister a very big hug for me. I love her !
LMAO.

:happy0187::happy0187::happy0187::happy0187:

She could have said she had STD...
Now THAT wouldn't have been too funny.

highlanderlas
04-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Aww, sorry she did that to you. Heck of a place to get that kind of news, even if it was a joke. I'm with the others, plan something while on the cruise to get her back!

sassenach888
04-01-2008, 07:19 PM
That is horrible, I'd wanna kick her butt too or get really even.

Leiha
04-01-2008, 07:24 PM
LOL, yeah I'm going to have to figure out a way to get back at her. I don't know what yet. I'm not much of a practical joker. I laugh too much, lol.

alba
04-01-2008, 07:56 PM
O Leiha thats just Evil I hate April fools day I always get suckered....
Except for TODAY then again its not over yet...........

Apryl
04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
LOL {hangs had in shame} I have done this before. It actually started with my sister telling my cousin the day before that I was pregnant and she called me the next morning and it went on all day. She would call every couple of hours with questions or plans and once to tell me that she had found me the perfect doctor, well finally, that evening, when she had started planning out the baby shower, I told her the truth. She didn't speak to me for 3 days.

LisK
04-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Leiha, is this the sister I met when you were here in Chatt??? I can so totally see her doing this to you, and laughing all the way through it!!!

Your chance will come - just wait til she sees some good looking guy on the cruise, you can get her back then when she's trying to catch his attention!!!

QueenBoadica
04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
*raises hand* I can help with pranks!

Let's see, in the past, I have...

Put plastic wrap on toilets, painted fences, TPed houses, hidden alarm clocks around the house and set them for random times, replaced a person's entire liquor cabinet with the miniature bottles, moved a person's fooseball table on the roof, moved an entire living room set out of a house and into a chemistry building, superglued things to the ceiling, prank called people at 3 am using Monty Python quotes, convinced people I got married in a foreign country, dressed up like a pregnant woman and "went into labor", etc...

I'm pretty much a big old prankster, if you need help.

Leiha
04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Yep Lis, that is the one. I told you she's not as sweet as she looks, then again, neither am I which she is going to find out. I like the way you think Lis! :33:

LisK
04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Yep Lis, that is the one. I told you she's not as sweet as she looks, then again, neither am I which she is going to find out. I like the way you think Lis! :33:

Let me know how it turns out when you get her back!!!
(p.s. I'm glad she's really not pregnant!)

Maria
04-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Your sister got you good there, Leiha :03: Make sure you get payback while on the cruise. :65:

Liberty
04-01-2008, 08:35 PM
lol That's both aweful and funny at the same time. :happy0188:
Well, at least she's not pregnant before she's ready.

I agree with Maria, you should get her back on the cruise, get her when she least expects it.

Amie
04-01-2008, 09:34 PM
She did an impressive job on that April fool's gag. Cheers for your sister (and my sysmpathies to you)

You've got plenty of time to plot your revenge. Can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Viking Princess
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
LMFAO!!!! give her a good kick!!!!

Saint
04-01-2008, 09:50 PM
now that was a good and bad joke on you. yes, her turn will come, the cruise would be an excellent time to do it. mmmaaawhaaa. lol

tempest
04-01-2008, 09:55 PM
You will most definitely have to get her back for that one! :31: It was funny though in a horrifying sort of way...

Jenn
04-01-2008, 10:01 PM
OMG Leiha, she got you good! I almost felt bad laughing, but that reminds me of the kind of stuff my family pulls on each other.

jeant
04-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Let me know how it turns out when you get her back!!!
(p.s. I'm glad she's really not pregnant!)

I was thinking, "Oh, no, she is too sweet & young to be pg!" Glad to hear she is not!! Just wait, though, you will be a great Aunt when the time comes. (you did a good job raising her.) Have fun on the cruise!!!

Anita
04-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Not cool I have a friend I would kick her if she pulled that one.

I agree get her back.

Lana
04-02-2008, 01:47 AM
LMAO!!! OK, that is a good one! :th_crazy:

Leiha
04-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I was thinking, "Oh, no, she is too sweet & young to be pg!"

Obviously she is not that sweet, LOL.

I don't think I was prepared for it because my family isn't the type to pull April Fool's jokes on each other. Now I know to be better prepared, LOL.

mandy
04-02-2008, 09:33 AM
You should spend the whole on the next year planning you're one!

stormsandsins
04-02-2008, 11:51 AM
That sucks. We're usually tamer at my house. My dad decided to call my sisters and ask in a funny voice "May I speak to S. Turgeon?"

(esturgeon is French for sturgeon, so it was fitting for April Fool's, which in French is called Poisson d'avril -- April fish, literally)

melissa
04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
HA! finally - someone got Leiha!! You deserve it after all the stuff you pull on us - plus you get to read the books early!!

(but glad she is not really pregnant and yes -you have to get her back!!)