PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Depp as Adam Black

Lady Avalon
07-01-2008, 07:26 PM
If a movie is ever made from the Highlanders series, I think Jonny Depp would make a wonderful Adam Black.:s9::s9::s8:

Alex Holbrook
07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Not to deny Mr. Depp's charm, but...no. He's not big enough. Captain Jack Sparrow could never be mistaken for Adam Black. And after seeing him as Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow, with his squeamishness...it kind of loses something in the translation. Adam was massive, like a blacksmith with hard rippling muscles and just general hot yumminess (full body shiver) with not a squeamish bone in his body. He was the bully on the playground that threw spiders on the little girls. Orlando Bloom maybe, but he's not rugged enough. Darn it...Adam is in a class by himself! And thank the Lord he's the only one. Too many of those around and the women's statistic for heart attacks could skyrocket.

Caitríona
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Maybe they could make everything else in the movie very small, so Johnny will look huge by comparison! :biggrin:

He is totally hot, but I agree that he's a tad wee for the role.

Butterfly
07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
He's not how I imagine Adam. I can't say how I imagine Adam since this is a public forum.:wwink:

Alex Holbrook
07-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Send me a private message and be specific...PLEASE!

Butterfly
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Send me a private message and be specific...PLEASE!

It will take a while.:snick:

Alex Holbrook
07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I've got time.

Sky28
07-03-2008, 04:12 PM
It will take a while.:snick:
Can you please start a mailing list instead of private message and PLEASE put me on.
:wwink:

Alex Holbrook
07-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Can you please start a mailing list instead of private message and PLEASE put me on.

See Butterfly? You started something. Time to make good on it.

celtickate
07-03-2008, 04:34 PM
aw just post it on here, we are all big girls! lol

HopeChasez
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
well...I saw Johnny Depp on the mtv movie awards and I have to say...he's been working out. and the way he was dressed, he looked very much like a carpenter or other man who works with his hands, if you know what I mean. xD

not sure if I see him as Adam, either...height wise...but I just wanted to disagree with the "being too wee" opinion. ^-~

Butterfly
07-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm trying, girls, but I keep having to stop and cool off.:wwink:

Conoga
07-04-2008, 03:10 PM
they just dont make men like Adam Black..... there is no mortal on this planet (that i am aware of) that could come close to the private image i have of that man.... its just.... impossible!!
and i really believe that is because Adam is every woman's fantasy come to life.. which is what also makes him more than perfect and beyond a mortal's ability to compete with lol

Sky28
07-04-2008, 03:24 PM
i really believe that is because Adam is every woman's fantasy come to life.. which is what also makes him more than perfect and beyond a mortal's ability to compete with lol

Full agreement!:notworthy:
I also have the same problem with another one of the Fever series.:cry:

TXIrish
07-06-2008, 07:15 PM
they just dont make men like Adam Black..... there is no mortal on this planet (that i am aware of) that could come close to the private image i have of that man.... its just.... impossible!!
and i really believe that is because Adam is every woman's fantasy come to life.. which is what also makes him more than perfect and beyond a mortal's ability to compete with lol

I can think of a few, but they're all pro-wrestlers....and Adam had BRAINS to go with the brawn! :wlaugh:

Conoga
07-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I can think of a few, but they're all pro-wrestlers....and Adam had BRAINS to go with the brawn! :wlaugh:

mmmm true....
this comes a wee bit close but the face is all wrong.
http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/r/Rock/sq-rock2-scorpion-king-uni.jpg

irwinwe
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Johnny Depp is certainly appealing (especially in his pirate costume lol!), but I kind of see Adam Black as someone a little bigger, darker, and, well...oozing with some sort of a dangerous sensuality. For me, Julian MacMahon fills the role. He looked great in Fantastic Four as Victor von Doom lol. What do you think?! :60:

irwinwe
07-08-2008, 01:49 PM
hey celtickate! just saw your hubby leaves for the middle east in 38 days. i'm kind of in a similar situation. my bf just got back from there not too long ago and now has to go to saudi arabia at the end of august :sad1: well if you need someone to talk to...

Butterfly
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Johnny Depp is certainly appealing (especially in his pirate costume lol!), but I kind of see Adam Black as someone a little bigger, darker, and, well...oozing with some sort of a dangerous sensuality. For me, Julian MacMahon fills the role. He looked great in Fantastic Four as Victor von Doom lol. What do you think?! :60:

My Mom agrees with you. I'm not sure, though. I don't know who I'd pick to play any of these people.

Poison Ivy
07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
I agree, I like Johnny Depp, especially in his pirate gittup but I agree with the pro wrestler choice *wiggles eyebrows* there are a few of them that I think would be perfect.:60:

Alex Holbrook
07-09-2008, 08:34 AM
My Mom agrees with you. I'm not sure, though. I don't know who I'd pick to play any of these people.

I don't think he'd do well with long, silky, black, run-barefoot-through-it hair. He's not muscular enough, which he could change, I suppose, and he's not rugged enough. The attitude is working, but he's just not who I picture as Adam. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE him. Have loved him since Profiler. He's just not Adam for me.

amberplumeria
07-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I dunno....I lovelovelove Johnny Depp. He is SOOO hot. Granted, I have a pretty . . . active. . . imagination, but Johnny Depp is the ONLY person who could have pulled off Captain Jack for me, so I could definitely see him as Adam Black. I mean, no, he doesn't necessarily have the body, but like it was said before, that could be worked on. What he has is the attitude; the attitude that could make a borderline germophobe like myself think he was still hot even when he looked like he had never met soap and water in his life in Pirates. No one else can carry off that dirty thing for me.

And I seriously doubt that they could ever find a TALENTED actor who's as tall as Adam is supposed to be, lol.

Either way, it's still fun to imagine, lol.

Seuss
07-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Yes. It would have to be a man that is tall and well built.

dawnab19
07-16-2008, 12:02 AM
lmao I want on that mailing list if you started it

Sorceress of Angels
07-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Huge Johnny Depp fan, but I don't think he would make a good Adam Black. Adam's one of my favorite hero's of all of KMM's novels. As must as I love Johnny Depp I just don't see him as Adam Black. My mind goes to a Gerry Butler type of actor. Only I think Adman should be played by someone who is an unknown. I think its so much better this way. You don't have misconceptions on the actor. I don't know I just think its better when your casting a character from a book if you go with an unknown.

Lovely Rose
09-27-2008, 10:48 PM
See Butterfly? You started something. Time to make good on it.

yeah add me too:snick:

starrycj
09-29-2008, 03:13 AM
Totally not big enough. I have to say Dwayne Johnson formerly "The Rock" would make a great Adam. Somebody strapping and muscley with the charm. If you'd ever seen The Game Plan you'd know what I'm talking about. I haven't seen any other actor with a personality that just leaps off the screen.

LaurenB16
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Heyyy! This is my first post, and I hope I don't read as bitchy, but here it goes.
Johnny Depp is a babe, no question. But he's definitely not Adam Black material.
Adam is supposed to have a strong jaw, rugged features, and be extremely, hugely muscular. I know people are saying that could be worked on, but come on, realistically, do you know how many years it would take to get as jacked as Adam is supposed to be? I think Johnny Depp would be a baaaad idea.
However, I don't know who I would pick. I was looking through wrestlers, and they've definitely got the bodies, but not really the faces... Adam's kind of in a league of his own, isn't he?

Stephanie J
10-03-2008, 01:11 AM
He's not how I imagine Adam. I can't say how I imagine Adam since this is a public forum.:wwink:

Oh I know what you mean....:wbiggrin:

MichelleRoberts
10-03-2008, 02:17 PM
If a movie is ever made from the Highlanders series, I think Jonny Depp would make a wonderful Adam Black.:s9::s9::s8:

If you read a biography of Johnny Depp's you would see why he would not play the part.. Johnny Depp is too much of a known actor that the role of Adam Black would be different if played by him.. I believe that, in order to keep the natural energy of KMM's characters as alive as we know them from the books, that they would have to be knew actors/actresses, so that they are not corrupt by their earlier film appearances..

Fresh meat is best, it wont go bad so quickly!:60:

sv2hugger
10-04-2008, 11:05 PM
i like the way all of your thoughts are going but none of you have thought of Antonio Banderas, as when he was in the movie interview with a vampire. i think that he was so hot in that movie. :60:

greeneyz
10-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Huge Johnny Depp fan, but I don't think he would make a good Adam Black. Adam's one of my favorite hero's of all of KMM's novels. As must as I love Johnny Depp I just don't see him as Adam Black. My mind goes to a Gerry Butler type of actor. Only I think Adman should be played by someone who is an unknown. I think its so much better this way. You don't have misconceptions on the actor. I don't know I just think its better when your casting a character from a book if you go with an unknown.

Me too, I love Johnny Depp, but I totally agree with you on him maybe not being Adam. I would still keep him on the list though. He is the hot, bad guy-turned good. Isn't Adam that?

BTW Adam is my favorite out of all. Although I have to admit JZB has also become a favorite:wbiggrin:

HollyD
03-18-2009, 03:55 PM
I imagine Adam Black in such hotness I don't think there is anyone that would satisfy my fantasy of him.

vampira0310
05-15-2009, 08:06 PM
mmmmm! You know who would be a great Jericho Barrons?! Gerard Butler! or maybe Clive Owen! :) Sexyyyyyyyyyyy haha!

-Kat
05-19-2009, 07:27 PM
mmmmm! You know who would be a great Jericho Barrons?! Gerard Butler! or maybe Clive Owen! :) Sexyyyyyyyyyyy haha!

I'm jumping on the Gilles Marini (sp.?) bandwagon on that one, despite what my siggy says. ;-)