PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to anyone else????

mandy
07-16-2008, 10:37 AM
That you are sitting in work or somewhere where you can't read and all you can think about is the book you are reading and you wanna ge back to it and resent anything that takes you away from it?

Jenn
07-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah, happens to me all the time, with audiobooks, too! As if I needed another reason to not want to be here, LOL. I can't wait to go to the post office so I can listen to more Bloodfever in the car!!! :jiggy:

maryjane
07-16-2008, 10:41 AM
All the time...I use to take my books to work with me and read them on any break that I would get...when I was in school I would take my books and read them at lunch and when I was working in the library at the school I would read there too. The library was a great place for me LOL

MissAmy
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
All the time for me also

Alex Holbrook
07-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Absolutely. It's either the book that I'm reading or the character that I'm writing about at the time. It's such a pain.

mandy
07-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, happens to me all the time, with audiobooks, too! As if I needed another reason to not want to be here, LOL. I can't wait to go to the post office so I can listen to more Bloodfever in the car!!! :jiggy:

Jenn what did you think of Darkfever on Audio?

dawnab19
07-16-2008, 11:14 AM
OMG that happens all the time to me. Especially when the book is so good that it never really leaves you even after you have finished it.

Viking Princess
07-16-2008, 11:23 AM
ALL the time. The absolute worst I can remember is when I had to work a closing shift when I had started New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. I couldn't function until Edward and Bella were back together! It was distroying my whole universe!!!!

mandy
07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
ALL the time. The absolute worst I can remember is when I had to work a closing shift when I had started New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. I couldn't function until Edward and Bella were back together! It was distroying my whole universe!!!!

Oh I remember that moment!! I was sick the week I was reading New moon and I think waiting for that part was making me worse!

Christina
07-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I hate having to put a book down in the middle, especially if it is a book that had totally sucked me in. I usually end up being totally useless for a day or two when I have a new book. It is always easier to put down the book the second time around, because you know it's gonna be ok.

Jenn
07-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Jenn what did you think of Darkfever on Audio?

I really liked it, Mandy! Her Jericho took some for me to get used to... but then I know she is also the narrator for Linda Howard's Cry No More (so I was wondering what James Diaz was doing in Dublin, as that is obviously who her accented male voice reminded me of, LOL). But over all, she did a great job! Just started BloodFever this morning; so far so good!

LisK
07-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Yep, happens to me too. And usually there's no one to talk about books with - except everyone on this board (thank God we can all share these things or I would be totally looney!!) :jiggy:

Dageus'Lass
07-16-2008, 01:18 PM
yes I'm not allowed to read at work only on my lunch break and I'm not happy about that

Achaius
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes. I hate stopping a book for any reason. LOL

Lana
07-16-2008, 02:02 PM
LMAO, YES!!! Seriously considering taking the first week of August off of work, because, 3 books!!!!

Anita
07-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Oh yes all the time!

kcvron
07-16-2008, 04:41 PM
all the time. i just soilder on thru my work and as soon as i get a chance i go home and read my book and pretend i'm not there when someone knocks or there is a call :D or i just take the book to my job and read when my boss isn't looking:D

cedemaree
07-16-2008, 04:44 PM
it happens to me ALLLLLLLLLLLL the time!

mandy
07-17-2008, 04:29 AM
Woo..... I'm not alone!!! Thank goodness for that!! And yes LisaK I know what you mean if I didn't have this board I don't know what I'd do!

Caitríona
07-17-2008, 07:47 AM
God, every day. Eventually I end up just writing an entirely new romance novel in my head to pass the time (sewing doesn't require much thought, lol). Oh, and the best part about that is, they all star me! :2v-vi:

Vicki
07-17-2008, 08:14 AM
You are most certainly not alone :smiley_lol tiny:! There is nothing I hate more than being taken away from my books!!!

tempest
07-18-2008, 01:10 AM
YES! Darn those jobs where they expect us to work! And someone always seems to call on the phone when you get to a great scene! :realmad:

Beware_of_Italics
07-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Oh, yeah. I sometimes like to read before school starts and during lunch. I always resent it when the little hellions come into the classroom. :arghhh: Lol!

pickles916
07-18-2008, 01:40 AM
It always happens to me... I am an industrial janitor so when I am cleaning a particularly nasty toilet I keep thinking that there is a better place I could be.... so I start thinking of what I have read so far and try to figure out the book.... so it does help me get through my day.... also I have a friend I work with that I got hooked on the KMM books so we usually start drooling over the books and resent that we are still in Hell.