PDA

View Full Version : I didn't think I was seeing things...

Jenn
09-14-2007, 05:09 PM
There's a road race going on here in my town this afternoon, so every once in awhile, I glance up and see someone run past. Well, about 10 minutes ago I glanced up and there went a guy running by in a kilt! I wasn't sure that's what it was, thinking perhaps he had a shirt tied around his waist. My brother just showed up and I asked him if he saw a guy running in a kilt... after rolling his eyes at me (yes, he makes fun of the highlander books I love), he said he didn't see him, but there could have been because he saw a woman running in a tutu.

If I weren't feeling so crappy, I would have jumped in my car and driven down there, but then I probably would have hit someone, so that's just a bad idea! Anyhow, I just happened to be on here when I saw him, so I just had to mention it! :D

highlanderlas
09-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Isn't that cool? Kilts are becoming more mainstream.

MissAmy
09-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Jenn, how funny is that.. I don't think you mind was playing tricks on you..

MeShelle
09-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh that is to funny... You probably did see a guy i a kilt, i mean if your brother said there was a girl in a tutu than a kilt in no were out of the ordinary

Liberty
09-14-2007, 06:13 PM
hehe that's funny, there probably was a guy in a kilt that ran by.

Beware_of_Italics
09-14-2007, 06:19 PM
First you get Gerry, then a kilted man begging you to chase him down the road like catnip to a cat. :D Too bad your footsie is injured.

Now that's an idea. Drive down to the finish line, and when you see him, feign a sprain. It's worked for several heroines in romance novels, so why not test the theory for real life? Yes, Jenn, in the name of science just do it. Do it for womankind!

Kristin
(with her head in the clouds?)

LisK
09-14-2007, 09:21 PM
First you get Gerry, then a kilted man begging you to chase him down the road like catnip to a cat. :D Too bad your footsie is injured.

Now that's an idea. Drive down to the finish line, and when you see him, feign a sprain. It's worked for several heroines in romance novels, so why not test the theory for real life? Yes, Jenn, in the name of science just do it. Do it for womankind!

Kristin
(with her head in the clouds?)

Great idea Kristin!!! Jenn, you've got to help us out here!
Okay, if the race is over now, maybe they're having a post race celebration and all you have to do is find out where & drive over and find the kilted runner, and fake the sprain, and rest, as they say, will be history!!! :03:
Oh, and then, of course, let us know what happens!!!

ginaj
09-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Yeah! And then if he doesn't help you, you hobble up to him and rip that kilt off (take a peek) then yell at him for not doing that scottish thing by helping you and tell him to look up the William Lawson adds on youtube!:happy0194:

Bella...
09-14-2007, 09:42 PM
"WhooHoooo" Jenn !! I will never see that in my neck of the woods Believe Me !!

Jenn
09-14-2007, 09:51 PM
LOL, you goils are too funny! I don't know what kind of race this was, but it was a long one... I still saw runners passing the house when it was getting quite dark out! You all are right, though... I should have, at the very least, hopped in the car to get a better look! :D

Maria
09-14-2007, 10:58 PM
:D LOL, What a day you had, I would've loved to have seen the man in a kilt.

Cheryle
09-15-2007, 04:24 PM
LOL I bet you did a double take on that!