+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: ryodan

  1. #1
    Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24

    Default ryodan

    i came across this. thought it was interesting:

    In Irish mythology, Brigit or Brighid ("exalted one"[citation needed]) was the daughter of the Dagda and one of the Tuatha Dé Danann. She was the wife of Bres of the Fomorians, with whom she had a son, Ruadán.

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigid

  2. #2
    Adam is mine! Maria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    7,501

    Default

    Hmmm, interesting, thanks for sharing.
    Moning Maniac#132

  3. #3
    Mega Maniac Wildernessgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Telluride, CO
    Posts
    3,723

    Default

    Thanks! I cam across Ryodan as well but it was Welsh for someone who dwells or fords rivers. It was spelled different but pronounced the same. I doubt it is correct but thought it interesting if Ryodan and Jericho are half fae. It would make sense. Ryodan also reminds me of Adam Black's real name which is Amadan which makes me think he might be at least half fae. I bet he's dark like Adam and Jericho. Daoine Sidhe (sp?) maybe?

  4. #4
    Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Thanks, something else to think about.

  5. #5
    Maniac Glorianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    73

    Post Nifty...

    Ah, Ryodan, one of my favorites. That's interesting, though. And Barrons says that they're brothers "of a sort." Hm...
    "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love." -- Charlie Brown

  6. #6
    highfrequencychick shannan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    salem oregon
    Posts
    125

    Icon21 wiki is our friend

    Quote Originally Posted by valentine View Post
    i came across this. thought it was interesting:

    In Irish mythology, Brigit or Brighid ("exalted one"[citation needed]) was the daughter of the Dagda and one of the Tuatha Dé Danann. She was the wife of Bres of the Fomorians, with whom she had a son, Ruadán.

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigid

    check this out there was a thread out there some where about this too...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaun_Zuria

  7. #7
    highfrequencychick shannan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    salem oregon
    Posts
    125

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildernessgirl View Post
    Thanks! I cam across Ryodan as well but it was Welsh for someone who dwells or fords rivers. It was spelled different but pronounced the same. I doubt it is correct but thought it interesting if Ryodan and Jericho are half fae. It would make sense. Ryodan also reminds me of Adam Black's real name which is Amadan which makes me think he might be at least half fae. I bet he's dark like Adam and Jericho. Daoine Sidhe (sp?) maybe?
    ooohh ooohh what if jzb and ryodan are illigitimate ADAM sons??? oooh yeah!!!!

  8. #8
    I'm Back! Nurslings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Why has Mac never gone to chesters? That would have been on my To do list as soon as I knew what IYCGM was after talking to him on the phone . I liked the theory that him and barrons were twins. That would be interesting lol
    ~Erika~ Mom (4 kids!), Author (ER Pierce), Blogger (Badass Book Reviews), Avid Reader of UF/PNR/Erotic Fiction

    "Get your own fashion advisor."

    Barrons... Killing a Fae near you...

  9. #9
    I'm Back! Nurslings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Chesters....

    I gotta admit that ever since I learned about Chesters and Ryodan I have been intrigued to find out more, and have been confused why Mac hadn't tracked him down yet.... LOL but now after the latest newsletter..... Man I want to find out even more!!! I can't wait to learn about chesters and Ryodan. But I'm confused....

    what's this about Chesters being an underground club from an UNSEELIE point of view???

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    what could that mean

  10. #10
    Mega Maniac Wildernessgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Telluride, CO
    Posts
    3,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurslings View Post
    I gotta admit that ever since I learned about Chesters and Ryodan I have been intrigued to find out more, and have been confused why Mac hadn't tracked him down yet.... LOL but now after the latest newsletter..... Man I want to find out even more!!! I can't wait to learn about chesters and Ryodan. But I'm confused....

    what's this about Chesters being an underground club from an UNSEELIE point of view???

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    what could that mean
    OMG! Was another newsletter sent out? I'm not sure what you are referring to. I agree though about why she didn't look Ryodan up. The same goes for mural on the ceiling at bookstore. It would be things I would have found time to do. Same for meeting the other Mackeltars.

    I think Ryodan and Jericho might be twins as well. It makes so much sense. If Mac ends up with Jericho I get Ryodan . I'm just putting that out there now.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts