+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrons identity...

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by libelinha View Post
    There's gossip around that he's the kidnapped boy.

In Bloodfever Barrons said he killed the bastard (didn't say in the book what the bastard was) who broke him right after he killed his wife.

Who was it that broke Barrons?
    What if this is a play on words? What if the "bastard" is the dark side of the Unseelie King, and JZB killed his dark side with his bare hands (by creating the Book, effectively killing that side of himself) after he "killed" the bad side's wife (which could be either the Original Seelie Queen that was his consort, or--because of what he had become--his concubine that killed herself)?

Just a thought that has been niggling at the back of my mind. I'm not sure I believe he is the UK but you never know. I'm just covering all my bases.

Quote Originally Posted by highland_lass18 View Post
    What if this is a play on words? What if the "bastard" is the dark side of the Unseelie King, and JZB killed his dark side with his bare hands (by creating the Book, effectively killing that side of himself) after he "killed" the bad side's wife (which could be either the Original Seelie Queen that was his consort, or--because of what he had become--his concubine that killed herself)?

Just a thought that has been niggling at the back of my mind. I'm not sure I believe he is the UK but you never know. I'm just covering all my bases.
    wow I never would have thought of that. I wouldn't put it past Karen to be that tricky .

I think Barrons is the boy that was held captive. Reason being is that it's just way to coincidental and also, everyone keeps saying that Barrons needs watching. Watching from what?? V'lane must obviously know about Barrons past and probably thinks that Barrons is planning some big revenge which is why he so desperately wants the book. Just a thought!
    Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you

Maniac

This has been mentioned briefly, but has Barrons "smelling" Mac been discussed? He makes several references to being able to smell her. He also makes reference to smelling blood in the bookstore. The only other references, that I know of, of smelling have been made by fae. V'lane says she smells differently at the beginning of the book, Darroc can smell her bloodline?
    Something else weirdly fae, When Barrons is about to reach for the book, it gets really cold and the street ices.

Quote Originally Posted by luthien View Post
    Instead of my pondering the theory of him being the UK, maybe he is actually the 4th prince, War? Or another house that KMM hasn't told us about yet but will be revealed in Dreamfever? Any theories on the relevance of the torques and JZB? Thanks!
    Barrons could be War and thats why the fourth UP is missing and why at the end of BF Mac gets a scene of JB's past its war. If this so so then how did he get out in the first place? With the UK's help?

I don't think Barron's is the Unseelie King- I think he's probably another druid that's gone Dark Sorcerer. In the first prologue of the Spell of the Highlander, the Queen sees an ancient sorcerer in Tibet seeking the unholiest of the dark hallows. He's never mentioned, and the reader never meets him in this book. Couldn't this be Barrons?

Quote Originally Posted by luthien View Post
    I've been pondering the significance of the torques and cuffs worn by the fae princes. Adam wore a torque. The Unseelie princes at the end of FF are wearing torques. JZB wears a torque. If Adam was the last prince of the D'Jai house, and of course the unseelie princes have their houses, what house is JZB from? Instead of my pondering the theory of him being the UK, maybe he is actually the 4th prince, War? Or another house that KMM hasn't told us about yet but will be revealed in Dreamfever? Any theories on the relevance of the torques and JZB? Thanks!
    JZB wears a torque? I know he wears a cuff .... where can I find that?

I So Glad To Hear That I Am Not The Only One With That Thought On Barrons... I Argee That He Very Well Could Be The Little Boy! Could Explain Why He And V'lane Bump Heads.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE SSMA, GBCL, SS, AND BDB

Quote Originally Posted by Iona View Post
    JZB wears a torque? I know he wears a cuff .... where can I find that?
    I'll have to recheck that, but I'm almost sure I read he had a torque on in either the 1st or 2nd fever book. Now I'm going to have to go back and look again! Sheesh ... well that would blow my new line of thought out the door if he wasn't! lol

Okay Iona ... In Darkfever (page 111) "He'd rolled the sleeves back at his wrists; on powerful forearm sported a .... watch, the other an embossed, wide silver cuff that looked very old and Celtic." And (page 204) "He had on that heavy silver Celtic wrist cuff again ...complemented by a black-and-silver torque at his throat." Okay, torque established!
    Last edited by luthien; 09-19-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Researched fact.

Maniac

I think JZB is the unseelie king. How about when v'lane and Mac are eating on one of their little island trips near the end of FF and she asks about the book and he mentions the Unseelie king and says "You don't know who he is?" Could he be alluding to JZB?

+ Reply to Thread