+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Karen Faefever Chat Transcript & Notes Thread

Yes, I am a Mrs. Stiffler FeverChick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedXava View Post
    Q: Will we get the back story about how the Book came to be in the Abbey, how it was guarded, how the seer's protected themselves from being corrupted by it, how it got out of the Abbey and where it has been for these past twenty-some years?

A: Oh, yes, and it's a whopper

Q: (paraphrased, didn't get to copy the question) Have you ever driven a Viper? If so, did it influence you writing FF?

A: Yes, I've driven a Viper and no, my experience was that my prior boyfriend was actually way MORE satisfying, LOL

Q: I've been a fan for at least a 4 years or so. I love Faefever. The series so far has been a wild ride. So, my question to you is a little personal one. Do you have siblings? In particular a sister. I have a sister who is 6 years older than me and we are very close. She is my only sibling. The relationship that you describe in the Fever series between Mac and Alina remind me of my sister and I. Even down to the nick names that she and I call each other and no one else does. The pages that were sent to Mac in Faefever got me really emotional. The thoughts that were going through Alina's mind were so genuine. I ask about the relationship, because not all sisters are close and you captured that fierce sisterly bond. Thank you for your time and I can't wait to hear from you during chat tomorrow!

A: Hi Latina Lass! Yes I have two sisters and we're very close and I don't
    ever want to imagine life without them.

Q: Why are your Fever books shorter?

A: They actually aren't. All my Highlander books were roughly 95-100,000 words. Faefever came in at about 105,000. A lot of book packaging is deceptive. How much white space the publisher uses, thinner paper for cheaper shipping, ergo larger publisher profits. I don't know why people keep thinking they're shorter. They're not.

Q: Karen I have read your blog, your note at the end of Faefever, and your response in the rape thread on the message boards. I know that the rape scene had purpose in your story. Moreover, I myself had an insightful journey due to the above materials. However, I wondered if you ever worry about alienating readers from the Fever series or your books in general. I took the time out to get the story behind the rape but not all of your readers are going to do that and I thought it must be really hard on an author to know that they have a scene that is crucial to their story but may cause readers to stop buying their books. How do you handle it?

A: I said this in a recent, smaller chat at another board. I look at it this way: No matter what I write (or any author writes) some people will love the book, some will "meh" it, and some will despise it. Period. Even if I tried to sit down and write the most universally pleasing, inoffensive, politically correct book, I would still fail to please everyone. All I can do at the end of the day is be true to my muse. The moment I alter my writing to please "X" over here, "Y" over there will get angry with me and if I change it to make "Y" happy, then "Z" will write to tell me he used to be my biggest fan but he hates what "Y" likes. So I tell the stories I have to tell and take none of it personally. Not even when some people try to make it persona
    l.

Q: Does any of the Fae history in Into Dreaming hold any truth for the Fever series? Because I noticed the origins of the Unseelie King seemed to be different.

A: Aha--good question. The Fae history in ITD is slightly different because I couldn't write the same characters as it was for a different publisher, so disregard ITD in light of the Fever series
    Oh, btw in my recent move I found 25 copies of ITD and saw the thread on the MB about people having a hard time locating it. IT irks me how much amazon charges for shipping so I'm giving signed copies away for the price of an SASE. See Leiha for details.

Q: Anita is dying to know how you got the idea for Dani.

A: She came as part of the package, in toto. I really can't say she came from one place or the other. She was just there.

Q: Aside from Christian, will any of the children from the highlander series characters make an apppearance(or have already made an appearance) in the Fever series?

A: No.

Q: Question for Karen - when Fae project human glamour, can they project glamour of the opposite gender ?

A: yes

Q: My question.....Was Barrons REALLY offended by the birthday cake Mac bought him...or...was is because of...something else? Was he truly touched by it...but didn't want to admit it?

A:? (missed this answer, if anyone can help out I'd appreciate it)

Q: amberplumeria wants to know If QA reclaimed the hallows from Circenn, how did the sidhe-seers get the sword and is it significant?

A: There's been some infighting in the Fae and what's not significant would be spoiler, sorry, can't take that one too far

Q:Nala wants to know why can Barron Smeel Blood?

A: I'm sure she does, LOL

Q: rfan wants to know In the Fever books have we seen all 5 druids that Aoibheal wanted assembled?

A: sort of

Q: will we get more JB and Mac togetherness in DF? he wasn't around much in FF. Will we atlest get a kiss? Imissed the chemistry/tension this book!

A: uh huh
    I promise you what you think you want. It just may not be how you think you want it.

Q: will we see adam again? Is he connected to the UK?

A: Ah, Adam. I doubt you'll see him again in this series. You may hear of or about him. My doorbell is ringing, give me five

Q: is there another character we havent seen that will have considerable influence on the story?

A: there's that SEEN word again.
    Has anyone seen the UK?

Q: Can you confirm whether War came in at the end of the rape scene and joined in?

A: as if!

Q: Will Drustans pure heart have anything to do with the Fever story?

A: yes

Q: Is there any connection between Macs dreams recurring after all this time and Barrons comingthrough the glass with the woman?

A: odd question. no. although obviously the extreme cold indicates Unseelie in both cases

Q: Will we find out is JZB real name in Dreamfever?

A: No.
    the z is pertinent

Q: Will the MacKeltar time traveling stones play a part in future books?

A: not in a time reversal sense

Q: Mary Jane would like to ask this: by HEA for MAc does she simply mean happily ever after or does she mean there will be a HEA with a man.

A: I promise you a fulfilling HEA. I promise.

Nice tidbit:
    There will be some other men like Ryodan making an appearance in DM

Last but not least:
    Barrons is not the boy in faery he is much older than that
    Interesting tidbits! Thanks again for saving some of the transcript.

this is what I have recorder, sorry if it looks like it don+t make sense all the time, with the others you probably will get it straight, :)

1:06 AM [Karen Marie] Hi everyone and thanks for coming!!!
    1:06 AM [Leiha] they promised to be good and let you get oriented.
    1:07 AM [Karen Marie] What happened to your phone, Leiha? Been trying to call...
    1:07 AM [Leiha] I wondered why you didn't call, I don't know, It's right next to me.
    1:07 AM [Karen Marie] Try calling me
    1:07 AM [Leiha] damn verizon!

1:07 AM [Karen Marie] I'm ready for questions, be gentle, LOL
    1:08 AM [Leiha] Melissa asks: Will we get the back story about how the Book came to be in the Abbey, how it was guarded, how the seer's protected themselves from being corrupted by it, how it got out of the Abbey and where it has been for these past twenty-some years?
    1:08 AM [Karen Marie] Oh, yes, and it's a whopper
    1:09 AM [Karen Marie] Just that there's a lot of depth and richness to the story
    1:09 AM [Leiha] Lin asks: Have you driven a Viper, and if so was Mac's description of the driving experience, your experience?
    1:09 AM [Karen Marie] Yes, I've driven a Viper and no, my experience was that my prior boyfriend was actually way MORE satisfying, LOL
    1:10 AM [amberplumeria] leiha, are we allowed to ask follow up questions to answers karen has alread given?
    1:10 AM [Karen Marie] I'm good, thanks for asking!
    1:10 AM [Leiha] Latina Lass asks: I've been a fan for at least a 4 years or so. I love Faefever. The series so far has been a wild ride. So, my question to you is a little personal one. Do you have siblings? In particular a sister. I have a sister who is 6 years older than me and we are very close. She is my only sibling. The relationship that you describe in the Fever series between Mac and Alina remind me of my sister and I. Even down to the nick names that she and I call each other and no one else does. The pages that were sent to Mac in Faefever got me really emotional. The thoughts that were going through Alina's mind were so genuine. I ask about the relationship, because not all sisters are close and you captured that fierce sisterly bond. Thank you for your time and I can't wait to hear from you during chat tomorrow!
    1:10 AM [melissa] You are the queen of answering without out answering aren't you? Is that something you practice?? LOL
    1:10 AM [Leiha] LOL melissa
    1:11 AM [Karen Marie] Hi Latina Lass! Yes I have two sisters and we're very close and I don't ever want to imagine life without them.
    1:11 AM [LatinaLass] Cool. I feel that bond in the book.
    1:11 AM [Karen Marie] Not the way I feel today (about the much older part, LOL)
    1:12 AM [Leiha] Carrie asks: Why are your Fever books shorter?
    1:13 AM [Leiha] Karen did you see Carrie's question? Why are your fever books shorter?

1:13 AM [Karen Marie] They actually aren't. All my Highlander books were roughly 95-100,000 words. Faefever came in at about 105,000. A lot of book packaging is deceptive. How much white space the publisher uses, thinner paper for cheaper shipping, ergo larger publisher profits. I don't know why people keep thinking they're shorter. They're not.
    1:13 AM [Karen Marie] I'm a sloooow typer, you know that Leiha LOL

1:14 AM [Leiha] LOL just making sure.
    1:14 AM [deadman] printing font changes the physica size as well
    1:14 AM [Karen Marie] Yes, deadman it does. What a name btw
    1:14 AM [Leiha] Nancy asks: Karen I have read your blog, your note at the end of Faefever, and your response in the rape thread on the message boards. I know that the rape scene had purpose in your story. Moreover, I myself had an insightful journey due to the above materials. However, I wondered if you ever worry about alienating readers from the Fever series or your books in general. I took the time out to get the story behind the rape but not all of your readers are going to do that and I thought it must be really hard on an author to know that they have a scene that is crucial to their story but may cause readers to stop buying their books. How do you handle it?
    1:15 AM [Anita] Good question
    1:15 AM [Karen Marie] I said this in a recent, smaller chat at another board. I look at it this way: No matter what I write (or any author writes) some people will love the book, some will "meh" it, and some will despise it. Period. Even if I tried to sit down and write the most universally pleasing, inoffensive, politically correct book, I would still fail to please everyone. All I can do at the end of the day is be true to my muse. The moment I alter my writing to please "X" over here, "Y" over there will get angry with me and if I change it to make "Y" happy, then "Z" will write to tell me he used to be my biggest fan but he hates what "Y" likes. So I tell the stories I have to tell and take none of it personally. Not even when some people try to make it personal.
    1:16 AM [Karen Marie] It;s honestly the only way a writer can handle the job, imho

1:16 AM [Leiha] Jubes asks: Does any of the Fae history in Into Dreaming hold any truth for the Fever series? Because I noticed the origins of the Unseelie King seemed to be different.
    1:17 AM [Karen Marie] Aha--good question. The Fae history in ITD is slightly different because I couldn't write the same characters as it was for a different publisher, so disregard ITD in light of the Fever series
    1:18 AM [Leiha] I think you just made their heads spin, LOL.
    [Karen Marie]Oh, btw in my recent move I found 25 copies of ITD and saw the thread on the MB about people having a hard time locating it. IT irks me how much amazon charges for shipping so I'm giving signed copies away for the price of an SASE. See Leiha for details.

1:20 AM [Leiha] I think I have some also, I'm going to work out the details but please don't spend your money on it at Amazon
    1:20 AM [Karen Marie] That's cause I have the BEST fans!
    1:20 AM [Leiha] I agree
    1:21 AM [Leiha] Anita is dying to know how you got the idea for Dani.
    1:22 AM [Leiha] LD, that is what amazon is doing also which we don't approve of.

1:22 AM [Karen Marie] She came as part of the package, in toto. I really can't say she came from one place or the other. She was just there.
    1:22 AM [Anita] Thanks Karen!!! I LOVE Dani
    1:22 AM [Karen Marie] Thanks Anita!
    1:23 AM [Karen Marie] Wait till you see who I model after you, JO, LOL
    1:23 AM [*Jo*] Crap!:swoon
    1:23 AM [LovesDarkness] AWE!!! I love you Sassy!!! Id hug you but I'm clinging to Barrons let at the moment
    1:23 AM [Becky] i know but i think he would get a kick out of her
    1:23 AM [PeachesNCream] .
    1:23 AM [Karen Marie] Get off Barrons you wench
    1:23 AM [Karen Marie] sorry, couldnt resist lovesdarkness, LOL

1:23 AM [*Jo*] He's mine. I can handl him...NO PROB
    1:23 AM [Leiha] Leelu asks: Aside from Christian, will any of the children from the highlander series characters make an apppearance(or have already made an appearance) in the Fever series?
    1:24 AM [Karen Marie] No.
    1:24 AM [LovesDarkness] lol...s'ok Karen...I still luffs joo!
    1:24 AM [Karen Marie] by the way, wench is what me and my sisters call each other affectionately
    1:24 AM [Karen Marie] boy was the grammer bad in that sentence or what?
    1:25 AM [Danu] lol my name plate on my desk reads Office Wench ... my sister got it for me
    1:25 AM [LatinaLass] I call my sister a ho bag. .lo,
    1:23 AM [WeeJamie] JB says "back off"......he belongs to me!
    1:23 AM [Leiha] Leelu asks: Aside from Christian, will any of the children from the highlander series characters make an apppearance(or have already made an appearance) in the Fever series?
    1:24 AM [Karen Marie] No.
    1:24 AM [Karen Marie] by the way, wench is what me and my sisters call each other affectionately
    1:24 AM [Karen Marie] boy was the grammer bad in that sentence or what?
    1:26 AM [Karen Marie] I wanted to say thanks to all of you for making the MB so awesome!
    :27 AM [Karen Marie] I hope you guys know how much it means to me, when I'm kind of cut off being ill, to have such a great connection to you all
    1:27 AM [Karen Marie] Thank you!!

1:29 AM [Leiha] we can just carry her around on a pillow, LOL.
    1:29 AM [tsukino_aiko] I like it
    1:29 AM [Karen Marie] Can't Barrons is in ...well, I can't tell you where he is
    1:30 AM [Karen Marie] Leiha you hold a lot more than my pen, chick, you keep my world together
    1:30 AM [Karen Marie] I dfidn't say he was in Dublin

1:30 AM [Leiha] awww, thanks! You know I love you!
    1:30 AM [Leiha] from macfan: Question for Karen - when Fae project human glamour, can they project glamour of the opposite gender ?

1:30 AM [Karen Marie] yes
    Last edited by Nala147; 09-25-2008 at 07:42 AM.

second part

31 AM [Leiha] I dn't see it I'm addiceted
    1:34 AM [Leiha] Please no more periods

1:34 AM [Karen Marie] what's happening?
    1:34 AM [Leiha] if you get logged out log in
    1:34 AM [Leiha] people are worried about being booted
    1:34 AM [Karen Marie] what's with the periods?
    1:34 AM [Leiha] we need to slow things down
    1:34 AM [Leiha] stay calm

1:35 AM [Karen Marie] Sorry Jo, you'll just have to wait and see
    1:35 AM [Leiha] If you have pressing questions you can send them to me. ...
    1:35 AM [Leiha] Lovesdarkness: My question.....Was Barrons REALLY offended by the birthday cake Mac bought him...or...was is because of...something else? Was he truly touched by it...but didn't want to admit it?

1:35 AM [Leiha] I will not be asking every question please keep that in mind.
    1:36 AM [Karen Marie] Leaving that to your insight. That's part of what this series is about. You guys are so smart, and have some of the greatest conversations about this stuff. I was especially impressed with the Birthday cake thread
    1:36 AM [MeShelle] Karen you are too good at not answering

1:36 AM [Karen Marie] I ordered one just like it after I wrote the scene because it made me so hungry
    1:36 AM [Karen Marie] fantastic!
    1:37 AM [Karen Marie] i sort of wanted to smear the cake on...uh, TMI
    1:37 AM [Karen Marie] only death will kill my sex drive, LOL

1:38 AM [Leiha] amberplumeria wants to know If QA reclaimed the hallows from Circenn, how did the sidhe-seers get the sword and is it significant?
    1:38 AM [Leiha] lacey I don't see your Q anymore can you re-send?

1:38 AM [K.J.] i think he secretly likes her in pink
    1:38 AM [Karen Marie] There's been some infighting in the Fae and what's not significant would be spoiler, sorry, can't take that one too far
    1:39 AM [Leiha] Lacey asks Does Mac's biological father have any signifigance in the series?
    1:39 AM [Karen Marie] Um, not anything hidden or cryptic, really, no
    1:40 AM [Karen Marie] Wondered when someone would comment on my color

1:41 AM [Leiha] Did you answer about Mac's bio dad?
    1:41 AM [Leiha] Nala wants to know why can Barron Smeel Blood?

1:41 AM [Karen Marie] I'm sure she does, LOL
    1:41 AM [jubilee] Jericho is a bloodhound
    1:42 AM [*Jo*] Black hound...
    1:42 AM [Leiha] LOL
    1:42 AM [Leiha] Feverfan wants to know In the Fever books have we seen all 5 druids that Aoibheal wanted assembled?

1:43 AM [Karen Marie] Yes
    1:43 AM [Karen Marie] sort of

1:43 AM [amberplumeria] karen, "yes" or "sort of" ? those are different answers, lol
    1:43 AM [Karen Marie] you guys said "see". Has anyone seen Dageus?
    1:44 AM [Karen Marie] did we? I thought we just heard about him from Barrons. Oh, no, am I messing up my own books?
    1:44 AM [Leiha] LMAO!
    1:45 AM [Karen Marie] What's this Adam questions people are jonesing about. I think they might hurt us if I don't hear it
    1:45 AM [Leiha] nancila, no adam question was sent in. and I still have other questions.
    1:45 AM [Leiha] no one sent in one

1:45 AM [Karen Marie] well, send it in. I might answer
    1:46 AM [Leiha] you guys are confusing PMing me in chat with PMing my on the board.
    1:46 AM [Leiha] I'm addicted aska: will we get more JB and Mac togetherness in DF? he wasn't around much in FF. Will we atlest get a kiss? Imissed the chemistry/tension this book!

1:47 AM [Karen Marie] Uh huh.
    1:48 AM [Karen Marie] I promise you what you think you want. It just may not be how you think you want it.
    AM [Leiha] [flamebow] asks: will we see adam again? Is he connected to the UK?
    1:49 AM [Karen Marie] Ah, Adam. I doubt you'll see him again in this series. You may hear of or about him. My doorbell is ringing, give me five
    1:50 AM [Karen Marie] sorry, new in neighborhood and they brought me brownies!!

AM [Leiha] vixn2rame: Question: is there another character we havent seen that will have considerable influence on the story?
    1:51 AM [Leiha] slow down so karen can see the question

1:51 AM [Karen Marie] there's that SEEN word again.
    1:51 AM [Leiha] danu I don't have a question from you
    1:51 AM [Karen Marie] Has anyone seen the UK?
    1:51 AM [Karen Marie] There will be some other men like Ryodan making an appearance in DMF

1:52 AM [Leiha] [Aeris] Can you confirm whether War came in at the end of the rape scene and joined in?
    1:52 AM [Karen Marie] as if!
    1:53 AM [Leiha] this one I HAD to ask:[Eliana] Will Drustans pure heart have anything to do with the Fever story?
    1:52 AM [Natresse] as in you can't say or as in he wouldn't do that?
    1:52 AM [Leiha] thought we would try, LOL
    1:52 AM [Karen Marie] exactly natresse
    1:53 AM [Karen Marie] yes
    AM [Leiha] [Pinkfrog] Is there any connection between Macs dreams recurring after all this time and Barrons coming through the glass with the woman?
    1:55 AM [Karen Marie] odd question. no. although obviously the extreme cold indicates Unseelie in both cases
    1:56 AM [Leiha] [LatinaLass] Will we find out is JZB real name in Dreamfever?
    1:57 AM [Karen Marie] all the fae royalty, unseelie and seelie, affect the weather around them
    1:57 AM [Leiha] please don't ask questions here
    1:58 AM [Leiha] you are cluttering up the chat and karen will miss the questions
    1:58 AM [Karen Marie] i've done three chats in my life and get easily confused by them
    1:58 AM [Leiha] karen did you see the question about JZB's real name?
    1:58 AM [Karen Marie] no, what was it
    :59 AM [Leiha] will we find out his real name in Dreamfever?
    1:59 AM [Karen Marie] you mean you want to know what the Z stands for or if any of it is his real name?
    1:59 AM [Knordeng] both

1:59 AM [Karen Marie] Ah, I see Leiha's question. No.
    1:59 AM [Leiha] LMAO!
    [Karen Marie] you will, however, find out much more about JZB in df
    2:00 AM [Karen Marie] I meant dmf
    2:01 AM [Leiha] [SidheSaid] Question: Will the MacKeltar time traveling stones play a part in future books?
    2:01 AM [Leiha] please keep discussion comments for the board.

2:01 AM [Karen Marie] not in a time reversal sense
    2:01 AM [Leiha] want to try to get more q's in
    2:01 AM [Leiha] we only have a couple of moments left with karen

2:02 AM [Karen Marie] bye and thanks for coming so late!
    2:02 AM [Leiha] Mary Jane would like to ask this: by HEA for MAc does she simply mean happily ever after or does she mean there will be a HEA with a man.
    2:02 AM [Leiha] you are burying the questions
    2:02 AM [Leiha] Mary Jane would like to ask this: by HEA for MAc does she simply mean happily ever after or does she mean there will be a HEA with a man.
    2:02 AM [Karen Marie] I promise you a fulfilling HEA. I promise.
    2:03 AM [Karen Marie] I know Melissa
    2:03 AM [Karen Marie] I honestly don
    2:03 AM [Karen Marie] t do it to torture you.
    2:04 AM [Karen Marie] What I said was I honestly dont do it to torture you
    2:05 AM [Karen Marie] I'm pretty sick. But I'm with family and I have you guys and I will get thru this. Thanks so much for asking!

2:05 AM [Karen Marie] There's one more question, Leiha, a major spoiler, remember?
    2:06 AM [Karen Marie] they didn't ask, can you believe it?

2:06 AM [Leiha] Karen called and told me she would answer a specific spoiler question if someone asked it. No one asked, LOL.
    2:06 AM [Leiha] I know!

2:06 AM [Leiha] this was a specific one that many people have been wondering about
    2:06 AM [Leiha] I was shocked that Karen said she would answer it, LOL.
    2:07 AM [Leiha] hopefully this weekend, LOL
    2:07 AM [Leiha] I'm the meanie here, LOL.
    2:08 AM [Leiha] that's not wimpy!

2:08 AM [Karen Marie] Night all and thanks again so much for coming, for your amazing support and friendship!

Ok, I have no the question and the answerd here, but It was something like
    “Q: it is barrons the boy in the cage?
    “A: no, he is much older than that”
    Last edited by Nala147; 09-25-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedXava View Post
    Q: My question.....Was Barrons REALLY offended by the birthday cake Mac bought him...or...was is because of...something else? Was he truly touched by it...but didn't want to admit it?

A:? (missed this answer, if anyone can help out I'd appreciate it)
    It was something about leaving some things open to the readers creativity..

I wasn't around for the chat, so a BIG thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread!! You ladies are lovely!!!

Default Egads.... :0

Does that mean I'm gonna be a bag lady?!!!
    Gasp...

The Resident Nerdy Girl!! faeverish's Avatar

Thanks to everyone who help post the chat transcript and information

Thanks to VikingPrincess for my gorgeous siggy!!

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!!

I was so sad I had to WORK!

Thanks Karen & Leiha, and all you ladies for the great questions & transcript!

Maniac

WOW!! Truly, you guys are the best. Thank you all for taking the time to share all of this to those who were not able to make the chat. and

+ Reply to Thread