+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Posting custom Avatars and Signatures

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

This post is now edited completely to work with the new forum changes. Mostly the way to upload is the same, just where to go and how to get there is a bit different. To minimize confusion, I have images to help.

There are several ways to get to the place you need to get to. The first is the navigation in the top right corner.

Select SETTINGS.

OR

The main navigation on the left side above the message boards.

Select FORUM ACTIONS and then either EDIT PROFILE or GENERAL SETTINGS

Once you have selected any of the above options you need to look on the left side of the screen and find the MY SETTINGS option menu as seen below:

Select EDIT SIGNATURE to add or change a signature (siggy). If you have one already it will show a preview of your current signature and below that you will have this display (which is modified with text to ensure you go to the right spot.)

You need to go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account unless you have one already. Upload the image you want to add as a signature to photobucket. Please do not use any pre-exisiting photobucket uploaded link from someone who has made one for you as it will be linked to their bandwidth. You will want to use your own. Copy the URL with the IMG coding in it and paste in the text area of the signature space. DO NOT, I repeate, DO NOT upload your signature from the computer in the upload section because it WILL NOT save as the correct size or quality.

For Avatars chose EDIT AVATAR and you will get this screen.

Any of the options here will work, but in my opinion uploading avatars from the computer directly has the best quality in this option. Some of mine have been blurrier when added from a link. Make sure to pay attention to the sizing listed beside the upload options. If it is over 100x100 it will either resize or not upload. If it is over 19.5 KB it is likely not to upload directly. You can use a photobucket link to do one over that size, but sometimes it will not work if the file is too much larger than that.
    Last edited by Viking Princess; 01-08-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Good Job Vic.. Bravo... Bravo...lol

Original by Viking Princess
    Once in awhile,
    Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
    Love gives us a fairy tale.
    ~Author Unknown

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF RESEARCH!

to know me is to love me MeShelle's Avatar

Vic what would we all do without you...

Thanks VP that was very helpful, I've been wanting a siggy but was not sure how to go about it. I still have to find pics and a quote. Thanks again.
    *~*Billi*~*

you're welcome

LOL Meshelle, you would all be lost lost lost. (j/k)

to know me is to love me MeShelle's Avatar

lol...most possible...hehe

Vic, you rock! Thanks for taking the time to put this together, now all we have to do is link to this thread when someone asks how to post avi's and siggy's!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxie View Post
    Vic, you rock! Thanks for taking the time to put this together, now all we have to do is link to this thread when someone asks how to post avi's and siggy's!
    lol you're welcome! I was feeling lazy. I was repeating myself over and over in various pms with various people and was like....i need to say it somewhere and just link it.

Poor Vic, so many people so little time!

Rehvenge is a dish best served hot.
    Avi and Siggy by Viking Princess

The Avenger, aka Sweetness Love (The Faery Pimp), aka Miss Benevolence, aka YouTube Princess, aka Master Instigator

Thank you so much, I spent forever trying to figure out why my image was shrinking when I saw that people had bigger images. You rock! :)

+ Reply to Thread