> > >
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Folklore, Night Sheperd, & JZB...

  1. #1
    Queen of Peaches *Jo*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts =0]
    Posts
    8,813

    Question Folklore, Night Sheperd, & JZB...

    In European folklore, there is a fae that exists whose task is to wander the night...
    French: Bugul-Noz means "Night Sheperd":
    a fae who protect humans from the 'dangers of the evening. It is in the night that the Unseelie Court ride and the Sheperd would protect humans from the danger of the Hunt. One of six originally. Now alone...'


    Sounds an awfully alot like a character JZB fits...
    Has a 'B'.
    And a 'Z'.
    Does the 'G' become a soft sounding 'J'?!!


    So do you think that Karen used characteristics of this earth-bound fae, which very well could be Aes Si, Daione Sidhe, as a model for JZB?!



    Click here to read:

    www.efairies.com/fairy_lore.htm
    http://www.cohguru.com/forum/archive...p/t-10257.html

  2. #2
    Maniac Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Anything is possible!!

  3. #3
    Wrath's Woman LisK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    6,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *Jo* View Post
    In European folklore, there is a fae that exists whose task is to wander the night...
    French: Bugul-Noz means "Night Sheperd":
    a fae who protect humans from the 'dangers of the evening. It is in the night that the Unseelie Court ride and the Sheperd would protect humans from the danger of the Hunt. One of six originally. Now alone...'


    Sounds an awfully alot like a character JZB fits...
    Has a 'B'.
    And a 'Z'.
    Does the 'G' become a soft sounding 'J'?!!


    So do you think that Karen used characteristics of this earth-bound fae, which very well could be Aes Si, Daione Sidhe, as a model for JZB?!



    Click here to read:

    www.efairies.com/fairy_lore.htm
    http://www.cohguru.com/forum/archive...p/t-10257.html
    Okay, so you're saying that this fae, from FRENCH folklore (which doesn't mean there couldn't be an equivalent in Celtic folklore, cause often they do cross over, with minor variations depending on the culture) is JZB?
    Why?
    Because he protects Mac from the Unseelie (most of the time)? Where was he when they were all released on Halloween? How was that protecting her?
    Not saying you're not right - just questioning the reasoning.......

    Siggy by Viking Princess

    Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

  4. #4
    Gandylicious Stapes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Now this is a theory I can get behind. A mysterious hero, a savior wandering alone through the night. Sigh-that's my JB. I have my own fantasy world and I'm sticking to it!
    December was Christian-he knows naughty or nice.
    January was Grimm with his eyes of blue ice.
    Cian was November-when the Dark Glass set him free.
    Drustan in February made us think cherry tree.
    Dageus is March—Why, do you say?
    March has “Lips Appreciation” and “I’m in Control” day.
    Multiple Personalities-he was possessed by 13.
    When it comes to sacrifice-I’d say his was supreme.
    Return Borrowed Books week makes me think Gaulish Ghost.
    Yes, I would say March suits Dageus the most!

  5. #5
    Queen of Peaches *Jo*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts =0]
    Posts
    8,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LisK View Post
    Okay, so you're saying that this fae, from FRENCH folklore (which doesn't mean there couldn't be an equivalent in Celtic folklore, cause often they do cross over, with minor variations depending on the culture) is JZB?
    Why?
    Because he protects Mac from the Unseelie (most of the time)? Where was he when they were all released on Halloween? How was that protecting her?
    Not saying you're not right - just questioning the reasoning.......
    Actually, in one of the many sites I read in, this fae was Celtic, Irish more to the point. Only the title here is French & Basque is from the area Spain to France. The Celtic also tagged the name...
    He protects the humans in the night. Carrying their bodies after he finds them in Unseelie to bring him through the Unseelie mirror in his office.

    Wasn't JZB in Scotland trying to keep the veil up?!
    With the Keltars using black magic?! Halloween night.
    Probably using blood...
    There's always a price for black magic.
    Aye?!

  6. #6
    Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    219

    Thumbs up

    I like this theory, it makes Barrons more of a tortured soul to think he is all alone and the last of his kind. But then what/who is Ryoden?

    I haven't done any research into the Aes Si, or the Daione Sidhe to understand the differences between them and the ones KMM has already introduced to us. But even so, this would make for a great back-story for JZB.

  7. #7
    Queen of Peaches *Jo*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts =0]
    Posts
    8,813

    Thumbs up LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Now this is a theory I can get behind. A mysterious hero, a savior wandering alone through the night. Sigh-that's my JB. I have my own fantasy world and I'm sticking to it!
    OUR FANTASY, LASS!

  8. #8
    Wrath's Woman LisK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    6,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *Jo* View Post
    Actually, in one of the many sites I read in, this fae was Celtic, Irish more to the point. Only the title here is French & Basque is from the area Spain to France. The Celtic also tagged the name...
    He protects the humans in the night. Carrying their bodies after he finds them in Unseelie to bring him through the Unseelie mirror in his office.

    Wasn't JZB in Scotland trying to keep the veil up?!
    With the Keltars using black magic?! Halloween night.
    Probably using blood...
    There's always a price for black magic.
    Aye?!
    Okay, will go back & read some in your link. I can see this - esp. about the carrying the bodies through the mirror. But how is it that an earth-bound fae can travel through the silver so easily? Druid magic? I think it would take more than that...........

  9. #9
    Queen of Peaches *Jo*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts =0]
    Posts
    8,813

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by CandiD. View Post
    I like this theory, it makes Barrons more of a tortured soul to think he is all alone and the last of his kind. But then what/who is Ryoden?

    I haven't done any research into the Aes Si, or the Daione Sidhe to understand the differences between them and the ones KMM has already introduced to us. But even so, this would make for a great back-story for JZB.
    Ryodan I think is a Daione Sidhe Druid, such as the Keltars are to the Light Court of the Tuathe De.
    Sychronicity, symmetry & all that outside the box stuff.

    I have a thread about Daione Sidhe I think it's on page 4...At first there were only Tuatha De.
    Seelie or Light Court.
    Then came the 'Unseelie' when the Seelie King was banished and imprisoned in the Unseelie domain.

    The Daione Sidhe were Tuatha De, Seelie too at first. The Light Court lived in the sky with God. When Lucifer challenged God, this group of angels did not take a side for either.
    Lucifer was banished to hell aka the underworld & the Daione, aka DARK ANGELS chose to live on human earth underground guarding the Gates of Hell
    with their black dogs.

    In history of Ireland, after a battle with the Milesians & loosing, this group of Tuatha De retreated to the underground aka the Otherworld. King Finnbearra is their patriach. Aes Si, Aos Si & Daione Sidhe are one in the same.

    Check that thread because in it, there are a few sites you can click right into with all this detailed info within it. I just did a very brief summary here.

  10. #10
    Queen of Peaches *Jo*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts =0]
    Posts
    8,813

    Default I dunna ken...

    Quote Originally Posted by LisK View Post
    Okay, will go back & read some in your link. I can see this - esp. about the carrying the bodies through the mirror. But how is it that an earth-bound fae can travel through the silver so easily? Druid magic? I think it would take more than that...........
    ...except that I think that JB can travel to the underground, being underground fae & all. Not saying that he can't be affected , JB probably is to a certain degree. That's what his cuffs are for. Some kind of protection cause they must have some purpose. He even explained that to Mac.

    V'Lane explained something similar with his Cuffs of Cruce, the ones he wanted to give Mac. V'Lane also had some reaction when he passed through the warding of the seers...and he couldn't go through Barrons powerful wards of the BB&B no matter having the cuffs, that Barrons' magic was alot more potent than humans.

    So too would the Unseelie/Seelie magic to go below & pass the Tuatha veil that imprisons. YES?!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •