+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sidheach means?

Maniac

Default Sidheach means?

What Sidheach means?

Default Sidheach

If you "Google" the name, you will find Kabalarian Philosophy and it gives you a detail for the name....way too long to post....sounds just like him though

Maniac

From what I found that is an analysis of the individual letters in a name. I was wondering about a literal translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cielle View Post
    From what I found that is an analysis of the individual letters in a name. I was wondering about a literal translation.
    There was a feminine version of Sidheach too, but I don't know what it was. They used it when they addressed Adrienne in Beyond the Highland Mist. Maybe that one has a description.

Maniac

The reason I was asking was that you can't help but notice "Sidhe-ach". So wondering about apossible Fae connection?

Default Okay, here's what I found for you in SOME document

I can't even describe.
    I Googled this exactly:

Sidheach meaning

1.) See the name,
    'Coinneach Aindrias MacLeod'
    Kingdom of Calontir

I have no idea what the heck it is about even, just a document I stumbled in on...

"Sidheach = wolf, but there is no Gaelic word for wolf but resembles this closest form:
    sidhideach = term for fairy or human taken prisoner by the fairies"

So, does that equal changling then ?!
    When QA gifts The Douglas in BTHM, does that mean that one of Hawk's children was chosen?
    So, once again back to where I started, is JZB Hawk & Adrienne's child?!
    And brought up in the Seelie Kingdom?

OOps, click here for the site:

http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/1988/12/lar.html

2.) Irish/English Dictionary
    sroeac, sidheach, s m wolf

Maniac

In Chapter 33 when the Rom (forget his name) is telling Hawk about Adam he tells him that Adams people are daoine sidhe and that he has seen them before. He has heard the banshee wail at the death of his people and seen the washer woman scrubbing blood from his mothers dress when she died. That last part I didn't get because I thought Lydia is his mother? Or was he referring to Lydias mother.
    I thought for a moment that JZB was Hawk and Adrienne child it would make sense but wasn't the Douglas supposed to be blessed? Lonliness war and sand doesn't sound like a pleasant childhood? Or is only Hawk Douglas who was blessed not his entire line but then why the cradle inscription.

Thumbs up

In Chapter 33 when the Rom (forget his name) is telling Hawk about Adam he tells him that Adams people are daoine sidhe and that he has seen them before. He has heard the banshee wail at the death of his people and seen the washer woman scrubbing blood from his mothers dress when she died. That last part I didn't get because I thought Lydia is his mother? Or was he referring to Lydias mother.
    I thought for a moment that JZB was Hawk and Adrienne child it would make sense but wasn't the Douglas supposed to be blessed? Lonliness war and sand doesn't sound like a pleasant childhood? Or is only Hawk Douglas who was blessed not his entire line but then why the cradle inscription.
    Hummm.
    Be back later.
    Going to reread Chapter # 33. It's been at least a year since I read BTHM.

But there were at least two threads with this angle debated. And the Rom. The same Rom that spelled Drustan to sleep for 500 years.

1.) JZB, son of a...
    and
    2.) JZB, Half & half...

AQ & 'Blessed Be The Douglas'...

Exclamation

Rushka of the Rom had been talking to Grimm. Grimm's story is To Tame a Highland Warrior. Grimm's mother was killed in a clan battle when Grimm was just a lad.
    Scottish folklore names this banshee as beansith. This washer woman that cleans bloody clothes is a fairy who is seen as an omen of death & messanger from the otherworld.
    Lydia Douglas is indeed Sidheach's mother, his father is passed. Lydia had agreed with the conversation with Rom that she has seen the beansith, or truely believes in her.

'Blessed be the Douglas' sounds as if Hawk & Adrienne's son is gifted by the fae queen. If the queen decided to foster the Douglas boy-child in one of the many locations of the Daoine Sith, Spain is another pin-pointed domain of a group of Daione, specifically the warrior class of fae, and certainly JZB would have witnessed first hand a sirocco there. Especially if that group of fae had battled in the Holy Wars. Or that group of fae for some reason was completely wiped out except for JZB that is.

So was that group wiped out by a curse from QA? Or was it the Holy Wars that did the job?! We will have to wait to find this out, if we ever do, in the other books that follow.

Just a quick note to add to your info;

Hawk & Adrienne's son was named Carthian Douglas in 1514. From Grimm's story TTHW.

+ Reply to Thread