+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have a Digital Picture Frame?

Default Anyone have a Digital Picture Frame?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting my parents a digital frame for Christmas and am just looking to see if anyone has one and what their recommendation would be.

I want something pretty easy to use. Also I've seen a lot that have a rectangular screen ...so it looks like any picture going the opposite orientation of the way the frame sits is going to look really small. Is this true?

Anyway, any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

VP's best yet

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

I got one last christmas and I guess I just haven't had time to fiddle with it. I can't figure out how to get pics to stay on it without inserting a flashdrive or my SD card (which I don't want ALL those pics on there. some are of pointless things!)

but it looked really good when i had it going even with the flashdrive

They are great. My mom and brother got my dad one for picks of my daughter.
    Of course my dad is so anti-tech my brother had to upload the photos for him but now he loves it.
    I have no clue what kinda they got but it's a good gift idea.

Which ones do you all have??
    It's a sickness I have but I have to comparison shop like an idiot. I don't just mean for a better deal ...I mean taking a notebook into the store and writing things down. It took me 2 years to buy a computer.
    So any names would be great.

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

I have a kodak. It plays music while the pictures go if you want. and it supposedly plays video, but as of yet I haven't figured out how to ge the videos on there either

I would go with a Kodak or I think the other was either fuji or sony that a friend of mine has. My only advice is DON'T GO CHEAP. The cheaper ones are ok but they are blurry. Very poor picture quality. I would go to bestbuy or circuit city (or whatever is near you and ask a lot of questions.
    Siggy by Viking Princess (Thanks!)

My parents have one and love it. With us being so far away they love loading pictures on it and setting it to slide-show. I don't know what make they have as it was a gift from someone else.

We just inherited a Phillips from my in-laws. So far it has been fairly easy. There was a software program I loaded on to my computer and with it (and a usb cable that came with the frame) I can copy any picture I want to the frame. My problem being the kids turning the thing on and off LOL
    Sherri
    Lang may yir lum reek wi ither fowk's coal

~Designed by DoberDawn

My Blog

Yes, I am a Mrs. Stiffler FeverChick's Avatar

My dh and I got it last year as a Christmas gift for each other. We update the picture on it pretty reguarly and we really like it.

+ Reply to Thread