+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blacklight's a girl's new best friend!

Default Blacklight's a girl's new best friend!

Being involved in an animal rescue means therere is always a teaching moment.

I learned the the following lessons this week:
    1)Neuter (and spay) your cats and dogs!!!
    2)the distinct scent of a spraying intact male
    3)Blacklights find urine messes after intact males spray and the room smells AWFUL. They can be found at petsmart and petco...
    4)Hubby's tired of fostering animals.

Now DH and I know where to clean up in the room. It was a relief to know the ENTIRE ROOM was not destroyed by the cat, just a few sections of the carpet.

there is a chemical out there that is a natural enzyme that "eats" animal unrine. goes by different names, but one is called "urine b gone." (we found out the hard way that females spray to mark their territory too. who knew? lol)

[QUOTE=Dublinseacow;414859]Being involved in an animal rescue means therere is always a teaching moment.

I learned the the following lessons this week:
    1)Neuter (and spay) your cats and dogs!!!
    2)the distinct scent of a spraying intact male
    3)Blacklights find urine messes after intact males spray and the room smells AWFUL. They can be found at petsmart and petco...
    4)Hubby's tired of fostering animals.

Now DH and I know where to clean up in the room. It was a relief to know the ENTIRE ROOM was not destroyed by the cat, just a few sections of the carpet.[/QUOTE
    Another use take it with you when you book into a hotel you'll know if those eewwwwwwwee stories are true about the top blankets and walls.
    DH converted a small flash light into one.
    :2:IT AIN"T WHAT IT"S CRACKED UP TO BE:2:DOWN WITH PANT! UP WITH KILTS!
    Where you find friends, there you find richesCheck your (.)(.) Its never to soon
    Born a member of the SSMKA and GBOCL & MMNKBD
    Maniac#16
    "Someday"

My husband and I captured 2 outside boys to take to the vet to be neutered a couple of years ago. One, Harlan, weighed 11.5 lbs. How do I know his exact weight? When I went to pick him up, the vet assistant still had her feathers ruffled because he escaped from her after she weighed him and to quote her, "sprayed everything back here." The room still had a funny smell to it when I picked him up. I think she had a hard time catching him. He and his buddy, Junebug, weren't feral, but they didn't like to be hemmed up at all.
    L/D

Thanks for the laugh Lilith Dawgette!

I don't want to think about the hotel/motel rooms at the moment....

+ Reply to Thread