+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My dog is a brat!

Default My dog is a brat!

I just had to come on here and rant. Okay maybe I'm laughing a little more than I'm ranting, but... Yesterday evening I'm folding towels. I fold them on the floor b/c there's more room. So anyway my dear loving little doggy decides it's time to play. What does she do? She goes into her little "I'm a wild and crazy puppy" run, those who have dogs probably know exactly what I'm talking about. She purposely runs over each and every pile of folded towels I had and completley decimates the piles. I had to start all over again. I was laughing so hard though b/c the look on her face was "see that's what you get for not paying enough attention to me." I honestly tried my best to scold her, but I was laughing too hard.

Oh and she's also got thing weird hate thing going on with our wall calandar. The first time she saw it she started barking a growling at it, so I took it off the wall and showed it to her. For the next few days all she did was go crazy barking at it. Now she'll just occasionally walk by it and look up at it and growl just to say "I'm watching you."

lover of all men in kilts winykittygirl's Avatar

roflmao
    My dog does that too! she doesn't care what is in her way, either; clothes, toys, kids
    I have learned to do my laundry and fold it anywhere other than where she can demolish it-and she is nine years old!

Aw, they just wanted to play! And you're right, how can you yell when you're just laughing too hard?

Palm trees Bahamas
    Picture courtesy of Webshots

my puppy does that too. he gets in these moods where he just has so much energy to burn he'll start doing laps. it starts with him just barking at a toy then he'll run a lap around the living room and dining room, bat the toy, then continue running. he goes so fast his butt gets moved up under his front legs. he'll do that for a good 10 minutes. i'll have to tape it and post it, it just makes me laugh so hard every time.

I know what you mean. Our little terror-oops, terrier does laps at warp speed, knocking down anyone unfortunate enough to get in the way. And when I fold clothes, I do it on the bed, and she jumps up as soon as they're all folded and rolls around in them, even sticking her head through the shirts! But I can't yell, cuz I'm weezing from laughing so hard, so she always gives me this expectant look, like she did me a favor and she's proud of herself! I never heard of a dog scared of a wall calendar, though. That's funny, especially htat she still growls at it.

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

see, this is why i never fold anything. if it cant be put on hangers, then it just stays in a basket or is crammed into a closet lol!!!
    but then i also have dogs AND two little boys!

lord bless charlie mops! Caitríona's Avatar

LOL what the hell is on your wall calendar??

Quote Originally Posted by Caitríona View Post
    LOL what the hell is on your wall calendar??
    Horses and Stagecoaches. She pretty much ignores it now, but it took a couple of months. I think it was just something different on the wall that freaked her out. I've come to the realization that she's extremely high strung. Last night we had a bunch of sirens going past our house and she started howling along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by redheadgirl79 View Post
    Horses and Stagecoaches. She pretty much ignores it now, but it took a couple of months. I think it was just something different on the wall that freaked her out. I've come to the realization that she's extremely high strung. Last night we had a bunch of sirens going past our house and she started howling along with them.
    mine just started doing that too. howling at sirens.
    the run, we call it the rabbit run cuz of how they tuck their butts up under them, makes me laugh so hard. ours will just do it out of the blue. he will be sitting there sleeping then all of a sudden leap up and run full speed around the house. we have hard wood floors and sometimes he goes so fast he can't stop, then he slides into what ever wall is closest.
    Character Inspired Soaps and Candles
    www.lafaepetite.com

+ Reply to Thread