> > >
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a question about Dageus

Default I have a question about Dageus

I have a question. I have sort of asked it before in another post, and I don't think I got a response. When Drustan went back in time, he cancelled himself out because of a law of physics. However, since Dageus was so changed due to the evil thirteen druids possessing him, WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS OTHER "SELF" WHEN HE AND CHLOE WENT BACK IN TIME????

He was so changed, I always wondered if he went back at a point in time when he still existed. HE WOULDN'T HAVE CANCELLED HIMSELF OUT!!!

Can you imagine 2 Dageuses !!!!

This question is driving me crazy! Supposedly he just "wandered off" somewhere. I am dying to know what happened!

HELP ME!!!!!

Hey Jill - I don't think Dageus went back in time at the same time he was around. DH paperback, pg 194: Drustan:"When will you return?"
    Dageus: "LOok for us three days hence. Tis as close as I care to pass myself."

He knew he couldn't go back to the same exact time - he was carful not to meet himself when he went back - I think it says in there how many years after he left that he returned to Sylvan & Nell.

And when he does go through time, DH paperback pages 203-204, all he hears are the voices of the 13 - inside him, finally seperately & distinctly.

Hope this answers your question.

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

Quote Originally Posted by LisK View Post
    Hey Jill - I don't think Dageus went back in time at the same time he was around. DH paperback, pg 194: Drustan:"When will you return?"
    Dageus: "LOok for us three days hence. Tis as close as I care to pass myself."

He knew he couldn't go back to the same exact time - he was carful not to meet himself when he went back - I think it says in there how many years after he left that he returned to Sylvan & Nell.

And when he does go through time, DH paperback pages 203-204, all he hears are the voices of the 13 - inside him, finally seperately & distinctly.

Hope this answers your question.
    Thanks, Lisk! I was almost hoping that he made the same mistake that Drustan made while making his calculations. (Didn't he make a mistake? I have loaned my DH and KOTH to a friend.) Although Dageus already has a twin, it would be fun to have a 2nd Dageus!

Thanks again for answering my question

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Thanks, Lisk! I was almost hoping that he made the same mistake that Drustan made while making his calculations. (Didn't he make a mistake? I have loaned my DH and KOTH to a friend.) Although Dageus already has a twin, it would be fun to have a 2nd Dageus!

Thanks again for answering my question
    LOL if he had met his past self, there is a chance his past self would not curse himself to save Drustan. Maybe he would, but there is always that chance that he gets too spooked!

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
    LOL if he had met his past self, there is a chance his past self would not curse himself to save Drustan. Maybe he would, but there is always that chance that he gets too spooked!
    Oh, no! What was I THINKING!?!
    Drustan just HAD to be saved! QA is depending on him to be her champion!!!!
    And besides...a cursed Dageus is TOO HOT for words .

Default Dageus... way too hot

And besides...a cursed Dageus is TOO HOT for words .
    I am just re-reading Dark Highlander for the umpteenth time and I swear that Dageus gets hotter every time I read it.. he's already too hot.........

Daria

Member of the SSMKA (U.K. branch)

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I am just re-reading Dark Highlander for the umpteenth time and I swear that Dageus gets hotter every time I read it.. he's already too hot.........
    me too !!!! did u find the interview with him and the Cox lady? I can not find it on the website

Jill, Dageus did go back to try to warn his past self and there were two of him there at the same time. He explains it on pages 168-169. He says that "I watched myself through a window for hours before fleeing again. He never disappeared. I might have strolled in and introduced myself." Drustan then mentions that it is good that he didn't. So past Dageus keeps on going along the same plane, Drustan still dies in the fire. Dageus still goes back to change it and is still posessed by the Draghar. So, basically, past Dageus doesn't wander off, future Dageus merely goes back and watches himself for a while and then leaves. So everything still happens the way it did in the first place. Make sense? Time travel can kind of blow your mind. I still can't watch Back to the Future 2 without getting a headache!

Quote Originally Posted by arjones View Post
    Jill, Dageus did go back to try to warn his past self and there were two of him there at the same time. He explains it on pages 168-169. He says that "I watched myself through a window for hours before fleeing again. He never disappeared. I might have strolled in and introduced myself." Drustan then mentions that it is good that he didn't. So past Dageus keeps on going along the same plane, Drustan still dies in the fire. Dageus still goes back to change it and is still posessed by the Draghar. So, basically, past Dageus doesn't wander off, future Dageus merely goes back and watches himself for a while and then leaves. So everything still happens the way it did in the first place. Make sense? Time travel can kind of blow your mind. I still can't watch Back to the Future 2 without getting a headache!
    I don't know how I missed this post, especially from a fellow Bama girl!!! I get your post up to a point. If past Dageus and future Dagues co-existed, this is a completely different scenario than past Drustan and future Drustan. The future Drustan was canceled out when he went back in time. Dageus had the evil thirteen in him, so he didn't cancel himself out because now they are TWO SEPARATE PEOPLE!!! I still think he was punished because he used the stones for personal gain instead of using them to protect the lore, compact, or Keltar line. Why the two different portraits? What if QA punished this past Dageus for the future Dageus' breaking of the compact? What if QA put the past Dagues in fairy (out of time), cursed him, and made him serve her as her own personal mercenary? After all, the UK had his Vengeance, why not QA??? Also, I think when Lisa is sent to Morar and sees the two fae on the beach, I think they are V'lane and Barrons! QA could also have been using Barrons as a spy within her realm. No telling what kind of fae Gris-Gris she put on Dageus #1 (AKA Barrons). Think about his name "Jericho" (we know what happened to those walls, thanks to Joshua's leadership and the Ark of the Covenant); Zigor (punished...for what? Using the stones and breaking an oath to the fae?) His description fits, and we know that the two portraits showed the same man looking verra different. The only thing I don't quite like about my theory is this: Shouldn't she have "punished" the future Dagues? After all, he was the one who broke the compact. I think the reason she didn't is she wants to use the future Dageus and all the thirteen evil draghar's knowledge and she didn't want to mess with a potentially powerful weapon. So she punished the past Dageus insteadIDK I think I now have a massive headache thinking about the stones, two HOT Highlanders, compacts, and manipulative queens. I must go find some Advil ASAP!!!!

Karen, anytime you want to put me out of my misery here, please feel free to jump right in and post!!!

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*

I don't know how I missed this post, especially from a fellow Bama girl!!! I get your post up to a point. If past Dageus and future Dagues co-existed, this is a completely different scenario than past Drustan and future Drustan. The future Drustan was canceled out when he went back in time. Dageus had the evil thirteen in him, so he didn't cancel himself out because now they are TWO SEPARATE PEOPLE!!! I still think he was punished because he used the stones for personal gain instead of using them to protect the lore, compact, or Keltar line. Why the two different portraits? What if QA punished this past Dageus for the future Dageus' breaking of the compact? What if QA put the past Dagues in fairy (out of time), cursed him, and made him serve her as her own personal mercenary? After all, the UK had his Vengeance, why not QA??? Also, I think when Lisa is sent to Morar and sees the two fae on the beach, I think they are V'lane and Barrons! QA could also have been using Barrons as a spy within her realm. No telling what kind of fae Gris-Gris she put on Dageus #1 (AKA Barrons). Think about his name "Jericho" (we know what happened to those walls, thanks to Joshua's leadership and the Ark of the Covenant); Zigor (punished...for what? Using the stones and breaking an oath to the fae?) His description fits, and we know that the two portraits showed the same man looking verra different. The only thing I don't quite like about my theory is this: Shouldn't she have "punished" the future Dagues? After all, he was the one who broke the compact. I think the reason she didn't is she wants to use the future Dageus and all the thirteen evil draghar's knowledge and she didn't want to mess with a potentially powerful weapon. So she punished the past Dageus insteadIDK I think I now have a massive headache thinking about the stones, two HOT Highlanders, compacts, and manipulative queens. I must go find some Advil ASAP!!!!

Karen, anytime you want to put me out of my misery here, please feel free to jump right in and post!!!

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but didn't Karen say in chat some time ago that we have NEVER SEEN JZB in any of the Highlander books? That would rule out him being one of the Fae Lisa saw in Morar.