+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: I have a question about Dageus

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
    Great. Now we've made him even more of a criminal. At least he returned the books. Stealing from his own family is bad enough, stealing from others means we're all wrong and he never did recover his honor. Unless he's repaid it all and...yeesh, this is just too much speculation again.

Of course, if he **hasn't** actually recovered his honor, hoo boy, can I come up with some fabulous ideas on just what trouble he HAS been getting into. I've still got a bunch of questions about what exactly happened at the ritual on Halloween, because there's an awful lot gleaned from what Barrons and Christian say that just does not add up.

Sigh. I'd settle for more on Katie-lass. I think I'm not getting any traction on Dageus himself until Shadowfever. IF THEN.

As for an inside track, let me tell you, he's got NOTHING to say on the matter at the moment. Not when I wake up, and sure as heck not when I'm dreaming. That boy is completely uninterested right now in much besides...well.....LOL Six freaking dreams last night, and he managed to insert himself into every one of them. And here I finally was getting some sleep without dreaming anything memorable! It's just as well he's not feeding me ideas, the fatigue this week and last has been so bad I'm never sure if I'm stringing two sentences together correctly. It's the first time in months that I haven't bothered even looking at research on this stuff, and although the mechanism kinda stinks, having the "vacation" from all this really is pretty nice!
    That's the kind of fatigue that would be worth enduring!!
    I don't think he'd consider it stealing from his family - they were his, in the day, still his by right. And from what you read in Dark, he still had lots left over that made Chloe drool. So, still staying in the Keltar line, will be passed down to their children.
    And Dageus's honor - recovered and he's redeemed at the end of Dark. Yet, the knowledge of the 13 are still with him, so I'm betting it's a constant battle to be the "good" one all the time. Besides, that's Drustan's job! When it comes to anything to do with Chloe, aye, the honor's there. Anything else? He's as ruthless as any other medieval Highlander, I'm sure!

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

Aye, lass, but is he capable of dealing with that constant battle? We already know that of the twins, he's the one far more subject to temptation on all fronts.

And I submit--though we know my opinion on her--put Chloe in danger and all honor's out the window. Truthfully, put Drustan, Gwen, or any of the children in danger and it's the same. Dageus is the vulnerable one in that family, in terms of his honor, in terms of the possibility for corruption through his knowledge, because he loves too much, and because he's gotten away with it once before. As such, he's likely to be the first to break. And Cian, who has even fewer scruples, could easily be convinced to work with him. QA states that the things those two together could accomplish gives even her pause for concern.

Sigh. I really need to flesh the rest of this out & pull all the citations on it soon. Hopefully I'll wake up with more energy in the next day or two.

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions

Honey, let me confirm something here--

You expect a gods-only-know-how-many-year-old damn near omnipotent being to make sense?

Just checking......
    LMAO...

No need to affect her own emotions or motivations in the past, just move the people and events to occur the way she needs them to influence present day happenings.
    She sounds like a little girl with a huge doll house to play with, full of "barbies" and "Kens" to do with as she sees fit, change her mind, re-arrange them, go to lunch, come back, start all over again, go to bed, get up, change the dolls clothes and "hair color", throw a doll down here, throw a doll down there, put one in the trash, leave it for a day or two, come back, pick it out, clean it up, maybe even put clothes of the oppisite sex on it, bends its arm, fold its leg, give it to another doll as its mate, grow up, put doll house away, forget about "Ken" and "Barbie" in closet....

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by aprilssix View Post
    She sounds like a little girl with a huge doll house to play with, full of "barbies" and "Kens" to do with as she sees fit, change her mind, re-arrange them, go to lunch, come back, start all over again, go to bed, get up, change the dolls clothes and "hair color", throw a doll down here, throw a doll down there, put one in the trash, leave it for a day or two, come back, pick it out, clean it up, maybe even put clothes of the oppisite sex on it, bends its arm, fold its leg, give it to another doll as its mate, grow up, put doll house away, forget about "Ken" and "Barbie" in closet....
    Pretty much.... LOL

You're so not going to like several of my theories. LOL

The first piece is to figure out which Dageus is truly missing. The second is to figure out where that missing Highlander went, and the third is where he is now. All that takes digging through the 8 currently available books for any evidence whatsoever that the "second" Dageus did occur, was left behind, etc.

Honestly, I've got stuff tagged from Kiss clear through DrF (Kindles are great for that sort of thing) for probably six different subjects right now, and this is only one of those. I need to dig back through ALL of them, sort them out, and then see not just what wild-ass guesses I can come up with (because, let's face it, that part's easy), but what can actually be plausibly supported by all the bits & pieces I've found. Truthfully, if I can't find evidence within Karen's books to support it, I won't post it.

In the meantime, you're welcome to chew on hubby's completely unsubstantiated at this time theory that wherever Dageus Two may be, he's probably been through a lot and is SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF; ready to take over the world and potentially destroy his twin/triplet brothers. We've got half a dozen characters that fit those concepts nicely if you want to play with them. LOL
    Ok, so i am in the middle of re-reading KISS, and a few lines just hit me right between my eyes! It led me to you..lol...One question for you, its a simple yes or no answer question. If you come up with yes to my question, i want to compare notes... please If no, i think i will place my theory on DrF discussion soon.

Is one of your theories about the missing Dageus, that he is UK? Yup, i said UK!..lol..

I am off to bed, its late, finally got my over night guess to sleep, so i am heading there to la la land with him...lol... ah the joys of a 2 year old grandson..lol

Quote Originally Posted by aprilssix View Post
    Ok, so i am in the middle of re-reading KISS, and a few lines just hit me right between my eyes! It led me to you..lol...One question for you, its a simple yes or no answer question. If you come up with yes to my question, i want to compare notes... please If no, i think i will place my theory on DrF discussion soon.

Is one of your theories about the missing Dageus, that he is UK? Yup, i said UK!..lol..

I am off to bed, its late, finally got my over night guess to sleep, so i am heading there to la la land with him...lol... ah the joys of a 2 year old grandson..lol
    Not one of my pet theories; I have it in my notes as a possibility--but then again, there are six possibilities in there that I haven't ruled out. Realistically, I'd doubt it. You'd have to have him travelling WAY back in time--heck, to a different planet/universe/whatever--and we just have no evidence for that. But if you can find the evidence, hey, be my guest. LOL

I'll try to get that post up before the weekend and you can play with it to your heart's content. Just need to see if I'm feeling well enough to do a two-three hour stretch at a time, because it will take that long to get everything spelled out and substantiated. So far, it hasn't happened, just not a good month fatigue/illness-wise.

Not one of my pet theories; I have it in my notes as a possibility--but then again, there are six possibilities in there that I haven't ruled out. Realistically, I'd doubt it. You'd have to have him travelling WAY back in time--heck, to a different planet/universe/whatever--and we just have no evidence for that. But if you can find the evidence, hey, be my guest. LOL

I'll try to get that post up before the weekend and you can play with it to your heart's content. Just need to see if I'm feeling well enough to do a two-three hour stretch at a time, because it will take that long to get everything spelled out and substantiated. So far, it hasn't happened, just not a good month fatigue/illness-wise.
    Take your time, i am sure when you post i will enjoy it. Gives me time to get my own ready. Still got blonde here, (grandson) and he is in potty training, so he keeps me busy.

I can't wait to read it!

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*

+ Reply to Thread