> > >
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobook Reader has SEXY voice & WORTH listening!!!

Icon21 Audiobook Reader has SEXY voice & WORTH listening!!!

Even if you have read the books .... if you haven't done this ladies... YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND LISTEN TO THE HIGHLANDER AUDIO SERIES!!!!! OMG, the guy, Phil Gigante - dunnow what he looks like, but oh his voice... with his sexy brogue, as he reads each of the male's parts in the books.... well.... mmmmm..... soooooo worth it...... soooo very worth it!!!!! OH yeah... Like I didn't have fantasies enough from her books without his voice helping to .... like a GE commercial.... "bring good things to life" LOL

Yee-haw!!!! My best friend and I are listening to the same books at the same time, doing the Highland series in order cuz we both have about the same long commuter drive each day.. then we compare notes... we're both sooooooo enjoying these books and he's the reader for all of them.... There's sooo much to look forward to. <VBG> ::lust:: ::drool::

How many of you have tried them out? I was listening to Beyond the Highland Mist and he's describing how Hawk's voice could make a woman melt... and I'm thinking... and his voice is (imaging a brogue rolling "r") rippling right down my spine..... you're one to talk, laddy boy.... ::more drooling:: These books are hot on audio!!!!!! A MUST LISTEN!!!!!!!! Part of me wants to know what the reader looks like... part of me is happy just seeing Hawk, Adam, Cian, etc. in his deep, sensuous voice. Oh yeah!!!!!

Dawn
    Last edited by DoberDawn; 06-19-2009 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoberDawn View Post
    Even if you have read the books .... if you haven't done this ladies... YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND LISTEN TO THE HIGHLANDER AUDIO SERIES!!!!! OMG, the guy, Phil Gigante - dunnow what he looks like, but oh his voice... with his sexy brogue, as he reads each of the male's parts in the books.... well.... mmmmm..... soooooo worth it...... soooo very worth it!!!!! OH yeah... Like I didn't have fantasies enough from her books without his voice helping to .... like a GE commercial.... "bring good things to life" LOL

Yee-haw!!!! My best friend and I are checking them out from the library (many who don't keep them in stock have them available for e-audio downloads - like netlibrary.com - so check it out!) and we're listening to the same books at the same time, doing the Highland series in order cuz we both have about the same long commuter drive each day.. then we compare notes... we're both sooooooo enjoying these books and he's the reader for all of them.... There's sooo much to look forward to. <VBG> ::lust:: ::drool::

How many of you have tried them out? I was listening to Beyond the Highland Mist and he's describing how Hawk's voice could make a woman melt... and I'm thinking... and his voice is (imaging a brogue rolling "r") rippling right down my spine..... you're one to talk, laddy boy.... ::more drooling:: These books are hot on audio!!!!!! A MUST LISTEN!!!!!!!! Part of me wants to know what the reader looks like... part of me is happy just seeing Hawk, Adam, Cian, etc. in his deep, sensuous voice. Oh yeah!!!!!

Dawn

LOL, yep, he's got a terrific voice for this series! I have ALL of the Highlander series -- purchased on iTunes -- excellent use of iTunes gift cards from Christmas! They do make a boring work day go by much faster! I find that I get different feelings from the stories when I listen to these than just reading them.

KJ

I so agree! I always check for audio before I buy a book. I'd always rather listen!

I've searched for pics of the elusive Mr. Gigante, but have never found one. I'd love to know what he looks like, too!
    Vamos Rafa! Warrior On the Court

Yes Phil Gigante does a wonderful job. I'm listening to the Twilight series on CD right now, but when I'm done I will be re-listening to the Highlander series and Fever series to get ready for Dreamfever. I think my favorite one on audiobook is Spell of the Highlander. When he does Cian doing 'voice' its wonderful. The part where Cian is trying to use voice on Jessie early on, before he realizes it doesn't work on her, and he says "Show me your breasts." Or "Cease speaking, wench. You will bring that sweet ass over here and kiss me now." Ok, now I can't wait to start these all over again. Definitely worth the money if you are addicted to this series.
    December was Christian-he knows naughty or nice.
    January was Grimm with his eyes of blue ice.
    Cian was November-when the Dark Glass set him free.
    Drustan in February made us think cherry tree.
    Dageus is March—Why, do you say?
    March has “Lips Appreciation” and “I’m in Control” day.
    Multiple Personalities-he was possessed by 13.
    When it comes to sacrifice-I’d say his was supreme.
    Return Borrowed Books week makes me think Gaulish Ghost.
    Yes, I would say March suits Dageus the most!

Maniac

Default Amazingly sexy voice

She's absolutely right! His voice sends chills down ones spine. You feel like you're in the Highlands and boy can he tease or make you squirm. Truly ladies! If you want to just go to heaven...listen to the audio version. The book is fantastic...but wow...that voice just makes the book come to life.

I have to thank Karen Marie Moning for picking the perfect reader! Honestly, the reader really is great.

I just wish we could get a picture of him...granted, that could take away the mystery. Ironically, he sounds sorta like a sexy YOUNG Sean Connery to me...but that is the trilling sounds of the Highlands.

Monica

Maniac

The audiobook with the sexy reader is the BOMBfor long trrips . My friends love listening on long drives. Please do not stop the sexy voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoberDawn View Post

Yee-haw!!!! My best friend and I are checking them out from the library (many who don't keep them in stock have them available for e-audio downloads - like netlibrary.com - so check it out!) and we're listening to the same books at the same time, doing the Highland series in order cuz we both have about the same long commuter drive each day.. then we compare notes... we're both sooooooo enjoying these books and he's the reader for all of them.... There's sooo much to look forward to. <VBG> ::lust:: ::drool::

Dawn

Icon21 If you want to see a picture of the sexy-voiced reader...

We have two threads going in the Porterhouse on Phil Gigante.... complete with a picture of him...

I absolutely LOVE Phil Gigante's voice! He is very talented! I'm listening to Highlander's Touch right now (again) in the car. While it's hard to pick a favorite, I love his portrayal of Dageus the best!

I'm still holding out hope that he will be the male voice for Dreamfever. Karen mentioned in a post that it's a possibility, but Brilliance Audio does the casting... I don't know how much say she has, if any.
    Maniac #12, Founder of the GBOCL

siggy by Kristin (Beware of Italics)!

siggy by Mistress Dawn!

Word of warning! Be very careful of where you are when you listen to any of the Highlander audiobooks! Otherwise, you might find yourself zoning out and you don't want to be doing that while driving! Or you might find yourself getting...a little 'flushed'...and that isn't good at work (especially if, like me, you work around a lot of males). Phil's voice is absolutely entrancing. I'm listening to THT yet again and realizing that I should absolutely NOT be hearing this here at work!

KJ

Wink We think just WAAAAAY too much alike!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KJTVH View Post
    Word of warning! Be very careful of where you are when you listen to any of the Highlander audiobooks! >snip< Or you might find yourself getting...a little 'flushed'...and that isn't good at work (especially if, like me, you work around a lot of males).
    Try having to gather your thoughts and walk into the courthouse to try a case like a mature attorney and all your thoughts are still well..... NOT in this century and you're definitely flushed from more than the walk into the building carrying your briefcase.... <VBG> Oh yeah!

I just love this man's voice... and let's see, you and I already agreed... he can read us cereal boxes, license plates and the phone book and be sexy.... what else? LOL I've often said of some of the sexier appearing guys that it is unfair for any man to be so beautiful (sounding like QA), but what do you say about him.... Should a man have the power to send chills down your spine and rippling other "places" with merely his voice???? MMMMMMmmmm...

Gee... if VP is V'lane's Champion... what shall we call ourselves? Phil Gigante's Priya Harem? <VBG>

Dawn