> > >
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiobook Reader has SEXY voice & WORTH listening!!!

Icon21 Audiobook Reader has SEXY voice & WORTH listening!!!

Even if you have read the books .... if you haven't done this ladies... YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND LISTEN TO THE HIGHLANDER AUDIO SERIES!!!!! OMG, the guy, Phil Gigante - dunnow what he looks like, but oh his voice... with his sexy brogue, as he reads each of the male's parts in the books.... well.... mmmmm..... soooooo worth it...... soooo very worth it!!!!! OH yeah... Like I didn't have fantasies enough from her books without his voice helping to .... like a GE commercial.... "bring good things to life" LOL

Yee-haw!!!! My best friend and I are listening to the same books at the same time, doing the Highland series in order cuz we both have about the same long commuter drive each day.. then we compare notes... we're both sooooooo enjoying these books and he's the reader for all of them.... There's sooo much to look forward to. <VBG> ::lust:: ::drool::

How many of you have tried them out? I was listening to Beyond the Highland Mist and he's describing how Hawk's voice could make a woman melt... and I'm thinking... and his voice is (imaging a brogue rolling "r") rippling right down my spine..... you're one to talk, laddy boy.... ::more drooling:: These books are hot on audio!!!!!! A MUST LISTEN!!!!!!!! Part of me wants to know what the reader looks like... part of me is happy just seeing Hawk, Adam, Cian, etc. in his deep, sensuous voice. Oh yeah!!!!!

Dawn
    Last edited by DoberDawn; 06-19-2009 at 01:46 AM.

LOL, Phil's Priyas! Love it! Definitely NOT fair for a guy to have a voice this perfect...but I'd die if he didn't! Cannot imagine any other voice for these audiobooks! Poor you, at least I don't have to stand up in front of a courtroom of people and try to be composed and coherent! Would NOT be able to deal with that! Bad enough just to walk down hall passing each person and wondering what they see/think if they look up and catch my eye.

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by KJTVH View Post
    Word of warning! Be very careful of where you are when you listen to any of the Highlander audiobooks! Otherwise, you might find yourself zoning out and you don't want to be doing that while driving! Or you might find yourself getting...a little 'flushed'...and that isn't good at work (especially if, like me, you work around a lot of males). Phil's voice is absolutely entrancing. I'm listening to THT yet again and realizing that I should absolutely NOT be hearing this here at work!

KJ
    Another word of warning if you listen to it in your car-beware the stopping point when you turn of your ignition. I've started the car when my sons are with me and had the CD continue at a very...interestiing part. My boys are in their early 20's but still... And I always wonder how Phil feels about reading some of these parts!
    December was Christian-he knows naughty or nice.
    January was Grimm with his eyes of blue ice.
    Cian was November-when the Dark Glass set him free.
    Drustan in February made us think cherry tree.
    Dageus is March—Why, do you say?
    March has “Lips Appreciation” and “I’m in Control” day.
    Multiple Personalities-he was possessed by 13.
    When it comes to sacrifice-I’d say his was supreme.
    Return Borrowed Books week makes me think Gaulish Ghost.
    Yes, I would say March suits Dageus the most!

I have never really understood the point of listening to someone else read a book when you could just read it yourself but I have always been in love with hot sexy man voices LOL anyway... so I thought I would give one a try. So I figured why not listen to my favorite books on audio, which of course is anything by Karen!!! Then I started hearing all of this stuff about how amazing Phil Gigante is at narrating them so...... I ORDERED Beyond the Highland Mist YESTERDAY AND I"M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!!! LOL Hope its as amazing as everyone says... No doubt in my mind that it will be!!!!!!!! Will let you know what I think when I'm done!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lindseylovesJZB View Post
    I have never really understood the point of listening to someone else read a book when you could just read it yourself but I have always been in love with hot sexy man voices LOL anyway... so I thought I would give one a try. So I figured why not listen to my favorite books on audio, which of course is anything by Karen!!! Then I started hearing all of this stuff about how amazing Phil Gigante is at narrating them so...... I ORDERED Beyond the Highland Mist YESTERDAY AND I"M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!!! LOL Hope its as amazing as everyone says... No doubt in my mind that it will be!!!!!!!! Will let you know what I think when I'm done!!!!!
    I had never listened to audiobooks. I am a person that comprehends more with the written word than the spoken word. But last year sometime, before I became a member and was just a lurker, I read a post on the board about Kiss of the Highlander audiobook. Ordered it from Amazon and then listened to it in my car during a 2 hour drive. Made me want to get stuck in traffic, although I probably paid more attention to the book than to driving!

I really don't think you'll be disappointed!

Just like you, I like to read the book first, but I ordered an audiobook to listen to while we traveling on vacation ...and that's how I got hooked on his voice.

My favorite books that he reads are The Dark Highlander and Spell of the Highlander.

I still read the books first, but now I find myself looking to see who voices the audiobook. (I really hope he will do the voice of Barrons in the next two books!)

After you've listened to your audiobook, let us know what you think!
    Last edited by SummerRses; 07-01-2009 at 02:11 PM.

~Designed by DoberDawn~ ~ Designed by Mia~

Can't wait to hear your reaction! I'm re-listening to the Highlanders, out of order this time since I've listened to them so many times! I'm near the end of TTHW near, I love Grimm! And after reading the interview with Phil in the newsletter, this is even better! I'd love to hear outtakes from this one!

Oh, and I really can't listen to audiobooks unless I've already read the book -- I've tried and they're just hard to follow. Prior to this, the only audios I've listened to are The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings (got DH and I through the long drive between Texas and California), a couple of Jane Austen's novels and then the Fever books. Audios really help make the work days go by faster, which is why I got hooked on them.
    Last edited by KJTVH; 07-01-2009 at 02:34 PM.

No, NO, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all! The man has a wonderful voice and did an AMAZING job of bringing 'our' highlanders to life! Certain parts of these audios give me delicious little shivers, and they make my work commute much more enjoyable! I think he even did well with the female voices! I, like the others, can't wait to hear your reaction!
    Maniac #12, Founder of the GBOCL

siggy by Kristin (Beware of Italics)!

siggy by Mistress Dawn!

Wow..... I will definitely let you ladies know what I think!!! And I didn't even know that he did the Fever books!!! OMG can't wait to get them too!!!! And to KJTVH I love Grimm too!!! He was the first one I read and I fell in love!!!! I decided to get BTHM story because Barnes and Noble said it was the first one LOL... Hope I get it soon!!! Will keep you updated!!!!

Wow..... I will definitely let you ladies know what I think!!! And I didn't even know that he did the Fever books!!! OMG can't wait to get them too!!!! And to KJTVH I love Grimm too!!! He was the first one I read and I fell in love!!!! I decided to get BTHM story because Barnes and Noble said it was the first one LOL... Hope I get it soon!!! Will keep you updated!!!!
    Well actually we are only hoping he will be doing the last 2 books in the Fever series. Joyce Bean (I think) does the audiobooks for that series, but there is a movement afoot (although possibly only in our heads at this point!) to get Brilliance audio to do a joint venture with Phil and Joyce. We need Phil to be the voice of Barrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Well actually we are only hoping he will be doing the last 2 books in the Fever series. Joyce Bean (I think) does the audiobooks for that series, but there is a movement afoot (although possibly only in our heads at this point!) to get Brilliance audio to do a joint venture with Phil and Joyce. We need Phil to be the voice of Barrons.
    Oh... Okay. Well I will still probably listen to the fever series either way, but the way everyone talks about Phil's voice I hope he will do the last two fever books!!! LOL I can't wait to hear this guys voice and have an "ear-gasm" he he he LOL