> > >
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Audiobook Reader has SEXY voice & WORTH listening!!!

Icon21 Audiobook Reader has SEXY voice & WORTH listening!!!

Even if you have read the books .... if you haven't done this ladies... YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND LISTEN TO THE HIGHLANDER AUDIO SERIES!!!!! OMG, the guy, Phil Gigante - dunnow what he looks like, but oh his voice... with his sexy brogue, as he reads each of the male's parts in the books.... well.... mmmmm..... soooooo worth it...... soooo very worth it!!!!! OH yeah... Like I didn't have fantasies enough from her books without his voice helping to .... like a GE commercial.... "bring good things to life" LOL

Yee-haw!!!! My best friend and I are listening to the same books at the same time, doing the Highland series in order cuz we both have about the same long commuter drive each day.. then we compare notes... we're both sooooooo enjoying these books and he's the reader for all of them.... There's sooo much to look forward to. <VBG> ::lust:: ::drool::

How many of you have tried them out? I was listening to Beyond the Highland Mist and he's describing how Hawk's voice could make a woman melt... and I'm thinking... and his voice is (imaging a brogue rolling "r") rippling right down my spine..... you're one to talk, laddy boy.... ::more drooling:: These books are hot on audio!!!!!! A MUST LISTEN!!!!!!!! Part of me wants to know what the reader looks like... part of me is happy just seeing Hawk, Adam, Cian, etc. in his deep, sensuous voice. Oh yeah!!!!!

Dawn
    Last edited by DoberDawn; 06-19-2009 at 01:46 AM.

Scot loving Irish girl McClelland88's Avatar

I definitely want to read them all. I'm waiting for Nicole to let me borrow the next book. I'm hooked...all because of Phil.

It's a Beautiful Day.... karen555's Avatar

Wink Sexy Highlander voices

Thanks for the tip!
    I've discovered walking to the audio books so will have to go find them on itunes! (I had one awkward moment trying to explain my books on itunes when my kid borrowed my iPod...so will have to keep it from them). there is NO better way to forget about life and fall into a story then to exercise OR drive while listening to them!

karen555

Quote Originally Posted by karen555 View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    I've discovered walking to the audio books so will have to go find them on itunes! (I had one awkward moment trying to explain my books on itunes when my kid borrowed my iPod...so will have to keep it from them). there is NO better way to forget about life and fall into a story then to exercise OR drive while listening to them!

karen555
    On iTunes, some of the books are listed under Karen Marie Moning, some under Karen Moning -- took me a bit to find all of them that way, but they are all there! I don't recommend driving while listening, some scenes may cause you to forget where you are/what you are doing! Even exercising, I've found myself sometimes coming to a total standstill without realizing it!

*blinks*

Holy crow! I've never thought about doing that!

*runs to iTunes*

That's a great idea, thank you!

EDIT: Holy crow...that's more than I was expecting. Hmmm...I guess I'll have to think about whether I'll actually buy them.
    Last edited by McClelland88; 07-07-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McClelland88 View Post
    *blinks*

Holy crow! I've never thought about doing that!

*runs to iTunes*

That's a great idea, thank you!

EDIT: Holy crow...that's more than I was expecting. Hmmm...I guess I'll have to think about whether I'll actually buy them.
    Yeah, well, I was lucky enough to get a lot of iTunes gift cards for Christmas and I used them all on the Highlanders! (Well, I did have to pay for a couple, but let me just say that these are so good, that you will want them all!) To me, these are worth the cost mostly for Phil's voice! I haven't been able to bring myself to spend the money for other audiobooks (like BDB or Dark-Hunters) because, while I love those books, the readers just weren't good enough. I think Phil has spoilt me for others.

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by KJTVH View Post
    Yeah, well, I was lucky enough to get a lot of iTunes gift cards for Christmas and I used them all on the Highlanders! (Well, I did have to pay for a couple, but let me just say that these are so good, that you will want them all!) To me, these are worth the cost mostly for Phil's voice! I haven't been able to bring myself to spend the money for other audiobooks (like BDB or Dark-Hunters) because, while I love those books, the readers just weren't good enough. I think Phil has spoilt me for others.

KJ
    It'll be a slow progression, but I'll buy them...and the actual books too.

It'll be a slow progression, but I'll buy them...and the actual books too.
    That will be money well spent!

Oh, definitely. My boyfriend will think I'm completely mental, but it'll be alright.

Couple of things....

Quote Originally Posted by momma dee View Post
    Hope you enjoyed your first eargasm. Join the Phil G Pri-Ya Harem
    What is the Phil G. Pri-Ya Harem? LOL I would love to join

Quote Originally Posted by drred View Post
    OK! OK! I will have to buy the audio versions of the Highlander books with the sexy reader. I have been looking for some good audio books. My daughter has lost most of her sight due to Multiple Sclerosis and Optic Neuritis. She misses reading, but has not imagined that "reading" via audio books can be the same.
    The free podcast of Bloodfever has been a start for her and something to lift her spirits with no sexy voice involved in those books. I am certain these books which sound too good to miss would be perfect.
    Awwwww.... that is so sad. I would be so lost if I could no longer read If she liked Karen's books she will LOVE the audios! Phil's voice completes them... they are amazing and I'm sure she will love them!

Okay, it was Phil's voice that made me read this book and so I'm suckered in. Accents just make me...*sigh*

Oh, I'm Chelsea by the way. *waves*
    Welcome Chelsea!!! And just to let you know your avatar thingy is one of the best pics I have ever seen of Gerard Butler!!! God he is gorgeous!!! And I would listen to anyone who has an accent! LOL They just make me, as you said... sigh

What is the Phil G. Pri-Ya Harem? LOL I would love to join
    That would be the gif. in our sigs. http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17480