> > >
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mac first meets Barrons

Default Mac first meets Barrons

Ok I'm new, and someone's probably already mentioned these questions, but here I go:
    Question the first: In Darkfever, did it seem awfully coincidental that Mac got lost in a fog and stumbled right into BB&B? And that, despite the listing of the DB in a generic history book, Fiona assumed Mac was looking for it just because she mentioned it? Could it be that maybe Barrons put a spell on the bookstore to attract anyone who could help him find it? Being all magic & stuff.

Question 2 (Don't hurt me VP, I'm on your side. Actually, I'd take any KMM's heroes, so I'm neutral.): How does V'Lane know what Mac was like when she first got to Ireland? How does Barrons know she needed help since the day she set foot there? Both seem to have been watching longer than they say.

Question the third: At the end of Darkfever, Mac sees Barrons In the sun. She's injured, but she mentions that her eye was going in and out, and barrons kept turning to shadows. Now, the description of her injuries specify that Mac's eye was not injured-just her cheek below it. So she saw Barrons in the sun, and Barrons was shadows.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere. Cuz I'm frogging stumped.

I think her vision was fading in and out. You don't have to have an injury to either eye for that to happen considering what a hard impact she suffered and how injured she was. Jericho was concerned and was in a rush to get her out of there based on what happened to her and she did faint later. Besides the last person Malluce did that too was killed instantly and that man was much larger than Mac. Jericho thinks the spear stabbing Malluce injured him enough that he was weakened when he hit her. An injury to head and even cheek could result in a concussion which effects vision and could cause her vision to fae in and out (sorry but I'm studying medicine).

When she went to Darroc's it was almost evening and even think she had her flashlights with her I suppose for when she was planning on leaving. I think it's interesting that Jericho showed up and think he sifted. I think the book said it was close to dusk but I will check again.

If Jericho was turning back and fourth from shadows like a shade he wouldn't be able to do so in sunlight or artificial light because shades avoid both and disintegrate when exposed to light.

Welcome to the board! The reason I remember all of this is because I just listened to chapter on podcast. By the way I don't the windows were blackened out at bookstore just garage. I do sometimes think there might be a connection between Barrons and shades though.
    Last edited by Wildernessgirl; 03-23-2009 at 09:12 PM.

I don't think it's a coincidence that she ran into bookstore when she was lost in darkzone. But I'm not sure if Barrons knew about her and I don't think he was watching her. She met him at bookstore her first day in Ireland.

I think the queen might know about her but the way she and Alina were protected and lived in small town I don't think any other fae knew about them until Alina went to Ireland and even then she didn't mention Mac. Darroc mentions not knowing about her until he smelled her blood at warehouse and said there was no mistaking her bloodline. Barrons mentions as well that he can smell her blood.

If the queen does know them then it makes me think of how she protected and warded the Mackeltars castle and grounds from fae and seelie at that and warned the seelie not to go with in a certain distance of that area.

Not sure why but I felt that as long as the stayed in hometown they were protected but now that have been to Ireland they have been found and no longer hidden away from fae.
    Last edited by Wildernessgirl; 03-23-2009 at 09:14 PM.

I was wrong she left around noon when she headed to dark zone. Not sure what caused fog but I think it might be related to the unseelie coming through but she also mentions feeling drawn to building so maybe she is being guided.

When they were fighting and she was hurt in Darkfever on page 291 it mentions that her head snapped back and pain shot through her skull. She goes on to say her lids felt heavy and that her vison was going in and out and more so on one side than the other. Here's some quotes

"My vision was going in and out, especially in one eye. One moment it was all shadowy, then there was Barrons again" Darkfever page 292

"As my grasp on consciousness on failed" Darkfever page 292

She only mentions seeing shadows once and mentions her vision fading at in and out and the same time and then loses consciousness. It seems like it's related to her being injured including her eyes from head injury and losing consciousness as he's fighting.

Default You study medicine?

That's awesome! Med student?

Default I only mentioned that part because it seemed unusual for Karen

to specify such a detail if it wasn't significant in some way. Like I said, the first time I read it, I thought Mac was just injured, and then she passes out, which should confirm that idea. But then I looked at all the things Mac didn't understand at first, and the way they were worded (like the whole "sleep" command), and saw lots of similarities to this sort of allusion. I could definitely be wrong. It was just an attention grabber for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintme View Post
    That's awesome! Med student?
    Thanks! Yes if I can make myself leave Telluride, CO. I keep putting it off saying one more year of skiing lol. But I'm an EMT and volunteer at ER and ambulance. I think I will be starting this fall or next spring.

to specify such a detail if it wasn't significant in some way. Like I said, the first time I read it, I thought Mac was just injured, and then she passes out, which should confirm that idea. But then I looked at all the things Mac didn't understand at first, and the way they were worded (like the whole "sleep" command), and saw lots of similarities to this sort of allusion. I could definitely be wrong. It was just an attention grabber for me.
    You might be right but to me becaus she only mentioned it once it's not important. I think maybe she wrote it like so the reader would see some of what happened between Jericho and Malluce but not everything. It also helps explain why she fainted when Barrons picked her and ran and why we can't see what happens next. It might give away too much.

Default Excellent points.

Head-to-wall interface commencing...

Head-to-wall interface commencing...
    Lol !!! I know how that feels.

Ok I'm new, and someone's probably already mentioned these questions, but here I go:
    Question the first: In Darkfever, did it seem awfully coincidental that Mac got lost in a fog and stumbled right into BB&B? And that, despite the listing of the DB in a generic history book, Fiona assumed Mac was looking for it just because she mentioned it? Could it be that maybe Barrons put a spell on the bookstore to attract anyone who could help him find it? Being all magic & stuff.

Question 2 (Don't hurt me VP, I'm on your side. Actually, I'd take any KMM's heroes, so I'm neutral.): How does V'Lane know what Mac was like when she first got to Ireland? How does Barrons know she needed help since the day she set foot there? Both seem to have been watching longer than they say.

Question the third: At the end of Darkfever, Mac sees Barrons In the sun. She's injured, but she mentions that her eye was going in and out, and barrons kept turning to shadows. Now, the description of her injuries specify that Mac's eye was not injured-just her cheek below it. So she saw Barrons in the sun, and Barrons was shadows.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere. Cuz I'm frogging stumped.
    Ya know?!? I like the way ya think

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*