+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Carried Women out Mirror

Maniac

Default Carried Women out Mirror

I think the women that Barron carried out of the mirror WAS Mac, I think he saved her from the DL. Question, pg 242-243 when she got the note about "I will give you your sister back and she turned to Barron he said such naked pain, don't ever let me see it again.. why? what would you do?
    What is in my nature to do. Get inside. Any thoughts... does he feed off of pain and hurt? I've been thinking about that one.. don't think it was meant romantic or sexual.

If it was Mac, I'm going to seriously get a headache from all the run around. And the body would have to be beyond recognition for Mac not to be able to tell it was her. I thought if she could tell it was a young woman, she might be able to realize it was her.

And the scene where LM had offered Mac Alina back and Barrons rolled up behind her, I thought that what he meant was if she showed her pain again, he'd take advantage of her. I don't think he likes seeing other people show their weakness. I think once he sees that opening, it wouldn't be above him to exploit it.

Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end. Imagine, a suspended ocean, riding on a cushion of ancient secrets. All souls have drowned in it and now dwell there. One drop of that ocean is hope, and the rest is fear. -Rumi

My YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChemAttraction

Barrons killed the woman he was carrying out of the mirror. plus wasn't she blonde? Mac is not blonde anymore.

a speculation could be the woman was QA, or any of the princesses.

I would incline it was a princess, and perhaps that was also what the dig was when he mentioned learning from the princess to V'lane
    ~Erika~ Mom (4 kids!), Author (ER Pierce), Blogger (Badass Book Reviews), Avid Reader of UF/PNR/Erotic Fiction

"Get your own fashion advisor."

Barrons... Killing a Fae near you...

I'd buy it being one of the of the princesses. Not so much if it were QA...

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalAttraction View Post
    I'd buy it being one of the of the princesses. Not so much if it were QA...
    It can't be a Fae, cause JB says they revert to their true form when dead. Thats why Mac had so much cleaning up to do after she and Dani went on that Fae killing spree.

And the Fae don't have hearts or veins, so in their true form they wouldn't be bleeding.

The info about the Fae not having hearts and veins is from IH.

So it has to be a human, but I don't remember it saying that it mentioning hair color.

And why is JB's face all bloody? How do you get that much blood on your face?

There's a thread in Dreamfever forum that has a lot of info about this.
    The woman JZB Killed...
    http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/sho...led#post444700

Quote Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
    It can't be a Fae, cause JB says they revert to their true form when dead.* Thats why Mac had so much cleaning up to do after she and Dani went on that Fae killing spree.And the Fae don't have hearts or veins, so in their true form they wouldn't be bleeding.The info about the Fae not having hearts and veins is from IH.So it has to be a human, but I don't remember it saying that it mentioning hair color.* And why is JB's face all bloody?* How do you get that much blood on your face?There's a thread in Dreamfever forum that has a lot of info about this.The woman JZB Killed... http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/sho...led#post444700
    Great point about the blood; that nails it down to one species, at least.* I'm not so interested in who he killed, though, but more about why he'd kill a human and then deliberately bring her to the bookstore, presumably when he thought Mac would be gone. Isn't he a dark sorcerer, though, and don't they use blood in their rituals?* He at least knows how to do the dark stuff, according to Christian.* He's not around as much in FF as in the other books-remember how he says he's been neglecting Mac?* What could he have been all wrapped up in that would be more important than his newly-acquired OOPs detector?* And since he brought the body to his study, does that mean maybe he was bringing her to the locked 2nd floor?*

Quote Originally Posted by Saintme View Post
    Great point about the blood; that nails it down to one species, at least.* I'm not so interested in who he killed, though, but more about why he'd kill a human and then deliberately bring her to the bookstore, presumably when he thought Mac would be gone. Isn't he a dark sorcerer, though, and don't they use blood in their rituals?* He at least knows how to do the dark stuff, according to Christian.* He's not around as much in FF as in the other books-remember how he says he's been neglecting Mac?* What could he have been all wrapped up in that would be more important than his newly-acquired OOPs detector?* And since he brought the body to his study, does that mean maybe he was bringing her to the locked 2nd floor?*
    What bothers me is why JB had blood all over his face.

He killed the woman from the mirror because:
    1) she was evil
    2) to save her from a painful death
    3) to save her by converting her to whatever he is

He's not evil or he would have picked up the book.
    He doesn't betray.
    He has feelings that he tries to hide.
    ie. tests Mac to see if she'll put the Rhinoboy out of his missery. mercy killing
    Was afraid Mac was enjoying the pain she was causing Malluce too much. So he killed Malluce himself.
    And there are other examples. When he doesn't like it when Mac starts to cry back at BBB after he ran from the DB.
    He doesn't just protect Mac. He doesn't want to see her hurt. And he doesn't want to see her loose her humanity.

No, I don't think he's evil, either, but I do think he's a bad, bad boy, and it's been confirmed that he kills people a lot, including the woman in the mirror. She was pretty butchered, according to the description, and when he killed her, he'd have gotten covered in blood during the butchering. Someone else brought up the point that since Druids kill cleanly, Barrons wasn't a druid. I think that makes him one of the bad guys, but not nescessarily evil. "Bad guy vs good guy" doesn't seem to apply in this series, at least not as clearly defined as in most urban fantasy. Mac even says something like the bad guys can surprise you, and the good guys look like the bad guys. I'm confused about why he'd killed her so brutally, but I was wondering (maybe wishful thinking) that he needed her blood for some crazy magic (which of course he would only use for Mac), so maybe he's not as vicious as that scene makes him out to be (fingers crossed, eyes firmly closed).

He could touch the book, but Mac called him back before he did. Besides, you don't need to be evil to touch the book-all the people who've touched it so far were just normal humans.

Adam makes me swoon! metalgirl80's Avatar

Question Questions....

Does it specifically say in the book that JB killed the women he brought through the mirror? Or did Mac just assume that JB did it because of all the blood that was on him? If JB did kill the women then what purpose does he have for bringing her back to the bookstore, why didnt he just leave here in whatever realm or time he killed her? If he didn't kill her then maybe he brought her back through the mirror to try and find a way to save her (bring her back to life) and if so then who is she to him? She must be somewhat important for him to use the mirrors to bring her back. Gah! I hope we find out some of this in DF.

So, any ideas on these questions/theories?
    "I am your master....and you're mine. Seems like I canna possess your soul without losing my own." --Jamie to Claire

The book never says Barrons did it, but Karen did confirm it in a chat.

+ Reply to Thread