> > >
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carried Women out Mirror

Maniac

Default Carried Women out Mirror

I think the women that Barron carried out of the mirror WAS Mac, I think he saved her from the DL. Question, pg 242-243 when she got the note about "I will give you your sister back and she turned to Barron he said such naked pain, don't ever let me see it again.. why? what would you do?
    What is in my nature to do. Get inside. Any thoughts... does he feed off of pain and hurt? I've been thinking about that one.. don't think it was meant romantic or sexual.

Adam makes me swoon! metalgirl80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintme View Post
    The book never says Barrons did it, but Karen did confirm it in a chat.
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the info! Well, forget my theory about him bringing her back to try and find a way to save her. So, that leaves my question about why he brought her back to the bookstore instead of just leaving her wherever he killed her. What use could he have for her, especially with her bieng dead?
    "I am your master....and you're mine. Seems like I canna possess your soul without losing my own." --Jamie to Claire

Quote Originally Posted by Saintme View Post
    No, I don't think he's evil, either, but I do think he's a bad, bad boy, and it's been confirmed that he kills people a lot, including the woman in the mirror. She was pretty butchered, according to the description, and when he killed her, he'd have gotten covered in blood during the butchering. Someone else brought up the point that since Druids kill cleanly, Barrons wasn't a druid. I think that makes him one of the bad guys, but not nescessarily evil. "Bad guy vs good guy" doesn't seem to apply in this series, at least not as clearly defined as in most urban fantasy. Mac even says something like the bad guys can surprise you, and the good guys look like the bad guys. I'm confused about why he'd killed her so brutally, but I was wondering (maybe wishful thinking) that he needed her blood for some crazy magic (which of course he would only use for Mac), so maybe he's not as vicious as that scene makes him out to be (fingers crossed, eyes firmly closed).

He could touch the book, but Mac called him back before he did. Besides, you don't need to be evil to touch the book-all the people who've touched it so far were just normal humans.
    Where does it say JB kills a lot of people? And I don't mean Fae.

This is what Karen said:
    02-12-2009, 08:11 AM Karen's Post
    Barrons did kill the woman he carried out of the mirror. :)
    And in addition Karen said this in her Sept Chat:

7:54 PM [Leiha] [Pinkfrog] Is there any connection between Macs dreams recurring after all this time and Barrons coming through the glass with the woman?
    7:55 PM [Karen Marie] odd question. no. although obviously the extreme cold indicates Unseelie in both cases

He didn't pickup the book because Mac broke the spell the book had on him. Then he realized that the reason he wanted the book wouldn't matter anymore.

And he doesn't have to be evil to pickup the book, but he wouldn't have cared about turning evil to get the power of the book if he was that bad. Like Lucan.

Even if he isn't a druid he was visibly upset by the sensless killing of the people at the mansion.
    and for all the other reasons in the Fever books that states he likes to kill clean not for the joy of it. Like below when he killed Mullace, because he couldn't stand it that Mac was enjoying inflicting pain on Malluce.

If he killed for the joy of it, then he would be evil.

He doesn't betray.
    He has feelings that he tries to hide.
    ie. tests Mac to see if she'll put the Rhinoboy out of his missery. mercy killing
    Was afraid Mac was enjoying the pain she was causing Malluce too much. So he killed Malluce himself. because he kills cleanly.
    And there are other examples. When he doesn't like it when Mac starts to cry back at BBB after he ran from the DB.
    He doesn't just protect Mac. He doesn't want to see her hurt. And he doesn't want to see her loose her humanity

I think Barron's is a bad guy (or whatever ) who is looking for redemption- He is the bad boy that we can all love though-Ido. Bad might be a matter of opinion and open to interpretation in this case.

"Bad" is definitely a matter of opinion. There's references throughout the series of Barrons with drops of blood on him, and Mac notes that later she found out the blood was human. JZB killed the woman in the mirror, in a very messy way. He's no stranger to killing people.

As to not being evil because he didn't want the book to do evil things, he says clearly that he's ok with doing evil things ("perhaps you and I are fighting different wars, ms. Lane"), but he'd no longer want what he wanted if the book was in control, so it was a moot point. I agree absolutely 100% that he's not evil by Mac's definition, but again, it's a personal matter how "bad" vs "evil" is defined. And you can be really, really bad without being evil, using Mac's definition (bad can be redeemed; evil is hopeless).

As for killing Malluce when Mac was fighting, I think maybe he was more upset that Rainbow Mac was getting her jollies from beating on Malluce than than Malluce's beating

Everyone has their own definitions and understandings in their own head. We're all entitled to our own opinions based on those understandings. The only one who knows for sure is Karen, so I try not to get too attached to any one theory-it could be proven wrong with the next Teaser.

Right On Saintme! Your dog is really cute, by the way.

I think he killed the woman for a blood sacrifice for the beast under the garage. I've also considered that he killed her to put her out of her misery if she had been attacked by something else first. I can't picture the impeccabaly dressed JZB not killing clean. Then there is also the possability that he's trying to somehow change the future by killing this particular person.

Quote Originally Posted by daligirl View Post
    I think he killed the woman for a blood sacrifice for the beast under the garage. I've also considered that he killed her to put her out of her misery if she had been attacked by something else first. I can't picture the impeccabaly dressed JZB not killing clean. Then there is also the possability that he's trying to somehow change the future by killing this particular person.
    Maybe this proves he can sift through faierie Hallows because he is Fae.... the silvers are definately fae.. Unseelie (black)... Maybe just a thought.
    Last edited by Yolanda24; 04-13-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Oops...

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer m View Post
    Thanks! That's her "I'm cuter than you" face. She gives it to me a lot!

Adam makes me swoon! metalgirl80's Avatar

And that brings up the other burning question.......What the heck is under Barron's garage? Aaaahhh! So many questions, so many theories. I hope we get some sort of closure in DreamFever. Please dont tell me we have to wait another year and a half to find out.

I'm convinced it was a mercy killing, maybe after one of the Unseelie got done playing with her and left her to die. It would make sense, in a warped sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer m View Post
    It's definitely one of those I'm-so-cute-you-gotta-love-me looks!

Palm trees Bahamas
    Picture courtesy of Webshots