+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seriously though

Scottish Princess Lia_MacKelter001's Avatar

Smile Seriously though

I believe the reason JB dislikes V'Lane so much is because he is V'Lane's son. Think about it, though, before you discredit the notion. JB and V'Lane is a repeat of Adam and Circenn. JB isn't human, but he's not a Fae either. He's half Fae. And every time Mac mentions V'Lane, JB gets completely pissed. Didn't Circenn do the same whenever he was around Adam? Plus, V'Lane mentioned he didn't take an unwilling woman in 82,000 years. Why wouldn't JB be the son of the unwilling woman and V'Lane? The reason JB hates V'Lane is because his mother (JB, I mean) hated him, and children tend to follow in their parents footsteps a lot of the time. Not to mention, both are just uber gorgeous to Mac (even though she refuses to admit it to herself) Let me know what ya'll think, please.Thanks, Lia
    Last edited by Lia_MacKelter001; 10-18-2007 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Misplaced icon
    Thanks to VP for the gorgeous siggy!!

proud member of A.M.A.D.A.N./SSMKA/GBOCL/SS
    http://romancenovelsforum.com

Love your theory Lia! :D
    Moning Maniac#132

Lia- that makes so much sence to me!!!!! I was actually thinking he could be the son of Adam and the Queen and if I remember V'lane was with Adam and Dagnus.(I maybe remembering wrong) but now that you say that it really makes since to me!

That's a really good theory.

Quote Originally Posted by camrannie View Post
    Lia- that makes so much sence to me!!!!! I was actually thinking he could be the son of Adam and the Queen and if I remember V'lane was with Adam and Dagnus.(I maybe remembering wrong) but now that you say that it really makes since to me!
    When was V'lane with Adam and Daegus? It would be interesting if that were the case...

to know me is to love me MeShelle's Avatar

Its a good theory but Circenn is like that with Adam because he tricked him into drinking the thing that made him immortal and eventually loose his soul... So i dunno

FANatic

I think that the reason it won't turn out V'lane is JB's pops is because we've already been there and done that with Adam. KMM is WAAAAYYYYYYY too deep to give us a replay of an already gone over story. I would wager anything that NONE of us are going to be able to guess the true origins and we'll be shocked to death when it get's revealed (although I feel like we're NEVER going to know!).

Quote Originally Posted by Callandra View Post
    I think that the reason it won't turn out V'lane is JB's pops is because we've already been there and done that with Adam. KMM is WAAAAYYYYYYY too deep to give us a replay of an already gone over story. I would wager anything that NONE of us are going to be able to guess the true origins and we'll be shocked to death when it get's revealed (although I feel like we're NEVER going to know!).
    I totally agree!!!

Question Not The Same Story?

Just a reply regarding posts with the great theory of V'Lane and JB being related and the comments that KMM wouldn't rehash that scenario. I'm not complaining or anything because KMM's books are the most entertaining I've read of this genre. I love them, re-read and re-read them and love talking about them with others at work and on this message board, but she's "been there, done that" at least three times IMO with the MacKeltars. Confused, harried, or overworked American girl meets up with Highlander hunks who turn their world topsy-turvey. Begins with a sort of love-hate relationship and then finds out these guys are their true loves, etc., etc. I loved it all three times and then some more with Hawk, Grimm, Cirrcen and Adam. Although probably unlikely that JB and V'Lane are related, would it really disappoint anyone?

FANatic

I think that the general synopsis of a romance shouldn't be confused with the down and dirty plot though. Those highland novels meet the criteria for pretty much any of your basic romance novels without having the same plot. You can even say the same for the fever series. Innocent girl meets big bad magic man; they have sex and get married (although we don't know that as gospel, most of us are pretty sure it's going to happen). But I think that Vlane being Jericho's father would be like Karen writing another Highland story about a Druid being stuck in a mirror and needing someone to let him out to battle the bad guy. I just think it would be too much a repeat of the actual storyline itself. But of course, I could be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread