> > >
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: QA and UK

  1. #1
    Maniac needin SF fix! *~pandora~*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Podunk OH
    Posts
    76

    Default QA and UK

    alright, bear with me here, kinda just found this so correct me if I am wrong.... I am rereading SoTH and I found something on page 392 Worlds were fragile; one could destroy an entire planet inadvertently. She had already carried the weight of such an error. It was a heavy burden. As did her long ago consort, though the unfathomably ancient Dark King cared nothing about the blood of billions.

    Now I remember reading in FF that the Original SQ had been killed by the UK, and that QA had taken over in her stead... This implies that QA was and is the original SQ. And another thing that made me wonder, she is moving through time from the point we are at in the Fever series, though V'lane said that no Seelie could sift through time for some unknown reason.
    Soooo....my points are 1.) Is QA the Original Seelie Queen, capable of the Song of Making? and 2.)Did V'lane lie, or is QA using all the Fae resources to pull her strings and change the future? and 3.) will any of this be found out in Dreamfever?

    YAY for Guess work!

  2. #2
    Mega Maniac katydid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Smyrna, Ga
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *~pandora~* View Post
    alright, bear with me here, kinda just found this so correct me if I am wrong.... I am rereading SoTH and I found something on page 392 Worlds were fragile; one could destroy an entire planet inadvertently. She had already carried the weight of such an error. It was a heavy burden. As did her long ago consort, though the unfathomably ancient Dark King cared nothing about the blood of billions.

    Now I remember reading in FF that the Original SQ had been killed by the UK, and that QA had taken over in her stead... This implies that QA was and is the original SQ. And another thing that made me wonder, she is moving through time from the point we are at in the Fever series, though V'lane said that no Seelie could sift through time for some unknown reason.
    Soooo....my points are 1.) Is QA the Original Seelie Queen, capable of the Song of Making? and 2.)Did V'lane lie, or is QA using all the Fae resources to pull her strings and change the future? and 3.) will any of this be found out in Dreamfever?

    YAY for Guess work!
    I have wondered the same thing about QA. This is really about the only thing that has kept me out of the V'lane camp. Sorry Victoria! I know how you feel abut V'lane.

    That one comment totally differs from what V'lane tells Mac. It's why I still have my suspicions about V'lane's true objectives.
    MMPS Warrior Cats

  3. #3
    Maniac Kellimezzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    49

    Default

    V'Lane says that the fae can no longer move BACKWARDS in time. I don't recall him specifically mentioning sifting in the future.

  4. #4
    Mega Maniac Wildernessgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Telluride, CO
    Posts
    3,720

    Default

    Even before they were prevented from moving backwards or forwards in time the queen mentions that you are only bale to go so far into the future before all you see is white. I don't think they can go very far into future. The white of course being that the future is still unwritten.

    I'm not sure yet if the queen now was they same one who was killed. She was a princess then so she would have seen everything that happened and could have been a consort with the UK before everything that happened.

    She became queen before they came to Earth and must have lived on other planets. Maybe one of these is what she's referring to?

    But that being said didn't Karen say of all the characters she would ask QA if she's really forgotten. Forgotten what? Based on that comment it makes think she might be the first queen and if so why has she forgotten or is she pretending and why? Karen seems to be saying that QA is important.

  5. #5
    Mucho Maniac snowstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildernessgirl View Post
    Even before they were prevented from moving backwards or forwards in time the queen mentions that you are only bale to go so far into the future before all you see is white. I don't think they can go very far into future. The white of course being that the future is still unwritten.

    I'm not sure yet if the queen now was they same one who was killed. She was a princess then so she would have seen everything that happened and could have been a consort with the UK before everything that happened.

    She became queen before they came to Earth and must have lived on other planets. Maybe one of these is what she's referring to?

    But that being said didn't Karen say of all the characters she would ask QA if she's really forgotten. Forgotten what? Based on that comment it makes think she might be the first queen and if so why has she forgotten or is she pretending and why? Karen seems to be saying that QA is important.
    IDK if this is just about the Keltar or the Fae too?
    8:01 PM [Leiha] [SidheSaid] Question: Will the MacKeltar time traveling stones play a part in future books?
    8:01 PM [Karen Marie] not in a time reversal sense
    Wonder who is going to come forward? Thoughts anyone?

    Karen says this about the QA (which makes a lot of us wonder if she is the original queen)
    Q. If you could stand in a room with your heroes, the men from any of your novels not just the Fever novels--who would you most like to interview yourself? Why? What of the women?
    Men: The Unseelie King. He's rumored to be a million years old. I want to know if he's sorry.
    Women: Queen Aoibheal. I want to know if she's really forgotten, or if she's just pretending.

    If what was said in SH hold true in the Fever series, then the Fae can't travel past their Present.
    For QA that would mean 5 1/2 yrs after end of SH or the May 1st after the end of FF.
    If one attempted to go forward beyond one's present existence. Then one encountered an oppressive white mist, nothing more.

  6. #6
    blue sky, up ahead hazee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *~pandora~* View Post
    Now I remember reading in FF that the Original SQ had been killed by the UK, and that QA had taken over in her stead... This implies that QA was and is the original SQ.

    I may have missed something, but how exactly does that imply that Queen A is the original Seelie Queen? All it implies to me is that Queen A, in a sense, "won" the right to be the next Queen. There's a quote about this succession process in FF spoken by V'Lane -- can anyone find it?

  7. #7
    Mucho Maniac snowstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazee View Post
    I may have missed something, but how exactly does that imply that Queen A is the original Seelie Queen? All it implies to me is that Queen A, in a sense, "won" the right to be the next Queen. There's a quote about this succession process in FF spoken by V'Lane -- can anyone find it?
    V'lane says this
    She died before she could pass on her essense..............................
    Mac says: Wait than who is QA
    One of many that came after and tried to lead our race.

  8. #8
    Mega Maniac katydid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Smyrna, Ga
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazee View Post
    I may have missed something, but how exactly does that imply that Queen A is the original Seelie Queen? All it implies to me is that Queen A, in a sense, "won" the right to be the next Queen. There's a quote about this succession process in FF spoken by V'Lane -- can anyone find it?
    QA stated that the DK was her consort, not that she was his consort. In which case QA would have been the ruler at the time the US were imprisoned. Hence the questions about what is being told by V'lane in the fever books.

  9. #9
    Maniac needin SF fix! *~pandora~*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Podunk OH
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellimezzo View Post
    V'Lane says that the fae can no longer move BACKWARDS in time. I don't recall him specifically mentioning sifting in the future.
    well thats what I am saying. In the book QA has moved backwards in time to change the future, from where we are in the fever series. So how is she moving backwards when V'lane said they couldn't traverse time anymore?

  10. #10
    Maniac needin SF fix! *~pandora~*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Podunk OH
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hazee View Post
    I may have missed something, but how exactly does that imply that Queen A is the original Seelie Queen? All it implies to me is that Queen A, in a sense, "won" the right to be the next Queen. There's a quote about this succession process in FF spoken by V'Lane -- can anyone find it?
    yeah thats what I am talking about. In FF he says that the original Queen was kill, the song of making lost with her, and then QA took the throne. But the way QA talks in this snippet implies that the UK was her consort...wouldn't that make her the original Seelie Queen?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •