Thread: Audie Award!

Thumbs up Congratulations to you both!!

Jericho Barrons

Icon21 Oh My God!!!!! Phil Gigante!!!

OMG

Quote Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
    Dear Ms. Moning,
    Hello. I hope I'm not intruding, ...
    Not possible... sooooooo not possible... Phil Gigante cannot INTRUDE... We LOVE him WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.... he is soooooo welcome here... arms opened wide... really . How can he even think that??? ::Ahem, okay Dawn... calm down... I can't calm down... HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN??? ... the one day... count it... ONE DAY I step away from the computer to go work on cleaning out my trailer to get it ready for vacation and PHIL GIGANTE comes on the site and POSTS???? and I MISSED IT????? Okay, I can handle this... Oh noooo... You do realize the last thing you posted before he came was about being his pri-ya and eargasms, don't you?.... Oh great... Yep, no chance of having his respect now Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound... this is still your first and best chance to say something to him... so, enough fooling around and get on with it already...., shyly typing on... she wrote...

I LOVED bringing your wonderful characters to life on audio. The stories, beautiful prose and dialogue, and passion of your writing have forever changed and enriched my life and, frankly, spoiled me for other works in the genre. (In truth, before your work, I wouldn't have read the synopsis on the back of a Romance title. Now, I can't wait for the next Fever book!)
    Phil G.,

You are so right about Karen's writing, hers is a gift and a rare talent. But, it is actually the combination of your two rich talents that is most overwhelming in these Highlander audiobooks.

You have an incredibly sexy voice with a great facility for doing multiple voices and accents, but it goes beyond that (though that is very, very nice ). There is more than just inflection to your voice when you read the stories and dialogue. You bring through emotion, depth, and humor. For example, when the character's voice would be choking with emotion at a given moment, yours actually does. I can "hear" and "feel" the emotion in your voice. It comes right thru. You do not just read Karen's stories. You enter in and become each of the characters in them thereby breathing life into them and bringing them fully into being.

You have an amazing gift and are a wonderfully talented actor way beyond compare. For you to be able to bring the characters so fully to life with only your voice and not even the ability to use your body or facial expressions is beyond gifted. Listening to you PERFORM (not read) Karen's books has made me literally laugh out loud, cry, ... and for those few enjoyable hours, live the stories of those characters, not just listen to them. For that, I thank you!

Karen, thank you. And again, thank you. Your work is marvelous, and I am honored and thrilled to have been a small part of it. I wish you health, happiness and continued success always.

Sincerely and humbly,
    Phil Gigante

PS I'm sure you know this, but you have the best and most fervent fans I've ever seen. And I guess I'm Alpha Man enough now to count myself among them.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH PHIL AND KAREN

That award was sooo deserved by both of you!!!

P.S. Phil G., you too are a gifted romantic writer, I might add. I did enjoy the story of your meeting your wife. It was both romantic and entertaining.
    Last edited by DoberDawn; 05-31-2009 at 12:43 AM.

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

Congrats Karen and Phil!!! I haven't had a chance to snag a copy of The Dark Highlander on audio, buuuut I do have Kiss of the Highlander and I enjoy it verrah much

It is a well deserved board, and thank you for coming to the board

Congrats to Phil and Karen!
    Moning Maniac#132

OMG!!! This award was SOOOOO deserved and overdue! I have ALL of the Highlnders on audio, I've listened to each about 3 times now, and I love them! I keep them on my iPod now matter how many times I've heard them. And Phil, as much as I love Karen's stories, your voice made them even better! You are the best audio I've heard, I'd like a list of all that you've done in the romance or fantasy genre because I would go out and purchase them all just to hear more! As I've said here before, I'd listen if you read the phonebook with brogue! As an someone originally from near Dallas, you make Texans proud!

KJ

Icon20 Other Audiobooks with Phil G. as the Narrator, Reader, Performer...

Hey KJ,

I think it would be great if Phil G could give us all a list, too (as you know given all our past forum discussions <g>), and for me... not just limited to the romance genre - as I also listen to suspense and other books. But, in the interim, I thought I'd let you know, that a number of the sites like Simple Audiobooks and even the e-catalogs of my local libraries.... all let you search for audiobooks with a name field.

I have done this many times to locate books read by Phil G. (yeah, I know - what a shock! LOL). It's how I know, for example, he's the reader for Nora Roberts' Blood Brothers (though WHY did they only use him for 1 book of a trilogy????? Grrrrrrrr!) and that is why my friend and I picked that trilogy for our vacation drive this summer (she loves Phil G, too!). We got the entire Sign of Seven audiobook trilogy for our trip just because Phil is the narrator for ONE of the three books!!!!!!

::stomps feet and throws small fit:: Why? Why? WHY not use him for all three though???? ::sighs heavily::

Maniac

Default Yay Phil!

Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Ok, now I'm a little embarrassed about all the drooling I've been doing on this board over his narration. Congratulations to the both of you. I would say its been the perfect match of author and narrator.
    Stapes you should be proud of all your drooling! Your comments were one of the reasons I got all of the books on audio!!

Congratulations Phil!! You deserve the recognition!! And could you just say "aye, lass" really slow one more time for me? *sigh*

Cool Ahem, Stapes... YOU are a little embarassed?

Quote Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
    Ok, now I'm a little embarrassed about all the drooling I've been doing on this board over his narration.
    Stapes, *You* are a little embarassed?? YOU are??? Okay, ahem, err... lemme think about all the things I've posted? Yep, alright, I remember them. Hmmmm, not to mention hoping maybe he won't notice the description under my username, eh????? And you think YOU have cause to be embarassed, friend? LOL Aw, heck, I meant every word (even if now I do, sorta have to face him in cyber space and I am NOT going to change my Username's Description - it's been there all this time, and well, VP wouldn't change hers if V'lane showed up... but ahem - this reality stuff is a bit more awkward, don't ya think??? LOL).

Either way, I know we're all thrilled he's here! And, I've changed my mood to elated to celebrate! So, that's all I have to say about that!!!!!

2011 Ireland Coordinator Debbie_D's Avatar

KJ & Dawn,
    I found this on Phil's works. I don't know if it's everything but it's a start.
    -Dageus
    "Seduction begins with the promise of touch, not touch itself. The deliberate withholding of it until the moment is exquisitely right. I've been known to devote days to heightening the tension to the perfect pitch. To seduce a woman using just one thing? My mouth, I confess, for selfish reasons. I adore slow, hungry kisses, trailing them over every inch of her body. Where sex with me can sometimes be demanding, my tongue is always gentle. Relentless, but gentle."

~Viking Princess Originals~
    Moning Maniac #69
    Don't blame me... Jenn started it and Vic's the instigator

Unhappy

Hi Debbie,
    I'm assuming you did a search by narrator on that site? Unfortunately, when you save the link newcomers to the site just get the intro screen with the question... "Are you buying for a library? Yes or No. Please log in." LOL So, we don't see whatever list it was that you had up there. However, I will save that site as another of the ones I can search by narrator like the Simply Audiobooks one I mentioned earlier. Thanks!
    Dawn

+ Reply to Thread