+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Favorite 80's Movies

  1. #1
    PessimisticallyOptimistic bluedragonfly81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    3,224

    Question Favorite 80's Movies

    I LOVE the movies I watched growing up...Goonies, Labyrinth, Legend, Spaceballs, Short Circuit, Weekend at Bernie's, Gremlins, Mannequin...just to name a few!!! So, what are some of your favorite movies from the 80's?
    Last edited by bluedragonfly81; 07-15-2009 at 10:35 AM.
    My reaction to Dageus...Swoon


    Thanks, Vic!!! xoxo
    Yum Yum #3

    my blog


    Have you heard the Moning Clan Podcast? Listen here!!!

  2. #2
    Cian's Gal hdbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    I grew up in the 80's as well, and at the moment there are too many to name..I will have to get back to you on that!

    Thanks Kristin for the wonderful siggy!!

  3. #3
    Adam makes me swoon! metalgirl80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    341

    Thumbs up Without a doubt.....

    My favorite 80's movie is The Princess Bride. I've seen it so many times I can quote most of it. Who doesn't love Wesley...especially when he says "As You Wish".
    "I am your master....and you're mine. Seems like I canna possess your soul without losing my own." --Jamie to Claire

  4. #4
    PessimisticallyOptimistic bluedragonfly81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    3,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalgirl80 View Post
    My favorite 80's movie is The Princess Bride. I've seen it so many times I can quote most of it. Who doesn't love Wesley...especially when he says "As You Wish".
    OH.MY.GOD How in heck did I FORGET The Princess Bride??? ...hahaha I loved the rhyming too funny!!! ... "Inconceivable!" ..."Will it work?" ..."It would take a miracle."
    Last edited by bluedragonfly81; 07-15-2009 at 10:46 AM.

  5. #5
    Mucho Maniac redheadgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    I'm a child of the 80's too! My favorite movies are The Princess Bride, Labrynth, Legend, The Neverending Story, The Goonies, Raiders of the Lost Ark, just to name a few.

  6. #6
    PessimisticallyOptimistic bluedragonfly81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    3,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redheadgirl79 View Post
    I'm a child of the 80's too! My favorite movies are The Princess Bride, Labrynth, Legend, The Neverending Story, The Goonies, Raiders of the Lost Ark, just to name a few.
    OH MAN! my brain must be like a sieve today...maybe it's 'cause I was up till after 3 LMAO...I flipping LOVE The Neverending Story and Indina Jones and Star Wars!!!

  7. #7
    Gerry's Lass Jenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalgirl80 View Post
    My favorite 80's movie is The Princess Bride. I've seen it so many times I can quote most of it. Who doesn't love Wesley...especially when he says "As You Wish".
    Ahhh! I was going to say the exact same thing! It was the first one that popped into my head, LOL. Geez, we could start a whole separate thread for quotes, LOL! "Anybody want a peanut?"

    "You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you,"

    "You seem a decent fellow, I hate to die!"

    And you gotta love the 80's packaging of the Cheetos bag in Fred Savage's room, along with the 80's Pepsi logo, LOL.

    Let's see, what else?

    License to Drive (Gotta love the Coreys - Haim and Feldman)
    Teen Witch
    Ghostbusters
    Back to the Future (were all three in the 80's?)
    Dirty Dancing
    Lean on Me
    The Breakfast Club
    Say Anything
    Pretty in Pink
    Beetlejuice
    Adventures in Babysitting

    Hmm... I'm not sure if my late 80's/early 90's are melding in my head, some of these may techincally be 90's movies, LOL.
    Maniac #12, Founder of the GBOCL

    siggy by Kristin (Beware of Italics)!

    siggy by Mistress Dawn!

  8. #8
    Mega Maniac Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,295

    Default

    I love the Princess Bride, all the Indiana Jones movies, and Labrynth. I'm sure there are others, but my minds not realy in gear today.


  9. #9
    PessimisticallyOptimistic bluedragonfly81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    3,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    Ahhh! I was going to say the exact same thing! It was the first one that popped into my head, LOL. Geez, we could start a whole separate thread for quotes, LOL! "Anybody want a peanut?"

    "You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you,"

    "You seem a decent fellow, I hate to die!"

    And you gotta love the 80's packaging of the Cheetos bag in Fred Savage's room, along with the 80's Pepsi logo, LOL.

    Let's see, what else?

    License to Drive (Gotta love the Coreys - Haim and Feldman)
    Teen Witch
    Ghostbusters
    Back to the Future (were all three in the 80's?)
    Dirty Dancing
    Lean on Me
    The Breakfast Club
    Say Anything
    Pretty in Pink
    Beetlejuice
    Adventures in Babysitting

    Hmm... I'm not sure if my late 80's/early 90's are melding in my head, some of these may techincally be 90's movies, LOL.
    I can't believe I am missing all these movies I know what you mean by the 80's/90's thing LOL

  10. #10
    Mucho Maniac redheadgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragonfly81 View Post
    I can't believe I am missing all these movies I know what you mean by the 80's/90's thing LOL
    You know I count late 80's early 90's as the same thing. So while we're on that Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Pretty Woman. Also I just remembered ET, how could I have forgotten ET? I wanted ET to come live with me when I was little. I have loved Reeses Pieces ever since.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts