> > >
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being forced to drink the Cauldron

Mania Waiting Patiently

Icon21 Being forced to drink the Cauldron

I looked back and couldn't find anything about this so i thought I would throw it out there and see what you guys think...

On page 176 in Bloodfever, Mac is in Faerie with V'lane and they are talking about how the Fae drink from the Cauldron to avoid the insanity of such longevity. This is what Mac is thinking:

"I considered the ramifications of divesting memory, and realized why a Fae might put it off. If he'd spent 50 or a hundred thousand years watching, learning, building alliances, making enemies, the moment he divested memory he would no longer even know who those enemies were.

But they would know who he was.

I wondered if any Fae had ever been forced to drink by others of their race, to rescue them from the vast, desolate steppes of insanity. Or perhaps for more nefarious reasons."

We all know how KMM foreshadows, she didin't put this in the book on a whim! Who do you guys think may have been forced to drink from the Cauldron? Or will be? It makes me wonder about the UK, certainly he has never drank from the Cauldron? and yet how could he not be insane...It is so interesting, I KNOW this is some sort of foreshadow

Mania Waiting Patiently

Icon21 QA?

Maybe QA has been forced to drink the Cauldron for nefarious reasons, which is why we haven't seen her? I'm not sur about that but I am sure you will all set me straight!

Mania Waiting Patiently

Icon21 UK

Perhaps the UK was forced or tricked into drinking from the Cauldron, at the same time he could have been rendered to his subdued "sorta-human" form as punishment and to decrease his power and influence. This could've happened around the time he disappeared. So he has been wandering about slowly figuring out who he was and is, who his enemies are. he may have discovered some of his past, knows about his part in the SD and is trying to recover it...I don't know, I am losing wind here...any thoughts anyone?

Queen A should of made Darroc drink from the cauldron before turning him human.

You're the greatest Mia!!!!

Mania Waiting Patiently

Thumbs up Good Point! Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by V'lane_Obsesion View Post
    Yeah! How come she didn't do that? That would have been a perfecrt way to punish and diffuse him. You can't just let loose a Fae turned human onto the world with all the knowledge they possess!...Also, humans can travel the Silvers to the Realm of Faery UNDETECTED if they know hgow to "open" the mirrors with special runes and symbols. Duh! Darroc would have knowledge of these runes as he probably used them himself before the mirrors were curesed when he was Fae! He should have been Cauldroned!!!

If JZB is fae..... I think he is being punished and not ALLOWED to drink from the cauldron. I think the man and woman he killed is the reason for his punishment. He knows about V'lane...hmmmm He always tells Mac not to humanize him. Has anyone done any research on this? Thanks!!! Thoughts anyone =)

Mania Waiting Patiently

Icon21 Man & Wife

Quote Originally Posted by FeverLover View Post
    If JZB is fae..... I think he is being punished and not ALLOWED to drink from the cauldron. I think the man and woman he killed is the reason for his punishment. He knows about V'lane...hmmmm He always tells Mac not to humanize him. Has anyone done any research on this? Thanks!!! Thoughts anyone =)
    Good thoughts! i hadn't thought about the possibility of him being punished for killing the man and his wife....hmmm, I need think about this. I just finished Bloodfever last night, some of the best parts are at the end. that scene when JZB & Mac are all over each other at the Burrens-whew! Than he seems so protective of her, telling her he will ward the BB&B against O'Bannion even though it will cost him something (remember previously she asked if he would spell against the Shades and he said every bit of magic had a price thus he wouldn't do it?) and than telling Mac he would kill Rowena if she hurt Mac when she when to visit the Abbey. I think he must have been through a lot watching the woman he is starting to really care about be hurt so severely and almost dead. He is past the point of tolerating it anymore at the end of this book!

Maniac

For some reason I think Adam was made to drink, (which means he could have had other sons, which he has forgotten).

Question V'lane's Obsesion aka V'lane's #1 aka VP Bait

Quote Originally Posted by V'lane_Obsesion View Post
    Hey V'lane's Obsesion aka V'lane's #1 aka VP Bait when she gets back from Scotland and notices you. hee hee - You are a genius... why didn't she do that???

Unless.... RJ, hold onto your britches.... Mayhap Darroc is needed in the future and really will be redeemed!!!! Just like QA plotted to bring her 5 most powerful druid allies together... maybe Darroc will be redeemed and be an asset afterall??? Maybe to fix what was wrong... the walls had to come down first???

I dunno!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoberDawn View Post
    Hey V'lane's Obsesion aka V'lane's #1 aka VP Bait when she gets back from Scotland and notices you. hee hee - You are a genius... why didn't she do that???

Unless.... RJ, hold onto your britches.... Mayhap Darroc is needed in the future and really will be redeemed!!!! Just like QA plotted to bring her 5 most powerful druid allies together... maybe Darroc will be redeemed and be an asset afterall??? Maybe to fix what was wrong... the walls had to come down first???

I dunno!!!!
    Nothing has happened in either series unless QA manipulated it, I tell ya!!!! QA was oh, so verra pleased with Adam's suggestion of Darroc's punishment. I think his punishment was intentional to help her against an EVIL WE HAVE YET TO SEE IN THIS SERIES . I really hope that Darroc is redeemed, and I also think that QA is protecting Adam and his family. That's why we haven't heard from him yet. I believe Adam was the UK before he drank from the cauldron. Darroc does retain many more memories than Adam, and I think that his knowledge will aid QA in the end. I hope. 'Cause it would be a total waste of hotness if not!!!

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*