+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: By Jove! I've got it BACKWARDS!

Quick question:

Didn't the detective meet with Ryodan prior to meeting Barrons at BB&B? I can't seem to remember if he recognized him or not. Since it seems the detective has been the only one to actual see Ryodan and Barrons.
    Last edited by lvs2rd; 08-06-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvs2rd View Post
    Quick question:

Didn't the detective meet with Ryodan prior to meeting Barrons at BB&B? I can't seem to remember if he recognized him or not. Since it seems the detective has been the only one to actual see Ryodan and Barrons.
    Yes, he did. And also when Mac calls Barrons and asks him what IYCGM is and what IYD is, Barrons tells her that if she calls it and she's not dying, he'd kill her himself, then someone in the background laughs. We find out later that it's Barrons fighting with Ryodan and I think it's safe to say that the guy laughing in the background was Ryodan. Therefore, they are both in the same place at the same time. Plus Karen said Ryodan is getting his own book later on.

(Off topic, but I think it's noteworthy that Ryodan laughed at Barrons' threat to kill Mac himself, almost as if he knew Barrons wouldn't do that.)
    ~Amanda~

"He made me love him without looking at me." ~Jane Eyre

Quote Originally Posted by lilahlove View Post
    (Off topic, but I think it's noteworthy that Ryodan laughed at Barrons' threat to kill Mac himself, almost as if he knew Barrons wouldn't do that.)
    Hmmm. really nice thought. i like it!

by VP--she freakin rocks!

Barrons has already threatened to kill anyone that hurts her, including V'lane and Rowena. So I think Ryodan was laughing because he said that too.
    Play with fire, Dani, you know what you get.... ~Ryodan

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Another thought....
    We only have V'Lane's word that he is working for the Fae Queen. Maybe he is in this to find the book for himself. I know the Side-Seers had a record of V'Lane but I don't remember exactly what it said about him and I don't have a copy of the book to check.

As a complete newbie and someone who has not read the other series...is he mentioned at all in the other book series? In otherwords, what do we really know about him?

Food for thought....
    The book stated
    V'lane: Prince of the Court of the Light, Seelie. Member of Queen Aoibhal's High Council and sometimes Consort.

- I think V'lane is seelie, whether or not he's working for the Queen is anybody's guess.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes Veronica View Post

macsalterego, you brought up that quote w/ him wearing a torque and cuff! i never caught that after all the times i reread the series i wonder if that means he's fae or if it's a fashion statement
    Hi, Mercedes.

Wearing a torque or cuff does not indicate Fae. MacKeltars wore torques & cuffs. V'lane does not wear torque.

My theory is that torque relates to wearer's ability to travel in time, though we're told it's not being done now. There are discussions about torques to be found in earlier threads, if at all interested.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    Hi, Mercedes.

Wearing a torque or cuff does not indicate Fae. MacKeltars wore torques & cuffs. V'lane does not wear torque.

My theory is that torque relates to wearer's ability to travel in time, though we're told it's not being done now. There are discussions about torques to be found in earlier threads, if at all interested.
    thank you for clearing that all up. someone told me opposite of what you said in another thread. i didn't know either way. but thanks for clearing that up!!!

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    V'lane is not mentioned in the Highlander books (that I remember. It's been a while)

The Side-Seeres do say in their book that he is thought to be a prince og the Seelie court. It is possible they assume this because the unseelie princes are supposed to be imprisoned. Who knows, besides Karen?
    Rowena's book did say V'lane was a Seelie Prince, but that doesn't necessarily make it fact, IMO. Gabby (IIRC, in IH) had books that came from the Abbey that were not completely factual.

Sidhe-seer books are records made by earlier Sidhe-seers, so it makes sense to me that they wouldn't necessarily be able to differentiate that much between which kind of Fae he was. He looks pretty, like Seelies. So they may have assumed he was.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes Veronica View Post
    thank you for clearing that all up. someone told me opposite of what you said in another thread. i didn't know either way. but thanks for clearing that up!!!
    I could be wrong, too. Wouldn't be the first time.

Interpretation is everything... and it's all we have for now.

I do not know anymore of anything.......

...... and she likes to party!!!!

+ Reply to Thread