> > >
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone needs to slap a warning label on this thing!

Default Someone needs to slap a warning label on this thing!

Yes, I just got it this morning. I was running late for work, but stopped at the Post Office anyway because I knew it had to be in! I skimmed over the booklet in the car, popped in the CD and away I went!

Now, don't you know that you're not supposed to drive while emotional??? Because during 'Rainbow' I was a mess! However, following that song right up with 'Bloodrush' took care of that, LOL. I kept looking at my cd player off and on during that song, thinking, 'OMG, seriously'?

I loved it though, the whole thing... I just finished actually reading the booklet here at my desk, loving every page!

Neil, beautifully done; I love every song! I sing as well, but have always envied those that actually have the talent to write music as well as perform. I truly admire your ability!

Karen, your writing is obviously genius to me or I never would have found this place. I know you worked very hard on the booklet, and it shows in the end result. It's making me look forward to tomorrow that much more!

Thank you both so much for going above and beyond for us crazy people that love you! Hopefully I'll be able to meet you both in person at a future event and get this and the books signed!
    Maniac #12, Founder of the GBOCL

siggy by Kristin (Beware of Italics)!

siggy by Mistress Dawn!

i totally agree! this is my favorite cd now!!
    Character Inspired Soaps and Candles
    www.lafaepetite.com

Jenn, that was what I experienced the first time I heard Rainbow and I never cry when I hear a song. I still sometimes find myself tearing up over it.
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

Quote Originally Posted by Leiha View Post
    Jenn, that was what I experienced the first time I heard Rainbow and I never cry when I hear a song. I still sometimes find myself tearing up over it.
    I know! And the thing is, I can't determine exactly why it makes me cry, it just strikes a chord somewhere deep within, I guess.

I will admit, however, there are country songs that do literally make me cry... that's why I don't listen to country stations on the radio anymore, LOL. It won't stop me from listening to this cd, though!

ETA: Wait a minute, I listened and cried again when I went to the post office... this is a country song! Figures! ;D
    Last edited by Jenn; 08-17-2009 at 03:17 PM.

i cried again this morning! i was reading/typing the words to i am not afraid and my eyes took over! they were full i guess cuz i havent stopped leaking yet!
    and taking back the night!! it makes me think of the first time Mac straps on her resolve and walks out the door alone. ( this song truly is an anthem for any woman who has been violated, held against her will or had to fight off something unwanted, seeing that a lot of us have had to do the same...i think neil deserves an award for this one, he captured the anger and strength of anyone who has faced another day!)

Quote Originally Posted by irelandcastillo View Post
    i cried again this morning! i was reading/typing the words to i am not afraid and my eyes took over! they were full i guess cuz i havent stopped leaking yet!
    and taking back the night!! it makes me think of the first time Mac straps on her resolve and walks out the door alone. ( this song truly is an anthem for any woman who has been violated, held against her will or had to fight off something unwanted, seeing that a lot of us have had to do the same...i think neil deserves an award for this one, he captured the anger and strength of anyone who has faced another day!)
    Agree totally! I Am Not Afraid makes me tear up more than any other song now, geez! Taking Back the Night really makes me want to lift my head up and go make a difference in the world, and yes, it's the perfect anthem as you've said. The cd needs a broader coverage, this song should be hitting the airwaves!

Karen and Neil -- I am awed by the time and effort that went into this cd and booklet. The love you each have for your work and your fans is humbling. You both are more than I ever thought to discover when I decided to give the Fever series a chance. I wish I could give you both hugs and tell you how much your books and this cd mean to me, words cannot describe it!

It's official... I've had a breakthrough. I listened to 'Rainbow' this morning without getting teary-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    It's official... I've had a breakthrough. I listened to 'Rainbow' this morning without getting teary-eyed.
    I need to get to that point ...I was a mess at work today when it came on my ipod. Seriously this is getting to a critical junction ...I need to stop sobbing when it plays.

VP's best yet

Ken stole my CD! Thats all I can say my husband stole my CD!
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryle View Post
    Ken stole my CD! Thats all I can say my husband stole my CD!
    LOL make him buy you a new copy at the signing!