+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Who or what is JZB?

Jcee_76

Default Barron's .............

Can anyone name "ONE"thing Barron's has done to harm Mac?
    I cant think of one,he has done everything in his power to protect,make her stronger,has her back in countless things.I am so disgusted with Mac at this point in the series.

Yes,he has omitted info,he won't tell her certain things,but would she listen anyway.the lock box in her head has done more harm than Barron's.I do believe he has ulterior motives,don't they all.

Maniac

Cool Is Barons a Druid?

First off, Karen Marie Moning is one my favorite authors. I apparently can't get enough. I read the fever series first, and loved the books so much that I decided to read the Highlander series. The Unseelie and Seelie make an introduction in the last books. If you have read the last book of the highlander series, do you agree that Barrons from the fever series could indeed be a dark sorcerer/druid. He possessed the dark mirror, he tatooed himself with spells (protection spells against dark arts) and was searching out the "dark book" as it is called in Highlander, or Sinsah Dubar (bad spelling). What are your thoughts? If this is true, there is a great possibility if it was indeed Barrons at the end of the 4th book in the fever series, he may still be alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcee_76 View Post
    Can anyone name "ONE"thing Barron's has done to harm Mac?
    I cant think of one,he has done everything in his power to protect,make her stronger,has her back in countless things.I am so disgusted with Mac at this point in the series.

Yes,he has omitted info,he won't tell her certain things,but would she listen anyway.the lock box in her head has done more harm than Barron's.I do believe he has ulterior motives,don't they all.
    I agree with you about Barrons. I think he has deep feelings for Mac, and not just romantically. He told Ryodan that she had the heart of a warrior, and that would be a great compliment from him. He is always trying to make her stronger, smarter, better. He seems to understand that by withholding things from her he is forcing her to seek the answers herself because she wouldn't believe them otherwise. I'm still leaning towards him being some type of druid, or possibly a MacKeltar that was maybe unacknowledged by the clan (like an illegitimate son, since those MacKeltars were pretty impressive with the ladies) and so holds a grudge against the clan. I just don't get the feeling he's fae, but instead some type of warrior, again like the Mackeltars.

As to what I think of Mac at this point, well, I have a 22 yr old, and I tell ya, Karen has pegged the attitudes. One minute he knows everything, has made his decisions, and then asks me to "save" him by making Drs. appointments, make phone calls for him etc. I see so much of Mac in him sometimes. It's that liminal age!

I do know I can't wait til Shadowfever!!!!!

Jcee_76

Quote Originally Posted by dwaszak View Post
    I agree with you about Barrons. I think he has deep feelings for Mac, and not just romantically. He told Ryodan that she had the heart of a warrior, and that would be a great compliment from him. He is always trying to make her stronger, smarter, better. He seems to understand that by withholding things from her he is forcing her to seek the answers herself because she wouldn't believe them otherwise. I'm still leaning towards him being some type of druid, or possibly a MacKeltar that was maybe unacknowledged by the clan (like an illegitimate son, since those MacKeltars were pretty impressive with the ladies) and so holds a grudge against the clan. I just don't get the feeling he's fae, but instead some type of warrior, again like the Mackeltars.

As to what I think of Mac at this point, well, I have a 22 yr old, and I tell ya, Karen has pegged the attitudes. One minute he knows everything, has made his decisions, and then asks me to "save" him by making Drs. appointments, make phone calls for him etc. I see so much of Mac in him sometimes. It's that liminal age!

I agree......

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by dwaszak View Post

I agree too! I think he is a MacKelter mabye gone bad and is trying to make up for whatever he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Princess View Post
    I agree too! I think he is a MacKelter mabye gone bad and is trying to make up for whatever he has done.
    If you've read any of the highlanders, it seems possible that he is an illegitmate MacKeltar- the men did have their ways with lots of married women. In the Fever series, Christian tells Mac that the MacKelters have been following Barrons for a long time-they had magazines that went back at least 120yrs. I think Barrons knows that he is a MacKeltar who was not accepted or known by the clan, became angry about it when he discovered his heritage, and went into the black arts to get even. Hence, him going after all the Hallows that the MacKeltars are supposed to be keeping. Since the MacKeltars used to be able to use the stone circle to go back in time, this could explain Barrons' age too. But, I could be wrong! Karen is the Master at keeping us guessing and on edge! Another theory I had was that he is a "fallen" Knight Templar, angry with the MacKeltars for losing some of the hallows. Come on Shadowfever!!!!!!!!

Jcee_76

I got to thinking about about Barron's comments to Mac,
    "You'll know what I am ,when you see me"or something like that.
    Maybe he wants Mac to "SEE HIM" as just a man.
    Complex=YES
    Aggravating=YES
    Not human-Human=Maybe
    Grumpy=Yes
    All these these things he is and more,but he is still just a "MAN"
    Take him or leave him.Loving him despite everything could be Mac's real strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcee_76 View Post
    I got to thinking about about Barron's comments to Mac,
    "You'll know what I am ,when you see me"or something like that.
    Maybe he wants Mac to "SEE HIM" as just a man.
    Complex=YES
    Aggravating=YES
    Not human-Human=Maybe
    Grumpy=Yes
    All these these things he is and more,but he is still just a "MAN"
    Take him or leave him.Loving him despite everything could be Mac's real strength.

I think you nailed it. I think all along he's had feelings for her, thinks she's his "druid mate", but knows she is not/was not ready to accept who/what he is. Her life has been so sheltered, she is quick to judge without really thinking things through, so naive and lost that he just knows he'd lose her completely if he gave her answers right away, or let her know just how he feels. I think his "grumpiness" comes from frustration! She is so 22, and he has been around so much longer. It is a lot like the Highlander books in that aspect.
    I'd been trying to destroy my chances at normalcy only to find out I'd never had any chance at normalcy in this situation because the normal boy wasn't normal!

Quote Originally Posted by airbear82 View Post
    That Barrons is the UK.

This why I am still able to believe that Barrons is the UK.

A) He specifically calls the UK Seelie, wnd when Mac corrects him that he was Unseelie Barrons says that he was Seelie first.

238 DrF

Barrons says:

Seems to me, that he is kind of defensive about it and that he is taking it personally.
    If this is the case, why would V'Lane not tell Mac that Barrons was the UK? Wouldn't he know, being Seelie himself? Just my thought

Quote Originally Posted by LaPrincessaA View Post
    Something has been bothering me about Barrons ... And I've been FIRMLY in his camp since day one...

So we already know that whoever "broke" him he killed (and his wife too). But I was disturbed to read on pg 264 "I'd already raped his woman - she was still alive, watching her husband die."

The killing I can live with; he IS a mercenary and they kill. I can even deal with him enjoying his work. But I cannot condone the rape.

I'm not having very nice thoughts about Barrons right now and it's making me sad.
    But if you remember that passage, that was a front of what he wanted Mac to see, she had to tear through several boundaries that he had put up to find the real image. At least that's how I understood it.
    IMO, I think that he loves her but hates to admit it and will wants her to hate him so he can't get attached.

+ Reply to Thread