+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1338

Thread: Who or what is JZB?

  1. #1011
    Maniac kukana-malia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Elizabethtown, PA
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilssix View Post
    I think you may be on to something! I like the way your idea is runing!
    Thanks! My brain comes up with some outlandish theories now and then. I figure the Shades don't like Barrons either because he doesn't taste good or because he isn't living. I prefer to think of him as "too salty" rather than "walking dead".

    Did I mention I like salty snacks?

  2. #1012
    Macho Maniac aprilssix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the Highlander Fever world
    Posts
    7,403

    Arrow More thinking on shades-shadows

    Quote Originally Posted by kukana-malia View Post
    Your idea gave me one too.

    After the shades consume a human, they leave behind a husk. Mac believes it to be the part of a human that is distasteful to the Shades. Whatever this part is, maybe Barrons is mostly that, so the Shades don't want to eat him. Following this thought, then the question is, what part of a human is the husk. Mac was thinking hair, bones, something like that, but what if it is something like their soul.

    IDK, what do you think?
    I did a look up on shades...shadows

    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shadow

    A mirrored image or reflection.
    A phantom; a ghost.
    To cast a shadow on; shade
    To follow, especially in secret; trail

    Shades and shadows are all threw the Fever series. Where do they come from? What if hey are from the cursed silvers? Reflections left behind of a immage? The shadow of what was reflected?

    In the Bloodrush book, the journal entry....

    "I fallowed him again today, feeling like a judas the while time.......................................I fallowed, slinking form one alcove to the next...................But today--unlike the other morning i tailed him---"

    What if the shades/shadows are cursed bits and pieces of poeples reflections in the cursed silvers?

    Could Barrons 8 be "reflections" of him?

    Mirror inages or reflections would not have what a human has, soul, heart, ect.....just a cast shadow of themselves.

    Sorta like Uk "pouring" his darness into the BOOk. What part of him was the darkness, is shadow, shade, what?

    Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

  3. #1013
    Maniac Sasonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Nice theories.

    I just have a few comments. The Omega isn't the second, that would be the Beta. Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet and in a wolf pack is the weakest, worst, or scapegoat of the pack. This would go along with how much Barrons seems to dispise himself.

    I like the shade theory, but I've always thought that the shades were the shadows of the Unseelie. In Darkfever it's mentioned when Mac is in the warehouse that the Unseelie cast no shadows on the ground. Perhaps they achieved lives of their own? Hence, why the shades devour life, because they don't have one, just a sort of jesture of a life. Or maybe to kill a shade you have to kill its 'owner'. Allmost makes you wonder going with this train of thought who's shadow it is outside the bookstore.

  4. #1014
    Macho Maniac aprilssix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the Highlander Fever world
    Posts
    7,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasonie View Post
    Nice theories.
    I like the shade theory, but I've always thought that the shades were the shadows of the Unseelie. In Darkfever it's mentioned when Mac is in the warehouse that the Unseelie cast no shadows on the ground. Perhaps they achieved lives of their own? Hence, why the shades devour life, because they don't have one, just a sort of jesture of a life. Or maybe to kill a shade you have to kill its 'owner'. Allmost makes you wonder going with this train of thought who's shadow it is outside the bookstore.
    OMG! That is just what i was thinking about the shades! Thanks for your post!!

  5. #1015
    Maniac
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasonie View Post
    Nice theories.

    I just have a few comments. The Omega isn't the second, that would be the Beta. Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet and in a wolf pack is the weakest, worst, or scapegoat of the pack. This would go along with how much Barrons seems to dispise himself.

    I like the shade theory, but I've always thought that the shades were the shadows of the Unseelie. In Darkfever it's mentioned when Mac is in the warehouse that the Unseelie cast no shadows on the ground. Perhaps they achieved lives of their own? Hence, why the shades devour life, because they don't have one, just a sort of jesture of a life. Or maybe to kill a shade you have to kill its 'owner'. Allmost makes you wonder going with this train of thought who's shadow it is outside the bookstore.


    I took the Omega significance as Barrens being "death" and death is the "last thing" one experiences. But who knows lol

  6. #1016
    Maniac
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    fully immersed in the fever world :)
    Posts
    484

    Default

    "She couldn't possibly be a null. They're mythical"

    "So you say, as are many things, aren't they Jericho"

    I always thought the mythical reference was to the book, but what if she's referring to Barrons? That he's mythical?

    What would that make him?

  7. #1017
    Macho Maniac aprilssix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the Highlander Fever world
    Posts
    7,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynfever View Post
    "She couldn't possibly be a null. They're mythical"

    "So you say, as are many things, aren't they Jericho"

    I always thought the mythical reference was to the book, but what if she's referring to Barrons? That he's mythical?

    What would that make him?
    A pheonix! dies, turns to ashes, is reborn after 3 days.

    Barrons, "Never think something is dead unless you stir the ashes and return in 3 days to see if it is still dead".

    A pheonix is reborn, over and over and over again......Like a curse, you never truely die....

  8. #1018
    Maniac
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    fully immersed in the fever world :)
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilssix View Post
    A pheonix! dies, turns to ashes, is reborn after 3 days.

    Barrons, "Never think something is dead unless you stir the ashes and return in 3 days to see if it is still dead".

    A pheonix is reborn, over and over and over again......Like a curse, you never truely die....
    From Ancient Egypt the Mythology

    At the time of the Pyramid Texts, Atum became identified with Re. As Atum-Re, he was connected to the Bennu bird (the phoenix).

    From wikipedia...

    The Bennu was considered the ďsoulĒ of the god Atum,

    From New World Encyclopedia

    In ancient Egypt, Atum (alternatively spelled Tem, Temu, Tum, and Atem) was one of the early gods of Egyptian mythology, associated with creation and the Ennead (nine deities) of Heliopolis. With a name whose etymology denotes "completion" or "ultimacy,"[1] Atum was thought to represent both the self-engendering origin of the cosmos as well as the setting sun.

    Though he was eventually displaced by other solar/creator deities (including Ra and Amun), he remained an important part of the Egyptian mythic corpus (in general) and the royal cult (in specific).

    In the archaic Egyptian pantheon, Atum was the chief god in the Ennead (nine deities) of Heliopolis (the capital of the Lower Kingdom).

    Atum's creative nature has two sides to it, however, because Atum can be seen as the one who completes everything and finishes everything. In this sense he is the uncreator as well as the creator. Thus, in the Book of the Dead, Atum states that at the end of the world he will destroy everything that he has made and return to the form of the primeval serpent (BD 175).[19]

    In later, more nuanced understandings, the god was seen to represent the nexus between earth and sun, by personifying the solar disc in the process of rising and setting. The separateness of these two instances led to a commensurate division of Atum, with the rising sun coming to be seen as a youthful version of the god (named either Nefertum (literally meaning young Atum or Khepri), and the setting sun becoming an elderly version of the god.[21] samhain/beltane?? JZB's bd & mac's BD?



  9. #1019
    Maniac
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    selkirk ny
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksushanchik View Post
    Hey Jenny, I totally agree with you..I posted my thoughts in Cruce- revisited thread.. but i think i should move it here betta ..:))


    Hi guy, I love your brainstorming and very interesting theories on the subject. I totally support some of your arguments here. I was thinking about Fever mysteries for a while and decided to share my thoughts here with you. I believe that Barrons and Cruce is the same person.



    Barrons, The Dark King and Cruce are all connected somehow and KMM gives us very little information on them but many clues. When I read the books for the first time I thought, surely our strong, mighty and mysterious Barrons must be the UK. But something doesnít add up. So I was putting facts together to look at it from different angle.


    Cruce and Dark King


    * Are connected somehow, they are in love with the same mortal woman and both want power in their world.


    Other facts


    * Barrons can kill fae, even dark princes are afraid more of him than of Daniís sword
    * Barrons knows everything that there is to know about the mirrors and uses them to move around
    * Shades are afraid of him, super strong, super fast, super powerful, etc etc etc.
    * KMM once mentioned that itís not important who Macís real father is but itís really important who her grandfather is.

    What is Mac?

    * There are demons in her and something so awful that she is afraid even to look at it, dark lake that she mentions is in her head and she is scared to draw power from it.
    * There is unusual strength and potential that she is still to discover and realize ( she walks through wards, learns ďvoiceĒ in mere weeks, etc)
    * The dreams Mac is having that she believes to be generic memories of her ancestors.
    * "An unwanted inheritance of ancient blood"
    * The Dark book seeks her and calls Mac KINDRED
    *Have you noticed how Unseelie Hallows are reacting to Mac's presence?? ( the stones glow and shimmer and so is the Amulet when she is near it...well and the Dark book hunts her and calls her Kindred)



    The obvious answer for me is that both the Book and Mac are created by the same person, the Dark King. She is the descendant, granddaughter of the UK and his beloved concubine, woman we know under name Patrona. The woman that killed herself by falling out of the mirror, as it is mentioned in the book as far as I remember. She found the way into mortal world and gave birth to Isla, Macís real mother.


    Letís get back to the Dark King and Cruce


    * They both are after power and concubine
    * They are the Alpha and Omega and ,as Ryodan mentioned ones, Barrons is always, ever ( or constant) the Omega, the second one
    * As we know the UK went from dark to darker and created the Dark book
    * Cruce went from dark to darker as well and I believe he learned the dark magic that enabled him to curse Kingís mirrors ( to fight the King and get the woman he loved)


    And thatís why he says his famous phrase about willingness to go dark is a virtue.


    Hence, ever the Omega, always the second one needs the Dark book to finish off what he started and defeat the Alpha, the Dark King. And this is where Mac plays her role. But he doesnít seem to know what she is. I wonder if he actually does...



    Additionally,

    *in the last part of Drmfvr Mac and Christian are having conversation about how Christian got lost in Silvers and been stuck in there for over 2 months he got very suspicious about Barrons being able to find the way out in 4 days only. In Silvers, that even Seelie are not using because they are afraid of Cruce's curse. Barrons does not confess to Mac where he was till " four days after"..he says: " its complicated " ..I think its because she would get suspicious about It and could guess the truth about him..


    * If you remember that auction Barrons took Mac with in Bloodfever, everybody seems to think that amulet is actually The Amulet of Cruce ( even Darroc who gets it later), but Barrons seems very confident that the Amulet on the auction is actually one of the Unseelie Hallows.


    * Barrons cannot be the UK because the Unseelie king is unable to move trough mirrors after they were cursed. It spits him out back to his fortress.. hmmmm ..sooo..



    =>So what you guys think??? :) Sorry, if my msg is too long :)

    I totaly agree, I posted my thoughts like that in Cruces thread too, one thing i want to add is that Christain nsaid that UK cant use the silvers because of the curse and we know that Barrons can.

  10. #1020
    Maniac Meli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Sunshine state ^_^
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tleonard622 View Post
    I totaly agree, I posted my thoughts like that in Cruces thread too, one thing i want to add is that Christain nsaid that UK cant use the silvers because of the curse and we know that Barrons can.
    Yep! He certainly can use the silvers that the UK cannot
    melibells.deviantart.com

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts